It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Trainer's Guide - HP Restoring Items 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Before battling the Elite 4 for the first time, we trainers always buy items to use between battles... But some of us wonder: How can I save money ?
Here is one of the many guides I wish to write: HP Restoring Items Guide !

So as you can see, for the same amount of HP restored, you pay less using Fresh Water or Energy Root than using a Hyper Potion (although the Energy Root decreases your Pokémons' Happiness) !

As for Max Potions, only use those on Chanseys and Blisseys (who lost more than 625 HP)... ONLY ! Otherwise, it's a complete waste of money whereas the Fresh Water is the only HP restoring item which is almost money-waste free (only under 625 HP) ! Same thing for Full Restores: only on Chanseys and Blisseys with status problems.

In conclusion, to restore HP, the wisest decision is to use Fresh Water...

See you next time with more money-saving guides !

- Dark Typhlosion

Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I carry 20 Lemonades on me at all times.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I haven't used a Potion in battle for a year or so, but I think people use Hyper Potions etc. instead of Fresh Water because these Potions heal up Pokemon real fast. For a near-fainting 200+ Hp Pokemon, you'd need to click the Fresh Water and use it on the Pokemon 4 whole times. Potions that heal 200 Hp or more would take 1 click only. For people like me who have little time to spare, I'd rather spend more to save the time.

Also, if you're planning to heal a near-fainting 200+ Hp Pokemon in battle, Hyper Potions/Max potions/Full Restores would be much better because they'll heal up your Pokemon completely in 1 turn. Fresh water on the other hand, would take and waste 4 whole turns, during which your Pokemon may faint because Fresh Water can't heal enough.

Anways, Money isn't a problem nowadays; with the VS Seekers, Amulet Coins and Rich trainers (Some pay over 10 000 bucks) of course. Besides, if you have a Pokemon with Fly/Teleport you won't even need to spend Money on Potions out of battle because Pokemon Centers heal for free. :wink:

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Fresh Water is the best, and, if you wanna save time too, i guess Moomoo Milk is the best...

Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Fresh Water is useless when battles involve higher level Pokemon. I seriously don't see the need to waste so much time and turns just to save some money. The time and effort you took to save this money could be used to earn so much more. It only takes a few seconds to earn tens of thousands if you go the right place.

It's not like money is hard to earn in the advanced generations, in fact, I'm always overflowing with money, even though I spend huge amounts on coins for TMs like Ice Beam, Flamethrower and Thunderbolt.

Conclusion? There's No need to spend so much time and effort just to save some money because the game is saturated with it. :wink:

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

papersun wrote:
I carry 20 Lemonades on me at all times.

Yeah, pretty much this.

In GSC it was Moo-Moo Milks.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:10 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]