are you sick of topics mentioning homosexuals
yes 48%  48%  [ 19 ]
no 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
get a haircut, hippie 40%  40%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 40

how much money do you have in your bank account 
The Geek
The Geek

You people are odd, openly discussing your bank accounts. At least now I know who to target if I wanna "borrow" some money.

I have enough money to buy the things I need and a few of the things I want. I just spent $275 on a XBox 360 Premium the other day. But I've got a $200 check on the way, so I'll survive, and then probably blow all of that on Rock Band and Assassins Creed.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
You probably shouldn't cut your hair. How long is it?

too bad, I already have, and it cost me $10. That's $10 I could've bought 12 wicked wings for, dammit. Or even a large triple cheese burger with a fillet o fish burger. aww, this is making me hungry now.

Quote:
The 80K is invested throughout 5 year CDs, Municipal bonds, and high-yield military savings account (USAA).
I do have a good chunk of money invested in 3-4% savings accounts, 5% CDs, and Tax-Free municipal bonds (lending money to the state and city).

How did you get so much cash? I didn't know you had a job... Also this means you can help me study for my Finance subject, I have no idea what's going on (maybe I should actually turn up to my lectures for once...)

ps: I was going to use some smilies to express my general sentiments, but they are so aesthetically unappealling now. Why are there white lines around them?? (notice my attempt to sound like a dictionary)

pps: omg Jiggs fix the forums they are CLEARLY BROKEN!

Tue May 13, 2008 2:52 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

DragonPhoenix wrote:
too bad, I already have, and it cost me $10.

Oh. :( The place I go to costs $18 or $19.13 AUD. I get a cut with a scalp massage, then she washes my hair, wraps a hot towel around my face and massages my hands and arms while the conditioner sets. It's pretty sweet, but everyone makes fun of me for it, especially at work. They try to bring me down and make me insecure, but I'm just too solid, yo.

Tue May 13, 2008 1:47 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

My college yelled at me for being an idiot and filling out my FAFSA incorrectly (had to to redeem a merit scholarship)

"Hey, idiot - you said you made income, but you put down that you didn't work. Iz j00 effing retarded?"

"Hey idiot, ever heard of a savings account (idiots)?".

Yet, how do people not save more? If people saved more than they do now, the credit crisis could be out for good.

Tue May 13, 2008 5:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i do not have a bank account at all lol, i wish i did. i will get one once im old enough to get a job though

Tue May 13, 2008 8:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Oh. :( The place I go to costs $18 or $19.13 AUD. I get a cut with a scalp massage, then she washes my hair, wraps a hot towel around my face and massages my hands and arms while the conditioner sets. It's pretty sweet, but everyone makes fun of me for it, especially at work. They try to bring me down and make me insecure, but I'm just too solid, yo.

you pansy. :lol:

Quote:
Yet, how do people not save more? If people saved more than they do now, the credit crisis could be out for good.

Are you referring to your subprime crisis? I just handed in 1,500 words of **** on how it affects our (Australia's) bond market on Monday (I still have no idea how, I made some stuff up how stock & bond markets were related... some how). Anyhow, not many people can save well, and especially now I guess we prefer to use now, spend later. eg: more people are inclined to take out a loan to finance a luxury car rather than save up for a few years, then buy outright. What's the fun of having all this cash of you can't use it?

Quote:
I'm spoiled, I come from a rich family and I have no money saved. My parents don't even have money saved for me to go to university, which really sucks.

I confess I know nothing about Canada's higher education system, but over here we can choose the option of deferring all our uni fees until we finish our degree, and then we pay them back when we enter the workforce (kinda like tax, except a bit more). Do other countries have this system too?

Quote:
i do not have a bank account at all lol, i wish i did. i will get one once im old enough to get a job though

You probably want to set one up as soon as possible, I don't think there should be any charges for setting one up, especially if you're a minor.

Wed May 14, 2008 2:25 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
You probably want to set one up as soon as possible, I don't think there should be any charges for setting one up, especially if you're a minor.

Yes you are probably right. I just never really saw the need to do so, and at the moment I do not have a need for one either.

Wed May 14, 2008 5:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

About a 100 dollars in savings account.
20-30 dollars in my wallet.

HOW DO YOU PPL SAVE UP THE MONEH!? haha i am as i like to call myself 'a big spender'. As soon as I have money I'll get rid of it. And since I live in Mexico, I don't have to worry about college investment...the UNAM (university in mexico) charges 23 cents for you to be enlisted in the system. 23 cents = 2-3 pennies. Yes mexico is CHEAP. Overall in all of college, you spend about 20-30 pesos (2-3 dollars).

Thu May 15, 2008 5:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

DragonPhoenix wrote:
you pansy. :lol:

DragonPhoenix wrote:
I confess I know nothing about Canada's higher education system, but over here we can choose the option of deferring all our uni fees until we finish our degree, and then we pay them back when we enter the workforce (kinda like tax, except a bit more). Do other countries have this system too?

It's the same here. You can defer your loans, but six months after you stop taking classes, whether you've graduated or not, your loans go into repayment. You have to be enrolled for at least eight credit hours I believe to defer them.

Mon May 19, 2008 1:15 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Well I just opened up my account and deposited the afforementioned monies. (Reason is because I got a job).

Quote:

In Ontario, you can apply for something called OSAP and if you qualify (you really can't pay for university or cannot do so too easily) then you can take loans, which you pay back after you get a degree and get a job. It's not taxed (I think) but there is no interest on it for sure. You also get tax refunds for paying tuition here.

Wed May 21, 2008 3:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I had a savings and checking account up until the January of this year. They got closed due to PayPal screwing me over.

Okay, so I wanted to purchase something online that would set me back $8.00. They only accepted PayPal, so I thought "I'll just put $8 into my checkings, then transfer it to my PayPal account!". So I did. The transfer went smooth and successful.

So at this point I have $8.00 in my PayPal account, the amount of money I'd need for the thing I wanted to purchase. I go to the site to purchase the desired item by entering in my account info and all that jazz. Eventually I get to the point where it says "Transaction successful!" and stuff.

Anyhow, I wait about a week and I get the thing I paid for. I was all happy and everyone lived happily ever after.

Or so I thought.

The next day I get a letter from my bank saying I over withdrew $8 on my checking account. I'm going "Wtf? I didn't make any other checking account transactions other than uploading the $8 to my PayPal...". To make matters worse, my checking account was set so that if I ever over withdrew it'd take from my savings account to compensate. Unfortunately I only had around 41 cents left in my savings at the time (had previously used savings to buy some computer equipment), so that didn't help at all and tarnished my savings account too.

To make matters even more worse, this letter was supposed to have gotten to me a few days earlier; it hadn't arrived on time since I live out in the boonies and we don't have a real mailman, just this old guy who volunteers to drive to all the houses out here and deliver mail. If there was even like 1 inch of snow, he wouldn't even go to a single house. In short, I didn't get the warning letter in time to save my accounts.

Anyhow, I go online to PayPal to remove my bank accounts from being connected to PayPal (since they were closed now) when something catches my eye. It said I still had $8 in my account.

So I'm thinking "Uhhh lolwut" while trying to figure out what was going on. As it turns out, instead of using the $8 I had sitting right there in my account, PayPal instead went to my checking account and took $8 out of it, which wasn't there. Yup. PayPal screwed me over.

After nearly six months of being account-less, I think I'm gonna go open up an account over at another bank in town. This would be good since I hopefully will be getting a job soon.

Sun May 25, 2008 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

@R_R: lolololooololololwut? that was complicated...and confusing for you...and for me...

So I lost my wallet, with my CC in it. And somewhere in the wallet there's a paper that says:

so yeah im kinda screwed....moms taking me to town to deactivate it and transfer the money (If i still have money) to a new one.

Sun May 25, 2008 5:56 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

R_R wrote:
As it turns out, instead of using the $8 I had sitting right there in my account, PayPal instead went to my checking account and took $8 out of it, which wasn't there. Yup. PayPal screwed me over.

That should answer the lolwut? question. Basically, he thought he was supposed to put it into his PayPal account. Instead, an option was selected that it would go to his Checking Account and then his PayPal.

Mon May 26, 2008 9:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well i have around €250 but i used to have around €1000 but i keep buying new games!!!

Fri May 30, 2008 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2