It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PokeQuest Your Journey Begins Again 
is very close to getting banned

This is a story based on the RP PokeQuest Your Journey begins. Seeing as the RP doesn't move fast enough for my liking, I'm going to use the characters from it in a story of my own, with the same base storyline. Hope we like!

<center>I. A Slight Beginning</center>
"Well...this is pretty much it, Soni." Dakota took a breathe and looked around. She was standing in a clearing in a lush green forest, sunlight spilling through the branches and the faint buzz of distant Bug Pokemon in the air. Her faithful Pokemon and loyal friend Soni hovered in the air beside her, his silky blue fur shining in the late afternoon sun. They had arrived on Tohjo Island just half and hour ago, and had journeyed into the forests to have a look around.

Suddenly they heard a noise. It sounded like a cry for help. There was a roar, and the sound of metal scraping loudly on rock. then another cry. Dakota looked at Soni, hoping that she wouldn't have to face another human, but Soni's mind was made up. Whipping his tail, he turned and flew towards the source of the commotion.

As Dakota ran after Soni, neither of them noticed the dark figure lurking in the trees behind them. The tall figure smiled slightly, before turning and vanishing into the trees.

Oh man. Thought Dakota. I'm not up to facing someone, even with Soni. I'll help them and then leave. she decided. With her mind made up, she followed Soni into the large clearing. Standing in the tall grass was an angry Ursaring, and lying in front of it was a boy.

Hey, thought Dakota He's kind of... ROOOARRR!!! The Ursaring reared up and flailed its massive paws. Dakota reluctantly reached for her waist.

"Honeypaw, use Charm!" The little Teddiursa sprang over to the huge bear and began to piruette cutely in front of it. It growled softly, and then lowered itself to four paws and lumbered away. Dakota watched it go and then nervously approached the boy.

"That Teddiursa's no gonna evolve and attack me, is it?" he asked anxiously, brushing his brown hair out of his eyes.

"No. Honeypaw is well trained, and besides, she doesn't want to evolve yet, do you girl?" Dakota knelt down and caressed the little bear. She tried to conceal how nervous she was - she hadn't talked to another human for over a year, after all. Pulling out a Luxury Ball, she returned Honeypaw.

"Oh good. C'mere Skarmory." the boy called. There was a silver flash as a large and shining Skarmory flew over to him. He ran a hand soft along one of its glistening wings, and then recalled it back to its Ultra Ball.

"I'm Covan." he said, turning back to Dakota. "Thanks for saving me."
Dakota studied him closely, not sure if he was serious or not. He was a bit taller than her once he stood up, with longish brown hair and big blue eyes. She noted that he had six Pokeballs on his waist of assorted varieties.

"I'm ... Dakota" she said hesitantly. Soni flew up closer to him and chirruped happily.
"Hey - is that yours?" When Dakota nodded, he looked awed. "Whoa - that's pretty cool." She's kind pretty Covan thought to himself. I wonder if she'll be hanging around here...

Suddenly there was the sound of a voice speaking over a PA. "Attention, Trainers, there have been reports of Team Aqua and Magma members in the vacinity, please report to the Stadium immediately."

Dakota looked around. "Who was that?"
"Professor Powell. She's in charge of the PBCs here on Tohjo."
"The PBCs? Whats that?"
"Its a tournament for Trainers."
Dakota glanced behind her before replying. "You should get to the Stadium. Soni, lets go to Tohjo Falls. We'll find Team Aqua there." Without waiting for his reply, Soni flew around her. In a flash of blue light, they were gone.

What a weird girl.. Thought Covan as he headed towards the stadium.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:42 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I like it. I really like it. I'm not a fan of fanfic (an alliteration type-thingy but not!), but I like it. Nice job. :wink:

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Last edited by Swift on Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Me like. Good work. Can't wait for the next installment. >_<!

9/10

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Loading... Connection cannot be found. Please refresh the page.
Luv it. nice work. And finally a Professor without a tree name! XD 8.9/10

</center>

Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:45 am
Profile ICQ YIM

Yeah, you gotta love the non-tree-Professor. For a different version of this story by many authors, don't hesitate to read PokeQuest Your Journey Begins in RP.

<center>II. A Spot Of Team Trouble</center>

"Hmm...Nobody-" Soni began to chirp and squeak. He flew over to an upturned boat and turned to Dakota.
"Good work, Soni!" Lying beneath the boat were 2 Aqua Grunts. "Now, get out here or I'll-" Dakota stopped mid-sentence. The Aqua Grunts were tied up! "Why are you 2 tied up?" she asked them quizically.

"The Boss turned against us!" One of them whimpered. "Come, untie us." The other rasped. Dakota looked suspicious. "Only if you give me all of your Pokeballs." The two looked at each other. "Ok." agreed the one with the raspy voice. Dakota carefully walked to them and pulled away their belts. She then slowly untied them.

THWACK!! One of the Grunts leapt up with the speed of a Crobat and delivered a blow to her head that sent her reeling back. "No!" she whispered as she fell. The other Grunt leapt at their belts and put his back on, pulling off a Net Ball as he did.

"Come on out, Crawdaunt!" he rasped. He sent out a jet of light that formed into the huge red shellfish. Soni flew forward, glowing an angry blue. The Crawdaunt sent a stream of bubbles past him and into Dakota.
"Soni! Back to the Pokemon Centre!" she cried.

"No!" cried the Grunt. "We want that Mew!"
"Myuuuuhhh!!!!" Soni squealed as he flew towards Dakota, the Crawdaunt in hot pursuit. The Crawdaunt roared and began to charge up a Hyper Beam.

Soni flew quickly to Dakota and swept around her. As the Team Aqua Grunts roared in defeat, they teleported to the Pokemon Centre.

<center>* * * * * * * * * *</center>

"I'd better call Sarah." Professor Powell said in distress. "With all three Teams here..." Sarah was her niece, a Pokemon Champion who lived in Hoenn.

RING RING "Hello?"
"Sarah? Are you still in training to become a Pokemon Ranger?"
"Nah, I finished last year. I'm a Ranger on Route 119."
"Kudos. Do you have the power to arrest someone?"
"Yeah, in my Route."
The Professor thought for a moment. "Okay, I need you to come down to Tohjo. There's trouble."
"What..?"
"I'll explain when you get here."
"Okay then, see you in a bit." Sarah hung up and ran outside. "Come on out Swellow, we've got a long flight." Releasing the bird Pokemon, she lept on as her Swellow took flight.

Professor Powell turned back to the PA. "ATTENTION ANY TRAINER THAT IS NOT IN THE STADIUM IN TEN MINUTES COULD GET ARRESTED SO REPORT BACK NOW. YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES"

Covan saw a blue flash as they teleported away. "Dang - Aqua, Magma, and the Rockets". Covan was former member of Team Magma. After a plan gone haywire, he quit, and left to become a trainer. "I have to go, they will pull something stupid in there." He sent out his Skarmory. "Fly me to the Pokemon Center". He hopped on and in a manner of seconds they landed in front of the Center. He ran quickly to the Professor's Lab to get his Metagross - it would come in handy.

Running back to the Pokemon Center, he wondered what his old Team was up to this time. He threw open the door and sent out his Typhlosion. "Typhlosion, sweep with flamethrower." ROOOOOAR!! He sent out a stream of flames and knocked the Team Member Members onto the ground. One of the Magma Admins jumped up and looked at him in quizical amazement. "Covan? Is that you?".

Covan was nervous. Crap they still recognize me!

"Numel, use ember!" A Numel on the far corner of the room shot little red pellets at typhlosion. It hardly did any damage, but Covan was still nervous. What if the profeesor found out? What evryone found out? What if he was put in jail for the scheme gone haywire if they found out?

Suddenly he heard the announcment. He knew he should leave, but he had to stop them first. "Typhlosion, use earthquake". His Typhlosion lept into the air and came down with a crash, sending shockwaves along the ground towards the Magma's Pokemon.

The Magma Admin growled in frustration. "Numel, use that piece of charcoal that i gave you." It swallowed up a big piece of coal. "Now, evolve!" The Numel started glowing brightly. It grew larger and mounds of rock solid bone and rock formed on its back. Its scratchy fur turned a deep red and rings formed on its side.

Covan stared in horror as the newly evolved Camerupt reared up and roared. Forget it, it's not worth it . He ran out the door , his Typhlosion following him. "Arbok use glare!" He felt a tingling on him. then he froze. He couldnt move at all."Cant... move." He was scared. He didnt want to go to jail.

Covan tried to move, but he was solid. He could barely move. He reached for his backpack, but felt stiff. His knapsack fell out. He fell on top of it and felt even stiffer. He then opened up his Berry Pocket. Great, only a Chesto Berry he thought. He seemed doomed. "Typlosion, break out of it." His Typhlosion shook himself, and seemed to shake it off. "Run, take my Pokeballs with you, if i go to jail, at least i know you will be free". His Typhlosion seemed to move very slow. It ripped off its belt with its mouth, and walked. "Go to Mt. Tohjo". It walked off very slowly, reluctant to leave its master. Glancing back one last time, it then disappeared into the woods.

Covan tried to get up, but he couldnt.
"Poliwhirl, use hypnosis!"
He saw a blue swirl coming at him. He felt drowsy, and then started to fall asleep. "No, i cant". He grabbed the Chesto Berry with his teeth. He bit it, and swallowed it. He was wake, but he still couldnt move. He knew the rangers were coming soon. He felt alone, and doomed.

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:08 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I need to save these in a file somewhere. I love your work 9.8/10. They keep getting better and better. Do you actually write as you go, or have you already written down and you just post them?

</center>

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:14 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

Most of it is already written in the RP PokeQuest Your Journey Begins, see there for the original story. I've just adapted it and I'm going to take it in a slightly different direction

Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I like this story a lot.I put it in my Favourites list. :D

Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:50 am

<center>III. Meet the Ranger</center>

"Covan!" Dakota ran to him and knelt next to him. "Are you alright?"
"Well, well, well, who's this?" scowled a voice. Dakota looked up to see a Magma Grunt glowering at her, a scowling Quilava next to him. "Quilava use-"
"Bubblejet, Surf!" Dakota hurredly sent out her Vaporeon, who sent a wall of water crashing down on both the Grunt and his Pokemon.
"Quilava, return." he growled. "You've not seen the last of us." With that, the Magma Grunts stormed out of the building, pushing past Dakota.

Covan pulled out his Pokenav and began to call Professor Powell.
"We have to get to the Stadium! I'll call the Professor and tell her where we are." he said.
Dakota smiled slightly. She was beginning to really like this boy. "No need." With another flash, Soni swept around the both of them and they were gone.

"This is Pokemon Ranger Sarah." Professor Powell said, gesturing behind her. "She will be taking a group of three people to Mt Tohjo to take on the Teams that are there. Could I have a show of hands for volunteers, please?"

Covan blinked and glanced around. He was standing in the Stadium next to Dakota, who was watching the stage at the front where the Professor and a tall girl in a Ranger uniform were standing.
"Weird.." he muttered. Suddenly he heard a snort behind him. "Typhy!" he cried happily. His Typhlosion nosed him and placed his Pokebelt on the ground next to him. "Thanks, pal."

"You there, at the back, with the Typhlosion? Could you come up here please?"

"Uh oh" Covan muttered. He walked slowly up to the stage with his Typhlosion folllowing him faithfully.

"Would you like to help us? We'll need strong Pokemon like yours." Sarah gestured to Typhlosion, and then looked at him for his answer.
Covan was relieved that he wasn't in trouble, and readily agreed. Turning around, he beckoned to Dakota.
"Me?" she said nervously as she joined him on the stage. "No, no, you don't want me! I'm a terrible trainer! I even got kicked out of Blackthorne City Gym! You'd think Clair would know.."
"Don't worry about what she said! You're a strong trainer, I just know it! And, uh... " He glanced around and caught sight of Soni. "You've got your Mew! That'll come in handy!"
"Well..." Soni flicked her gently and mewed. His golden eyes told her that she should go with Covan.
"Okay. But if we get in trouble because of me..."
"Don't worry, it'll be fine."
Pokemon Ranger Sarah interrupted them. "Okay, guys, I need to know what Pokemon you guys have. Covan?"
"Typhlosion, Blastoise, Umbreon, Skarmory and Metagross."
"You only have five Pokemon. Do you want to go get another?"
"Nah, I'll be alright."
"Well, okay. Dakota? Your Pokemon?"
"Mew, Flareon, Vaporeon, Chimecho, Cleffa and Growlithe. Actually.." she thought for a minute. "Could I swap my Growlithe for someone else?"
"Sure thing, right after we're done here."
"Now, we need another Trainer." Professor Powell turned back to the waiting crowd. "Umm... you there! With the Ninjask! Yeah, come on up here."

A man that had been jumping up and down in the crowd jogged onto the stage and grinned around. His Ninjask buzzed and settled itself on his shoulder. "Hey there, all! I'm Calvin and this is my Ninjask, and we're ready to go kick some bad guy butt! Aren't we, Ninjask, huh? huh?"

Covan tuned out as Sarah began to question him. He was getting impatient.
"This is taking too long! I'm going." With that, he leapt off the stage and started running towards the Pokemon Center, his Typhlosion loping along beside him. He pulled out a Pokeball as he ran and recalled it. Soni chirped and flew after him.
"Huh? Soni, wait!"
"Why don't you just call it back into its Pokeball?" asked the Professor in amusement.
"Soni doesn't have a pokeball, I got him from an egg!" Dakota jumped down from the stage and ran after Covan. Catching up to him, she grabbed his arm and swung him around to face her.

"Hmm?" Sarah glanced up from where she was marking down the newcomer's Pokemon in time to see Covan running towards the Pokemon Centre, with Dakota and her blue Mew following him. "Hey - wait! Come back here this instant!"
She sighed. "We don't have time for those two to go running off together!" she turned to Calvin. "Come on, we'll go get them and then we really need to be on our way!"

"Covan! You are going to get us in huge trouble! Just wait for Sarah and Calvin! Please?" Dakota lowered her voice and gazed at him imploringly. Soni flew around her head and then watched as Sarah and Calvin began to approach them.

Calvin grinned to himself as he saw Dakota grab Covan's arm. His Ninjask buzzed and flew ahead of him slightly, its eyes glowly faintly in anticipation. Sarah lengthened her stride and reached them in seconds.

"Okay, we've got to get going soon. I'm going into the Pokemon Center quickly to get my Exploud, you guys stay here." She turned and entered the Center, leaving the others behind.

"I'm going to get out Thunderstruck." said Dakota.
"Who..?" asked Covan in confusion, but she had already gone inside.
"Havin' fun staring at your girlfriend?" asked an amused voice.
"Huh? My - hey, wait! She's not my - she isn't - she-"
"Havin' trouble spittin' it out, hey pal? Don't worry, I won't tell the Professor if you two sneak off together!" Calvin winked slyly at him. Covan growled in annoyance. "Typhy, flamethrower!" ROOOARR!!!

"Oh, she's not? My mistake." winced Calvin, rubbing soot out of his eyes.

Sarah and Dakota came out of the Pokemon Center and came back to rejoin them.

"Okay, we're going to split up. You, Covan, and you, Dakota, go to the front of Mt Tohjo. You'll see more Team Magma members, got that? Me and ..uh, Calvin, here will go to the back."

Covan sent out his Metagross as Sarah and Calvin hurried off. He climbed on top of its sturdy back and motioned for Dakota to join him. In one fluid motioned she leapt on. Covan motioned for his Metagross to float, and they began to head up the mountain..

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:41 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think I see the beggining of a new relationship....

Love the Typhy. :D One of my favs

</center>

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:26 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Those are awesome CF! Im going to save them in a word doc right now :)

<center>Image</center>

Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

1) Who is thunderstruck? Will Dakota send it out in your next chapter?
2) Whats with that Calvin guy and his Ninjask? He's kinda freaky.

Also, do you have drawings of these characters like Dakota, Covan, and others? If not, I'd like to try and draw them. And is the girl and boy in your avatar Dakota/Covan w/ Soni?

</center>

Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:07 pm
Profile ICQ YIM

1)Nobody knows yet, and possibly (You'll have to wait and see:wink:)
2)That's just the way RukarioManiac designed him. He's a bit freakier in the actual RP

Yes, I can produce drawings, and no, my avator isn't Dakota, Covan and Soni. The chick is me (and Dakota), the Mew is Soni, but the guy is my faithful friend/follower the Confused Neutral

Although, now that you mention it... I just might make an avator for me - uh I mean Dakota - and Covan

Back in a bit with the next exciting episode - chapter - bit - oh you know what I mean! :D

Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

THAT IS THE BEST I'VE READ YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it RP's are pretty god damn cool espeically written down!

Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:30 am

<center>IV. A Revelation Of Sorts</center>
As his Metagross journeyed up the mountain, Covan watched Dakota closely. He had noticed before that she held her right arm a lot. She stared off into the distance, a slightly troubled look on her face.
Whoa.. Covan thought, Even like that she's still...
"Myuuh!!" Suddenly Dakota's Mew jumped up. It had seen Covan staring at his mistress and began to fly around her, a mischievious glint in its golden eyes. Just as suddenly as it had begun, it stopped. It gazed in wonder, and as if struck by an idea, it darted towards the arm that Dakota was holding. Glancing up at Covan, Soni began to attempt to pull up Dakota's right sleeve. Dakota tried to push him away, but he persisted. Covan looked confused.

"Hey, what's up with your Mew? Is it alright..?"

Dakota reached up and grabbed Soni out of the air, her sleeve coming up slightly as she did. Covan caught what he thought was a hint of gold on her arm, but as he looked again her sleeve was back down.

"Alright, what's going on?" he asked her firmly.

"I - I can't.." she turned away from him. Soni cooed and floated in front of her. Putting his hands on her head, he crooned at her and wave his tail slowly. His eyes began to glow, and he concentrated on giving her his strength. After a moment she took a breathe and turned back to Covan. Her eyes were completely dry but her face was sad.

"I - I don't know if I can..." She closed her eyes for a minute. When she opened them her demeanor had changed. She still seemed sad, but determined.

"A year ago, I was a Trainer in the Blackthorne Gym, under Clair. She hated me, I don't know why." At this, Soni crooned and psychically sent a message to Covan without Dakota knowing.
She was jeoulous of me, and of Dakota's power. Dakota doesn't actually know how strong she is

Ignorant of this secret exchange, Dakota continued her story.
"One day, I was training my Pokemon, and my Flareon accidentally set fire to her cape. She was already upset at me for training in her battle stadium, and Flashfire's attack was the last straw. She sent out her Dragonair, and told it to attack me. The only reason I survived was because Soni stopped her. I was horribly burnt, all up my arm, and along my side and leg. Soni transported us out of there, and for a year, I hid away, trying to keep out of people's sight. The scars never healed, because it was Dragon's Fire."

Soni chirrupped again, and flew to Dakota's sleeve again. this time, she let him. As he pulled up her sleeve, she closed her eyes so she wouldn't see the look of horror and and disgust on Covan's face. Soni mewed softly as her sleeve was pulled up. Her arm was badly scarred, the skin twisted and dark, from above her elbow to her fingers. There were patches of dark greenish gold, and at the elbow and knuckles the bone was visible. Waving his tail, Soni crooned and looked up at Covan with sad eyes.

"Oh my.." he stared in horror and sadness. Now he knew why she had kept away at first. He grabbed a Great Gall out of his belt, and sent out his shiny Umbreon. Its blue rings glowed as bright as the moon.

"Umby, use moonlight". The blue ring on its head glowed white, and it sent out a white light to shine over Dakota's injured arm.

Her arm glowed, but within seconds the light had faded, leaving it as it was.

"It won't work." said Dakota softly. "I've tried everything, but I guess because it was Dragon Fire that did it, it just won't heal. Don't even bother." Pulling down her sleeve again, she looked away from him.
He'll avoid me now. She thought sadly. I don't blame him. I wish he hadn't seen...

"I shouldn't even be here." she said. Looking down, she began to stand, as if she intended to leap off the moving Metagross. She bent her knees, ready to spring. Soni mewed in distress and darted over to Covan.

Covan grabbed her sleeve, pulling her back on."You jump, Its over. Bye, bye, PBC's." He returned his Umbreon. They were half way to the mountain now.
"It doesnt matter. Whether we're mutants or angels, we're all the same." he said. He put the ball on his belt. Moving towards Dakota, he wrapped his arms around her.

They were further up the mountain now. He grabbed his Pokenav and checked the mountain. No pokemon centers, no pokemarts, a lake, and a volcano. Nice. This is gonna be real easy.

Dakota leaned into Covan and looked back down the mountain. Covan had stopped her jumping by less than a second. Why? she wondered Why would he stop me? He's better off without me..

Soni sat down on Metagross's back and breathed a sigh of relief. He knew that Covan would stop his mistress from jumping, but he had still been worried. Looking up at her, he wondered what was around the corner for them..

"We're here." Dakota said softly. She lept off Metagross onto the ground and looked around. Soni flew next to her and quickly checked the area with his psychic power to make sure everything was safe. All good, except...

Suddenly Soni began to dart around Dakota in a panic. Something was here, something that shouldn't be! Dakota looked up at him in alarm! "They're here, Soni? No!"

She looked back at Covan. "Go! Go back, quickly! Go, now-" Her words were cut off as a loud CRASH announced the arrival of a very unwelcome guest in the form of a massive machine...

Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I really like this chapter myself. This is somewhat emotional, showing the blossoming bond between the two, and how Dakota is starting to open up to Covan.

</center>

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM

Lol, you sound like my English teacher "And you can see the symbolism of the tree, meaning that Covan will be playing an important part, while the surprise of Dakota's injury shows that Professor Powell has been a Pokemon Professor for many years..." W00t! Randomness!

<center>V. A Team Of Legends</center>
Covan glanced around as he jumped down from his Metagross. "Meta return." he said quickly. "What's going on? What is it?" he asked Dakota urgently.

"Covan, go!!" Dakota shouted shrilly. "Before-"
With a massive CRASH, a huge purple metal spider minced its way into the clearing and shot a long arm at Covan.
"NO!!" screamed Dakota. "COVAN!!"

"Mwahahaha!" A cold voice echoed around the clearing, coming from the top of the massive machine that now held Covan in one of its huge claws.

"Look out, here's trouble! Get out of our way!
Don't try to protest, Team Legend is here to stay!" the voice announced.

Dakota staggered backwards. "No.."she whispered.

There was a creeaaak and a flash of light, and a door opened at the bottom of the machine. Three figures leapt out, and strode forward into the light.

At the front of the trio was a tall and menacing woman. She had cold purple eyes and dead straight brown hair down to her waist. She was clothed in dark purple pants and a pale purple shirt, with a long sleeveless coat over the top. On her head was a silky purple bandana with the silver outline of a Lugia on it.

The other two figures stayed a respectful distance behind the woman. The guy was wearing a striped silver and pale purple shirt over long purple pants, and the girl wore a similar shirt with a dark purple skirt. Both of them wore the same design bandana as their leader.

"Well, well, well, what have we here?" the Leader asked coolly. "A little mouse caught in our trap, it seems."
The man behind her cackled.

"Lana.." Dakota uttered. Though she hadn't spoken loudly, the Leader turned at her word.

"Exactly right, little mouse! I am Lana, the Leader of Team Legend, and we are here to collect all the Legendary Pokemon in the world!" At this, she burst into shrill laughter. The two Admins behind her joined in.

"What's that?" The male Admin suddenly caught sight of Soni, hovering near the ground behind Dakota. "Lana, it's that Mew again!"

"I'm on it!" cried the female Admin. Whipping out a remote control, she dialed and laughd again as the spider threw Covan down and shot towards Soni.

"SONI, NO!!" Dakota screamed again and grabbed him, shielding him with her body. The spider's arm brushed her aside like a twig and seized Soni, emitting a violent electric shock that tore through his body.

The minute Soni was hit, Dakota collapsed and shuddered with electricity. Apparently the shock to Soni affected her too.

Without speaking, Dakota staggered to her feet and tried to run at the Team Legend Admin. The Admin laughed again as the three of them jumped into their machine. The spider started to withdraw Soni, and he struggled to get away.

As the spider began to leave, they sent one last electric shock through Soni and Dakota. As her Pokemon was carried away, Dakota screamed and collapsed, her bond with Soni stretched to its limits and the shock to her system too much for her body. Without another sound, she fell, and within seconds she was out cold.

"D-dakota!" Covan choked out. The spider's claw had bruised his back, but in seconds he was getting up and limping towards Dakota's lifeless form. "Dakota? Dakota! Wake up, come on, you can't be..." his voice trailed off. There was no reply from Dakota, whose body was as still and cold as if it were...

"No.." whispered Covan, dropping to the ground next to her.

"Okay, Flashfire, use Flamethrower!" With that, the firey little Pokemon let out a stream of fire that flew out and hit the tall girl that had just walked in the door. She screamed in rage and whipped off her burning cape, throwing it to the ground and pulling out a Pokeball.
"You insolent little brat! she screamed.
"Clair! I'm sorry - I didn't mean to! Clair, no!"
"Dragonair use Dragonbreath!!"

"No.." Dakota muttered and shifted, but did not wake. Nightmares from her past were troubling her, but the shock had been so great that she remained unconscious.

The snakelike Pokemon sent a jet of burning golden air and green fire straight at Dakota. Dakota flung up an arm to protect herself, and screamed in pain. The flames melted her sleeve, encircling her arm, burning it to the bone. Dakota screamed again, and a blue flash flew out suddenly to attack the Dragonair. Sobbing in pain, Dakota gripped her burnt and melted arm and sank to the floor. She shook all over, sobbing and trembling in unspeakable agony. The blue flash hovered in the air, and as the smoke and flickering light of the unearthly flames died down, Clair was able to see what it was.

"Soni.." she whispered.

"S-soni!" choked out Dakota. The Mew flew instantly to her side, leaving Clair seething. With an angry snarl, she recalled her Dragonair and stormed out, but not before delivering a few harsh comments to Dakota and her pokemon.
"I'd better not see you here in the morning. You're one of the worst Trainers I've ever seen, and you are no longer welcome in my gym!"

Dakota stirred again, and her unconscious body began to tremble violently. "No!" she cried out. "No...Soni..." mumbling incohesively, she drifted back into her deathlike state.

Covan watched her sadly. She had shuddered violently several times, and muttered and cried out loud, but she still didn't wake.

"C'mon... I know! Blastoise, use Surf!" His sent out his Blastoise, who sent a stream of cold water onto Dakota's face. There was no movement. She lay as still as before, her face pale. It looked like it would take quite a bit to wake her, something that usually only Soni could achieve.

In Team Legend's newly built hideout, Soni was being held under lock and key. He had a Spirit Bind on him, to stop him teleporting, but the Bind wasn't strong enough to stop him contacting, or attampting to contact Dakota. Dakota.. He couldn't contact her - something must be wrong! He struggled against the Bind and against the chains that held him. He tried yet again to teleport away, but all it achieved was to send a shock through his system.

"You won't get away, little mouse." said a voice. Soni looked up to see a young girl dressed in a striped purple and silver shirt over a dark purple skirt looking at him. She too, wore a dark purple bandanna with a silver Lugia on it. "Those chains have held back the mighty Rayquaza himself, you don't stand a chance." She stepped lightly over to an armchair and stretched out on it. Seeing Soni's slight grin, she laughed at him.

"Oh, no, I may be only a Grunt but I'm not gonna fall asleep on duty."

Soni growled. What are you people doing here? he used his powers to make his voice echo through the air. The Grunt flinched slightly at the sound, but seemed unmoved.

"Duh, we're Team Legend. We collect Legendary Pokemon. And you're quite a catch, lovie. We caught Mew before but we didn't know that his descendant was Shiny! The Boss, Lana, was quite pleased. We'll be able to collect quite some power from you. And who knows, maybe Pokemon can survive without their powers.."

Soni growled and let loose and stream of silvery flames from his mouth. The Grunt leapt up and began to send out her Gardevoir, but was stopped at Soni used Psychic and flung her Dark Ball away. Intensifying his power, he surrounded his body in flames and energy, and finally cracked the chains.

"Uh oh.. The Boss is gonna fry me.." The Grunt began to back away, and then turned and fled as Soni burst free of his restraint, angry blue flames glowing around his body. Still unable to Teleport, he began to fly towards the exit with one thing on his mind - get back to Dakota.

Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:25 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Finally a bit more action in the story. :)
And why does it seem Im the only person reviewing your story?

</center>

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:37 am
Profile ICQ YIM

You are my only loyal fan.. Bit sad really - the others seemed to like it at first. Thanks pal! :D More soon!

Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I still like this story.Its just that i m too lazy to type some comments and i got too much homework. :evil:

Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Im a loyal fan of urs!!

[13:57] <jordanw> mine is 4897 4813 7695
[13:57] <Gabe_> Mine is ***-***-**** :D
[13:57] <Gabe_> :| oops wrong number

Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:22 pm

You're an obsessed fan of mine!

Just cool it a tiny bit, would you? I'm getting slightly scared. Thanks

Anyway, here's the next bit

<center>VI. A Bid For Freedom</center>
Covan looked down at Dakota. "She must have been hit pretty hard.." he said softly. Opening his bag, he pulled out a blanket. Spreading it out of the ground, he gently lifted Dakota and laid her on it. He pulled out another blanket, and, folding it carefully, he put it under her head. Gently, he brushed her hair out of her face. "I hope she's okay.."

As Soni flew, he concentrated his efforts on Dakota. Faintly at first, and then growing stronger, he could see a flickering image of her in his mind. She lay on the ground on a blanket while Covan sat next to her, holding her hand and looking worried.

"Myuuh.." he whined unhappily. Suddenly, he stopped. He glanced back to see a brand new metal wall, leading around to a dark chamber. He glanced down at the Spirit Bind still holding him, and then made up his mind. Turning, he gathered himself and then flew as fast as he could towards the wall.

Suddenly Dakota suddered as if hit by enormous force. She seemed to wake for a minute, but was soon back in her stupor. Covan watched her nervously, one hand on her scarred arm.

Picking himself up, Soni backed up and tried again. He had made a small crack in the Bind, but not enough to get it off. Glowing slightly, he flew at the wall again.

Dakota shuddered again, but didn't wake this time. Trembling slightly, her mind began to grow faintly clearer. Covan watched her closely, chewing his lip.

Soni prepared himself for a final charge. The Spirit Bind was nearly broken, and one more hit would do it. As he flew towards the wall again at top speed, a Legend Grunt appeared around the corner.

"Hey? What's all the-"

BANG!!!

With a crack and a sizzle, the Spirit Bind broke, just as Lana herslef appeared.

"Why you little..!" She dove at Soni just as he teleported in fear, not knowing where he was going. Lana gave an angry cry as she was taken with him.

"Covan!" Dakota cried. She had finally woken, and now she sat, shaking from head to foot on the blanket. She didn't attempt to get up, but knelt, her hands to her head, blinking her eyes in an effort to clear her mind. Looking up, she cast her eyes around in search of Covan.

Covan cried out and threw his arms around her. She hugged him back, and he could feel how hard she was trembling.
"Oh my god.." he muttered, not letting her go. "I thought you were dead ... I thought.. oh my god.."

"Soni," she whispered. "Where's Soni?"

Finally letting her go, he sat back, still holding her hand. "I don't know. They left use here unconscious, and I didn't see which way they went."

"Ohh... it happened again.." she sighed unhappily.

"What?" Covan asked. He put a finger under her chin and lifted her head to stare into her eyes. "What happened last time?"

Still shaking, she lowered her eyes. "Team Legend came to my house, about 2 years ago. They took Soni, and it affected me almost as bad as this time. Whenever Soni gets hurt, I feel it, and if we are seperated, even just for a little while, it always has bad effects on my body. Last time I couldn't see anything until he was back. I can see now, but I don't know what'll be wrong with me.."

Covan stood up slowly. "Well, whatever it is, we'll deal." He held out a hand to help Dakota to her feet. She took his hand, but as she tried to stand, she fell back down.

"Oh no.." she said worriedly. She tried to stand again, but fell back. "Covan!" she said in a panic. "I can't walk!"

Not quite as long, but I'll have more later.

Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I read it all at once. Can't wait for the next part! :D

Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Controling the Waves with Rukario, becoming one with each other
I think I see the beggining of a new relationship....

Love the Typhy. :D One of my favs

w00t. inspired, by me. Thank you very much, lol. Nice CF, very good detail. Lol, im Covan in the RP. Nice FanFic, also one of my favs.

Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next