It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Slow 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I've come to the conclusion my brain functions extremely slow and I wish I could do something about it. I've never instinctively made a thats what she said call yet, and it takes me a while to process information. When I'm reading unless I dictate every word in my head I'll end up skimming the block and missing the point completely. I can't get the high scores on bejeweled on facebook. In terms of conversation I'd like to be a funny guy who makes appropriate remarks (re: context and intended audience) off the bat but they usually aren't. When I chat up girls I wish I knew the perfect words to say, but we only end up talking about airy fairy stuff like school.

I don't really know where I'm getting to here but this seemed like an appropriate place to let someone know.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Likely, your biggest problem in conversation is you're trying to be someone you're not.

There are some people who believe there are multiple intelligence types and that one must find their own genius. Some people aren't good at puzzle games; obviously, that's you. What are you good at? Exploit your strengths.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

oh wow haha I guess I didn't really define what I wanted this topic to be about. I'm merely curious if anyone here suffers from slow brain syndrome (SBS) like I do, or if you've inherited the wit gene.

my problems I deal with emo music and banging my laptop so while your advice is appreciated it's fair to say you don't know me well..

(I'm not down or anything, I just want to be a bit more pretentious gosh I have to fit in at work and school don't I?!?)

Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:56 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

slow brain syndrome

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:16 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

DragonPhoenix wrote:
oh wow haha I guess I didn't really define what I wanted this topic to be about. I'm merely curious if anyone here suffers from slow brain syndrome (SBS) like I do, or if you've inherited the wit gene.

my problems I deal with emo music and banging my laptop so while your advice is appreciated it's fair to say you don't know me well..

(I'm not down or anything, I just want to be a bit more pretentious gosh I have to fit in at work and school don't I?!?)

That doesn't mean I can't take the opportunity in the thread to discuss you and not myself. ): You're right, I don't know you very well. There's nothing wrong with emo music, and I'm sorry you **** your laptop, but please don't be pretentious.

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why not? I want to have friends you know. and i also intend on climbing the employment ladder

I just think "knowing what to say" is something you learn and adapt rather than "you have it or you don't." and if other people can do it, why can't i? (that's my life motto, I guess that's a bit of the reason why i'm up for anything.)

Actually I think wanting to change isn't such a bad thing, if people didn't we wouldn't have gyms and stuff (more examples too but brain is kinda numb atm)

my overall point is that I want to come up with a comeback that isn't "UR MOM LOL" or "AT LEAST I DONT SUCK DICK"

but that's enough from grand master Konfucious for today,I shall impart more words of wisdom 2moz

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]