It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 5th Generation Pokemon ? *UPDATED !* (July 13, 2009) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

On the official Pokemon Movie 12 website, in the merchandise section, we can buy this set of key chains on which we can see Pokemon who are said to appear in the 12th movie. We can also notice 3 mysterious key chains on the bottom... Are these Pokemon we already know of ? Alternate Pokemon forms ? Or better... new Pokemon from a possible 5th generation ?

Credits to http://www.Pokecharms.com

Have fun speculating... :)

EDIT:
The Pokemon that appear on these key chains are:

-Arceus
-The Notched Ear Pichu
-Pikachu
-Giratina
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Piplup
-Gliscor & Monferno
-Cyndaquil, Chikorita & Totodile
-Grotle, Buizel & Staraptor
-Mamoswine, Pachirisu & Buneary

UPDATE ! (July 13, 2009)

It is now confirmed that the notched ear Pichu cannot evolve !! Meaning that all speculation about the key chains being evolved forms of the Pichu are false !

PokéBeach.com wrote:
In the final scan, Notched-Ear Pichu's attacks are confirmed to be Pain Split, Volt Tackle, Helping Hand, and Swagger. It is also stated that it cannot evolve and it cannot be traded out of the two games.

Could these key chains be NEW Pokemon ?????

Last edited by Dark Typhlosion on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:59 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the three are speculated to be Arceus and the evolutions of notched eared pichu. but if they are 5th gen pokemon all ready I'll be disappointed, id rather see RS remakes than 5th gen.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:31 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
I'm torn between wanting it to be a 5th gen, and hoping that Cactuar's first prediction is right. On the one hand, there are lots of type combonations, models and ideas for pokemon that haven't been used yet. On the other hand, the metagame has become so primarily offensive over the last generation that stradgies are becomming much less varied. I'm afriad of what kind of power boosts will be installed in a potetial 5th generation.

Also there's sort of a pattern with the generations. 1st gen, a brand new group of 150 pokemon. 2nd gen, a new group of 100 pokemon, many of whom are related to the 1st gen pokemon. 3rd gen, a brand new group of (insert number here) pokemon that can stand alone if they have to. 4th gen, a brand new group of (insert number here) pokemon many of whom are related to the previous generation. If they follow that pattern, we're looking at upwards of one hundred new pokemon, and the number there are already is reaching critical mass.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, they have shot down R/S remakes with Kyogre,Rayquaza, and Groudon in HG/SS and the Regis in Platinum. There are still the Latis, but they may find a spot in Johto. So 5th Gen is a possibility, but they'll stall with a bunch of spin-offs first.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd like to have a generation related to all the previous generation, not really a brand new one, which will be (as Clueless said) too much for a game. On the other side, I've read that two of those key chains might be the evolutions of the Notched Ear Pichu, and an Arceus.
Personally, I'd like those key chains to be a 5th generation but I'm not really sure if the Pokemon fans are ready for this yet. I mean we barely got use to the 4th generation yet... We didn't have time to incorporate them to our gaming experience... Still, it might be interesting...

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:24 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Dark Typhlosion wrote:
I'm not really sure if the Pokemon fans are ready for this yet. I mean we barely got use to the 4th generation yet... We didn't have time to incorporate them to our gaming experience...

Pokemon Red/Green Japanese Release Date: February 27, 1996
Pokemon Gold/Silver Japanese Release Date: November 21, 1999 (approx. three and a half years)

Pokemon Gold/Silver Japanese Release Date: November 21, 1999
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Japanese Release Date: November 21, 2002 (exactly three years)

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire Japanese Release Date: November 21, 2002
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Japanese Release Date: September 28, 2006 (approx. four years)

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Japanese Release Date: September 28, 2006 (approaching three years of release already)
Pokemon Gen V Japanese Release Date: 2010 at the earliest (approx. four years, at least)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokemon Red/Blue American Release Date: September 1, 1998
Pokemon Gold/Silver American Release Date: October 15, 2000 (approx. two years)

Pokemon Gold/Silver American Release Date: October 15, 2000
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire American Release Date: March 17, 2003 (approx. two and a half years)

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire American Release Date: March 17, 2003
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl American Release Date: April 22, 2007 (approx. four years)

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl American Release Date: April 22, 2007 (over two years of release already)
Pokemon Gen V American Release Date: 2011 at the earliest (approx. four years, at least)

I'd say Generation IV has had plenty of time to sink in.

As for me, I'm ready for some new Pokemon. Just as long as I can finish my comparer first. >_>

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:17 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

5th gen already?
They have not even released GS remakes and are already making 5th gen merchandising?
I dont think so

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:28 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Yes, because FireRed and LeafGreen really stopped them from whoring Munchlax all over the place during the same period of time. Oh, wait, it didn't.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:31 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
Yeah, Frost is proabably right. I hadn't looked at the release dates like that, but seeing them...well, it doesn't seem like much longer now.

Also, FRLG was released in the United States in september 2004 and, like frost mentioned, Munchlax had already been in a movie, and it wasn't long before they had Weavile, Lucario, Bonlsy, Buizel and Mantyke out for display. Now that I think about it, those other key changes being potential 5th gen pokemon is a lot more likely than I'd thought. But they will insist on dragging it out, they always do.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

unfortunately, if they do make a 5th gen, they'll make a lot more ugly, useless flying types. I'd like to see some more cool ones, like Swellow.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I can't quite tell on the first one, but i believe the second keychain resembles a Pikachu; the ears at the top, it's head being right underneath, it's arm on the right, and both of its feet on the other side, kinda a laying down position. The third seems like Raichu to me, the top parts have Raichu's signature curls under its ears. But who knows.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I doubt Gen 5 is gonna come out any time soon. DP came, what, 2 years after Emerald? When Gen 5 comes, I'm guessing it won't be before 2011.

But hey, I'm all for a new generation.

Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really hope they make A fifth generation, But I think it's WAY too early to make a remake of R/S. They barely came out 6 years ago. It sounds like A long time, but it has to be at least 10 years before they remake A game. Like Disney movies, it has to be like, 50 years before they remake and do all the tech crap on it and make it blu-ray. Those key chains look like Arceus, an I'm guessing the Pichu brothers?

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:01 am
I need to shut the **** up

A 5th Gen would be...weird. I like the 4 Generations as they are, tbh. But, it wouldn't do any harm. I guess. :/

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

5th Generation so fast? : They haven't release GoldSilver and SoulSilver, wtf?

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]