It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 6 Man team on PD 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, I've beaten the game and have seen many great 3 Poke teams but what about 6 Poke teams. I was working on one and kept running into things like having to force dragonite to learn fly- TOTAL BUMMER haha I mean geez yes it's stupid but I HATE having to go get staraptor to fly anywhere. So all of my pokemon have a variety of moves, and I personally don't have any resources to use from emerald of FireRed because I am in the middle of trying to beat them but it's hard when you have Diamond just sitting there. Anyways i'm going to post another team i've made and this is my good one, I replaced my staraptor with dragonite because lets face it star ain't got nothin on dat HAHA.

Infernape - Close Combat, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Blast Burn
Torterra - Crunch, Earthquake, Giga Drain, Energy Ball
Gengar - Hypnosis, Curse, Shadow Ball, Dream Eater
Raichu - Thunderbolt, Toxic, Dig, Thunder
Golduck - Surf, Ice Beam, Pyschic, Hydro Pump
Dragonite - Thunderbolt, Fly, Fire Blast, Ice Beam

Now you can plainly see this isn't a stat affector team at all but a huge beatdown team. My 3 poke team is all about the stats but I use them just for that, I realized that this game has a lot more to offer than beatdown now but of course I didn't realize that until I had invested a good 50 hours into the game, but what it all comes down to is that this seems to be a decent team to me, I can beat the E4 without using an item no problem but I am totally open to ideas and suggestions on this. All of the pokemon are low 80's in level so it's to late for EV adjustments and I had NO IDEA when I started this game that attitude and stuff affected how they grew so they aren't prefect but I did my best.

Mon May 28, 2007 9:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Rule number one of training pokemon: No pokemon should ever have more than one move of the same type.

Though I don't know what you coudl give them in their place, I highly suggest you remove-

Blast burn from infernape and replace flamethrower with flare blitz, turning infernape into a physical sweeper

Thunder and toxic from Raichu (toxic belongs on tanks not defensive lightweights)

energy ball or giga drain from torterra

Hydro pump from golduck

and fly from dragonite(it just sucks, give him dragon pulse or outrage instead)

Gengars moveset is actually intriguing, it might be possible, remember that hypnosis' accuracy is only 70%, so if your heart's set on this moveset, make sure you give him the Wide Lens to hold as it increases accuracy by 10%.

Type-wise a well-rounded team, but since i don't know their EVs, natures they have or what items your giving them, it is rather difficult to give a better analysis.

Tue May 29, 2007 5:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

With Infernape, Blast Burn is great if you successfully KO your opponent, and Flamethrower is great as backup, but here's how you can make Infernape even more powerful: Replace Flamethrower with Swords Dance and Blast Burn with Flare Blitz. Unfortunately, the recoil from Flare Blitz cuts down potential sweeping ability considerably. Actually, keep Blast Burn and use Earthquake and Close Combat to sweep your enemies into next week.

With Torterra, sorry to say this, but Infernape can do most things better, and in general, while he does look cool, he isn't all that powerful. I highly recommend using another pokemon.

Gengar is pretty good already. However, Curse leaves you vulnerable after use, and takes up to four turns to fully reap it's benefits. If you are going to use the Wide Lens to improve the accuracy of Hypnosis, might as well take advantage of that excellent Special Attack and Speed and give him Thunder.

Raichu - Give Gengar Thunder or Thunderbolt, and Raichu is obsolete.

Golduck can be replaced by Empoleon, who's half Steel type can create a choke point for many opponents, stalling their attacks while you recover weakened or fainted pokemon. Or give him two physical attacks, have him pick up Swords Dance naturally, and use his wide array of resistances to wipe out an entire team.

Dragonite works so much better when he's using physical attacks. And luckily, the fourth generation makes him more powerful then ever. Give him a confusion countermeasure (Berry, Safeguard), and have him Outrage. Teach him Dragon Dance to further his advantage, grab Aqua Tail for a good physical water attack, and Fly if you combine his durability with leftovers, Fire Blast or Flamethrower to counter ice types, or Safeguard if you want to use something else besides a berry to counter Outrage.

Tue May 29, 2007 8:05 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lose Blast Burn, the only pokemon that can make use of any hyper beam variant is slaking, and in competitive play the last you need is a wasted turn. Replace Blast Burn with swords dance and flame thrower with fire blitz but that has been said already.

Torterra seems to be a bit useless and is there as a spot filler

Gengar is good I would keep that set

For Golduck, get rid of hydro pump and give it calm mind. Surf is more accurate, and has more PP then Hydro Pump and the cost of a little power.

Raichu is some what useless what with dragonite having thunderbolt and I personally prefer Magneton/Magnezone as my electric type.

For Dragonite, lose fly, if you dont like having to get something else out of the box to fly you everywhere, put your strongest in the box, keep a flyer with you. replace fire blast with either flame thrower or dragon dance and and fly with outrage or dragon pulse and your in better shape

Tue May 29, 2007 1:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wait a minute.... Is this for a pokemon adventure or competitions? If it's for adventure, Blast Burn is useful if you also have another pokemon with a fire move (Blast Burn for heavy hitting, Flamethrower for more reliable damage), and in competations, Flare Blitz.

Tue May 29, 2007 2:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well i've seen and loved all the reposts so far, i'm having a hard time seeing why torterra should be considered throw away. Though his speed is considerably low he is my "tank", normaly anything that can kill gengar is a dark, ghost, or psychic and torterras crunch has that covered, earthquake is a huge physical attack and giga drain is a good HP recover attack seeing as it still does considerable damage even if it's not effective. I do agree in seeing how raichu is weak, but how I use it is simple. Dig is a strong attack, using raichus speed to launch toxic and then digging normally tends to do pretty well. Although I think empoleon is good I chose golduck for 2 reasons. He has pyshic attacks without being the type, and hes NOT STEEL. As impressive as steel is water is weak to grass as well as steel. Steel is weak to fighting and with it fire moves no longer become non effective to jus normal power and fire moves are too strong for that making it not as strong as some may think. I have had them both believe me i know. Also some think having duplicated moves is bad. If you get KO'd and you need it its gooood, while dragonite is strong with physical attacks he is still no push over with those attacks.

In the long run I can see losing the raichu all together do to the fact he is weak. normally speed and attack make up for that but not really with him. Torterra is good, hes like what was previously mentioned with empoleon being the pokemon to take the hits. I don't prefer flare blitz at all though it is fast my infernape is nearly as fast as gengar making it useless. I do believe Blast burn is horrible in competitive play but this is adventure as mentioned earlier this is not my three man team. As far as golduck losing hydro pump for focus mind id rather replace it with something else. Gengar does have a wide lense making it very formidable and a part of my three man team.

Also losing fire blast on dragonite for outrage is a good idea with that berry but affective only once. I still might do it because i have noticed fire blast isnt good. Fly isnt all that bad. With most pokemon being normal having that move, swithching to a ghost type voids is but with dragonites speed and attack sending out a ghost is suicide having their horrible defense all except garatina.

Sefrin is also right saying no pokemon should have more than one move of the same type, but with these move it kinda doesn't apply as heavily, its not like i have chargebeam and thundershock on there haha.

As for there ev and natures I could post them but i was pretty much ignorant to them until i was done with thsi team, my three man competitive team is not I have actually raised them quite well and bred one of them (gasp in the audience)!!!!

But if someone could argue this please do i am here to learn!!!

Thank you all CLaSsicK

Wed May 30, 2007 12:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]