It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Which of the 3 did you pick and which is best? 

What Starter Did You Get? (when you first Started R/S/E)
Treecko 25%  25%  [ 24 ]
Torchic 35%  35%  [ 33 ]
Mudkip 40%  40%  [ 38 ]
Total votes : 95

Which of the 3 did you pick and which is best? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Im starting my Sapphire Game and i wanted to know what starter is the best. this really isn't to choose but just to know... What starter did you pick? And do you still use your starter? I heard {treecko} s evolved form is better than {torchic} s even though grass<fire? Of course {sceptile} doesn't have 2 types but I Already had all the starters for FR/LG /S/E/ except {treecko} .
So who do you think is the best And who did YOU pick when you first started your R/S/E Cartridge ?

~ElectroBeer~

Sat May 19, 2007 9:39 am

Sat May 19, 2007 9:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It is cute and... cute.... and... water.... and.... *loves mudkip*

I picked mudkip because i love water Pokemon, it is cute and because mudkip is the better starter of all pokemon games.

(When I took it, i did not know than swampert was a pwning machine, but it's one!)

Sat May 19, 2007 9:58 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Mudkip's final form, Swampert, is Water/Ground. That means the only thing you need fear is Grass. He does have good attack power, but is none too fast. Signature move is Muddy Water. Pow 95, Acc 90, PP 10, learned by Marshtomp and up at lvl 42. Lowers accuracy if it hits.

Torchic's final form, Blaziken, is Fire/Fighting. He has above average Atk, SpAtk, and Speed, but below average HP, Def, and SpDef. Signature move is Blaze Kick, learned by Blaziken at lvl 36. Pow 85, Acc 90, PP 10, can burn and has high critical chance.

Treecko's final form, Sceptile, is pure Grass. He's pretty much well rounded, but his Speed smashes through the roof. Signature move is Leaf Blade. Pow 70, Acc 100, PP 15, high chance of a critical.

Myself I picked Treecko because of his appealing looks, and later on I pick him again and again for his great Speed and early sig move learn. Note if you pick Blaziken you will have trouble with Team Magma and Aqua, but if you pick Mudkip you should do fine against both. Treecko pwns Aqua, and doesn't do good against Magma (except for Baltoys).

- DNA

Sat May 19, 2007 11:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: I'm the guy outside your window with a sniper rifle and a little american flag.
I personally like Swampert. He is better against Fire pokemon than the Johto/ Kanto/ Shinou starters, but worse against the rival's pokemon :(

I have always liked Swampert, because he can school most in the first gym, the Lavaridge gym, he learns plenty of moves to be good against Phoebe of the Elite Four, and is good against hikers, kindlers, and Desert campers/pickinicers. Also, he can school in Wattaon's gym.

The ground type loses the partial resistance to water, but it's better than losing it to fire (like Empolian does with his steel type.)

I would pick Swampert but you have a choice.

Sun May 20, 2007 10:18 am
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

SO CUTE!!!!

Then I went into a competition with my friend and his brother. The rules were that you had to choose the starter based on your cartridge. I had emerald, which meant I needed treeko. It worked quite well.

But Swampert > Sceptile. Tanking, mixed sweeping, etc.

Sun May 20, 2007 12:47 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I think {swampert}is best since he learns EQ And hes got good moves EQ ,Surf ,Muddy Water , etc.. even thought my first choice (in Sapphire =a long time ago= was {treecko}

Sun May 20, 2007 3:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sun May 20, 2007 8:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Beating gold version 7 times in a row effortlessly.
Mudkip, As he evolves to Swampert, he becomes practically a staple BF member(for me at least), and can either sweep(take a hit, then blast 'em), or tank(Chesto Resto), and still be efficient with him. combined with curse, it's hard to take him down.

If anyone wants to trade me Protectors, Electrizers, or Magmarizers for stuff like Master Balls, Munchlax(s), or Starters(any gen) PM me.

Sun May 20, 2007 10:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

mudkip

Let's try to keep the one-word responses to a minimum. This is a discussion board, so let's try to generate some discussion.

Mon May 21, 2007 7:51 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think mudkips the best. though its a water type pokemon electric attacks wont work because its also a ground type pokemon. So thats a good advantage and its defence rox

Mon May 21, 2007 8:39 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I would normally pick torchic because crit chombusken kicks butt.
I chose mudkip recently because, with gardevoir's thunderbolt, it covers nearly all types with their movesets and I beat the elite four with just those two first try. With my torchic it was necessary to have 3.

I look forward to getting pearl/diamond because the little penguin dude turns into water/steel and it resistant against a whackload of types and is only weak to one!

Mon May 21, 2007 8:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I would normally pick torchic because crit chombusken kicks butt.
I chose mudkip recently because, with gardevoir's thunderbolt, it covers nearly all types with their movesets and I beat the elite four with just those two first try. With my torchic it was necessary to have 3.

I look forward to getting pearl/diamond because the little penguin dude turns into water/steel and it resistant against a whackload of types and is only weak to one!
3, water steel gets 3 weaknesses.

Mon May 21, 2007 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i picked torchic because My favourite type is fire and I also like torchic/blazikin. I don't care if they are weak against the first gym or the rival because 90% of the time I'm at stage 2 by the first gym/rival battle.

p.s. In G/S/C I tend to pick chikorita more, but no mater who I pick I get them to stage 2 by the first rival battle.

Fri May 25, 2007 3:46 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

For me it's MUDKIP(marshtomp-swampert) because beside from
being cute, MUDKIP is powerful with the combination of Rayquaza
because for me they're some of the best partners in Pokemon! :)

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Torchic! He'll strike down most of his opponents before they can even strike him. I give him Fire Blast or Overheat, Bulk Up, Earthquake, and Brick Break, which is replaced by Sky Uppercut, and he blasts almost every freaking pokemon in his way.

Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
I like Treecko more, because he looks cool and is powerful. But I always choose the fire starter, so I got Torchic (And taught it FlameThrower. Yay). It's now my strongest pokemon on Diamond (I aim to make it my first Lvl 100 - I don't have any yet!!)

8 D

Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:03 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Torchic. blaziken can sweep the elite four in ruby/sapphire if it is a high level. The only one that gives yout rouble is glacia, but you can get around her with blaziken

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
Yeah, I didn't think much of Torchic when I first started, since it resembled a fire breathing chicken. But then I got powned by a Blaziken.

So, I restarted Sapphire, and picked Blaziken. And guess what? I beat the Elite 4 with only two Pokemon. A Blaziken, and Kyogre.

Torchic=Beat game fast

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: The funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time!!
i can normally take the whole E4 with Kyogre alone, but Blaziken is quite useful if Kyogre faints

8 D

Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm....that is a real toughie.... it really depends on which one I want to use. The first starter I used on Ruby was {torchic} because I like fire. Next was {mudkip} because I wanted to see how good he is. The latest starter I've been using is {treecko} cause he pwns everybody

{sceptile} lv 67
Rock Tomb (kills flying)
Leaf Blade (water, ground)
Aerial Ace (grass, fighting)
Dragon Claw (dragon slayer)

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

before I lost my saphire ( :( ) I had a lvl 95 balziken, it knocked out EVERYTHING even strong water types couldent touch it.....man I miss it, Im stuck with swampert on Ruby now (I miss kyogre too)

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i am a true blaziken fan if i start my game over i always choose torchic. blaziken get so cool.

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i say mudkip because i used it to defeat my emerald and crush the elite four. also, in its last evolution, it gets rid of its electric weakness which is a pain in the neck for me. my friends zapdos cant beat me anymore.........so thats good news......... 8-)

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I picked all 3 using my sapphire as a restart (this also helps on the lottery you get different numbers on each one)

I got sets until I got females of all 3 and started breeding them, Im hawking them off to my friends for better stuff now

....I think im a breeder now

Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next