It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Trading Card Games 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Finding opponents for Magic is quite easy. Just go to your nearest hobby shop, if it is in reasonable distance from you. There you can find out about numerous nerd areas for games like Magic and YGO. Though this is just a generalization and might not be true for every area.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Nah, it didn't that easy to do that in my country. It's rare, absolutely rare. I wish i could go there and play, i really did. Sometimes i want to duel but there's no opponent in here, so i left most of my Yu-Gi-Oh cards on my previous home.

I wish there's someone in my neighborhood that plays Yu-Gi-Oh. I still remembered when i used my Ace deck to annoy my opponent A LOT.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
shinashu taji wrote:
Finding opponents for Magic is quite easy. Just go to your nearest hobby shop, if it is in reasonable distance from you. There you can find out about numerous nerd areas for games like Magic and YGO. Though this is just a generalization and might not be true for every area.

Sadly I live in Cleveland(& I might not even have the city's name spelled right)...nothing really ever happens here you know, for real anyway...

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Nah, it didn't that easy to do that in my country. It's rare, absolutely rare. I wish i could go there and play, i really did. Sometimes i want to duel but there's no opponent in here, so i left most of my Yu-Gi-Oh cards on my previous home.

I wish there's someone in my neighborhood that plays Yu-Gi-Oh. I still remembered when i used my Ace deck to annoy my opponent A LOT.

You left your cards in your old home...& annoying people is actually fun when playing Yu-Gi-Oh...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Actually, i only left cards that are not the part of my deck, and the house was my parent's house, so i don't need to worry about it. And about annoying, it's my deck that annoys people A LOT, not the people. If i used my Ace Deck, i could probably win in both short time and a VERY LONG time (e.g. Until both player has deck out, but i probably win if that happens).

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Actually, i only left cards that are not the part of my deck, and the house was my parent's house, so i don't need to worry about it. And about annoying, it's my deck that annoys people A LOT, not the people.

Oh...I see now & I know that, I meant annoy them with my deck, not me myself as I don't really talk much at all irl...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I didn't talk much either, and i probably won't. But say, what deck recipe do you use? I wondered.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
I didn't talk much either, and i probably won't. But say, what deck recipe do you use? I wondered.

This is probably a stupid question but considering it's Yu-Gi-Oh, what do you mean by recipe?...

I do always aim to have as close to 20 Monster Cards, 10 Spell Cards & 10 Trap Cards as I can which I usually break due to certain cards needing certain other cards to work well...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, it's like the structure of your deck, like this example:

Monster Cards: 20 cards
1x Exodia The Forbidden One
1x Left Arm Of The Forbidden One
1x Left Leg Of The Forbidden One
1x Right Arm Of The Forbidden One
1x Right Leg Of The Forbidden One
1x Horus The Black Flame Dragon LV8
1x Horus The Black Flame Dragon LV6
3x Cyber Valley
3x Spirit Reaper
1x Sangan
1x Witch Of The Black Forest
1x Marshmallon
1x Swarm Of Scarabs
1x Des Koala
1x Destiny Hero Disk Commander
1x Mad Reloader

Spell Cards: 13 cards
1x Graceful Charity
1x Level Limit Area B
1x Monster Reborn
1x Pot Of Greed
1x Raigeki
1x Snatch Steal
1x Swords Of Revealing Light
2x Pot Of Avarice
2x Books Of The Dark World
1x Magical Mallet
1x Hand Destruction

Trap Cards: 7 cards
1x Mirror Force
2x Dust Tornado
1x Gravity Bind
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Crush Card Virus

Total Cards: 40 cards

It's my Ace Deck, just for example, and now you should know why people gets annoyed when i used this deck.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

the only problem i see with your deck is you're using Monster Reborn and Mirror Force, both of which are always banned from tournaments. just sayin'.

i used to play yugioh quite actively, but then i hit high school, and my bro stopped playing, so i quit as well. i should probably rebuild my deck...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:43 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I see a combination of Kaiba's Crush Card Virus on top of the fact that you have Exodia, all 5 parts as well...that alone equals hell & from your deck I see that you work on preventing your opponent from playing pretty much any monster which means you would own me in a duel any day using that deck while you your self can pretty much almost always have the monster you want, when you want...

Though as Rex said & to further speak on it, about a third of your deck is tournament illegal period but I really don't care...

Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, i already know that. That's why i said that i couldn't use it on a tournament.

But i don't really care about it, i won't use this deck unless there's other people who wants to duel me seriously, like ante or whatsoever, and didn't use the rules. If they want to duel me normally, i'll use my WATER Attribute Deck. But anyway, using the format, what's your deck recipe?

Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:02 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I don't actually remember what my custom decks looked like but I mostly used Fury of the Deep with Creeping Doom Manta replaced by Neo Aqua Madoor & also used most other structure & starter decks as is...I did like to use Chain Dragon & the Warrior Synchro Monsters(Junk Warrior, Road Warrior, etc.) as well...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, i don't really have any new cards, so i only have a little amount of Synchro monster. So far, only three of my deck has a Synchro monster inside it. So i didn't really rely on Synchro.Well, all the Synchro monster that i have are common, like Reptillianne Lamia, Blackwing Armed Wing, Blackwing Silverwind The Ascendant, Ally Of Justice Light Gazer, and X-Saber Urbellum.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Firstly, types dont beat types in YGO, Krisp. :p It's like that in the really old games that had cards that arent even real.

And rex, Monster Reborn is unbanned now, believe it or not. I dont really get why though, especially since Premature Burial got banned.

I have a burn deck atm, since all my cards are a bit too old to use in tournaments. I made a Crystal Beast deck...it was good, but not good enough. With Ojama Trio and Magic Cylinder not being limited to one anymore, burn is great.

I hate that 15 card limit, it ruins E-Heros. It should be a limit of 15 Synchros and however many fusions you want/need.

Finally, shinasu, I am jealous of your Shonen Jump cards. :o they're so expensive to buy online.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When i remembered, the "Type beats Type" happens on Yu-Gi-Oh Sacred Cards, right?

And i guess Premature Burial was banned because that it will not be send to the graveyard after activation. You can return in to your hand with Giant Trunade or other returning cards, and activate it again to Summon another monster, and repeat the whole process.

And if Monster Reborn did get unbanned, it maybe because that it will be sent directly to the graveyard after activation.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:21 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Patchy wrote:
Monster Reborn is unbanned now, believe it or not. I dont really get why though, especially since Premature Burial got banned.

that is retarded though...but I'm glad that Monster Reborn is unbanned now, very...

Patchy wrote:
I hate that 15 card limit, it ruins E-Heros. It should be a limit of 15 Synchros and however many fusions you want/need.

That does really, really suck & because of that reason the most imo as well, that should be the way it is though I would further limit the Synchro Monsters to 10 rather then 15...

Patchy wrote:
I am jealous of your Shonen Jump cards. :o they're so expensive to buy online.

I actually have a decent number of Shonen Jump cards too...just that after I would have missed my April Issue when resubscribing as late as I would have, I decided to just say forget it as I wanted that particular issue of every year the most...they are outrageously expensive, I will say that...

Oh & I also used Obelisk the Tormentor (from the Shonen Jump Issue late last year) in my deck as well from time to time, DarkTrainer13...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh, Obelisk The Tormentor. If you use that probably only two of my decks could beat that. I didn't remember what's it's effect, but if i'm guessing, it didn't affected by Spell, Trap and Effect Monster, right?

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Yep & it gets to use too monsters as sacrifices of the field to destroy all monsters on the opponent's side of the field too, though it can't attack the turn it does this...their are ways to get damage to the opponent should that happen though...it's normal summon also cannot be negated pretty much so if I get the chance to summoned it which is really easy with a Synchro Monster oriented deck, mainly 1 with Road Warrior as a base, then it is really almost pretty much game over...& it is supposedly tournament legal from what the magazine said...I wonder if they ever made 1 of the other 2 a effect monster version though?...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Indeed it is legal. But the sacrifices that you have to do wasn't easy. I'll be screwed up if i fight a monster like that with my ace deck. I have to use my Blackwing deck or Machine-type deck. I started to consider inserting an Earthbound Immortal into my deck, probably for the effect.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
Indeed it is legal. But the sacrifices that you have to do wasn't easy. I'll be screwed up if i fight a monster like that with my ace deck. I have to use my Blackwing deck or Machine-type deck. I started to consider inserting an Earthbound Immortal into my deck, probably for the effect.

Those are some good monster but are destroyed very easily imo...still good monsters to think about using though but if you use them, it better be a deck where you have a Field Spell that you use often, most likely more then 1 of them & Field Barrier is a must or else you know...& yes it was kind of easy to summon him when there are cards in my deck like Quillbolt Hedgehog, Junk Synchron, Marauding Captain, then there is Road Warrior himself plus some Spell & Trap cards I have that all but well did their job getting at least 3 monster on the field though I will say that Obelisk's effect takes journeys through hell getting it to work & I have never actually pulled it off once...I actually fear your Machine Deck as it might have a very dangerous & powerful answer to Obelisk & quite literally at that...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When i'm guessing, it could be destroyed by battle, right? Then my answer is one "Chimeratech Overdragon" and "Cyber End Dragon". But it probably pretty hard to summon too. Man, i really hope that i have a "DNA Surgery and turn all monster into machine, and Obelisk will be fused into "Chimeratech Overdragon" with "Super Fusion". Well, it was easier to do it with my Blackwing deck, with Sirocco The Dawn and Kalut The Moon Shadow.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

DarkTrainer13 wrote:
When i'm guessing, it could be destroyed by battle, right? Then my answer is one "Chimeratech Overdragon" and "Cyber End Dragon". But it probably pretty hard to summon too. Man, i really hope that i have a "DNA Surgery and turn all monster into machine, and Obelisk will be fused into "Chimeratech Overdragon" with "Super Fusion". Well, it was easier to do it with my Blackwing deck, with Sirocco The Dawn and Kalut The Moon Shadow.

Well honestly, Obelisk has some dead obvious weaknesses to it;

1. Can't increase it's ATK/DEF as it is unable to be targeted by the effects of Spell, Trap & Effect Monster Cards(including Fusion, Ritual & Synchro Monsters)...which means that a monster with more then 4000 ATK will without question destroy Obelisk & this is easy with a Cyber Dragon deck as those monster have outrageously awesome ways to increase their own ATK or so I heard from the Yugioh GX series...

2. It cannot be Summoned besides Normal Summoned so if you prevent me from doing such a thing by blocking my monster zones until I can't put 3 monsters on the field then that works too or just simply get rid of it while in my hand or activate your Crush Card Virus which is pretty much game at that point if I don't summon it first which is highly likely...

3. Finally, I will most likely have weak monsters on my side of the field that I use to summon it as they are way easier to summon imo so just overpower me by getting first tribute or something & Obelisk is pretty much walled completely now though their is still Montage Dragon but not too much to worry about at this point is it? & even better, block my effect monsters effects from working & that will also do something bad to me as well...

There are other things but they are almost impossible to do compared to these 3...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

But still, it has a great effect. I have a deck that i made inside my PSP that revolves on 3 amount of "The Wicked Avatar", summoning it with "Fires of Doomsday" and "Double Coston". And also i inserted some "Dark Counterpart" like "Dark Armed Dragon".

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:14 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I have only play some GBA Yugioh game but I have made a "Deck Destruction" Deck as I would like to call it that has a bunch of cards that have effects that eat at the opponent's deck while still having some power in it but mainly I would stall my opponents with it until they couldn't draw anymore thus me winning by default pretty much...I loved that deck but I also made other decks like 1 focused on the Red Eyes Black Dragon itself with some of it's forms & whatever...

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, i'm playing one right now. I only use 4 decks, one is the Level Dragons, like Horus The Black Flame Dragon and Armed Dragon. Another one is the deck of Exodia, using the Searching Effect and Drawing Cards. The other was the deck that specialize on Survival Duel. And the last one was the VWXYZ deck.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next