It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Your Own YOUmon? 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

This has nothing to do with the What Pokémon Would You Want To Be? and why? thread. And it has nothing to do with Mystery Dungeon either.

This is more of a fun/creative topic. If you don't know everything by heart, you might just do the same as I did: look at the Psydex and Psylab for a richer reply.

If you were a Pokémon, what would you be like? What species would you be? What would be your stats and moves? Also, why? Give me reasons; preferably ones that have to do with your real-life self; pick Pokémon atributes that you identify with the most. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't choose your favorite whatevers to make your dex.

Okay, I'll start.

Design Basis: Hm... Not a plant, object or myth. I'd probably be an animal, either a mammal, a bird or a reptile. I'm not sure at the moment.

Body Style: One of the following: Type 2, Type 6, Type 8, Type 9, Type 12, or Type 14. I chose these out of preference.

Habitat: I'm not a fan of high altitudes and low temperatures, I'm afraid of the dark, I'm not the greatest swimmer, and I never really wanted to go camping in the wild, so Urban or Grassland would be the best habitats for me. Preferably Urban.

Color: I serched the meanings of colors to choose this one. So, from what I've seen, I'd either be White (purity and kindness), Blue (truth, sincerity), or Yellow (happiness, creativity), because I can relate to those aspects. I would say White or Yellow the most.

Type: I think I'm more of a Flying type, pretty much because I have a very mild and easy-going personality; I hardly ever worry about things or get angry with someone. I'm also a very imaginative person. And, sometimes, I find it difficult to focus, or pay attention to something. I know there aren't pure Flying types out there, so let's just pretend I'm the first one. ;p

Ability: Clear Body. I'm known amongst my friends as to not ever drink or smoke, or do anything related. Perhaps Early Bird (I almost always wake up early) and Gluttony (I just love to eat) as well.

Nature: Bashful, calm, careful, docile, gentle, jolly, lax, mild, modest, relaxed, timid, all relate to me. Jolly, mild and docile probably the most.

Stats: I'm very skinny and fragile. However, compared to my friends, I almost never get sick. I also always pick the magic side over the physical strenght side on RPGs and whatnot. I'm not a strategy/smart kind of person neither. I would say I have poor Attack and Defense, but a pretty high HP, good Special Attack and Special Defense, and an average Speed.

Battle Role: I would never be able to take the role of a Physical Sweeper or a Tank. I guess I'd be one of the following: Heal-Beller (because I'm a medical student), Baton-Passer (I have this bad tendency of putting others before myself), Psycho-Hazer (many times I attempt to improve by incorporating other people's qualities that I lack), or perhaps a Special Sweeper.

Attacks: I'm tired right now, so I'll complete this later. ;)

Phew, this took so long. And now it's your turn. :)

Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm the FIRST ONE!
Actually, I can see myself as as Spiritomb (my favorite!) quite clearly, now that I think about it.

Design Basis: Spiritomb consits of 108 malevolent spirits bound to a keystone.
This is very symbolic, as it represents the many faults that humans naturally have.

Body Style: I'm not even going to bother.

Habitat: Spiriitomb lives in a tower, in a rather remote place. I'm not sure exactly where (No DS!),
But still, it's remote none the less. I live about 30 miles from the nearest major town.

Color: Regular Spiritomb is green and purple. Shiny Spiritomb is blue and purple.
According to Galar's page, both represent me.

Type: I love Ghost Dark types. I'm rather stealthy in my opinion, so I think that would be fitting.

Ability: Pressure, I think. I tend to get rather tense; but, when I do, I gt cold and calculating.

Nature: Careful, maybe? Or perhaps Modest?

Stats: My parents say I tend to get rather defensive. I'm not big and bulky, but I'm no shrimp either.
I have next to no speed. Yup! Spiritomb all the way!

Battle Role:I think I'm just a "general usage" Pokemon.

Attacks: Faint Attack? Or maybe Beat Up?

Yep! I am about 90% Spiritomb, and 10% something else.
Ironic, isn't it?

Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Design Basis: I'd like to either be a fish or some type of animal that walks on two legs.

Body Style: Based on design basis: Style 3, Style 6, or Style 12.

Habitat: I don't really like rocky or barren areas, but I do like to hang around lakes and rivers and parks. I've also lived in a big metropolitan area my entire life. The ideal habitats would be Grassland, Water's Edge, Sea, or Urban.

Colour: Using Galar's meanings of colours, the colours that suit me are Brown (order, convention) or Yellow (Wisdom, Joy, Happiness).

Type: I would probably be a Water Type or an Ice Type. I like to swim and be in the water and recently I have found myself out in the snow and cold a lot. It would be nice to have that type of environment beneficial to me. Water/Ice or just Ice would work.

Ability: Hmm. Either Anger Point (I believe that I get easily angry) or Hydration (I like to drink a lot of water).

Nature: Calm, Careful, Docile, Hasty, Lax, Mild, Modest, Quiet, Serious, Timid.

Stats: I'd say I'm pretty fast and a good sprinter so my Speed would be relatively high. I seem to put up well with extreme weather so my Special Defence should be okay too. I myself am rather thin and I do not have a lot of mass so my Defence and Attack would probably be low (although for some reason people say I'm "deezed" or however you spell that.) I have no idea how to assess Special Attack and my HP would be average.

Battle Role: Likely Special Sponge (again the weather reason). Maybe special Sweeper if I have decent special attack. Hazer (when possible, if I am playing a game I like to tear down whatever work the opponent has done to give him/herself an advantage).

Attacks: A lot of thinking required here...I'm sure Tackle is in there somewhere :p.

It was fun to think about all this, and yes it did take some time.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hmm, this looks pretty interesting :P

Design Basis: Either plant-like or ghostly, probably a combination of the 2. I like plants more than animals, and am quiet and often unnoticed, like a ghost.

Body Style: Probably type 12 (humanoid), any other kind would seem weird.

Habitat: Definately forest, they are full of life, and peacful when undisturbed.

Color: Based on the things Galar posted, Indigo(intuition, deep contemplation), Green(life, nature), and Gray(security, maturity). And maybe black too, because it looks cool.

Type: Probably Grass/Ghost. Grass seems peacful and self-sustaining, ghost seems elusive and mysterious.

Ability: Wonder guard, because it takes a lot to negatively influence me. Or maybe Own tempo, because I rarely concern myself with others.

Nature: Definately modest, I understate my abilities to others quite often.

Stats: My immeadiate speed is not much, so that would be low, but my endurance is very high, so I guess that's HP. Im not much of a physical specimen, so attack and defense would be pretty low. I have pretty high mental capabilities, so both special stats would be pretty high.

Battle Role: If i could use bulk-up (which I probably couldn't) I would be good with that, because it would allow me to be very hard to bring down, with powerful offences from both sides of the spectrum. Maybe I could use curse instead, speed doesn't really matter when you're already all-around offensive and defensive. I like the concept of statusing and setting up.

Attacks: My moveset would be curse, recover, shadow ball, leaf blade. I would be very hard to KO, and could have 2 stab moves, one physical and one special.

Now what would be really fun (and hard) would be drawing your youmon with paint or something. Mine would probably be a combination of {gardevoir}, {mismagius}, {celebi}, and {venusaur}

Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:55 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Design Basis: Some kind of mammal. Preferably something that normally walks on two legs - I don't know how I'd live without my hands. Built similar to a human, maybe.

Body Style: Style 6 or 12.

Habitat: As much as I like adventuring outdoors, I spend most of my time inside and don't go out of town very often. Urban.

Color: Looking at that list, I would say orange, pink and red describe me best. If I had to pick one, I would say orange.

Type: I'm..fiery, so possibly fire. And then there's always the imaginative, not-really-there psychic. I think it's 50/50.

Ability: ..Cute charm. <3 :p (Guts, too!)

Nature: Quirky, most definitely. Adamant and jolly work, too, but quirky wins in the end.

Stats: I'm all offense. (Special) Defense is lacking, though it wouldn't be terrible. Special Attack would be rather high, considering my..intellect, I guess. And I can shoot invisible rainbow lasers out from my eyes. Speed would be average or poor.

Battle Role: Physical or special sweeper both work, I'm rather versatile. Baton passer might work, but tank? Nooo.

Attacks: Let's see..attract, rage, roar, take down, HYPAR BEEM, flamethrower, splash, tail whip..yeah.

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Design Basis; I like dragons so probably like a dragon

Body Style; 6 or 8 because I walk on my hands and knees a lot

Habitat; Either very hot or very cold, I dont feel the cold much, go out with light sweatshirt in 20 degree weather

Color; Gray or Yellow. yellow the best

Type; im good with fire so maybe fire, im smart so maybe psychic, and i again dont feel cold so maybe Ice

Ability; Blaze because when my pride is hurt, I retaliate very strongly

Nature; I would say bold or adamant. Bold the most

Stats; Im smart so i would say high sp attack, i can take decent phisical hits, medium Defence, can take many mental hits, so high sp defence, medium hp, medium speed,and low attack.

Batle Role; I would be a special sweeper.

Moves; I would have flamethrower, heat wave blast burn, and ice beam

I would most likely be a {alakazam}

Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

design basis: a long serpantine dragon like creature with arms and wings but no legs

body style: dragon as mentioned because i think they are the coolest

habitat: cave, i tend to be solitary when i'm not with my close friends

coloration: red eyes for creepiness, sick green-gray scales because it's a mutant , and a red underside

type: dragon type for sure, i tend to be curious person and someone who is high and proud of who i am( even if i'm only 4ft 11 1/2in tall :| )
i also have a twisted mind that brews up grisly thoughts with out my even meaning to, so i would be a dual-type poison and dragon type

ability: intimidate, hey wouldn't you be scared if a 60 foot long monster was coming right you

nature: Serious, i tend to take myself seriously and i absolutely will not even watch someone do something silly or say something crude

stats: i tend to be assertive so my attack is very high. I am defensive in both physical and verbal attacks, so both defense stats are higher than average. my speed is average and my special attack is probably the lowest stat

role: probably a physical sweeper/ tank

attacks: poison jab, dragon rush, iron tail, fly

want to trade?

0646 1156 7995 FC

Last edited by drakonezduskmoon on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Design Basis: Mammal or bird, definitely.

Body Style: One of the following: Type 8, 9

Habitat: I love low temperatures, but I also love the sun. I also love snow. I like open skies too. So I would say Mountain, Urban or Water's Edge.

Color: My favorite color is yellow, but I also like black. If I had to choose I'd say a dark yellow.

Type: Dark/Electric. Colors for one thing. Dark because I'm very emotional and moody, but other times very mischieful. Electric because when I'm hyper I become VERY hyper, also I seem to have an unnaturally high attraction for static electricity. (really!)

Ability: Adaptability because I'm very adaptable. :) Technician because i'm very resourceful. Maybe Insomnia since it takes FOREVER for me to fall asleep.

Nature: Hasty, Lax, Lonely, Naive, Quiet, Rash, Timid

Stats: Low speed, above average attack and special attack, and high defenses. a Little lower than average HP.

Battle Role: Could be a Tank, but that doesn't fit my personality... Not really a Sweeper (low speed) Annoyer fits my personality :) Special Sponge also works. Sub-Reverser is good too.

Attacks: Spark, Payback, Substitute, Psych Up

That was fun!

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Design Basis: Humanoid style for sure.

Body Style: Type 12

Habitat: Waters Edge, since it'd be a electric/grass combo
Color: I think yellow or green.

Type: An Electric/Grass combo, Because those are my favorite types.

Ability: Insomnia, or maybe Static.

Nature: Lonely, Quiet, Timid, Bold, & Quirky.

Stats: Speed, Special Attack, and HP would be high, but Spec. Defense and Defense would be average.

Battle Role: I guess Special Sweep. =|

Attacks: All the attacks it could learn by leveling up wold be: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Spark, Thunder Wave, Razor Leaf, Attract, Hyper Beam, Leech Seed, Vine Whip, Thunder Punch, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Tail Whip, Growl, Take Down, Body Slam, Tackle, Shock Wave, & Agility.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]