It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 A Waste of Poké-balls? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've been sitting here for an hour, trying to catch a Beldum because I was thinking, "Hey, it'll be easier than breeding for one, right?" Wrong. I'm on my third or fourth Beldum and I think my supply of Ultra Balls is running dangerously low. I can't remember the last time I ran out of Ultra-balls and these Beldum only know Take Down (or struggle) and the knock themselves out before I get frustrated and do it myself! And all for a Beldum that's already at lvl 53...

What is the most time you've spent trying to catch a Pokémon? How many Poké-balls did you use up? Did you catch them in the end?

Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:45 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I wouldn't equate using many pokeballs or spending a lot of time to catch something with wastefulness. A legendary usually takes many balls and a few tries to catch. I believe I used over 40 ultra balls before I caught groudon in sapphire. I didn't ever use him, but I really like having all the legendaries.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Haha, true. I guess I just occasionally notice how much each of those balls cost and I feel like I'm just watching money go down the drain.....

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Interesting. Beldum's catch rate is 3; that's the equivalent to Mewtwo's catch rate.

Yeah, you're going to be throwing Pokeballs for a long time. Try using Dusk Balls at night and using False Swipes + Spore. I once used a Gameshark to make Jirachi appear in the wild in FireRed and I was amazed at how difficult it was to catch even though it was Gamesharked (Jirachi has a catch rate of 3 too.)

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Articuno.

I captured both Moltres and Zapdos very easily, Articuno however gave me such a hard time.

As for non-lengendarys' I would go with ether Magmar or Bagon... I think.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:52 pm
Profile ICQ
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Legend: Azelf.
Non-Legend: Not sure, probably Bagon or Gible.

But I had a lot of trouble with the three Pixies (or whatever the **** they are).

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I used a ton on Giratina in pearl, but it wasn't really a waste of pokeballs as much as a waste of time, cause i turned the game off every once in a while, and eventually just used a masterball.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: Where Chandelure stores the souls it burns for fuel! Mwahahahaha
Legendary: O my god. Mew2 two used everyone of my 99 Ultra Balls. I just eventually used my MasterBall.

Regular: I dunno, probably Larvitar in the safarizone in hgss

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

lapras in safari zone on heartgold
got it with the 5th ball on 5 trip in

didnt know it could be found there

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:47 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would have to say that for legendary pokemon it was always the begining ones that I had difficulty with. I had difficulty catching Mewtwo since my technique was to just confuse him but he would end up knocking himself out. I think it took me maybe 50 ultra balls.

For just a regular pokemon I would have to go with Murkrow in the safarizone in Heart Gold. They were just extremely finicky and would end up running away even if I just throw a treat at them. However after going into the safari 4 times and using all 30 safari balls I caught one.

Heart Gold: 0303 2082 5708
Diamond: 0689 7105 0294

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:56 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

looking back over the years i now realize i am 2 pokemon from getting every pokemon in blue. needing elecebuzz from my red version(can get easily) and tauros. i have spent thousands of pokemoney whatever its called attempting to SEE one, am yet to see one much less catch it. even worse is that i had one the first time i played through.

Only during the [color=#FFFF00]day[/color] can you truly hide in the [color=#000000]shadows[/color]
help my pokefarm
[url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDZTvDZO5GJmm][img]http://pokefarm.org/_ext/BDZTvDZO5GZs1GROzGQmm[/img][/url]
member of the nuzlock challenge

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:54 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In my Secret Base at Route 116- come and find me! :P
And I thought that dumb Kricketot was a waste of pokeballs, seriously took me like 10.

...gotta catch em all, right? *sigh*

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah when i caught {regirock} it threw 30 Ultra balls straight didnt catch then threw 1 great ball caught it. i thought to myself "I cant believe this." i think its determined on catch rate and luck.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, this wasn't a waste of Pokeballs... In fact its just the opposite, but I kind of wanted to brag about it. Just recently I got MEGA lucky and caught a non-paralyzed/sleeping/burned/etc, in the orange health, level 70 Lugia with a single Ultra ball while having only a level 52 out on the battlefield. Btw, I don't know if that last one matters, I was told I while ago that the stronger your pokemon is in comparison to the one you want to catch the higher the catch rate. Is their any truth to that or was that a myth? Also, it has a Quirky Nature. I know it doesn't effect any of his stats... but I'm not certain if thats a good thing or a bad thing yet...

But anyways, back on topic... Uhm, the biggest waste of Pokeballs that I ever tried to catch was probably actually Ryhorn back in the Red/Blue/Yellow days in the Safari Zone. Finding one, then trying to catch it was a pain. I used all the steps in the safari zone just tring to find one of those guys. And in the end, when I caught one, I never used it anyways.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Regigigas. I spent 2 hours trying to catch the damn thing. I bought 70 Ultra Balls and they were all wasted. Once I ran out, I bought 50 Timer Balls and 3 Quick Balls and went back. I caught it with only 4 Timer Balls left.

The other is Giratina in Platinum. 1hour and 55 minutes I took to catch it. I bought 50 Ultra and Dusk Balls. I finally caught it with a Dusk Ball. I only had 2 Dusk Balls left.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I used 72 ultra balls and 19 or 20 dusk balls on Giratina in Platinum. Catching Kyogre in Emerald was easy, i did it with a poke ball, catching Groudon was HORRIBLE. it took me days.........but i guess it was worth it.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The worst legendary I've tried to catch is raiku. I've paralyzed him, got him down to so little HP that the meter is barely visible, then got my trusty crobat to use mean look.
Then wasted almost 50 ultra balls before the effin' thing used roar.

The worst non-legendary would probably be chansy. Spent all of my ultra balls, ran out of those, and caught it with a love ball. Sometimes I feel like ultraballs are no better than pokeballs when it comes to catching.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]