It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gosh, it's hard to test when all you're seeing are 00bes, CM Suicune, etc. Anyone using NetBattle? Then it'd be easier to test against each other.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once I get all the bugs finally worked out of my computer, I can give it another shot. It hasn't worked for me in the past, though.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Okay, a few comments first, haven't finished testing...

Hitmonop- Vulnerable to Burn, Poison, Sandstorm and Hail. Also loses advantage if opponent is faster (e.g. Jolteon) However, Toxic/Quick Attack managed to take out quite a few Pokemon.

Mr. Mime- Dead to Darks, and requires significant time. After first Petaya, you need to Recycle, Rest, Recycle, Rest, etc. till you decide to Psychic.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i have net battle and i'd be glad to test them

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:51 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sure. PM me, papersun, achilles or venumeleon if you're not sure which you should test.

EDIT: Okay, now we have two moveset testers. I've selected some for testing:

Venumeleon:
Hitmontop
Tangelas
Mr. Mime
Parasect
Pelipper
Dustox

leet for:
papersun's Metagross
Achilles' Pidgeot
Achilles' Ninetales
psycho_freak's Regiice

papersun and I will let you know if there are more to test. Happy testin'! :D

Last edited by sN0wBaLL on Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:57 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i use to have net battle or whatever it is but i deleted it off my computer -.- oopsie..

Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I thought I'd try something a little different...

Registeel @ Leftovers
Seismic Toss
Substitute
Rest
Psych Up

EVs in HP, split in Defense and SpDef. +Def or SpDef - SpAtk nature.

only way I can describe this is as a "Tank Trumper" If you send it out against a tank, you can use psych up and steal all the fancy Barriers and Amnesias that it either were passed to it, or were used by itself. you set up substitute, and while it sets up, you use either ST, or Rest so you'll be ready and at full HP. When you feel the opponents ready to start stalling, you use Psych up. You now have done all of his hard work in one turn, and you have an even better tank due to the already high defenses. you can proceed to seismic toss, or stall until they struggle themselves to death.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Looks good, maybe we can get psycho_freak to test it for us. For that nature, I think Impish or Bold . . . but I might have Bold confused with Calm. Lots of natures, after all.

Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tangela 1 and Parasect have been tested.

Tangela 1 is pretty fragile. It requires at least 2 or 3 Amnesias to get a decent Sp. Def, and you still have to set up Leech Seed and Reflect (although Reflect may be foregone, since Tangela has good Defense), so the opponent could pulverize you quickly if they're using a Special Sweeper. Although I suppose it might work against Tanks or Physical Sweepers, so I'll treat it as Anti-Tanker or Anit-Phys. Sweeper.

Parasect is okay, its defenses are well-rounded so it has a turn to Spore, and can then proceed with Screen and Aroma. It is still extremely vulnerable to Fire/Flying attacks, and HP Bug is not very successful (since Espy and Gardy are getting rarer and Zam usually has Fire Punch). A healing move is probably best, preferably Giga Drain or Rest (thus making it a Cleric-Tank, albeit weaker than Blissey).

Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~Calm Mind
~Ice Beam
~Flamethrower
~Thunderbolt

SweeperSparce. Now before you all label me as a n00b, a heretic, and a raving fool, let me say that I think this set can work effectively, especially with Serene Grace. Sure, it may be kinda slow, but 252 Speed EVs will make it faster than SOMETHING, and 252 SpAtk EVs will make it's Special Attack not bad.

Venumeleon wrote:
{parasect}@Leftovers
Impish
252HP, 129DEF, 129SPDEF
Light Screen
Aromatherapy
Return
Spore

Cleric-passer. Sort of. Set up Screen, Aromatherapy if you need to, sleep them, then either Return or switch.

We can make this work, somehow. Maybe if we tried HP Rock in there for Return, that would help out with Fires or Fliers. I realize we aren't gonna get any OHKOs, but it might make them think twice. But I'm not the one plugging it into NetBattle, I don't know how much Venumeleon has to change the DVs around to get a certain Hidden Power. But if HP Rock is a possibility, we may want to throw some Attack EVs that direction . . . maybe instead of 252 HP/129 Def/129 SpDef we can do 212 HP and give the other 40 EVs to Attack.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'd defintely try it. Parasect is one of those Pokemon who's extremely well-rounded in defenses (80 in both), so I suppose it can last long enough to HP Rock. I like it. More testing for Parasect then.

Dusparce looks nice. A little iffy, but possible to work around.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I made one up in the R/S discussion. Here it is in case you haven't already seen it there:

{scizor}@Leftovers
~Agility
~Leer
~Swords dance
~Baton Pass

Baton passer. (pass to a physical sweeper)

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Looks good, but how about a different type of dunsparce?

{dunsparce} @ Leftovers
Evs - Speed - 252 Attack - 252 Special Attack - 6
Nature - + Attack - Special Defense
Ability - Serence Grace
Body Slam
Headbutt/Rock Slide
Water Pulse
Screech

SweepAnnoyer.

WPM: I think you meant Iron Defense instead of Leer.

Last edited by RaichuLatias on Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

BPer Scizor is almost as standard as you can get. Pure standard would be HP Bug/Silver Wind over Agility. Sorry, but it needs more creativity.

And as to the Dunsparce, I like it better than mine, but we'll have Venumeleon try both. (Hope that's okay, Ven!).

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't really know what a "standard" is. I don't net battle. Heck, before I came here, I didn't know what paratractafusion was, I thought you were all sneezing. My standards for pokemon are pretty low.

Also, I changed it later to be better for a physical sweeper by lowering the opponants defense.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Standard set = any set you would be given in the Rating Center, or basically the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a Pokemon's moves.

Paratractfusion = Paralysis, attraction, and confusion all on one Pokemon. Makes the affected Pokemon's odds of getting a move off about 25% (or less, especially if some Flinching is involved).

Oh, wait . . . *rereads* you knew that. Okay, never mind. Oh, well, someone didn't know it.

For a non-standard Scizor, I would probably do something like this:

Sizor {scizor} @ Leichi Berry
Ability: Swarm
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, - SpAtk)
EVs: 212 HP, 129 Atk, 129 Def/SpDef, 40 Speed
~Substitute
~Reversal
~HP Bug
~Steel Wing

SweepOr. Sub until you activate Leichi, then Reversal and Sweep. Heck, consider this one up for grabs.

EDIT: Originally had Silver Wind in there as a move, then realized a Reversal/Silver Wind Scizor is most likely illegal! Replacing with HP Rock/HP Bug.

EDIT2: I realized that Subbing enough to activate Leichi will ALSO activate Swarm! Removing HP Rock as an option.

Last edited by papersun on Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tangela 2 was even worse than 1, since its attack stats were so pitiful and the length of the set-up took more than 6 rounds, enough for it to be taken out.

Hitmontop worked rather well, though Skarmory and Tyranitar really messed it up, Or rather, Steel/Rock/Ghost, but Tyranitar because of Sand Stream and Skarmory because it kept using Whrilwind before I Subbed. Still, it even took out a Blissey! It's pretty nice.

EDIT: Sure, Dunsparces added to testing list.

Testing list
Parasect
Mr. Mime
Pelipper
Dunsparces

I think that's it.

Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Venumeleon wrote:
{hitmontop}@Liechi Berry
Adamant
252ATT, 252SPD, 6DEF
Quick Attack
Endeavor
Substitute
Toxic

I'll add this Hitmontop to the list, then. And darn, I wanted those Tangelas to work. Oh, well.

Eagerly awaiting leet for's test results . . .

Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

was my registeel added to the list/tested?

anyway, I got one

Cacturne @ Leftovers
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
HP Physical (Ghost/Flying/Rock?)

252 Atk Evs, 128 Defense and Special Defense, Adamant nature

Self-Replenishing subpuncher. HP type that covers Fighting's resistances/immunities (Ghost, Psychic,etc.), or Cacturne's weaknesses (Fire, Fighting, Ice,etc.)

Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And yes, I was hoping for Tangela to work, but its Sp. Def really let it down.

Btw, did you notice the Tropius/Vaporean a few pages back?

Cacturne is rather common as an Annoyer/Subpuncher, but it's slightly creative with the inclusion of HP. Wait for papersun's word.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:01 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Yeah, I saw the Tropius and Vaporeon, but I didn't consider them creative enough. I'm fine with it if papersun thinks they are good enough though, since they look like they'll work fine in battle.

Anyway, here's a Nosepass.

{nosepass}@Leftovers |Bold|
EVs: 252 Special Defense 252 Defense 6 Hp
Toxic
Zap Cannon
Lock On
Rest

I've never approved of two-turn moves like Solarbeam without Sunny Day, Frenzy Plant and stuff like that, and Zap Cannon+Lock as well. But I was thinking of using this as a means to Toxic-shuffle and not to deal damage. For example, I inflict the opponent's Pokemon with Toxic. Then I start hitting it with 100% accurate Zap Cannon. Chances are, they'll switch out their Pokemon to something which is immune or resistant to Zap Cannon. Then you can start using Toxic all over again. So in a way this works like Toxi-Roar. Rest is there for healing, obviously.

Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{tropius}@Leftovers
Sassy
252HP, 129SPDEF, 129SPATT
Magical Leaf
Toxic
Whirlwind
Protect

Tropius is really too slow to be a Sweeper anyway, so, just made it a Toxishuffler. Once all opponents are Toxic'd, alternate between Magical Leaf and Protect to slowly whittle down.

{vaporeon}@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP, 129DEF, 129SPDEF
Acid Armor/Charm
Wish
Toxic
Ice Beam/Surf

Vaporean eats Special Attacks easily, and Acid Armor/Charm allows it to take a few Physical attacks too. Keep healthy with Wish, then blow them down with Ice Beam/Surf and indirect damage.

Are these the ones? I missed these before. I like the Tropius, since Tropious' low speed and attack diminish it's sweeping ability. Try it out, but I still think it'll work.

And for Vaporeon, could we try Rest over Ice Beam/Surf and make it a full-fledged tank? Rest + Wish = good. And 252 SD, 129 HP, 129 Def on the EVs, I think.

EDIT: Snow, I like the Nosepass, but I'm wondering if most things won't switch out after Lock-On?

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:51 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

EDIT: Snow, I like the Nosepass, but I'm wondering if most things won't switch out after Lock-On?

that's the point. It's either sit in there and take it, or switch out and give Nosepass fresh meat for toxic. Alternatively, Zap Cannon could hit, causing paralysis...

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:04 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Even if the Pokemon stays, it can get pummelled pretty quickly by Toxic and Zap Cannon's massive damage, plus the fact that it'll get paralysed. Nosepass also has good Defensive stats and can last quite a while, especially with Rest. If you think it may be possible, we can get Venu to try it too :D

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 58  Next