It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Finding the legendary dog easily 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Is there a way to find the legendary dog in FR/LG easily?

I tried taking it from my collosseum and doing a link battle but he wasn't recorded in my pokedex.

Can anyone also tell me if you take an Entei from one game where you caught him and trade him to a game where you haven't caught him yet (but you did start with bulbasaur so give time you could) what would happen to the one in the game that you haven't caught. Does he disappear or does he still exists in the game and since he is now in the pokedex can be tracked?

Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<font color=ACEACE>There is no magical way though there are ways that can help.

First if you have a Pokemon that is on level 49 and then use a Repel you should only run in Entei if it is in the right area. If you don't run into him for about a minute you have to leave the area and then return.

The best way to find him is to find someone who already has Entei and then trade it across and then back again. Entei will appear in you Pokedex and if you click the 'Area' thing it will should you where it is.

Here is how it moves: If you move from Route to Route or City to Route or vice versa, it will usually move to a Route next to it. If there are 3 Routes connected to that Route it will Randomly pick a Route to go down. If you use Fly or Teleport or save and exit the game it will move to a completely new area, though it you are very lucky it may look like it hasn't moved. The best area to stay is Cerulian and Saffron. Once you are in the same area, save your game and start searching.

I don't know if this is certain though it seems to be right. Be patient and good luck.

Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Stryker_02 wrote:
Can anyone also tell me if you take an Entei from one game where you caught him and trade him to a game where you haven't caught him yet (but you did start with bulbasaur so give time you could) what would happen to the one in the game that you haven't caught.

Actually you can't trade any pokes 152-386 or Eggs until you get the National Dex in the game.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:21 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

<font color=ACEACE>The best way to find him is to find someone who already has Entei and then trade it across and then back again. Entei will appear in you Pokedex and if you click the 'Area' thing it will should you where it is.

Your sure this won't cause the game to think if caught the Entei from my game and erase him?

Because if not I have one from my Colosseum game.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

RaichuLatias wrote:
Stryker_02 wrote:
Can anyone also tell me if you take an Entei from one game where you caught him and trade him to a game where you haven't caught him yet (but you did start with bulbasaur so give time you could) what would happen to the one in the game that you haven't caught.

Actually you can't trade any pokes 152-386 or Eggs until you get the National Dex in the game.

No. you cant trade until you get the machine that celio is working on to work. therefore ruby and sapphire hunting is in order. and then you can trade.

Name: Jon
Friend Code: 4167 6012 5676

Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

MoltreZ wrote:
RaichuLatias wrote:
Stryker_02 wrote:

No. you cant trade until you get the machine that celio is working on to work. therefore ruby and sapphire hunting is in order. and then you can trade.

I know that. I have the national Dex.

What I want to know is what would happen to Entei in FireRed that I haven't caught if I trade Entei from Colosseum to FireRed? Will he still be there and now I can track him, or does he disappear?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MoltreZ wrote:
RaichuLatias wrote:
Stryker_02 wrote:

Really? I traded my R/S Pokemon from my Leaf Green to my Fire Red after I got the National Dex and before the Gem hunting.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

RaichuLatias wrote:
MoltreZ wrote:
RaichuLatias wrote:
Stryker_02 wrote:

Really? I traded my R/S Pokemon from my Leaf Green to my Fire Red after I got the National Dex and before the Gem hunting.

ya you just can't trade with R/S till you get the gems, but you can still trade the pokemon from R/S from FR/LG if their there. It just won't let you connect to R/S.

Somone must have tried this trading to track thing I'm asking about and so knows the answer I seek?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok I've got a new problem that I need anwsered.

So today I finally ran into Entei but while fighting him he used roar to escape, and we I check his pokedex entry to find him it says "area unknown" even though I didn't kill him.

So what does this mean? Does it mean that for some reason Entei is gone and I can't get him anymore? Or is this something common with Entei and just can't track him.....even though I could track my Suicune in LG.

Now I really need an answer to this one (preferably today) because if he is now gone I'm going to restart my game.

Also to my original question, here is another explaination for those of you who keep bringing up the national dex. Lets say I take my Mewtwo from my completed LG and trade it to my brand new (just left Pallet Town) FR game. What would happen to the Mewtwo in FR? Will the uncaught Mewtwo still be in FR or will he disappear because he is already in my pokedex or will he still be there when I go to catch him (and in the case of the dogs now show his location)?

Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mewtwo will still be there. just like entei should still be there. you can have two of each pokemon. theres no rule where you cant have two of the same pokemon. on your pokedex. it should say where entei is. and with mewtwo... he'll be waiting for you in the cerulean cave once you beat the elite four. so dont worry about it. =)

Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mewtwo will still be there. just like entei should still be there. you can have two of each pokemon. theres no rule where you cant have two of the same pokemon. on your pokedex. it should say where entei is. and with mewtwo... he'll be waiting for you in the cerulean cave once you beat the elite four. so dont worry about it. =)

thanks. That answers my original question.

Now anyone have any idea what that area unknown deal is about? I didn't even cause any damage to him.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Now anyone have any idea what that area unknown deal is about? I didn't even cause any damage to him.

So you mean you traded Entei and have its Pokedex entry, but in the "Area" part, it says "Area Unknown"? Or am I just plain wrong? :?

I believe you should still be able to catch Entei in your game even if you have its Pokedex entry already.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:27 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

hmm... it shouldnt say area unknown. somethings wrong. once you encounter entei... you should be able to see which area he is in if u havent captured it yet. so... im sorry. but i have no clue as to whats wrong. :x

Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hmm... it shouldnt say area unknown. somethings wrong. once you encounter entei... you should be able to see which area he is in if u havent captured it yet. so... im sorry. but i have no clue as to whats wrong. :x

Damn.....I though so. Well I'm goign to restart my game then.

But hey thanks for the answer to my first question. I'm going to do that with my colosseum Entei next time around.

Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:38 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Your welcome dude. just here to help and be helped. =)

Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:47 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]