It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 FADS 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

OK SO WHEN I WAS LITTLE THERE WERE A LOT OF FADS LIKE POGS/MILK CAPS, GIGAPETS, SKOOTERS, AND YU-GI-OH! BUT YU-GI-OH! WAS AWESOME WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL BUT I STILL PLAYED IT AND SO DID MY FRIENDS. IT'S A LOT OF FUN, BUT OTHER THAN THAT THE ONLY FAD I WAS INTO WAS POGS. WHAT **** DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN YOU WERE A KID THAT WAS COOL FOR A HOT MINUTE. ALSO, I JUST TAUGHT FIREFOX POGS, AND I'M DRUNK SO CRUISE CONTROL ETC.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Whenever someone says Fads it reminds me of the candy cos I use to have them all the time at school... if you don't know what I'm talking about then http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fads/43821136139

I was into stamp collecting for about a week because some stamp collector visited our school and brainwashed us all into thinking it was cool... umm yeah mad core i am 8-)

the biggest fad right now is that farmville game which is the dumbest thing ever. I hate it when my friends have their farmville conversations and i'm left out.. I even gave it ago to try to fit in but its just so boring... seriously... i'm not gonna sit on facebook for a whole 4 hours to wait for imaginary crops to grow... :mad:

Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Oh yeah, I remember pogs. I used to have a ton of them when I was really little. I never actually knew that there was a game that went with them, I just liked looking at the pictures. And I battled yu-gi-oh cards at school for a while, mostly in 5th and 6th grade.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I did the Yu-Gi-Oh! thing too, mostly (like Serpentsounds said) in fifth grade. I remember I really hyped up this battle between a classmate and I and I spent DAYS trying to come up with the best deck possible and think of strategies to beat him (I was in fifth grade, spending days on anything meant it was pretty important). I ended up losing, I think. Another big fad at my public school was having your birthday at Laser Quest. If you didn't have your birthday at LQ you were nobody. These two twins were having their party there and my Yu-Gi-Oh! rival and I hyped up the competition for WEEKS before. I ended up winning that one 8) I'm surprisingly good at laser tag.

My school also went through a gimp bracelet craze, an expage craze and, of course, Pokemon. There was a lot of drama over Pokemon cards at my school so I remember my principal banned them except for Wednesdays. We were only allowed to trade cards on Wednesdays. I remember one time I traded somebody something for an Ivysaur and wouldn't shut up about it all day.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:52 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Anyone remember GEL PENS?

Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:57 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

..you could have just called them tazos you know, then I would've known what you were all yabbering on about..

Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sneaky Sneasel wrote:
Anyone remember GEL PENS?

Holy crap I do! These things were like a currency when I was in school. I remember having a ton of them and having to get special notebook paper for them to show up when you wrote. I also remember the teachers throwing a fit and banning them from school. They still bring back memories though and I even still have a few of them on my desk.

Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahhh, gel pens. Those were the days. We would barter our Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh cards Etc. for them. Good times...

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:55 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

...I can't remember any fads. I'm younger than most of you and I've never been real concerned with fitting in.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Speaking of Fads, all the 90's kids remember those Slap Bracelets, Finger Traps, and Tamagachi? Cause I sure as hell do.

Also I still play decently in an ongoing Fad MTG, for those who go that extra nerd mile if they still play the Yu-Gi-Oh card game along with it.

Last edited by shinashu taji on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Trust me, I would still play Yu-Gi-Oh if I still had cards. But I did the right thing, and traded them for Pokemon cards. I also have a couple slap bracelets.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

shinashu taji wrote:
, and Tamagachi?

Tamagotchi.

Friendship bracelets and those dumb finger skateboards.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasterChef wrote:
shinashu taji wrote:
, and Tamagachi?

Tamagotchi.

Friendship bracelets and those dumb finger skateboards.

Me and my mates never really got into Tamagotchi, But we were all about the tech decks. Each of us had like five of them.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:40 pm
Just your average 10 year old

I can't remember any but all my middle schooler cousin knows about are those stupid Tech Decks. They can get you almost anything you want if you are willing to trade. And that Bakugan was popular a while agp. That took over the Tech Decks but the fingerboards are back.

Srsly. Man up and buy a REAL skateboard.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh yeah, we had real skateboards, But for some odd reason, The Tech Decks were just so fun. BTW, Bakugan is too new, and it was popular for about 2 weeks.

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:54 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

90's child 4 lyfe

Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I had pretty much everything that was in whilst i was a kid (Gel Pens -> Crazy Bones -> Pokemon Cards -> Scoobies -> Tamagotchi -> Scoobies again). Never got into those Beyblade things though, they were too expensive (£5 for a spinning top :/) Yu-Gi-Oh! never had an appeal to me, but meh, i was the little kid who hung around with girls, and was never into that sort of thing.

I loved Megaman on TV though. And Robot Wars. ..and powerpuff girls.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Inta Xonem wrote:

I loved Megaman on TV though.

Jeebus, I remember getting up at 4am on saturdays to watch that show. DBZ and VR troopers were on afterwards.

Not to long ago I watched some of the episodes on youtube... What the serebii were the writers smoking O_o Watch "Curse of the Lionmen" if you want to see what I mean.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GigaPets! I've been killing myself for months trying to come up with the name for those. My brother had one but my sister and I were stuck with Tamagotchis (what we thought, at the time, were the lame rip offs). I was really jealous that my brother had a dog while I just had this stupid blob so I remember hiding it in his drum set.

I'd go through a Tamagotchi every week or two for a good few months, at least. I then got the Gameboy Tamagotchi game though. :)

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh god, Tamagotchi's. I hate those things. Everyday when I was in grade 3-5, all I been hearing was "Oh look! They gotta new Tomagotchi!" "Hey, guess what. Me and Karen's Tomagotchi got married!" "OMG!" Really....... that was the biggest crap in Gr.3-5 for me.

I'm not sure if anyone posted this yet but, what about Battle B Daman? That was pretty popular.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I remember that my brother and sister would always play Battle B Daman together a few years ago. I got all of my Yugioh cards stolen back in the 6th grade and I stopped playing it but now I started playing again back in September.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]