It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Birthday Ideas 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My 15th Birthday is coming up in about 3 weeks, and the pressure's on to get a party planned.
I need ideas, or i may just resort to a simple sleepover with the guys.
I also want to invite my female friends if possible, but that would make the guest count high. not over 9000 high, but about 20.
Also, there's the cost to worry about, so if there are any ideas out there about fun party ideas/places, let me know. If it was a movie, we'd be dominating that one theatre, but there will be little to no mingling. I was thinking maybe having a party with all 20ish people, then letting the guys stay for a sleepover....but I don't know if that could work, because then the party needs to be interesting for the girls, rather than a movie then saying "okay you can go home now"...while the guys party is out late into the night...

OH, and if i invite more people, more presents...the more chance of getting giftcards to places i like (=3 gamestop)
thanks!!!

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Organize games.

Do relay races or something with teams like:

Or you could give teams each a large sauce spoon, have them grap water from a pan and run across the field to dump into a pitcher and run back to pass the spoon to the next teammate. Which ever team fills their pitcher to a certain mark first wins.

Then the next game you can tie balloons everyone's ankle, and when the game starts, you have to pop the other team's balloon while protecting your own and whoever is left standing earns points for their team.

Or have a team member stick a plunger between his legs, run across the yard, and try to pick toilet paper up on the stick, and run back, rotating like the first game. Whoever gets the most in the alloted time wins, and gets to keep the plunger as a trophy to brag about later.

Idk, someone here might list some other ideas that would help get this party game thing going. Each team could make their own trophy, and the winners get to burn the losers' trophy and dance around them, giving much deserved ridicule as well as winning a prize. I wouldn't do boys against girls though, because that might be alienating. Besides, when you're done playing, you can mack on the hot chick that was on your team by making mention that you two play well together and maybe show her your room. Also, girls like Smooth Moves.

All these games go good with beer too!

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

ROLLERCADE PARTY!!!

Seriously, all the cool kids have their parties at the rollercade. I had like...5 of my birthday parties at the rollercade (you know, when I was still young enough to have a birthday party.) I remember when I was 8 my cousin and I had our birthdays at the rollercade on the same day because her birthday was August 13th and mine was September 13th and we did the Hokey Pokey on rollerskates. Most rollercades will let you plan parties and play the music you want and stuff. Bring all your skater buddies there! :D

Although, I think 15 is too old to have birthday parties. I stopped at like age 10 and my brother stopped at age 8 or so. Not that you can't do something with your friends, but having a big party with cake and stuff is a bit much for age 12+.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:35 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My party was just at my friend's house with the rest of my friends. We had food, decorations, music and all that stuff too. Usually I find those parties are the funnest, especially if they're surprise parties. =p

There was a sleepover too, but I can see the problem with letting the girls stay over. My sister and I were the only people who couldn't stay over at our own party. D:

I'd suggest a house party or the cinema. Who cares if no one else can get into the theatre, it's your party! :p

I don't think there's a problem in bringing the girls to the party, but usually it's awkward if they don't know the guys. Just explain to them that not everyone could stay over, I'm sure they'd understand.

Whatever you do, have fun! :D

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah, I realize that having the whole "okay kids, time to cut the cake! YAAAAY~~~" is really kiddish.
But I still want to chill with my friends n stuff.
I don't care taking up the theater, but there would be no mingling for the people on the ends....
I'm sure that the girls will understand about the sleepover thing.
We don't have a rollercade nearby D= but we have an ICE RINK!!! that would work!!!!
Team relays...too much like high school PE teachers' ideas about a 'fun' period D=
There are also places like Boomers (an upscale version of chuck e cheeses, but funner, with a water bumper boat thingy, gokarts, mini-golf, and laser tag)
there is a place known for its uber fast go-karts...
My dad especially is putting pressure on me for getting it planned out soon...>.< *brain asplodes*

Thanks for the great suggestions!
~Animepokefan

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]