It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Todays generation of kids/teens 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What do you think of todays generation? I don't quite like this new generation as just about everyone I know at school is racist towards white people(me :cry: )and seems to do bad at school on purpose. Only say...10 of my friends look past my skin tone and see my personality. Otherwise its "Shut up white boy" or "You so white dawg, get the *Bleep* away from me". It saddens me so that todays generation of "cool" are the idiots with joints in their mouths without...yah know what? Ill stop there. I cant be smart for one second without being ridiculed by my classmates. Normally I dont care about taunting and such, but it just gets annoying. What makes me even angrier is that the "cool" people in my advanced classes get excellent grades, act "nerdy" and still they are cool. If I act the same way I get looked at like im retarded. Well I think im done. Sorry if I sounded racist in the littlest way.

What do you think?

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Strange to think it was once the other was around. I really hate half of the kids in this generation. 35% are jocks, 30% are "gangstaas", 15% computer addicts, 15% book worms, and 5% of the normal people. It really irritates me. Jocks are just really into sports, and are totally idiots, and pick on non-jocks for not playing sports, or at least not as much as them. "Gangstas", or whatever you call them, just swear and say yo. We technology addicts may be closest to "normal", because our attitude isn't exactly affected by our socail group. However we spend the majority of our free time on computers and stuff, so that is somewhat a downside (who am I kidding, we techno geeks are perfect people >.<) Know it alls, bookworms, nerds, or whatever, are also pretty normal, but sometimes study too much. For example, I know someone who studies all day and watches TV at like 1 hour tops, which is usually educational TV. And those 5% normal people are usually generalized as something else, so they technically don't exist. I hate this generation, more than half of it are total BUTT STUFF!!111!11!!1!1one!oneone!!1eleventy!!111!!

255 is the true devil's number.

typhlosion blaze wrote:
Wait, the guy who made this topic plays runescape? So 3rd grade.

From my "Stupid Insults" thread, where people tell eachother how people insulted them in a hilariously stupid manner, how ironic!

Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

They are rude and disrespectful.
They don't appreciate what they have.

And the parents after 1990 lack the ability to discipline their children. New shows are coming on to help them (i.e. - SuperNanny).

This generation really sucks.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Most people born after 1991 = FAIL!!!!

They are rude and disrespectful.
They don't appreciate what they have.

You're just saying that because YOU were born in 1991, dammit.

This generation's kids are far worse than the teens. On a bus at my school, it's insane making out between elementary kids and...yeah, between them. :|

Teens are more responsible. Although the emo population has increased.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I give those January 1, 1991 a chance. They're usually not bad.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

every generation thinks the one after them is the worst.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It saddens me, actually. If I'm walking down an empty street (save for myself, of course) and some other random person older than me happens to walk the other way, they will try their hardest not to look at me, or even acknowledge my existence for fear that I might mug them, or worse. They will even walk in the road to avoid me, and I know I am not the only one that they do it to.

This is what english society has bred, at least: The norm is now to be Chav. To be "normal" is to be a majority, and I am saddened to say that normal where I live it to be a chav, and it is abnormal to not hang outside macdonalds, not to swear explicitly at every person who walks past, not treating women as if they exist only as the toy of the "alpha male" of the chav swarm, and not losing their innocence at twelve or younger.
It is here that I can be myself, and it is actually upsetting that I can only let the real me out here on Psypoke. Otherwise, I have to be silent, praying that the chavs won't randomly decide to start taunting me or taking the mick.

This society is going downhill. All this political correctness is doing my head in too. You enforce a rule, the chavs see it as a challenge to break it, so more rules are enforced, providing more law-destruction for the chavs. That is the depressing cycle of this world, or England at the very least. [/rant]

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:20 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

You darn young uns and your hip hop, bebop.

Stay off my lawn!

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

??

Seriously, Eighteen is totally right. Get over yourselves, you weren't the last of the smart (and I use that term loosely here) humans on the planet.

Preblooch wrote:
What do you think of todays generation? I don't quite like this new generation as just about everyone I know at school is racist towards white people(me :cry: )and seems to do bad at school on purpose. Only say...10 of my friends look past my skin tone and see my personality. Otherwise its "Shut up white boy" or "You so white dawg, get the *Bleep* away from me".

Oh please. America will ALWAYS have racial conflict, whether you like it or not. It always has been, and that will never change. Life is black and white. There is no colour blindness. Everyone, everyone in the United States has one type of prejudice or another. I'm not saying it's good, but you moaning about how "oh white people are the minority this is unfair" just pisses me off, because I am positive that, whether you admit or not, you have prejudices about blacks/hispanics. So shut up, white boy. :)

And for the record, everyone born after 1989 sucks.

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:47 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just seeing how many smilies it takes to cross the page. Now to read this...WAH! THEY DON"T LOVE ME ANYMORE! I say all people born pat 2007 suck. Yah, thats right pregnant woman, I'm talking to your stomach! Prsonally I think this generation is teh uuberest 1337 gen everz! exept for the jocks and "gangstaas" Also, I've found that it depends on the school area. If black kids were the minority then you wouldn't see people teasing about skin color. save for all the brainless idiots who phail. White people had slaves generations ago and they just can't seem to get over that. They should thank us. If it erent for Americas horrible judgment, they would be starving in Africa right now. Well, time to go step on the lawns!

If you need rescuing, PM me, I do it for free!

Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nfield: while I appreciate your views on how there will always be racism or some form of prejudice, it doesn't mean that we should all just lie back and take it. You could say the same for terrorism: It'll always happen so stop moaning about it, and do nothing to get rid of it. Prejudice and racism are two terms that should belong in history text books, to be marvelled at that such a thing could ever have existed.

Alkhazor: I don't fully understand your post, but: If it wasn't for America boosting their economy by the use of slaves and black labour, perhaps the world economy would be more stable. Did it not occur to you that if the Africans had been left alone, they would have managed to get on perfectly well without the interference of any other countries.

SO this doesn't become a SPAMfest, I'd just like to point out that I was swamped by a bunch of year eights today, telling me that I was a {insert swear word here} Goth and that I should be shot. I dislike this sort of labelling intensely (and yes, I know I label chavs, but they call themselves that, so I don't mind.) I just wish moral values and such were taught to the generation of today. We learnt how to put condoms on banana's in Personal and Social Health Education. :/ Great. This is the extent of this generations education.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:00 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

You could say the same for terrorism: It'll always happen so stop moaning about it, and do nothing to get rid of it.

You're right, let's all support the war in Iraq. That's really doing wonders for the fight against terrorism.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
I dislike this sort of labelling intensely (and yes, I know I label chavs, but they call themselves that, so I don't mind.)

Uh.

Okay, so if I start calling all black people n??gers, that's okay, since they call themselves that? And if you actually dislike being labelled, then you have no ground to stand on saying it's okay to label others.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
We learnt how to put condoms on banana's in Personal and Social Health Education. :/ Great. This is the extent of this generations education.

No, no it's not. Every health class I know of does that. It's to prevent the spread of STDs. I don't see at all what point you're trying to make with that. Did you have any idea how to put on condom before that class? Have you ever tried? I'm going to conjecture no, and it's vital to know.

Also, can you please refrain from using that colour? It's annoying to read.

Alkhazor wrote:
If black kids were the minority then you wouldn't see people teasing about skin color.

Please go research American civil rights issues in the 1950s and 60s, and get back to reality.

Last edited by Swift on Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:52 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Every generation believes that the one before them is worse than the last, because each new generation finds less need to heed to social norms and standards of behavior. Some might argue that newer generations of children are generally oblivious and apathetic to these norms and etiquette. This is simply untrue. As time progresses, deviant social behavior becomes the new norm to "fix" society's disgust with abhorrent comportment. An accepting society can sometimes be a good thing. Homos<b></b>exuality is an example of a positive acceptance of behavior. But how long will society continue to regress and allow certain types of behavior that are not only harmful to individuals, but society as a whole?

If a bath water is raised one degree in temperature once every ten minutes, when will someone know when to scream? Quiet obviously, this is not a science experiment, but a direct social commentary. It is not exclusive to this century, but the entire existence of man has followed this typical regression into repugnant behavior. Religion has commonly set the stage for cultural norms in the course of history. Holy books or religious figures explicitly defined what was appropriate and what was impious or the will of evil spirits. In some beliefs (frequently thought to be true in early America), dancing was immoral and paganish, often the work of witchcraft. As time past, dancing became more universally accepted, but there were always rules to what was permissible on dance floors. Such rules have been changed dramatically through the course of this century so much that dancing in youth culture today is rather erotic and nearly a s<b></b>exual experience. The question is, can dancing ever be too sensual to perform in public?

As science frequently called into question the validity of religious accounts, religious beliefs and the decorum it defined drastically altered. In the latter portion of last century, science created enough doubt in faith to reduce the numbers of believers; more and more did society create its own views on social and cultural norms. Today, the media is blamed for constantly creating this degradation of society. Its focus on s<b></b>ex and material wealth as ideas one should aspire for (particularly Western culture), as well as violence being entertaining, persistently skews the perception of what is appropriate. As time goes on, this message becomes more severe. Current cultural situations don't imply that people are increasingly less resistant to the indulgence of se<b></b>xual pleasures and material wealth, and can no longer enjoy simple, less instantly gratifying pleasures. Rather, there is a lenience to those who do, even in excess, and it is typically even expected that people do.

As the example of dancing begins to illustrate, this lenience pervades in every aspect of progressive behavioral deviance. Instead of promoting abstinence, programs like Planned Parenthood or those that support single mothers or schools that teach safe s<b></b>ex or provide daycares accept underage or premarital s<b></b>ex under the disguise that people "will do it anyway." Quite the contrary, such a social dilemma has never been much of an issue until the past 50 years. People didn't "do it anyway" until society began to be more fixated and accepting of s<b></b>ex. Now, people actively engage in these activities, despite the risks, because there are ways of preventing or assuming less responsibility for negative consequences of their actions. This is just one of many examples of the exacerbation of the norms and standards of behavior in current culture given by lenience. This is what generally explains the degradation of each subsequent generation of children.

The point is, each generation seems worse than the last, because they technically are. People treat each other differently than they used to, etiquette and proper manners have changed (or more correctly, have been lost). Will society realize that normalizing certain behaviors does not "fix" its problems by simply changing the definition of what man finds repugnant? Only by realizing that reversion rather than regression is the key to ameliorating the ailing integrity of social norms and standards of behavior.

P.S. In respect to being mistreated at school: What determines a person's disposition is not only genetics, but the environment a person is surrounded by. When people do not share the same cultural importance that the majority (like most of the members here), there is a general sense of rejection by members of a society who can't understand why they do not share similar views. Today, what may seem like racism is actually the articulation of the subconscious misunderstanding of these cultural differences expressed only by what is physically apparent, skin color. Blacks who share cultural assimilation with whites or intellectualism might receive the same ridicule, albeit less aggressive. Conversely, whites who share a cultural assimilation with black culture might share closer bonds to blacks than their intellectual brethren. This same theory can be attributed to all contesting social groups. The way one might treat you worsens over time, but why they do it relatively stays the same. People either feel a sense of superiority with the idea that they reflect modern society more, or that they have an apprehension of something they don't understand. This typically only applies to younger people, but is also present in adults as well.

Last edited by DatVu on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
You could say the same for terrorism: It'll always happen so stop moaning about it, and do nothing to get rid of it.

You're right, let's all support the war in Iraq. That's really doing wonders for the fight against terrorism.

I was actually referring to terrorism in general, such as the IRA. And I do not support the war in Iraq, there are other ways that peace can be achieved.
nfield wrote:

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
I dislike this sort of labelling intensely (and yes, I know I label chavs, but they call themselves that, so I don't mind.)

Uh.

Okay, so if I start calling all black people n??gers, that's okay, since they call themselves that? And if you actually dislike being labelled, then you have no ground to stand on saying it's okay to label others.

I call them chavss, becuase they refer to themselves as chavs, and the term is not used (or at least, I do not use it) as an insult. I object to being labelled as a goth because 1. I am not, and 2. I do not broadcast that I wish to be known as one.

nfield wrote:
The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
We learnt how to put condoms on banana's in Personal and Social Health Education. :/ Great. This is the extent of this generations education.

No, no it's not. Every health class I know of does that. It's to prevent the spread of STDs. I don't see at all what point you're trying to make with that. Did you have any idea how to put on condom before that class? Have you ever tried? I'm going to conjecture no, and it's vital to know.

Exactly. Assumption is the problem there, because I did. The point I was trying to make was that it is now "the norm" to learn how to such things as early as year seven, because, as I believe DatVu was conveying, such laws such as "s*x before sixteen is illegal" are being completely disregarded.

nfield wrote:
Also, can you please refrain from using that colour? It's annoying to read.

Funny, that is what the last note has ever been in each argument whereby I use that colour. Only Peanut_Lover has complained about that, and I think that it was because it is harder to read when quoting. I'll stop using the colour though.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:32 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

...as I believe DatVu was conveying, such laws such as "s*x before sixteen is illegal"...

Somewhat but not necessarily. I don't really condone making it illegal per se, mostly I feel the focus of s<b></b>ex education is misconstructed.

The Obsidian Wolf wrote:
Funny, that is what the last note has ever been in each argument whereby I use that colour.

If I understand what this means, it's an attempt to add insult to injury by attacking you personally. Partially a reason why we don't often have debates.

Last edited by DatVu on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Up yours young people! Damn you and your rock and roll eight-track tapes!

But seriously, I don't know what you're complaining about. I love being from this generation, apart from chavs but theres always something somebody doesn't like about their generation.

DatVu is right about the whole s3x thing though, when we were told about safe s3x last year, they were practically saying it was okay to do it before 16 :S

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alll I have to say is the world changes and people change. i should be a philospher :D Sorry I have trouble with big words

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't think bad of this generation not at all it's ok but not good. I mean most are corrupt always bad words which I don't like to mention. But now I change my mind this generation sucks.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:38 am
Profile ICQ
Illiterate
Illiterate

DatVu is right about the whole s3x thing though, when we were told about safe s3x last year, they were practically saying it was okay to do it before 16 :S

And why is it wrong?, I mean, as long as you and your couple are safe and not hurting anyone feelings there is no problem.

Maybe in a country like USA people are more concient about that, but in undeveloped countries, where the VHI kills hundreds of people every day learning how to use a condom can be very important.

And yes, this generation sucks.

In nomine....Diabulus et...Belial, Satan, Astharoth, Lucifer et Yahve.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!
In this side of the world, the older generation is worse than the younger. It's evolution here, not de-evolution.

The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302

Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

And the thing is not all kids are all 'I am a rapper and I will shoot you!' and have you once ever heard of kids around the ages of 9 too about 13 doing drugs or having se*,well I don't think you will ever hear that often if not rarely at all because it is the majority of teens are the ones who are doing these sorts of things.And this generation sucks.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Can we even judge a generation? There will always be good people and bad people, thats a fact. Right now the current Generation is pretty young to my knowledge. Can we judge them right now? I'm a member of the "current" generation, and I'm a complete idiot. That doesn't mean that I can't grow up, realize that I can act intelligent, and do something amazing. Anyone can!

I don't think that people should judge in Generations. I think if anything, that we should try to help the people that are giving us problems. But atill, just my opinion.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:47 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think if anything, that we should try to help the people that are giving us problems.

If people did this, we wouldn't have as many problems as we do. Compare other people's and your values and politesse to the generations of the early part the the 20th century or sooner:

Have you or anyone you know swear often in public? Do you listen to music with suggestive themes (drugs, s<B></B>ex, violence) or abusive language? Do you open the doors for women or older people, not just those you're with, but those who may be entering or exiting the same time as you? How often do you argue with your parents? Do you address all adults as Mr., Mrs., Miss, Ma'am, or Sir? What do you talk about at the dinner table? Do you stay at the table until everyone is finished? Is it appropriate to be alone with someone of the opposite s<B></B>ex, particularly behind closed doors, in a private setting? Do men take off their hats in every public building? Do you shake hands with everyone you meet for the first time? How often do you view violent or s<B></B>exual images in television or movies? When and how is it appropriate to kiss?

Though you may not be able to directly compare all these questions with now and then by common knowledge, it is quite obvious that etiquette and proper manners have certainly been lost as they were quite frequently practiced more often than they are today. This is just a simple comparison of the times, which is suffice enough to judge, even taking into account all of the topics that weren't mentioned (including them would only provide a larger case against), that this generation is worse than any previous generation. This has nothing to do with intelligence or what people choose to do with it, but what society believes is appropriate in manners or for the media.

Last edited by DatVu on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DatVu, if this generation the the worst yet, that means that the one before us was the second worst, before that was the third worst, but once the next generation comes along, WE'LL be second.

Society is just... changing.

Were the socities better in the 1920's when women stayed home all day, did the cooking, and cleaning, catered to their husbands? Was the right generation the generation that had African American slaves?

Each generation has it's faults.

We've lost the formality of earlier generations, there's no doubt about that. You're completely right about that part of it.

However, we've gained so much freedom, in it's absense.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I didn't ever claim that change has never brought some good. I used homose<b></b>xuality as a specific point in my first post. Abolishing slavery, women's liberation, and civil rights for blacks are good examples of positive change, but I wouldn't say that they counterbalance societies slip into regression. Moreover, we've "recovered" from these faults of the last generation, yet the "faults" of this generation don't seem likely to be solved within next generation or even the next three. As much as anyone could predict, law, technology, or simple acceptance with change to allow people to continue to do what they do now.

Last edited by DatVu on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next