It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Croc Hunter's life....cut short 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

If you want to reply to me, please don't quote me.

ok. I won't.

Steve Irwin was one of the greatest persons to ever lived. He lived everyday doing something exciting. How many people can say they live/lived a life like he has? It's sad that it happened though because he was such a good person, and you would never think of something like that to happen to such a great person, but things happen.

There will never be one like Steve Irwin again. May he rest in peace.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

My heart shattered when I heard the news.

My first thought was that it was probably just a big joke, you know.

But he's gone, leaving his wife and his two kids.

Yes, he did do some crazy stuff in the past, but he was so passionate in his work, and he has saved so much for the wildlife.

I am an Australian, and all I can do now is wonder who will replace him. Not for his shows, but for his work.

He was only 44, he still had a lot to go for, but this freak accident has costed him his life.

ZOMG Gymleaders all replying at the same time. CONSPIRICY?!

THIS USER FAILED FOR TINY TEXT

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:39 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Steve Irwin was an admirable man. When I first heard of his death, because of the place I got the information from I figured it was an awful joke, but I was obviously wrong. A lot of people would say that he "had it coming" because of his dangerous lifestyle, but hey, we all do eventually. At least he was brave enough to live his life on his own terms doing something he obviously loved. R.I.P.

Also:

Charly wrote:
My heart shattered when I heard the news.

My first thought was that it was probably just a big joke, you know.

But he's gone, leaving his wife and his two kids.

Yes, he did do some crazy stuff in the past, but he was so passionate in his work, and he has saved so much for the wildlife.

I am an Australian, and all I can do now is wonder who will replace him. Not for his shows, but for his work.

He was only 44, he still had a lot to go for, but this freak accident has costed him his life.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I shouldn't have written that bit. Now you guys just made me out like a fool.

Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Steve Irwin was one of the greatest people to ever live. He was never involved in a hollywood drama. Or any conspiricy(that we know of).I really can't belive he's gone. He was taken away from us too soon. But I personally find happiness in the fact that he died doing what he loves. If these a way to go that's the way. I personally will be taping the special that they run on Animal Planet. So here's to you, you insane croccidile wrangleing, snake chasing, nature enthusist..... Here's to you

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I guess he's wrestling 'gators in heaven.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:41 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I didn't knew him that good. I live in Holland, and sometimes he showed up in Discovery Channel. Right now I'm in a dip too, because my uncle just died. He was 83 anyway, so he may rest in peace too, just like Steve. Maybe they're talking together about crocodiles and sailing (my uncle sailed a LOT)...

But now I'm gonna say something wich makes u angry, but I think he was too , too, too FATHER to have a show where u wrestle with crocodiles and other deadly things that kill u. To think that his childs don't have a father anymore.
In my neighbourhood (or however you write it) it's a curse I think. The dad of my brother's friend died, the dad of my friend died, and another dad died, and they were ALL like 30-40...
Maybe their is a curse in Australia too.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:01 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Although it's quite tragic he's actually died, in my opinion he never respected animals. It always seemed to me like he was taking the mick out of and tormenting them.

As for him being Australia's most famous face, I would say that goes to Rolf Harris.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Although it's quite tragic he's actually died, in my opinion he never respected animals. It always seemed to me like he was taking the mick out of and tormenting them.

As for him being Australia's most famous face, I would say that goes to Rolf Harris.

Never heard of Rolf Harris.

I kinda agree with you though, I don't think he respected animals that much. Although I do feel bad for his kids.

I only saw him a few times, though enough to know stuff. We don't have Animal Planet. Whats the special they have?

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Tom wrote:

Never heard of Rolf Harris.

I kinda agree with you though, I don't think he respected animals that much. Although I do feel bad for his kids.

I only saw him a few times, though enough to know stuff. We don't have Animal Planet. Whats the special they have?

I'm afraid you're both wrong.

Steve Irwin never acted hateful or cruel to any creature, animal or human. In fact, he set up a couple of foundations to save the very animals that you keep saying he was so mean to. Yes, it might have looked as if he was a bit rough with the crocodiles, but, I'm sorry, if I was trying to help a huge reptile with razor sharp teeth and a tail that could break me in half, I would certainly get on his back where it wouldn't hurt him yet at the same time he couldn't hurt me.

As a matter of fact, do me a favor. Next time you see a crocodile, please, by all means go up to it, speak kindly, and pet it while you ask it to move. I'm sure that will be much safer for both of you. :roll:

I'm sorry, but I'm sick of people saying this crap about Irwin. He was an awesome man with a huge heart, and he deserves a little more credit than that.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry, I didn't mean it harshly. I'm not racist against him or anything, this is just my opinion, and I'm entitled to it.
I know he meant to help them, and he was a good person. But I think when he put his head into the croc's mouth and all, I kind of felt bad for it. It was probably scared and all that.

Again, I'm sorry if I offended you.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:30 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I'm not racist against him

This word...racist...I do not think it means what you think it means.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:25 pm
it's like a baguette

R.I.P.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

dragonite wrote:
I'm not racist against him

This word...racist...I do not think it means what you think it means.

It probably doesn't :roll: . What I meant was I don't hate the Croc hunter 'cause he's ugly or he likes crocodiles or whatever.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I can't believe the crocodile hunter died. :( How sad.

Still I'm glad he was here while he was here, he did a lot of good for the global community introducing people to the species we share our planet with and why they're not all as dangerous as most would believe.

Join the Cerise Island Pokemon forums! Users can buy their own items, partciipate in an mmorpg, guilds, create their own blog, and tons of other unique features. All with a great people and an active community.

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The man tormented animals, it was obvious.

Fair enough, I understand that he was trying to catch animals to give them treatment or whatever at times. But I've seen the way he handled snakes, he'd pick it up and get it to try and dash at him trying to bite him just for the entertainment value of those watching.

I respct that he wasn't scared of animals, but he literally did handle and torment them for longer than was necessary, thus stressing the animals. Creatures like crocodiles should be respected for their strength and the danger they pose, he got a kick out of confronting it, and ultimately the inevitable happened.

Last edited by Tom on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

He knew what he was doing. He had been catching Snakes and Crocodiles since he was nine years old. I don't believe he tormented animals. He did it for education. Not for kicks.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:50 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You obviously haven't watched enough of his programmes then, he once picked a snake up and held it by its tail for several minutes while it became distressed and started snapping at him. He had a bag in which to put it with him at all times. Pick up the snake and put it in the bag, don't irritate it for the cameras.

If people are going to engage in argument, that's fine, but I feel strongly on this issue and I do know a great deal about the man to be able to back up my own points of view.

He was killed by a stingray, one of the most placid creatures in the sea, they let you stroke them at aquariums in Britain.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For one I watched his programmes religously. On one incident maybe but he didn't do it frequently. You may know a lot about him but you don't know as much as he did. The reason he was killed was the stingray did it for self defense.

It's a time when Tiger Sharks are frequent and Stingrays would be on the lookout for predators.

There were cameramen swimming in front and Steve was swimming above. It probably felt threatened and reacted. There was no way Steve would have provoked it intentionally.

I know they let you stroke them since I live in Britain myself. Because they are used to humans in captivity. They are fed by humans so they aren't threatened by them.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You do realize of course that Irwin wasn't even "harassing" said stingray? He was swimming over top of it, where he thought it wouldn't even notice him, so that he could observe it without disturbing it too much. The damn thing did notice him, though, and it reached back and struck him in the heart. Experts are perplexed about this, too, because that's a very unusual pose for a stingray to try. Usually they'll swim away, but Steve was just near the wrong stingray at the wrong time.

Oh, and just to let you know, it was Steve Irwin who got me to stop harassing insects and small animals when I was younger. I saw an episode of his show in which he was handling a wild cockroach. After examining it, he placed it back on the tree he'd found it on, saying something along the lines of "Always remember to put nature right back where you found it so you don't disturb the environment. Off you go, little bugger..."

I have so much respect for that man, and it really bothers me that some people think he was mean or spiteful. That's just not who he was.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:05 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My comment is that whatever misdeeds he committed (and I can't think of very many), his conservation work far outweighs that.

BTW, isn't Rolf Harris British?

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No, he's just had the most success in the UK and never seems to leave...

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:59 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Tom, I've always felt the same way as you. I've always thought he teased those crocodiles and snakes. Always messing around with the crocodiles, I wouldn't be suprised if he got his head bit off, and I'm kind of suprised he hasn't already.

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

wouldn't be suprised if he got his head bit off, and I'm kind of suprised he hasn't already.

Err...you do know he's passed on, right? **sweatdrop**

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post lol
Great way to watch the news....But dont feel to bad I didnt know for like a whole day. :D

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next