It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Sleeping 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I only get around 6 hours of sleep per night and I hate having that. On a rare day off (when i decide to not show up to classes/work) I usually sleep for 14 hours, and even then i'm left exhausted. Most of the time I'll take a nap during bus trips, train rides, and afternoon classes to keep me going. I usually go to sleep at around 2am and I would like to sleep earlier but its not ideal seeing as I don't usually get home until 8-9 (10 if I'm working). I would've thought having midday-onwards classes this semester better but it's become just terrible. I just want to fall asleep and never wake up. (or, when I do, I feel refreshed or something)

Its not that I can't go to sleep, its just that there are too many important things to be completed.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

6 hours might be slightly insufficient, but 14 hours is kind of absurd =p

These few weeks I've been having an average of 6 hours of sleep per day too, and also because I've got loads to do, not because I can't sleep, so I can sort of feel for you there.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:17 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I work 3rd shift, so if I don't cut some sleep, I won't have any kind of life at all. My job is so exhausting I usually get 8-10 hours of sleep though, and it never feels like it's enough. My days off are never together anymore, which sucks, because then I don't get any sleep the next night I have to work.

I'd love to get a different job where I can get two days off in a row or even work days, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I usually get 8 hrs of spleep only because of school. On weekends, I get 7 hrs of sleep. But on Sunday's, I have to get up early to deliver the newspapers. I wake up to deliver the papers at 6:00 AM. Then. when I'm done, I go back to sleep and sleep 'till it's 10:00AM.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh Jesus. Sleep. I've had trouble falling asleep since seventh grade. It comes and goes, but last week it was back, thankfully, not nearly as bad as it used to be. I don't get enough sleep as it is and I'm not a deep sleeper which means I very rarely feel rested and even if I wake up after getting enough sleep, I wake up sore and groggy. It's terrible.

Between school and work and homework and my internet addiction it's hard to get the 9 hours I apparently need each night. During the week I try to go to bed around 11:30 or midnight and get up around 6:30 for school (I can make my bus if I get up as late as 7:15 but then my make up is rushed and I have to wear a ponytail... and I HATE wearing ponytails). And of course, the "going to bed at 11:30" means falling asleep sometimes as late as 1 in the morning. The average person takes 7 minutes to fall asleep.

My sleep's not nearly as bad as it used to be. When I first started having trouble I'd be up until 2 or 3 or even 4, every night. There were even a few nights -- school nights -- where I didn't sleep at all. Once you get til about 5AM, you know that if you do fall asleep, there's no way in hell you're getting up for school. The **** thing is that I've tried EVERYTHING -- over the counter medication, herbal ****, prescription medication, meditation... None of it really worked for me. Oh, and there's not a huge correlation between my mood and my ability to sleep, either. I mean, there is sometimes, when it's obvious. If I'm really anxious or upset I can't sleep, but there will be average days where I'm in an average mood and I just can't sleep.

This is also why I don't get to school enough.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I normally get from 6-8 hours of sleep on school nights, but sometimes I only get like 2 or 3 because I always think to much when I'm trying to sleep and it keeps me up. On weekends I normally get 9-10 hours depending on the day/if I have anything to do that weekend. The longest I've ever slept, no joke, is 18 hours. Just went to bed and didn't wake back up for a while. Felt so good.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lately I haven't been getting much sleep, because I just can't get to sleep. I usually fall asleep at around 1:00AM, and i have to get up at 8:30 AM, so usually 7-8 hours. This may sound good, but it really isnt.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Usually, I set myself a "bedtime" at 10:00 PM on weekdays. But I often stay up still midnight doing random stuff on my itouch and whatnot. I get up at 6:00 AM, so in theory I would be getting 8 hours, but it usually ends up being less than 7 hours. Weekends, I sleep anytime after 11:00 PM; I may not even sleep. I generally wake up at 10:00-11:00 AM. I thoroughly enjoy sleeping.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Generally I go to bed at around 10-11 PM, except when Sunday and Monday night football is on which I love watching, so I give up sleep to watch it (except when my brother decides to hog the TV). On weekends I try to get as much sleep as I can, but I'm not a big fan of sleeping until 2:00 PM.

I also HAVE to sleep with my hot water bottle.. if I don't I freeze because my parents like to save money on their heating bill.. >.< And a nice set of cozy pajamas.

Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
I work 3rd shift, so if I don't cut some sleep, I won't have any kind of life at all.

Sad thing is I still don't have a life :cry: :cry:

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It might sound really dumb, but keeping the pattern of not getting a lot of sleep, might make you feel a bit better than getting too much sleep all at once (on your day off)?
Brains tend to be very good at coping with the torture we put them through, but get knocked on their ass (a brain with an ass lol) when the predictable cycle of torture is broken. So, if you get me, you might feel a bit better in the short run if you try not to oversleep on your days off?
Obviously this isn't a sensible substitute for actual good sleep. </Dr's advice>

My avatar is sucky. I'll get round to doing something about that.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For me sleep is a rare luxury I rarely ever get. At most on any given weekday I get roughly an average of 4-6 hours a day (the record for the least amount of sleep is thirty minutes went to sleep around six woke up at six thirty for school) On the weekends I get an average of like 3-5 hours of sleep.

I don't have insomnia or any other form of problematic sleeping problems sometimes I just fail to get sleep at all. Which is why I can always be seen carry around something highly caffeinated (usually a Java Monster Irish Blend if not that its some form of Coffee).

I know for a fact the caffeine has nothing to do with my sleeping problems because I weened myself off the caffeine a few years back (yes I have been this way for quite some time) and it changed absolutely nothing.

On a lighter note of this I always get a good laugh out of my sleep depravity because it gives me permanent raccoon eyes (the dark circles under your eyes) and that always leads people to ask me if I am stoned because of this.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have a rather strange sleeping pattern. I find myself either getting 8 hours of sleep on a school night or barely getting 5. It usually depends on what happened that day and how tired I am from the night before. I usually make up sleep on the weekend though, which is always nice.

I do have the occasional night where I can lay in bed for hours, eyes closed, and just cannot fall asleep. It can be irritating because there's never anything on my mind, I just usually have too much energy.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i literally do not even function on less than 8 1/2 hours of sleep. i get all irritable and can't focus on anything and just end up either hitting things or falling asleep in chem xD. if i get 9 or more though, i'm fine. i'll even wake up on weekends early just because i can't sleep any longer, and i'll be okay.

i have trouble falling asleep sometimes too, usually only if i'm thinking about something or upset. otherwise i listen to music and nod right off :)

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kasumi_Togie wrote:
i literally do not even function on less than 8 1/2 hours of sleep. i get all irritable and can't focus on anything and just end up either hitting things or falling asleep in chem xD. if i get 9 or more though, i'm fine. i'll even wake up on weekends early just because i can't sleep any longer, and i'll be okay.

i have trouble falling asleep sometimes too, usually only if i'm thinking about something or upset. otherwise i listen to music and nod right off :)

I feel as if you are actually me. Especially the first period chem part.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Poe wrote:

I feel as if you are actually me. Especially the first period chem part.

dude, my chem teacher puts on the most monotonous movies (usually ones we've seen at least twice before) an hour before dismissal on a friday. like, what did she THINK was going to happen, really! xD

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]