It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Several questions regarding items, abilities, attacks, etc. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I apologize if this thread/these questions are in the wrong place. I merely chose the section of the forum I thought most fitting for them. I also apologize if these questions are obvious and/or stupid.

The hold items that enhance the power of a certain attack-type (I.E., Charcoal, Silk Scarf, Hard Stone) raise it by ten percent, right? Using psypoke's damage calculator that's the conclusion I've arrived at. Tell me if I'm wrong.

When using the attack 'Belly Drum' it says my pokemon's attack has been maxed out. From my understanding, that would mean it's attack was taken and multiplied by four (I.E., if the pokemon's attack is 100, then once it uses Belly Drum it's attack would be 400.) However, no statistic is capable of exceeding 999, so a pokemon that has an attack of 300 and uses Belly Drum would have an attack of 999 (For the remainder of the battle or until an opponent's move or a move from itself changes it). Is all of that correct?

If a pokemon has the ability 'Insomnia', when it uses the move 'Rest' will it regain all of it's hit points without falling asleep?

If a pokemon such as Slowking has the ability 'Own Tempo' and is holding one of the berries that heals hit points but may confuse, once this berry activates it will restore hit points without Slowking having to be confused? How many hit points does this berry restore and at what point does it activate?

The hold item 'Metal Powder' enhances only Ditto's defense, correct?

By how much do the hold item's 'Bright Powder' and 'Lax Incense' lower the opponent's accuracy?

How often does the hold item 'King's Rock' make the opponent flinch?

How often does the hold item 'Quick Claw' allow the holder to strike first when it's speed is lower than the opponent's?

By how much does the hold item 'Scope Lens' raise the chance of a critical hit?

Does the attack 'Tri-Attack' deal damage as a normal attack, or all three types; fire, electric and ice?

Why does this website's damage calculator say 'This attack causes no damage?' every time I try to find out how much damage a pokemon would inflict using the attack 'Low Kick'? And is there are chart or something that shows how much damage a pokemon does per every one hundred pounds when using 'Low Kick'?

Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

answered the ones I know...

Danzo wrote:
The hold items that enhance the power of a certain attack-type (I.E., Charcoal, Silk Scarf, Hard Stone) raise it by ten percent, right? Using psypoke's damage calculator that's the conclusion I've arrived at. Tell me if I'm wrong.
correct, so they're pretty much useless; there are better items

When using the attack 'Belly Drum' it says my pokemon's attack has been maxed out. From my understanding, that would mean it's attack was taken and multiplied by four (I.E., if the pokemon's attack is 100, then once it uses Belly Drum it's attack would be 400.) However, no statistic is capable of exceeding 999, so a pokemon that has an attack of 300 and uses Belly Drum would have an attack of 999 (For the remainder of the battle or until an opponent's move or a move from itself changes it). Is all of that correct?
not sure about 999 part, but stat remains until pokemon switches or battle ends

If a pokemon has the ability 'Insomnia', when it uses the move 'Rest' will it regain all of it's hit points without falling asleep?
I think rest fails

If a pokemon such as Slowking has the ability 'Own Tempo' and is holding one of the berries that heals hit points but may confuse, once this berry activates it will restore hit points without Slowking having to be confused? How many hit points does this berry restore and at what point does it activate? it will not confuse; (confusion also depends on nature) adds 1/8 HP when HP falls below 1/2

The hold item 'Metal Powder' enhances only Ditto's defense, correct?
yes

Does the attack 'Tri-Attack' deal damage as a normal attack, or all three types; fire, electric and ice?
normal, but chance of paralyze, burn or freeze
[/b]

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thank you for answering what you could. :)

Those berries restoring only one eighth of the holder's hit points... that's horrible. Now a strategy that I was thinking up can't be done.

EDIT: There's another question I'd like to ask. I put it below.

In this websites attacks list, there are moves that say 'Special' and moves that say 'Physical'. Am I right when I say that the ones that say 'Special' do damage depending on your special attack and the ones that say 'Physical' do damage depending on your attack?

Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If not, the stat it is based on is dependant on the type of move.
For example, these move types depend on Special Attack:
Fire
Grass
Water
Electric
Dragon
Dark
Psychic
Ice

Whereas these depend on Attack:
Ghost
Normal
Rock
Ground
Steel
Poison
Bug
Fighting
Flying

Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:27 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ah, I see. Thanks for telling me. I was quite troubled when I first read that.

Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey, I have a question too, though this one regards allotting EVs. Why do most standard movesets recommend 6 EVs going towards HP, with 252 given to two other stats? Is that to just give that Pokemon an extra edge?

As for that Insomnia question, just Skill Swap the ability away and Rest easy. :D

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:35 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Hey, I have a question too, though this one regards allotting EVs. Why do most standard movesets recommend 6 EVs going towards HP, with 252 given to two other stats? Is that to just give that Pokemon an extra edge?

Because the maximum number of EVs you can have in any one stat is 255, but since the stat increase is the number of EVs divided by four (and rounded down), 252 is the lowest number of EVs you can give to get the maximum stat increase. Not using up those three EVs for two different stats (since you can have a maximum of 510 total) gives you 6 unused EVs, 4 of which you can then put in another stat (for a slight increase), and the last two of which you can do whatever you want with.

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]