It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Love for Pokemon 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: I'm not telling you! Why do you want to know anyways?...Are you a stalker?!
Quote:
Growlix wrote:
Awesome! I thought I was the only one!

Wanna worship together sometime?

Sure, you bring the Pikachu plushies, I'll bring the food. We'll make it a party! :D

Once there was a man who ate a poisonous grapefruit and died.The moral of the story:DON'T EAT POISON GRAPEFRUIT!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't play pokemon so i really don't have anything to hide. Last time I touched my DS was in September.. maybe. :O

But when I DID play, I didn't really talk about it, its really not a huge deal. I didn't have to hide anything because I'm just some random kid playing his DS.. to everyone else. :o

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't openly display it, but if somebody asked me if I liked Pokémon I'd say yes. Whether some random person thinks I'm childish for liking it or not doesn't affect me.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I play it and try to keep it hidden when I'am at school because all the bullies would kill me if they found out about it!So Gamer Guy and I came up with a code name for them so people wouldn't know what we are talking about.But I haven't played the games in a terrible while.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:32 am
Profile YIM
Champion of Mews
Champion of Mews

I don't really talk about pokemon exept to my friends. I used to have every main game exept for Ruby version(before Diamond and Peral came out). I also know a lot about it. I just can not train my pokemon at all.

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I only came here to share my experience at a Pokémon convention, and I stayed for a while to discuss certain threads, and I'm only still here because of other members. I do enjoy the games very much, but not so much more than other series like Resident Evil or Castlevania. I'm not a complete fanatic.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I enjoy the games and the overall superficial idea of "monsters with magical powers", as well as many aspects concerning the plot and the characters. I might watch the show if it's airing while I'm flipping through the channels (unless it features a Pokémon I dislike), and I would buy a Luxio plushie if I could find one. I draw Pokémon fanart and I will probably write a fanfic if I ever come up with a good idea. I've already taken Diamond to university and some of my friends actually played it: now a few of them call me "Pokémon", and say they're gonna give me a Pikachu for Christmas.

No, I wouldn't buy a Pokémon T-shirt (or any Pokémon garment, or Pokémon fursuit, rofl), the only Pokémon song I remember is the first opening theme, most characters' names I've already forgotten, I don't know anything about how the game mechanics work (and I really don't wanna), I can't spell many Pokémon's names, I wouldn't spend my money attempting to make a collection of Pokémon goodies, I don't own (and don't wanna) any Pokémon product, I don't enjoy the show and movies as much as I used to and I don't know how to play the TCG game, amongst other stuff.

I like Pokémon; just not as much as many people, and probably a little more than some of us.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I am not afraid to openly display my love for Pokemon. If anyone disses Pokemon, I give them the birdie and then go back to whatever I am doing.

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:36 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

I'm not afraid at all to say it out that i like Pokemon, but i'm a little afraid that they will laugh at me :lol: but anyway i love pokemon so much i got every game that have been realesed :lol: 8-) :D

Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

After I bought D/P (two days after american release date), I played it non-stop for about three weeks. Then, I basically stopped playing it. I have played it briefly a few times since, but I still have June in that journal thing, I think. I have noticed several of the people in my year playing pokemon, and I've tried talking about it to them then, but I haven't really had any sucsessful conversations.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I love the games. I thought the idea of pokemon when it first came out was okay and stuff, then I played my younger brother's Blue Version. The moment I played it, I was hooked. The anime wasn't that great to me, but I watched it for one reason only: TEAM ROCKET! They always have and always will be awesome to me. I loved Team Rocket's Jessie + James so much! In fact I loved everyone in it. I don't know why. I usually like the good guys in an anime/movie/TV show, but I couldn't resist Team Rocket. They kept Pokemon alive in me. I even wanted James' outfit at one time. I tried creating a Pokemon club at my high school called Team Rocket, but not many people really cared at the time. Only my good friends stuck with it. But I liked Pokemon nonetheless. So yeah, that's it.

-Ryan

Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

When I was younger I loved pokemon. I told myself to never stop liking it no matter how old I was. It's been a bumpy road but I'm 16 now and I never really COMPLETELY stopped liking pokemon (knock on wood). Last year when I got pearl I played it at school no problem. When some people saw me playing it they laughed at me but I ignored them.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:51 pm
Illiterate
Illiterate

i like pokemonz a lot

i don't hide it in public like if i'm playing my DS in public and someone see's i like pokemon they sometimes look at me with the "grom up kid" look :S but i ignore them

if someone laughs at me i try to think of what things they play that i would think "childish" :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:55 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

well I came 'round school playin sum pokemanz. some brothas started hatin' and i was gonna act a foo but my pikachu was KO so i had to flee from these brothas but they was all up on me in mah grill and i was all hidin my face tryin to keep my gangsta rep yo but no good i got jacked and now i got no homies.

Although I don't play pokemon that often anymore, I did used to bring my gameboy to school on occasion. A few would laugh and poke fun, but I know these people to be complete idiots today, so I'm really not bothered by it. Most people didn't really care though, and went about their business as I went about mine. Playing your DS in school is fine, I think. I guess it's comparable to using an iPod as long as the volume isn't disturbing people. I will admit, though, I do have a few pokemon plushes (not that they've been used recently >_>) and I haven't thrown out my old collection of cards.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I doodle pictures of pokemon when I'm bored in Biology and don't feel like sleeping. I've nearly perfected drawing a Drifblim (could never get the cloud right), and now I'm drawing up Beedrill. I feel like the wings are good, but its hard for me to get the stingers proportioned correctly.

I usually dont play the actual games much anymore, though I do play competitively online.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm not as enthusiastic about Pokemon as I was a year or two ago but I still play it.
I don't really start a conversation about it because it's not really on my mind but If someone else wants to talk about it then I have no problem holding a conversation with them.

Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well for me it simple!
no1 i hang out with never talks about pokemon so i dont bring it up!
the only time i talk about pokemon is when im at my cousins!

Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:03 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I dont hide it that much i will play it if i have a friend over sometimes. Earlier this year at school me and my friends would bring it to class and play on the bus before practice. But since my friends dont play it anymore i play it from time to time at my house. I will watch the show or movies when they are on but if someone sees me i will change the channel. I wish that more people would play pokemon still and that people would stop thinking that it is childish.

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:39 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

I don't have to hide because still alot kids in my grade still play and I am in 8th grade! but fell sorry for people who have too, plus they know not to mess with me!
muhahahaha

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I used to lie about playing it in comp (junior high), but I couldn't be bothered to in college (high school), and as it turned out, loads of my friends were still playing it on their old gameboys!!! Word about it spread, and now loads of people in all the high schools in my town play it! Pokemon's cool again!!! :D

My avatar is sucky. I'll get round to doing something about that.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ah, my not-so-secret love of pokemon! :lol: When I was nine, I made a hotmail addy with the detail "Pokemonqueen" in it. Of course, by forwards, everyone in my area saw it, even the older kids at the high school. When I started attendance at said high school, I was teased relentlessly. "Hi pokemonqueen!" rang through the halls constantly! I eventually made a new email address, and that's been forgotten by the time I'd hit eighth grade.

A lot of the guys in my class like pokemon, but not to the extent that I do, and all of the girls except two (me and my best friend) gave it up when they turned ten. If someone asks me if I play pokemon, I say yes, but I also give my opinion on the anime series. (Which is that it absolutely sucks, sorry to all those that like it!)

But, if some of the people I know think I'm too old to like pokemon, they should look at the birthdays forum on this site. :P

If I owe/ said I would donate you psybucks, please PM me ASAP (preferably a link to the page that I "bought" the item) and I will try to round them up as quickly as possible (of course, after the cash mod is fully functional). Thanks.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2