It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Babies! 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, it turns out my next door neighbor is having not one, not two, but three babies at once. I think those are called triplets, lol.

What worries is me that they don't have a lot of money and already have one child. I can only imagine how much time and money will be used to take care of three more. In fact my mom has already asked me to help them with yard work (but I have to do it while they are not home, so it's a seeeeeecretttttt.)

Anyway, when you all grow up and get married (lol ya rite), do you ever see yourself holding your own DNA in your arms? Do you have have your names planned out for either gender?

Also, in b4 Frost eats all the babies.

Thu May 01, 2008 6:55 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, I can see myself having children.

My Auntie had a girl called Cecilia Jane (or CJ) recently and it really reminded me of how wonderful children are (I'm afraid of adults). Also, where I'm from, the Missus usually names the child, but I think Lola and Noah are really good names.

Also, I acknowledge that my attitude is the polar opposit of Frost's but I really resent the modern child/teenager-phobic attitude. It's just as bad as sexism or racism.

Thu May 01, 2008 8:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sometimes I dread the idea of children; they eat and then they poop and then they cry. However, I'm kind of an ambitious person with that typical "succeeding at life" notion that involves a husband and a few kids. Sometimes I'll see, read or hear something and think, "I'm going to tell my children about this some day," or "I'm going to teach my kids not to do something this foolish." I wonder what they'll be like.

As for names... I don't know. I really like the name Rory and I have no idea why. Mia is a good girl's name, although it's kind of tarnished due to Phoenix Wright.

Thu May 01, 2008 12:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can see myself having a child, but I'm almost certain I will want to leave it out on the street every waking second of my life while it's a baby. And a toddler. Maybe a five year-old. I probably wouldn't make a good parent.

I hate babies. Absolutely despise them. Most of them are not cute, and all they do is poop and cry. And when they're a toddler, they go running in the street and jumping in the deep end of the pool.

I would not take my baby into public. Ever. Unless it was necessary that I do so.

Though, the idea of taking care of a 7-9 year old sounds nice. I'd get to mess with their hair and pick their clothes and remind them to brush their teeth every morning.

I want a little girl with red hair, and either dark brown or green eyes. For names, I like Luana, Sophia, Bella, Melanie, blah blah blah.

Thu May 01, 2008 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Valentine wrote:
I would not take my baby into public. Ever. Unless it was necessary that I do so.

(disapproving tone) Kasey, have you been reading your special magazine again?

Also Louise, Bryony and Geth(semane) are nice names.

Thu May 01, 2008 2:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
Yes, when I think about it, I can see myself having one or two kids later on.

Jamie wrote:
I'm kind of an ambitious person with that typical "succeeding at life" notion

Same here. Sometimes when I think about the future, my career, family and whatnot I can almost imagine a wife, kids, house and all those things associated with a grown up life.

On the other hand watching other people’s children has made me vary of the whole concept of parenthood. Some of those kids are terrible. They have no respect for anything and are basically selfish little monsters that will one day destroy the world. If that old saying about how the children will inherit the Earth is to be taken seriously then I worry about the future.

But I guess you can't really blame the kids for how they turned out. The parents are responsible for shaping the views and lives of their children, sure they should have independence and be able to learn the difference between right and wrong, but as a parent you should still be there to teach them the basics.

Lol, looking at the above I can see that I would probably be one of the more strict parents, the whole "tough love" ordeal.

I really don't think much about names. I like my name but I would never name my own child after myself, there's just something...weird about that. I would probably let my wife decide, as long as it isn't anything absolutely horrible or spelt weirdly its fine.

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Thu May 01, 2008 2:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Anybody who doesn't know my response doesn't know me, so I'll just say this.

Ruth and Philadelphia. Maybe Ashanti. I'm not sure.

Thu May 01, 2008 6:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

No. I don't want kids. They get in the way of bass time.

Thu May 01, 2008 9:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

pelligargetic wrote:
Anybody who doesn't know my response doesn't know me, so I'll just say this.

Ruth and Philadelphia. Maybe Ashanti. I'm not sure.

*rides the lollercoaster*

Thu May 01, 2008 9:51 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

This forum and my job have proved to me that anyone under the age of 16 sucks.

No, I don't plan to have any children.

Thu May 01, 2008 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm certain that I want to have children later on in life. I think I'll wait a while before I do so, however. Perhaps into my late thirties; after all, it worked for my parents. Of course, this would be with the consent of my partner. :3

If, for whatever reason, conceiving a child was a problem (e.g. infertility, wrong gender, etc.), then I'd probably prefer adoption over IVF. Why bother spending loads of money on a process with a certain chance of failure when there's already so many children without parents?

As for parenting, I'd be a bit of a contradiction. I'd be pretty lax on stuff like watching 12-rated films and listening to offensive music, but I'd be strict with common courtesy and manners. My kids are going to be giving their seats to old people and throwing their litter in bins as long as they want to stay in my house. >:D

Not sure about names. Of course, I have a dream list consisting of Vincent, Clovis, Euphemia, Cornelia, Lelouch and Elysia, but I know that they'd get the utter **** kicked out of them if I named them like that. So, I'll probably settle for Alexander or Katherine. *though I might have a bit of fun with their middles names :D*

Last edited by goldenquagsire on Sat May 03, 2008 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 02, 2008 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:
This forum and my job have proved to me that anyone under the age of 16 sucks.

My childhood has proven to me that adults are condescending, sadistic morons who think because I'm not over a certain age, I am stupid and ignorant when in fact, the reverse is true and they are ignorant of the fact that not all under-sixteens view monosyllabic grunts as a viable replacement for intelligent conversation. I'm have been, and probably always will be, fascinated by children's capacity to learn, and adults' tendency to assume moral and intellectual high-ground as opposed to embracing the next generation that will inherit the mess they have made of politics and the world in general. Krisp is going to kill me. >_<

Fri May 02, 2008 9:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MARIA

I dunno about a boy.

I wanna have kids sometime in my late twenties/early thirties, don't wanna get too old.

Fri May 02, 2008 12:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Not ALL under 16s suck. :/

Don't say it. :P

I would pick the name Patrick if I had a son. Reason being because my name is Patrick, my Dad's is, and my Grandad's was.

For a girl....

Maybe Niamh or Aoife. Or Jenny. Something nice anyway.

Fri May 02, 2008 1:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I always sorta dreaded parenthood, too, since I figured I'd never really be responsible enough (lol Pokemon mom). But I've enjoyed it these past two years with my daughter, and I'm looking forward to the birth of our rapidly-gestating second. This one's sex is undetermined; we've got a boy's name, but not so certain for girls' names...

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Fri May 02, 2008 2:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If it is a girl, you could make a discussion thread. That happened on another forum for a magazine I get. The baby was eventually called Ruby. Maybe yours could be Sapphire? :D

Fri May 02, 2008 2:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What's your daughter's name? I'd like to pick names that sound good when you say them right after each other, for some reason. My half-siblings were named Jessica and Justin, and I love how nice they sound when you say them together out loud.

Fri May 02, 2008 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

rio_uk wrote:
If it is a girl, you could make a discussion thread. That happened on another forum for a magazine I get. The baby was eventually called Ruby. Maybe yours could be Sapphire? :D

Holy crap, we were actually thinking of names related to Sapphire. She'll be a September baby. :P

Val, I don't feel too comfy giving out her actual name over the interbutts - it's perfectly safe, I know, but I feel gitchy about it. Starts with a K.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sat May 03, 2008 2:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

My childminder's toddler was called Saffron. I was an Autumn baby, as well.

Sat May 03, 2008 2:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I just want one girl. I might have one later this month by a small margin of chance but it's impossible to tell anyway, so who gives a ****?

Sat May 03, 2008 9:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I dunno if I'll have kids ; the thought of going through labor makes me shudder. If I do, I'll probably only have one, because I don't want them to have to go through the painful time which is childhood with a sibling. I'll probably adopt if it's okay with my future husband.

Ohh, and congrats Nida! :D I hope it's a lovely baby ; I'm sure it will be.

EDIT: All of the names I've considered

For a girl

-Atlanta ( <3 )
-Athena
-Artemis (lol, mythology names ROCK!)
-Alexandra
-Alexis
-Anastasia ( <3 )
-Alexamaria (tossed that one pretty quickly)
-Amber
-Bella
-Britney
-Clara
-Claire
-Carmen
-Marina ( <3 ) (tossing all form of alphabetical sorting out the window)
-Marie
-Maria
-Lily
-Gardenia??
-Luna ( <3 )
-Stella
-Tatiana ( <3 )
-Marissa
-Zelda (lol, don't think I'm using that one, the poor kid might be teased for life)
-Sakura ( <3 )
-Ariana
-Linda?
-Lynn
-Teresa
-Xenia

As you can see I like, well, "feminine" names. Also, a cookie to you if you spotted the Russian names.

For a Boy:

-Joseph
-Antonio
-Carlos
-Michael
-Alexander
-Keith
-Westley (lol, Princess Bride reference, I <3 Westley)
-Vincent
-Tyler
-Tyson
-Artie
-Donald
-Robert
-William
-Richard
-Stuart
-Garth
-Adam
-Oliver
-Dimitri ( <3 )
-Nicholas

I'll think of more later.

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Last edited by Crystal on Fri May 23, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun May 04, 2008 11:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Crystal wrote:
I dunno if I'll have kids ; the thought of going through labor makes me shudder. If I do, I'll probably only have one, because I don't want them to have to go through the painful time which is childhood with a sibling. I'll probably adopt if it's okay with my future husband.

Ohh, and congrats Nida! :D I hope it's a lovely baby ; I'm sure it will be.

Thankee. :D

I have to say, growing up an only child didn't have too many drawbacks. I still had all the friends I needed, but I had all the alone time I wanted.

Also, don't be afraid of childbirth. Your body's not going to give you more than you can handle. Now, I strongly encourage adoption anyway, given the number of unadopted children in the US, but at the same time I feel that women in the West have been sorely miseducated about childbirth. Read Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Spiritual Midwifery - they were lifesavers, and my first kid was born without any drug intervention at all. <3

Mon May 05, 2008 1:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I do not see myself ever having children. I just do not want to add another human to the already overcrowded world. Ypu have to give and give to them and they dont give back until they are adults. I also wont take the risk that a child of mine may grow up to be a horrible monster that harms others. I also will probaly not get married because the person I marry may want them. It is so hard to try to avoid having babies too unless you just dont have sex, which migth be the only option since birth control isnt 100% effective. I would also like to spare a child pain and suffering since the world may not be a nice place to grow up in by the time I would choose to have children. I believe that every child should be planned. I jsut dont think I have it in me to take care of another human that is completely dependent on me for all, and I would be confused on what to teach him or her. I would likely be insanely overprotective.

think before you act
and take responsibility for everything you do.
everyone is resposible for everthing

Wed May 07, 2008 11:53 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not getting married. Prolly adopting. So not really choosing a name. But if in any case getting one (which wouldn't happen...at all) i'd name him MITCHELL or MAXWELL....or her ALEXANDRIA or KASEY....whatever...

Last edited by black_flygon on Sat May 17, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 16, 2008 9:03 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Stay on topic. I'm not going to delete your post again.

Sat May 17, 2008 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next