It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:20 pm

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Hidden? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1)What is a hidden user
2)Thanks and BYE :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:17 am
Report this post
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A hidden user is a user who's name does not appear on the currently online list at the bottom of the forum index. People who use this are Frost, darkmind when she's on, and probably Amphy very soon lol.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:40 am
Report this post
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To select the Hidden User option, you simply need to go to your profile, and look for Online Status. From there you may do as you wish.

Keep in mind the Administrators (and Moderators with appropriate MODs installed), can still view you, so you cannot hide from them. :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:51 am
Report this post
is very close to getting banned

TonberryKing is always Hidden too. Amphy's the only Admin who admits he's online :P

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:55 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

TonberryKing is always Hidden too. Amphy's the only Admin who admits he's online :P

Before you were real active, TK used to always show himself online, then I started sending PM's about all kinds of errors and Psypoke stuff. I think I scared him away. :oops:

Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:07 am
Report this post
is very close to getting banned

Ah, before I was real active. Say no more :wink:

Its ok, TK.. You can come out - I wont bite. Come on, come on out, TK... I wont hurt you... come on...

Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:02 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Amphy's the only Admin who admits he's online :P

with the way you always are, CF, that may not be the way things are soon :P

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:38 am
Report this post
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

2)Instead of starting a new thread, I'll ask another question here. Why don't the E4 delete the 13 and 1/2 pages of users that don't have a single post? I mean they got to be taking up alot of memory.
3)Thanks and BYE :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:31 pm
Report this post
The Geek
The Geek

To answer your question, there are several reasons. For one, there's the simple matter of the fact that there are far better ways for the admins to spend their time. For another, on forums all over the internet you'll find countless people who never post; having an account allows them to keep track of posts that have or have not been read, and that's all they use it for.

Despite what the vast majority of the internet seems to think, forums do not exist simply to get the highest possible post count. Thankfully, some people understand this, and limit or completely refrain from posting all together. You can learn many things online, and you don't always have to comment on every single word you see.

Because of this, these accounts are left in place. Maybe most of those people don't use the accounts at all, not even just to read posts. But, that's still no reason to delete them, especially since there are far more important things to be done.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:35 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

sNOwBaLL told me awhile go (if I find the page, I'll link up) that many people only need to ask one question, and they're done. The E4 have better things to do than to waste their time posting like I do :D

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:36 pm
Report this post
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1)Oh, well thats all this permanent newb has to say for now, so this can be locked.
2)BYE :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:03 pm
Report this post
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

The problem with admins being visible is that when peopl see we are online, they see it as an instant reason to send us a PM. They don't realise that we get all the PMs they send us even when we're not online. It's damn annoying when you're trying to browse the forums and *POP* another new PM.

Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:58 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]