It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 58  Next
 Creative Movesets *Announcement over DP: see first post* 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{parasect}@Leftovers
Impish
252HP, 129DEF, 129SPDEF
Light Screen
Aromatherapy
Return
Spore

Cleric-passer. Sort of. Set up Screen, Aromatherapy if you need to, sleep them, then either Return or switch.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:00 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Nope, seriously I have nothing to say about Mantine, though it looks good. As for your Parasect, you can try Giga Drain over Return, if not you can use Rest instead of Aromatherapy, so as to add healing to it to make it more of a Cleric. Not creative enough for me though, unlike that Hitmontop. Real sorry about that, but it's just my honest opinion.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's okay. People are entitled to their own opinions. I was struggling to try and come up with something for Parasect's 80 def stats. If it learned Reflect, it'd be much better...

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Papersun, edit your first poat please, there have been many new applications. Or should I do it?

Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

lol, it isn't? Sorry, I don't really know many of the "standard" movesets. I actually wanted to do something similar for Relicanth, but it gets no attack boosting moves. And even that'd be somewhat standard, eh?

Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:49 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Papersun, edit your first poat please, there have been many new applications. Or should I do it?

I think we should let him choose which of the applications are actually creative enough to be put on the list, instead of adding them onto the list first. After all, he's somewhat the "official" creative moveset rater here, and he's also the author of this topic.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:00 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I thought so too, but, he has to add them a little more frequent.

EDIT:

Pidgeot@Letfovers
[Jolly nature]
252 Spd, 128 att, 128 Sdef
Toxic
Whirlwind
Aerial Ace
Return/HP ground

He has the stats to pull this off fairly good.

Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:22 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

It's the holiday season after all, so he's not around too often these days. We'll just have to bear with it for the time being. Nice Pidgeot anyway :D

Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm sure he will edit his post when he is done celebrating :)

Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<font color=ACEACE>Ok, I am going to have another shot at this, an Uber this time:

{regice}@Leftovers/ChestoBerry
[Bold Nature]
EV's: (HP - 252, Defense - 252, Sp Def - 6)
Amnesia
Counter
Rest
Toxic

Regice casts Amnesia a few times to maximize special defense, the opponent is then forced to use only physical attack since special attacks will do null damage. This opponent has then fallen into a trap when they attack, Counter will throw it back at them with twice the damage, pretty nasty. Toxic is for those stubborn ones who descide that they can defeat this giant using special attacks or start charging up and then attack, and Rest is for those people who think they can stall using Toxic. There is little that the opponent can do to stop it. Maybe if they had a Breloom use FocusPunch they could take him out, though still...

Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmm... I'm tired of all these Batton Passers that only pass Attack/Special Attack/Speed onto others. Maybe something like:(I think it can learn Baton Pass, haven't played in a while)
{gorebyss}@Leftovers
Amnesia
Iron Defense
Baton Pass
Agility/Rest
If you're like me, you'll keep it in there long enough to max out defenses and BP to a tank*CoughDusclopscough*. Rest is to heal and get in a few more stat-ups, but you could try using it to beef up sweepers I guess.

Sorry for the double pot, but how about an anti-tanking Houndoom?
{houndoom}@Leftovers
Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
Tormen
Taunt
Flamethrower/Crunch
Basically, Taunt them first turn, the Torment them so they can't use the same move twice in a row. Then you can attack or crippleize them.

Sorry for the triple post, but I decided to throw my in-game Sandslah in
{sandslash}@Bright Poweder
Adamant nature, Sand Veil trait
Sandstorm
Double Team
Sand-Attack
Filler ( I prefer Earthquake)
I think it is a super annoying set, especially when none of the never-miss moves are super-effective (Shock Wave won't touch it, Swift won't do much, Aerial Ace won't either)

Use the friggin EDIT button!
- Achilles

Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Psycho_freak's Regice: I like. Can make for a very annoying tank. Of course, you're vulnerable when Resting...

Slowpork's Gorebyss: Gorebyss is already used as a Baton Passer. Plus, you should have at least 1 attack like Surf so you have something in case Gorebyss's you last Pokemon.

Slowpork's Houndoom: This is nice. Similiar to my Arbok, but with the capability to do more damage.

Slowpork's Sandlash: This isn't creative, albiet annoying. Sandslashes are used as annoyers with Sandstorm and Brightpowder as they are with a physical sweeper using Earthquake and Choice Band. Not to mention you can't harm Flying types/Levitate. Which means Flygon or Skarmory is going to totally sweep you.

Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:28 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

psycho_freak's Regiice: Cool. I've always loved the Special Defense of this guy :D

SlowPork's Gorebyss: This is pretty standard for a baton passer.

SlowPork's 's Houndoom: Has potential, but what if a Surf or something KOs you in a turn? Or perhaps you meet my Wailord, who has EQ and Surf. Two different attacks, so Torment's not very useful in this case.

SlowPork's Sandslash: I do like the moveset, but I wouldn't consider it creative. It's just another evasive Sandslash, albeit one with slightly more evasive moves than usual (to be exact, three, leaving you with EQ, which is vulnerable, like Venumeleon said).

Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Back! Sorry, my computer has been having trouble the past week or so and I haven't been able to use the Internet. It's still busted, I'm at my grandparents' house at the moment; but my computer should be fixed soon.

As to the confusion about whether others should be able to edit my first post, I think I should point out that not ALL sets are necessarily worthy. We seem to be having trouble with nearly a dozen sets being on the table at once, and that's simply too many for me to research and rate. Thanks to Venmeleon and Snow for doing some rating in my absence. I do, of course, as I have pointed out numerous times throughout the history of this topic, welcome ALL input from others (so long as it's helpful, of course :P). PM me if there's some killer moveset I'm missing that should be on the list. It's a busy topic, after all.

Something grand on the horizon: Snowball and I will soon be unveiling a standard moveset guide for all the final-stage Pokemon in existence, as soon as my computer gets up and running again.

And maybe I just need to read further back in the topic, but I haven't seen much bowing and scraping in response to my recent promotion. *cough* mod *cough*.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here's a Dustox one:

{dustox}
Impish
252HP, 129DEF, 129SPDEF
Toxic
Light Screen
Protect
Silver Wind

Toxistaller. Light Screen works wonders with Dustox's good Sp. Def. Alternate between Protect and Silver Wind.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Something grand on the horizon: Snowball and I will soon be unveiling a standard moveset guide for all the final-stage Pokemon in existence, as soon as my computer gets up and running again.
I would have loved to help you guys on that.

Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I tried out my Mantine on NetBattle, and I was pleased to see it worked quite well. It managed to at least annoy quite a few Pokemon not called Skarmory/Blissey and those who didn't have Electric attacks. I also tried out Parasect, using Return instead of Giga Drain. It worked okay, especially seeing how I was able to Spore, Light Screen and Aromatherapy most of the times, then go with Return. And I was rather pleased with Parasect's survivabilty skills. The problem? Gengar. <_<

Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:17 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Can you test your Hitmontop and Tangelas, as well as Achilles' Mr. Mime? They look promising to me, though that Hitmontop can only work against a single opponent. Thanks :D

Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll try. I should have the results by, say... 2 days.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Awesome, I look forward to it. I will add the Mantine to the list, and, pending Venumeleon's test results, one of the Tangelas and most likely the Hitmontop. Mr. Mime looks promising as well.

And for that Parasect, could Silver Wind of HP Bug go in place of Return? That would hit Gengar and get STAB.

Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Papersun have you checked out my sets aswell?

Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You're gonna have to forgive me, Achilles, it's a busy topic with LOTS of sets on the table. It's easy to let a few slip through my fingers.

~Achilles' Pidgeot~
Well, I suppose I should point out that Attack and Special Defense could both have another EV (252+129+129=510). Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with it. HP Ground gets rid of the need for Steel Wing and covers Electrics and can score on Fires and Poisons, too . . . I like it.

~Achilles' Steelix~
Too standard, with EQ and Double Edge+Rock Slide.

~Achilles' Pelliper~
It's good, but I think we should have Venumeleon test it out. I alwas thought Pursuit was kinda risky; if you use it on a turn they DON'T switch out, odds are to me they'll figure out what you're up to and not switch out at all.

~Achilles' Alakazams~
I swore I rated THESE . . . *looks again* Yes, I did.

~Achilles' Ninetales~
Fire-type Toxitrapper . . . and I suppose we could throw a King's Rock on there for Flinching if we wanted to.

There you go, once again, forgive me. If anything else, if no one rates it, it means it's good. Bring it up again and SOMEONE will rate it.

And I was thinking this morning that I haven't come up with a set since Flygon, and that was a good long while ago. I'll be starting that back up, I guarantee.

EDIT: Oops.

~Venumeleon's Dustox~
I think this is another one that will go to the testers, but I like it. Unfortunately, lots of stuff pawns Bug/Poison.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry guys, haven't had the oppurtunity to go to NetBattle so the results will be late, say, around 7-8 hrs later (I have to go out).

Testing List
Hitmontop
Tangelas
Mr. Mime

And I'm going to re-try Parasect with HP Bug, Pelipper and Dustox.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:25 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Don't worry, we're not exactly in a hurry to get them tested. Take your time and tell us the results when you're ready.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Stole this set from a guy named TheAlmightyWynaut over on GameWinners (but he doesn't know :twisted: ).

Metagross {metagross} @ Shell Bell
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 SD, 252 SA, 6 HP
~Agility
~Thunderpunch (Emerald)
~Psychic
~Hidden Power *Grass*

Special Sweeping Gross! Pawns the Weezings, Skarms, and Swamperts people have trouble with sometimes. Agility makes it faster than a jackrabbit on a date (hehe stole that from A Christmas Story, forgive me).

EDIT: Adding the word "Emerald."

Last edited by papersun on Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 58  Next