It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Confirmed titles for revoloution 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

According to GI, (game informer for those who are slow)Nenetendo is reeasing a series of titles for the revoloution that include Super Smash Bros Melee, Legend of Zelda, Metroid Prime, Shadow the Hedgehog, and more.

PM me if you want to join the league of Shadow lovers!

Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:55 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i dont think u have the right to call us slow, your text was so full of spelling errors i literally became dumber by just reading it

im just kidding

the confirmed titles for the revolution include mario revolution, metroid prime 3, donkey kong revolution, zelda revolution, super smash bros revolution, and final fantasy: crystal chronicles revolution

Last edited by Ferrari on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i dont think that they'll have a donkey kong game for nintendo again because xbox now owns rareware and donkey kong is property of rareware.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:47 pm
Profile YIM
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

i dont think that they'll have a donkey kong game for nintendo again because xbox now owns rareware and donkey kong is property of rareware.

Rare was bought by Microsoft in 2002, and the first Donkey Konga came out in 2004. If Microsoft buying Rare meant no more Donkey Kong games for Nintendo, how were Donkey Konga 1 and 2 released?

Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:22 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Rare doesn't own Donkey Kong. Just because they help make some Donkey Kong games doesn't mean they own him.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Yeah, if Nintendo created the character (which they most definitely did in Donkey Kong's case), they can continue to use him or her. I suppose it depends on how much Rare really contributed to the games that decides whether or not they have rights to the characters - for example they own all the Donkey Kong spinoffs (Conker, Banjo, etc.) but not Diddy or Dixie at the very least. It's the same thing that happened with Super Mario RPG - Square used Mario, Bowser and Peach in the game but Nintendo still owned them afterward; Square created Mallow and Geno so they own them.

Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Since when has Game Informer been a credible source of information?

Omanlew wrote:

*Flames You*

~ Kamille Bidan (Zeta Gundam)

Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Any character from the Rare-made Donkey Kong titles is Nintendo's property, with the exception of the characters in Diddy Kong Racing that aren't Diddy Kong (Conker, Banjo, Tiptup, all of those guys.)

back on subject, though, I am especially excited about the new Super Smash Brothers and Metroid Prime (which I hope to God uses the gun mode for the controller)

Of course, I've never found GI to be the best resource on this stuff. In all honesty, Nintendo Power is most reliable in terms of release dates and titles, because, well, it's straight from the horse's mouth.

I don't read gaming magazines, though. (at least, I don't buy them)

Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]