It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Rotom's New Forms from the Platinum Leaflet 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Silhouettes
Check out this article on Bulbapedia! Any speculation on what these silhouettes might be? They look like robots to me!

*Edit* I don't know why but you're going to have to copy and paste the link--it didn't make the whole thing the link...

Link fixed. For future reference, use the URL tags

-EP

Link fixed again >.>;;

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Those things look more like robots than pokemon to me...

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I really hope they're not pokemon because they look pretty stupid based on the silhouete. And I doubt that they would just make a few random pokemon for no reason.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The fourth generation is already disliked for some of its pokemon and if those are actual pokes then this generation will fail in the pokemon department even though this generation is my 2nd favourite.

Looking at them again one of the silhouettes could be the regigigas sky form that I've been hearing about on the web.

Last edited by just_chillin on Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I personally think it's more likely that those are some kind of robots that have something to do with Platinum's plot. I doubt they would add new Pokémon--it doesn't make sense, especially when one considers the numerical order of the Pokédex.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

an idea.....

well, you know how uxie, mesprit, and azelf were enslaved by team galactic in d/p. maybe they go even further here, and hook them up in some kind of weird machines and make them help destroy the world or something?

still that doesnt explain why there are 5 silhouettes....

maybe they're not pokemon though?

the yellow one (top right) looks like some kind of globe - it might be something from inside the global trade station? the other things might be other pieces of machinery. who knows....

it looks pretty weird though if you ask me....

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

All Platinum discussion goes here.

Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:55 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I'm unlocking this topic and moving it to Pokemon Center because we have absolutely no confirmation that these Pokemon and/or forms are going to be in Platinum yet. In fact, because these silhouettes will be revealed after Platinum's release date, that even seems unlikely at this point.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:39 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It seems pokebeach had the same idea: http://www.pokebeach.com/news/0808/pokemon-silhouettes-new-5th-generation-or-platinum-pokemon-forms-or-fakemon

Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:19 pm
Just your average 10 year old

Those silhouettes of 'Pokemon' look suckish. What happened to the good ol' of Generation | and || when pokemon actually looked like what they were based on? Those better be fakes. {arceus} must have been drunk when he made those hideous things.

Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:47 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I love how people are replying and calling them ugly, even when they can't see the actual picture. Its almost like people assume a Pokemon is lame based on its generation and/or appearance. I think to have an opinion on these new Pokemon, even if they're just new forms, you'll have to wait until more info is revealed. Personally I'm hoping for a new DS game in the main series. Mostly a Johto remake; even though it's unlikely, I can still hope.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:13 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

In reference to the yellow silhouette, I think it might be a new transformation by Castform, for Sandstorm, maybe? There aren't any other weather conditions. The blue, red and violet silhoettes are probably a trio of some sort, since they all have that single horn on their "head". The green one might be an alternative form of Rotom.

Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:39 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Who knows there is a battle frontier in Platinum>?

I've seen these all over and I think they are prizes for defeating the frontier brains just my opinioin though

Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:58 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm surprised no-one has yet commented on the possibility of alternate formes of Rotom... look at the little bump on the blue, red and purple silhouettes... plus, they all seem to have the little "arms" that Rotom has (as lightning bolts). If it were, then I'd assume its electric type would change with forme? Caused by holding an item (like the Arceus plates)? Leveling up in a specific area (like Burmy and Wormadam)?

Castform can already transform, so I'm a bit doubtful on whether it is involved here, but who know? :)

Edit: Just realised Wai mentioned one of them might be a forme of Rotom :p

Edit again: A second looks makes me think the top two are Castform transformations. Orange for Sandstorm (as Wai said) and the green one for underground or in a building? It looks like it's grown an aerial (if, indeed, it is Castform) so maybe needs better reception to try and pick up the weather?

Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

They could also be forms of Rotom. That's just what they reminded me of.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think one is defenitley Rotom too. The shape has those bolt things on the side.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:24 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It might be possible that the makers' aim is to reach 500 pokemon before generation 5, perhaps? It does seem like a better-rounded number than 493...

My avatar is sucky. I'll get round to doing something about that.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:40 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

They already have the programming spaces filled for five-hundred Pokemon in Platinum. The 493 in the National Dex, Attack Deoxys, Defense Deoxys, Speed Deoxys, Steel Wormadam, Ground Wormadam, Origin Giratina and Sky Shaymin. That makes five-hundred.

I think it's extremely unlikely that these new forms will be in Platinum. They're going to be revealed over a two-month period AFTER Platinum's release date. If they were in Platinum, we wouldn't need to wait for the forms to be revealed because we'd be able to get them on the day Platinum comes out, whether officially in the game or by looking at the game's data.

Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: somewhere in time. following your life. plotting to control you.
there needs to be a fog form for castform also. maybe one of the sillouettes is it

Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

:twisted: Kill them! they is stupid! escept for the roundish one. I bet it's a cast-form

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Why does everybody hate them? At the moment they are just shapes :/
I think the bottom 3 are alternate Rotoms, top right sandstorm Castform and the top left looks like a badge.
Personally I hope they are new pokemon, I'm bored of all these alternate forms being thrown up.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:29 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

the one in the top left could be castform lightning. then castform sandstorm, then Rotom becomes Sinnoh's Castform - just like castform, Rotom has different forms

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:46 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

WAIT A MINUTE! all silhouettes are in a specific region of the map. I dont have D/P, but what are the traits of where they are on the backgroun/map??????

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hm, they do make me think of alternate forms of Rotom, because they seem to follow the same pattern concerning their shape. But I don't think they'd introduce the new generation with alternate forms instead of original Pokémon; unless, of course, it's just something exclusive to the upcoming games, like Giratina's and Shaymin's forms (even though I have to admit five of them is kinda too much for alternate forms).

Hasn't anyone considered the fact that these silhouettes might be something else, and not true Pokémon? Like, little androids or some new, weird devices? Unlikely, yes, but who knows?

Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So far this is what I hypothesis

1. Those are pokemon in the torn world

2. They are likely inorganic pokemon .

3. They are alternate forums for sinnoh region pokemon. (otherwise D/P would'nt be able to link battle platinum. It'll be a similar effect like shaymin looking land forume in D/P while it's a sky fourme in platinum.

That one on the bottom right I'm betting is an abstract-style {bronzong}.

{rotom} {spiritomb} and {gengar} also have my money.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:12 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next