It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Do Tradebacks affect abilities? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My Pokemon Stadium book says if you get a traded pokemon, its abilities will not go as high as they can. Does that still apply if you trade it to someone and they trade it back to you?

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm not exactly sure what that means...
All I know is that the pokémons happines is reset when it's traded.

Maybe it's a Stadium specific thing?

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:47 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Can you quote back exactly what it says, or if you don't want to type it, tell me what page it's on? You might've read it wrong; if not, it's not true.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:10 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Krisp wrote:
Can you quote back exactly what it says, or if you don't want to type it, tell me what page it's on? You might've read it wrong; if not, it's not true.

It says, and I quote:
Traded Pokemon: Beware the Easy Path
Pokemon you've received by trading with a friend are easier to train since they receive more experience points, but their abilities will not rise as high as Pokemon you catch on your own. Since traded Pokemon recieve more experience points, their levels rise more quicklym but you can't expect their abilities to rise after only a few battles. However, Pokemon such as Jynx that can only be obtained by trading with a different version are not affected by this.

By the way, this was from the Pokemon Stadium 1 instruction manual, on page 40 under the heading, "Traded Pokemon: Beware the Easy Path."

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:55 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's a lie. Pokemon traded to you will grow like Pokemon you caught yourself - it'll gain stat EXP, have the same random DVs that the original trainer caught it as, and will perform the same.

I can't believe the manual says that...

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It could mean maybe that since their levels grow quicker, they fight less. Less fighting means less EVs. Less EVs means the stats (or "Abilities") don't grow as quicker.

Just a thought.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Okay, thanks, Krisp, although I don't think a liscensed nintendo product would lie to me. It could be a misprint. As for Endeavor, there weren't any EVs in red, blue, and yellow. Maybe there are, and I just didn't pay enough attention. Thanks, though, to both of you.

Brick Wall Concerto

Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Quote:
As for Endeavor, there weren't any EVs in red, blue, and yellow

If you meant me, I'm SH07. :X

and I'm pretty sure there was EVs. and there was no limit, so you could have 255 in each stat, unless that was G/S/C.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:23 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh, heh heh... :oops: sorry about that, read somebody else's name.

Brick Wall Concerto

Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It's Endeavour. I'm really picky on how people say my name. :/

And I also believe that they do lie to you, to cover up things like IVs or EVs.

EDIT: Maybe in Stadium 1, the stats don't raise as high if it's a traded pokemon?

Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah... sorry about misspelling your name. And you can't raise a pokemon's level in stadium, only in the actual game.

Brick Wall Concerto

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]