It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Ages of pokemon players 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What are the current age ranges of people who play pokemon generally?

Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This has to be one of the most vague questions I've ever heard, but I'll give it a shot; I know I still play Pokemon a lot, and I'm turning 17 in a week, my one friends is 18 and she loves it, my brother's 19 and he plays it on his laptop, some of the people on this site have profiles that list ages over 20, and I know there are little kids who play it too. So, we'll say 6-30 years of age.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Last edited by Emin Jofit on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:13 am
THE POWER IS ON!

The target demographic is male, ages 6 to 12, so they generally play the games the most.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:00 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm 17, I'm a girl, and I play pokemon. I'm nearly 18 but I'll keep playing because I'm hyped up for Gold and Silver.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:36 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm 18, and I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue was released in the U.S. I don't see myself stopping because anyone thinks "LOL POKEMON THAT'S A KIDS GAME HURR".

Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you R_R. Some people in my town are utter :censored:'s who flame anything that's different. I'm a bit of a late bloomer, started at 11(i'm 14 now) and i get slagged a lot for it but i use the ultimate comeback 'would I do it to you?'

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've been playing pokemon for 10 years. The older kids always say "LOL POKEMANZ IZ GAE". Pokemon is a lot better than the stupid **** they do.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm 13, and I obv. like to play to pokemon. But none of my friends know, and I don't intend on telling them... =/

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

JaBl96 wrote:
I'm 13, and I obv. like to play to pokemon. But none of my friends know, and I don't intend on telling them... =/

I'll say the same thing I tell my friend [she's afraid her sisters will mock her (triplets ftw)]: Who gives a flying f***. It makes you happy, so no one should care. I proudly tell people that I'm a Pokemon nerd and I'm a Senior in High School. If you enjoy it, don't let them get to you.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was born in 1991, Red/Blue came out in America in 1998, I have been playing them since then they were released. I turn 18 this November. If you like something then you like it, if others think its childish and you think its cool, forget what they think.

Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:20 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

im currently 16 and i have been playing since shortly after yellow came out. alot of people thknk that it is stupid but i tell them i like to play it and they shouldn't care. i also have a few frineds who play too.

Only during the [color=#FFFF00]day[/color] can you truly hide in the [color=#000000]shadows[/color]
help my pokefarm
[url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDZTvDZO5GJmm][img]http://pokefarm.org/_ext/BDZTvDZO5GZs1GROzGQmm[/img][/url]
member of the nuzlock challenge

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I am pretty sure the majority of people who play pokemon games are teenagers...

I am 17 and have been playing since The red and blue versions came out in then US.
I stopped playing in third generation, got back into it when fire red and leaf green came out. And now that I got platinum I plan to get Heart Gold... Most of my mates do not know I play pokemon but I do have a couple who do play and I love battling them. The ages in pokemon vary tremendously and I even battled 19-23 year olds who pwned me...The fact is world wide people play/watch/love pokemon and do not be surprised by how long it will last :wink:

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:30 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

18 years old and a PROUD Pokemon trainer/player :mrgreen:

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:00 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

POKEMON RUINED MY SOCIAL LIFE, next thing i know I'm off to uni, where did all my time go, what childhood memories do i have, oh that's right I played Pokemon and went on the internet lolz

Although, some of my friends carry their DSs around and play Pokemon and stuff, which does irritate me because they'd rather play Pokemon than engage in social interactions, and unfortunately I find that really sad especially that they're 18-19. No one likes to hear this, but in my opinion playing Pokemon (extensively) if you're 16+ is kinda sad, yes, I'm a hypocrite but now that I'm a bit of an outsider to it it does make sense why people bad mouth it. I work at a Games store and the only ones that seem to be buying the Pokemon games are 8-12 year olds, always male too. (its probably because there's a wide range of games to cater specifically for girls now).

Don't let me discourage you though ;)

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm 13 and I've been playing Pokemon since I was 5. Those 8 years I was playing Pokemon made a total video game nerd!

Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

im 15 and will be 16 in late march (HG will hopefully be a b-day gift :D ) i have 5 friends that still play, 3 of the 17 and 2 of them 16

Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:33 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, I started liking Pokemon when I was 5, I think, and I'm just about 15. I think I'll still like it forever, but ya don't know, I might lose interest. :(

{articuno} {zapdos} {moltres} {mewtwo} {mew} {raikou} {entei} {suicune} {lugia} {ho-oh} {celebi} {regirock} {regice} {registeel} {latias} {latios} {kyogre} {groudon} {rayquaza} {jirachi} {deoxys} {uxie} {mesprit} {azelf} {dialga} {palkia} {heatran} {regigigas} {giratina} {cresselia} {manaphy} {darkrai} {shaymin} {arceus}

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm 15 right now, and I still play the games. Quite a few of my friends at school still play the games to and they are 15-16 years old.

I got into Pokemon just before RSE came out, I wish I had got into it earlier. =(

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My guess is... many start around 7-8 or so, and then anywhere up to mid to late 20s (teenagers when RB came out).

So, 7-30?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:25 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I see it as people between 6 years of age to 20 something years of age. Seeing as the Kanto games had some questionable content as far as I am concerned(go to Lavender Town & you will see what I mean when you talk to people there).

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

As of right now I am 18 and in college. Also I talk alot about the upcoming HG and SS games. I expected some people to laugh and when I say that they reply: "What? No way! I loved Pokemon -insert color/metal/gem here- If anyone is afraid to say that they like Pokemon then that only reduces the amount of people that know its OK to like Pokemon. BOOYA!!!! POKEMON RULEZ!

Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]