It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:13 am

Forum rules

It's not called THE BIG THREAD THAT ANSWERS ALL YOUR QUESTIONS for nothing. Use it!

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 I have a question.... 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was just wondering what web host Amphy used to create Psypoke because I want the website for Pokemon United to look really nice because all the other web hosts are too hard for me.If someone knew that would help :)

-PMUSA

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:27 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:41 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Not to be rude,but do you guys pay for it?

Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:40 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

In the hypothetical situation that I was part of a team of four who created Psypoke, no, we didn't pay for it. Geocities (and coincidentally, Gamespy) are free. However, we had to pay for software like MS Paint, Notepad, Macromedia Dreamweaver and Photoshop.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:34 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You mean you made the layouts,icons and all in MS Paint? And doesnt MS Paint and Notepad come free with almost every PC?

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:39 pm
Report this post
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

Well the cost is included when you buy a PC. You still have to pay for Windows XP, which has Notepad and MS Paint.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:11 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I apllied for gamespy hosting if that's ok with you guys(Just incase you think that i'm theiving or copying)

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:15 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

I seriously cannot understand why you still insist in trying to copy us.

Be warned: we will not tolerate stealing in any way when you get your site up and running.

Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:03 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
is very close to getting banned

He's not kidding, PokemasterUSA. You copy this place in any way, shape or form and you are gone. Just ask Kryten and kryten2x4b...

But, really, I have to ask - why do you want to make your own place when Amphy and the others have done such an awesome job on this one? It's like the lazy way out - all we have to do is make intelligent posts, enjoy people's company and be thankful for the authorities. No work needed! There's no point in another Pokeforum when there are so many already. You can if you want, but if you are faithful to Psypoke and to Amphy, Tonberryking, Frost and Darkmind then you will keep it original

Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:41 am
Report this post
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Agreed with CF. There's this one forum, sorry, I must say it, The Elite Four, and it's the exact same forum. The only difference is between the colors and the host. The boards are identical. What's the point of having a different forum, where you enlist people from the original site, to talk about the topics that the original site had been discussin for years?!

Now, I have a forum myself, but it's nothing like this forum. Actually, it's not even about pok

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:12 am
Report this post
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Be warned: we will not tolerate stealing in any way when you get your site up and running.

No,I mean using the same host,not your info on pokemon I'll get it from either gamespy,nintendo power(magazine),serebii,pe2k,pokemon/nintendo official websites,and other stuff.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:50 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Amphy wrote:

No,I mean using the same host,not your info on pokemon I'll get it from either gamespy,nintendo power(magazine),serebii,pe2k,pokemon/nintendo official websites,and other stuff.

Why do you insist you make a Pokemon website? Psypoke is unbeatable. No questons asked. I would give up now to prevent "accidents".

Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:36 pm
Report this post
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Come on, people, just leave the guy alone! He wants to make his own Pok

Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:04 pm
Report this post
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I suppose I could construct a very nice reply.

Amphy Clearly Stating ASbout Other Pokemon Sites wrote:
This is a stern warning. It will only apply to a few of you.

We have received word, that some people are trying to create a Pokemon website similar to Psypoke. While we cannot stop people doing this, we will ensure that our hard work is not just stolen. To use information, images or anything else found on our website on your own website without prior consent is stealing. If you do this, the first thing we'll do is contact you asking you to remove them. Failure to do so will result is a ban from the site, forums and chats, and an email to your ISP.

We do the hard work, it's already online, why do people need it on your site when it's already on ours?

Secondly, the recent replication of our forums. There have been two instances. We've worked hard to build the forums up, and it is upsetting when people blatantly rip them off. The only thing this tells us is that people are trying to sabotage what we've made, and bribe other members to go to their forums by offering admin and moderator positions. In this instance, nobody will be banned, but if it happens again, we will have no reservations about banning the people involved.

Pokemon United should not be excluded from this. I agree, it's a good idea, but I think we should keep it here at Psypoke. I'm sure Amphy wouldn't mind. People spread across the world, (Nido, Amphy, Truestar, sNOwBaLL) are not going to join a site like that. Those were merely examples. I've seen the Forums at Pokemon United, half of it is the same thing here. Not necessarily titles, but the same basic structure of discussion.

Amphy wrote:
IF THE PSYPOKE FORUMS DIDN'T EXIST - WOULD YOUR FORUM LOOK ANYTHING LIKE IT DOES? ARE YOUR IDEAS ALL UNIQUE AND THOUGHT UP BY YOURSELF?

Amphy made an excellent point. I'm sure Pokemon United would have never existed if Psypoke didn't. The idea was created here, the inspiration was found here. If Psypoke didn't exist, I'm sure niether would Pokemon United.

Tom wrote:
This forum is highly succesful because an excellent website supports it. People visit this popular site and are naturally drawn to register on its forums.

In all honesty, I don't think Pokemon United has a chance. If it was even going to be considered good, it would need all the information Psypoke has. 1. That's stealing 2. What the he** is the point anyway?

Tom wrote:
I find it likely that some people are setting up forums because they want a 'quick fix' forum that will be swarming with people overnight, you can then take pleasure in banning people and using the powers you get by owning your own board.

I am 100% certain, this played at least a .1 percentage in it. If half of every thing is already here, the half Pokemon United copied would be created, just for control. There is no doubt that small percentage played a part.

Chimaerax wrote:
what you're doing is simply trying to make a forum almost identical to psypoke with similar topics and you advertise on this forum for people to join. in fact, many of your members are from psypoke. wow great, then you go and discuss the same topics WITH THE SAME PEOPLE ON A DIFFERENT URL. does that make a lot of sense to do? sorry, rhetorical question: NO.

GREAT piece of text here. It is the point of the other quotes. Half of Pokemon United's forums are similar to the ones here! Hence when Chimaerax stated: THE SAME PEOPLE ON A DIFFERENT URL. It just doesn't make any sense!

IF POKEMASTERUSA AND MYUUTSUU ARE NOT CAREFUL, POKEMON UNITED WILL FAIL MISERABLY. All of the above should say it all. That is why I say, quit while you are ahead, or in this case, quit while you are on the good side of Psypoke's Admins.

I am not sucking up either. I would hate to see anybody else (that I like) banned. The ban feature shouldn't have to be used. Yet, when things like this happen, Administrators WILL NOT HESITATE to click in the "Ban Control" category.

With this post, I announce my participation in any other Pokemon websites has now ceased. I cannot run the risk of my dreams being crushed. I hope someday I will be a great veteran of Psypoke. And possibly a Moderator. However the
Amphy wrote:
but if it happens again, we will have no reservations about banning the people involved.
part bothers me. I cannot risk everything I have worked for. I strive to be the best member I can be, this will lead to my greatness. Participating in other Pokemon sites, is wreckless.

I suggest Pokemon United gets some originality, and quick.

And I suggest others in my position, do the same as I am.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:05 pm
Report this post
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If Myuutsuu wasn't running his website under the terms, would he still be a moderator of THIS forum?

If I can remember, PokemasterUSA clearly said he wasn't going to steal anything from Psypoke. Plus, if he tries to copy Psypoke Forums or the website, people will know. And it would be frowned upon. I guess there wouldn't be many joiners, even with bribing.

Its up to him to be creative, and if he, or any other member, put the toe out of the line, we all know what will happen to them here. So if they consider Psypoke so much, would they risk their accounts here copying the website, for nothing?

I didn't know all that mess happened because of Forums and Websites. But I know its people's decision to join a forum or not. My point is, its up to PokemasterUSA, or Myuutsuu, or anyone else, to try to make their website, at least, as good as Psypoke, without needing to steal or copy anything. The Admins already warned about everything, so there's no point telling the person "your website is sh&* compared to mine/ours/whetever, give it up".

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:43 pm
Report this post
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd like someone to lock this topic because is just a huge argument over nothing really.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:46 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM WWW
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

So you'll steal it from them instead? I highly doubt that they're going to let you take their info either, and I'm sure the webmasters of Serebii and Pe2k spent a lot of their own time on their sites too.
The problem is this - based on what you did with the forums. You copied our forums. There's no doubt about it. You then claimed, you didn't copy, despite the fact you had the same categories, the same forums, in the same order, with the same ranks and so on.
If you copy the site, I can just already see you arguing you didn't copy. Copying includes: copy/pasting text from the site, using sprites, icons, pictures, any raw data, and so on. If you are going to make your own site, you're going to have to do it the same way we did - get the games, and get the info out of them. I seriously doubt that that is what you are doing.

Galar wrote:

Come on, people, just leave the guy alone! He wants to make his own Pok

Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:29 pm
Report this post
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Alright, alright, I understand the situation. Its more than just about "wee, we have a pok

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:58 pm
Report this post
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Amphy and Truestar, thanks for teaching me that lesson, I'll remember all these things before registering anywhere in the internet again. And sorry about my last replies on this topic, I'm actually feeling really stupid now. I shouldn't've said anything in the first place. >_<

I hope we can keep our friendship strong as it has been though, well, not that it was immense or anything but you know what I mean. :P

Another thing about the thread remaining open, not only is this a serious matter, but this shows how people can argue and not neccessarily "flame" each other. Look at Galar and I, we were defending our points, and backed them up with information. We had an intelligent discussion, and we didn't result to any childish or out of hand. :) I think that's something to take note of. 8)

And Galar, don't feel stupid, feel free to openly defend your point of view. I and I'm sure others respect that. I thoroughly enjoyed this discussion. :)

Anyhoo, Amphy's really summed it up, quite well too. :twisted: :P

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:24 pm
Report this post
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Galar wrote:

Amphy and Truestar, thanks for teaching me that lesson, I'll remember all these things before registering anywhere in the internet again. And sorry about my last replies on this topic, I'm actually feeling really stupid now. I shouldn't've said anything in the first place. >_<

I hope we can keep our friendship strong as it has been though, well, not that it was immense or anything but you know what I mean. :P

Another thing about the thread remaining open, not only is this a serious matter, but this shows how people can argue and not neccessarily "flame" each other. Look at Galar and I, we were defending our points, and backed them up with information. We had an intelligent discussion, and we didn't result to any childish or out of hand. :) I think that's something to take note of. 8)

And Galar, don't feel stupid, feel free to openly defend your point of view. I and I'm sure others respect that. I thoroughly enjoyed this discussion. :)

Anyhoo, Amphy's really summed it up, quite well too. :twisted: :P

Yeah, we didn't get out of hand. :) I know what you mean about our friendship, and thanks for understanding, Truestar. :wink:

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:30 pm
Report this post
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well I posted in this topic yesterday but apparently it was deemed too harsh. So anyway, I just wanted to say that I agree with everything Amphy's said in this topic.

If you're going to make your own Pokemon site/forums, first think about how much work was put into this site. Then think about how you would feel if Psypoke was your site and people were ripping you off. Wouldn't feel too good now, would it?

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:02 pm
Report this post
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]