It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 I'm trying to make a website...Will you help? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Can makers of a website give tips on making one, like a website you use to make it, ect.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would completely recommend Complete-Free-Host. They are perfect for newbie webmasters, and offer spectactular services for websites just starting out.

They offer 1 subdomain, and a domain. your url would end with "c-f-h.com".

They also offer lots of bandwidth, and 50 MB of space. I have four forums installed, and some good content and I still have roughly 9 MB of space left, which I believe is all I should need. 8)

The support is great, and friendly. Also very patient, so you can get your website fully operational usually within a week.

The only downfall is the weekly-activation. If you sign up, you must wait a week. But that is because the admins manually activate your account, which actually has its ups.

I was recently promoted to support staff there, so if you are thinking of using these folks, you'll have a friendly face to greet you! :)

Another thing to think about is a forum. I would recommend setting one up, for community interaction brings more hits. Personally, I would use phpbb the forum software here, and many other places. You can find extensive information regarding phpBB at: phpBB.com and phpbbhacks.com.

As for building your website, use google. I use Microsoft word to start out, and when I have free time make those pages "spicy" with Frontpage.

When you do decide to build a website, and include a forum, stop by at CommunityAdmins.com for the absolute best help you an get regarding phpBB.

Good luck, and I hope your website turns out well. :)

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm starting one with FrontPage, do you know any special tricks with it?

Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Funny, Mrs. Rogowsky asked me the same thing on Friday...

I'd love to help but I only have Trellix...though, if I ever do get FrontPage, I'll see if I can help.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frontpage? Tricks? Frontpage is pretty straightforward, however you can check out Javascript and some more advanced HTML to go with Frontpage. :)

Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:26 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey, I use frontpage too! :D

Frontpage is easy compared with other ones.
But it doesn't have so much settings as dreamweaver, such as "changing the scroller's colour", "adding flash", "fix background no repeat"...
For these effects, you have to insert the codes into the html itself.

But you can go to dynamicdrive.com for codes, and they usually tell you where to put them as well! :D

Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Also for Free Web Hosting try http://www.blogspot.com

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well http://www.bravenet.com lets you upload frontpage pages. I LOVE bravenet lol I use it for my website.
BUT when ever I upload a page from frontpage onto my bravenet site the pics dont come up so you ahve to use the html codes for the site and creat a page on bravenet by puttin in the html. Or simply copy your frontpage html and paste on a new bravenet page.

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Saanaito wrote:

Hey, I use frontpage too! :D

Frontpage is easy compared with other ones.
But it doesn't have so much settings as dreamweaver, such as "changing the scroller's colour", "adding flash", "fix background no repeat"...
For these effects, you have to insert the codes into the html itself.

But you can go to dynamicdrive.com for codes, and they usually tell you where to put them as well! :D

If only Dreamweaver wasn't so expensive. :? But some websites have said that only experienced webmasters should toy with Dreamweaver, so I would still say Frontpage.

You're best bet is ebay, for Frontpage at Walmart or other stores with it don't sell it cheap either. Myabe 60 to 100 USD. :)

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]