It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 What animal has yet to be used? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kayane: For the last time GOREBYSS IS NOT A DOLPHIN!!! Do you know what a dolphin looks like, Gorebyss is a kind of fish, and a dolphin is a sea mammal. But I do agree with Huntail being an eel. Stantler is like a deer.
bobashotmace: I agree that Tyranitar came from the T-rex.

More ideas...

Bobcat
Lynx
Coyote
Dingo

FYI,
I said I THINK ( IN MY O-P-I-N-I-O-N) Gorebyss is a dolphin. You can think what you want and I can think what you want. So just leave at that.
But, yeah I guess i do agree with you that Tyranitar is a T-rex

<center>Image</center>

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I said I THINK ( IN MY O-P-I-N-I-O-N) Gorebyss is a dolphin. You can think what you want and I can think what you want. So just leave at that.
But, yeah I guess i do agree with you that Tyranitar is a T-rex[/color]

Well, gorebyss actually is NOT a dolphin. This can be proved by its pokedex entries (thank you Psydex :D):

First of all, its species is "South Sea." Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dolphins don't all live in Southern Waters.

The ruby poke'dex says that gorebyss only lives in extreme depths. Dolphins are often seen on the surface of the water.

The emerald and sapphire entries say that Gorebyss uses its thin mouth to suck the life from prey. Dolphins eat small fish. With their teeth.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kayane wrote:

I said I THINK ( IN MY O-P-I-N-I-O-N) Gorebyss is a dolphin. You can think what you want and I can think what I want. So just leave at that.
But, yeah I guess i do agree with you that Tyranitar is a T-rex[/color]

Well, gorebyss actually is NOT a dolphin. This can be proved by its pokedex entries (thank you Psydex :D):

First of all, its species is "South Sea." Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dolphins don't all live in Southern Waters.

The ruby poke'dex says that gorebyss only lives in extreme depths. Dolphins are often seen on the surface of the water.

JEEZ people! I said I have my opinion, and you have yours, okay? So lay off for awhile, will ya? I DO NOT CARE what the Pokedex says! I can think what I want, and you (whether you like it or not) can NOT change the way I think. If you think you can, go work for the US government.
AND dolphins aren't always seen on the surface. Have you ever been a dolphin? HMMM, Have you Mr. Prophet?? Didn't think so. Until you have been a dolphin, don't be so presumptuous about their lifestyle. They can live in deep sea.
I don't mean to sound mean, but I hate when people try to tell me what to think.

<center>Image</center>

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:57 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't mean to sound mean, but I hate when people try to tell me what to think.

Well, you sure SOUND mean...

Let me explain something: I went to the pokedex with an open mind. I didn't know if gorebyss was a dolphin or not. The pokedex happens to be the only reference we have to the behavior of gorebyss. So what else was I supposed to use?

Anyway, the description did not sound like that of a dolphin to me. So I posted the proof. Did I insult you? No. Did I say you HAD to change your opinion? No. If you have any proof that gorebyss is a dolphin other than its appearence I sure would like to see it.

ANYWAY, I just had a really cool idea for another electric/water type! Why not make an electric eel??? That would be so cool!

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:

Well, you sure SOUND mean...

Let me explain something: I went to the pokedex with an open mind. I didn't know if gorebyss was a dolphin or not. The pokedex happens to be the only reference we have to the behavior of gorebyss. So what else was I supposed to use?

Anyway, the description did not sound like that of a dolphin to me. So I posted the proof. Did I insult you? No. Did I say you HAD to change your opinion? No. If you have any proof that gorebyss is a dolphin other than its appearence I sure would like to see it.

ANYWAY, I just had a really cool idea for another electric/water type! Why not make an electric eel??? That would be so cool!

Blah, blah, blah, that's all I'm hearing. I'm really sorry if I sounded cruel, but I didn't say I had any proof that it was one, but I think it is rergardless of what others say. Let's stop arguing before the thread gets deleted.

An electric/water eel does sound really cool! And maybe one that really is based on a dolphin, lol. ^_^ Maybe a fire/water type! Has that been done before? They should also make an evolution of Clamperl that doesn't evolve from trading. I find it unfair cause I don't have anyone to trade with... : ( Oh well.
And I agree w/ those of you that said Spinosaurus Aegypticus should be pokemonized, that would be one huge pokemon! But if you catch a Wailmer and evolve it into a Wailord, check the size comparison to your character and it's GIGANTIC!! I really want one, but I don't want to get rid of a single pokemon on my team.

<center>Image</center>

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Loading... Connection cannot be found. Please refresh the page.
Post as
What About Masquerain? That would be a Mosquito (spelling) wouldnt it? And Dunsparce looks like a worm or leech or something in that category to me. Also, lots of people compare Raikou to a sabertooth.

</center>

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:58 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

~~Riku~~ wrote:
What About Masquerain? That would be a Mosquito (spelling) wouldnt it? And Dunsparce looks like a worm or leech or something in that category to me.

Hmmm.. I think Masquerain and Surskit (forgive my bad spelling) are either Mosquitos or Water Striders. I agree with you on Dunsparce, though.. That is one wierd pokemon. What is Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir? I've been trying to figure that out... :?:

<center>Image</center>

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:03 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Let's stop arguing before the thread gets deleted.

You've made the right choice.

Anyway, I believe Masquerain is a Water Skater.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kayane wrote:

Let's stop arguing before the thread gets deleted.

You've made the right choice.

Anyway, I believe Masquerain is a Water Skater.

That's what I meant "water skater" not "water strider". :lol:

<center>Image</center>

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:23 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Most of the good ones were taken...

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:09 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Okay...Here are the animals I think were already used. For the ones that have yet to be used I remembered Peacock, Lynx, Moose, Eagle, Cheeta and the Goat (again).

BIRDS

Ostrich - {doduo} {dodrio}
Penguin - {delibird}
Pidgeon - {pidgey} {pidgeotto} {pidgeot}
Crow - {murkrow}
Chicken - {torchic} {combusken} {blaziken} {togetic}
Phoenix - {ho-oh}
Canary - {swablu} {altaria}
Seagul - {wingull}
Pelican - {pelipper}
Vulture - {skarmory}
Owl - {hoothoot} {noctowl}
Duck - {psyduck} {golduck} {porygon} {porygon 2}
Swallow - {taillow} {swellow}
Bird of prey - {fearow}

MAMMALS

Dog - {growlithe} {houndour} {houndoom} {snubbull} {granbull}
Wolf - {poochyena} {mightyena}
Fox - {vulpix} {ninetales}
Cat - {meowth} {skitty} {delcatty}
Panther - {persian}
Lion - {arcanine} {entei}
Tiger / Saber - {raikou}
Racoon - {zigzagoon} {linoone}
Mangoose - {zangoose}
Ferret - {sentret} {furret}
Weasel - {sneasel}
Mouse - {pikachu} {raichu} {marill}
Rat - {rattata} {raticate}
Kangaroo - {kangaskhan}
Rhino - {rhyhorn} {rhydon}
Horse - {ponyta} {rapidash}
Bull - {tauros}
Cow - {miltank}
Giraffe - {girafarig}
Whale - {wailmer} {wailord}
Bat - {zubat} {golbat} {crobat}
Sheep - {flaaffy} {mareep} {ampharos}
Bear - {teddiursa} {ursaring}
Rabbit - {azumarill} {wigglytuff}
Monkey - {aipom} {mankey} {primeape}
Seal - {seel}
Dugong - {dewgong}
Elephant - {phanpy} {donphan}
Sea Lion - {spheal} {sealeo} {walrein}
Camel - {numel} {camerupt}
Sand rodent - {sandshrew} {sandslash}
Pig - {swinub} {piloswine} {spoink} {grumpig}
Sloth - {slakoth} {vigoroth} {slaking}
Panda - {spinda}
Mole - {diglett} {dugtrio}

REPTILES

Snake - {ekans} {arbok} {seviper}
Crocodile / Aligator - {totodile} {croconaw} {feraligatr}
Dragon - {bagon} {salamence} {dratini} {dragonair} {dragonite} {flygon} {rayquaza}
Turtle / Tortoise - {squirtle} {wartortle} {blastoise} {shuckle} {torkoal}
Lizard - {charmander} {charmeleon} {charizard} {treecko} {grovyle} {sceptile}
Chameleon - {kecleon}
Dinosaur - {bulbasaur} {ivysaur} {venusaur} {chikorita} {bayleef} {meganium} {tyranitar} {lapras} {aerodactyl} {lugia} {tropius}
Sea Serpent - {gyarados} {milotic}

AMPHIBIANS

Frog - {poliwag} {poliwhirl} {poliwrath} {politoed}

INSECTS AND ARACHNIDS

Dragonfly - {yanma} {vibrava}
Ant - {trapinch}
Spider - {spinarak} {ariados}
Butterfly - {beautifly} {butterfree}
Worm / Caterpillar - {wurmple} {caterpie} {metapod}
Bee - {beedrill}
Moth - {venomoth}
Mantis - {scyther} {scizor}
Ladybug - {volbeat} {illumise} {ledyba} {ledian}
Scorpion - {gligar} {anorith} {armaldo}
Horn beetle - {heracross}
Pincer beetle - {pinsir}
Water Skater - {surskit} {masquerain}

FISH, MOLUSCS AND CRUSTACEANS

Sea horse - {horsea} {seadra} {kingdra}
Piranha - {carvanha}
Shark - {sharpedo}
Gold fish - {goldeen} {seaking}
Crab - {krabby} {kingler}
Lobster - {corphish} {crawdaunt}
Jellyfish - {tentacool} {tentacruel}
Octopus - {octillery}
Manta Ray - {mantine}
Carp - {magikarp}
Eel / Sea Serpent - {huntail} {gorebyss}
Snail - {slugma} {magcargo}
Remora - {remoraid}
Coelacanth - {relicanth}
Mud Fish - {mudkip} {marshtomp} {swampert} {wooper} {quagsire}
Lanturn fish - {chinchou} {lanturn}
Coral fish - {corsola}
Trilobites - {kabuto} {kabutops}
Sea Anemones - {lileep} {cradily}
Catfish - {whiscash}
Clamp / Oyster - {clamperl} {shellder} {cloyster}
Starfish - {staryu} {starmie}

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Walking down the path of life. Perhaps we will meet again someday.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{sentret} is a squirrel.

we already decided that {anorith} and {armaldo} were trilobites.

{slugma} is actually a slug, it evolves into a snail.

...why do people think {trapinch} is an ant???

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alright enough arguing geez, Don't just say {sentret} is a squirrel, say why you think it is, Alot of these pokemon aren't 100% based on an Animal, so there could be ones that are parts of 2 animals.

{sentret} is probably a Raccoon, Squirrels have a different tails, and smaller ears than a Raccoon, Sentret's Tail resembles a Raccoon's tail also, yet it's ears don't match either.

Personally Sentret doesn't look exactly close to either of them, it's just a made up animal.

Also isn't Porygon one of those Drinky bird toys?

No more pointless arguing (Put why you think it is, no more I think {pokemon} is a {animal}) or you'll see this thread magically disappear.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, because I'm not very imaginative, I'd have to say:
Llama,
Penguin(no Delibird doesn't even resemble a penguin),
and uhhhhh I don't know.

Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:01 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Some I disagree with: {shuckle} isn't a tortoise, it's some sort of bug in a shell. Also, {fearow} isn't a bird of prey IMO; it's evolved from {spearow}, which kinda suggests that both of sparrows.

It's just my opinion though, so you might disagree :?

Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:27 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, I've just posted my opinions, I didn't make anyone consider them a dogma. And I don't think people really "decide" that a pok

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:38 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Controling the Waves with Rukario, becoming one with each other
if there was a falcon or an eagle....that would be awesome. I like eagles.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would say that volbeat and illumise are more like fireflies. They have that tail glow move, plus they aren't really spotted like ladybugs.

As for animals that haven't been used... wow, that's hard. How about a sea cucumber? I bet there's never been a sea cucumber pokemon. Then again, maybe there's a reason for that.
Or how about: plankton, gerbil, unicorn, or mosquito? (Some of these were probably said already but I can't remember the whole list ^^;)

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Plankton? No way. I absolutely can't imagine any microscopic organism being caught :D

But I do like the sea-cucumber idea though. Like I said, we need more exotic marine creatures like the Sea Urchin and stuff like that :)

Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:24 am
THE POWER IS ON!

This topic makes my soul cry. I might get to the other instances of flawed logic I've seen so far, but I'd like to make one main point right now:

THIS IS A SLUG {slugma}
THIS IS NOT A SLUG {slowpoke}

Do slugs typically have arms, legs, a tail, ears, a nose, eyes and a mouth? NO. Sure, Slugma has eyes, but that's Nintendo "artistic license," I suppose. Is Slowpoke an invertebrate? NO. Does Slowpoke look ANYTHING like Slugma, which IS based off a slug? NO. Slowpoke is NOT A SLUG.

THIS IS A SNAIL {magcargo}
THIS IS NOT A SNAIL {slowbro}

Again, make the effing connnection. Slowbro's anatomy makes it impossible for it be a snail. First of all, it has arms and legs, and it's bipedal, capable of walking like a freaking human. Magcargo is a blob that has to slither to move. Slowbro is even classified as the "HERMITCRAB Pokemon," by the game's Pokedex. While considering Slowbro a "hermitcrab," is biologically incorrect, it's still more of a hermitcrab than a freaking SNAIL.

Well, now that I've gotten that rant off of my chest... I saw somebody say something about lions. Entei could technically be a lion (which would be logical, as Raikou looks like a tiger), but Arcanine is a technically a mixture of lion, tiger, dog, and dragon. No, I am not making this up. It's based off the mythical shishi creature, although it doesn't have a horn. It's also an enemy of the kitsune (Ninetales), which is backed up by the two families being version exclusives. Because the Japanese shishi has some Dragon in it, it explains why Arcanine can learn Dragon attacks and is considered "Legendary," by the game lore.

Volbeat and Illumise are definitely fireflies, not ladybugs. Just look at their names, and that should tip you off, never mind Volbeat's "Tail Glow" or the little yellow antennae they both have. They do look a little Ledian, but they're not ladybugs.

I think the fact that Delibird is an Ice/Flying bird Pokemon is symbolic of it being a penguin. Still, I think it looks more like a frozen owl dressed like Santa Claus. I'd like a traditional penguin in the new games. You know, black and white color, yellow beak, waddling, insane cuteness, etc.

Last edited by Frost on Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:30 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

You sure sound awfully hateful......

<center>Image</center>

Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Volbeat and Illumise are definitely fireflies, not ladybugs. Just look at their names, and that should tip you off, never mind Volbeat's "Tail Glow" or the little yellow antennae they both have. They do look a little Ledian, but they're not ladybugs.

Just looked at the dictionary to find out what Fireflies are. Indeed, Ledyba and Ledian really are fireflies, not ladybugs...I should have remembered the animal before. ^_^ (guess I'm going back to fix it sometime).

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:

Just looked at the dictionary to find out what Fireflies are. Indeed, Ledyba and Ledian really are fireflies, not ladybugs...I should have remembered the animal before. ^_^ (guess I'm going back to fix it sometime).

I think they're ladybugs because of their looks and their names. I think Anorith and it's evolution aren't Trilobites because they don't look like them. I know what they look like (remotely) because I collect the fossils of Trilobites. I think Volbeat is somewhat like a firefly. Illumise, in my opinion, is a firefly. Listen to the name... Illumise. I remember a song that was in Latin that I had to sing. It had Illumina in it, which is the Latin word for Light. Of course the song translation into English was "Open my eye, lest I sleep in death". So Illumina is Latin for light and that's why I think Illumise is a firefly.
You guys can disagree or agree with me, I don't care. But unless it's in the Pokedex that says Illumise and Volbeat are not fireflies, or Ledyba and Ledian are not ladybugs, or Anorith and it's evolution are not Trilobites, I will have to stick to what I think they are.
However, I do believe that Kabuto and Kabutops are Trilobites. They are twoo of my favorite Pokemon! ^_^ That's all I have to say! ^_^

<center>Image</center>

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:30 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Thanks Galar. You've done a very nice job on your list, though I have some suggestions/corrections:

-I would say Persian should be classified as a "cat," like Meowth and the Skitty family. It's named after the Persian type of cat, though it really looks more like a siamese and it's referred to as a "classycat," by the Pokedex. Also, Espeon is a cat. It's based after the nekomata, or "demon cat." While Espeon looks a lot nicer than that, it does have many feline features, and the nekomata's split tail.

-Similarly, Dewgong is sea lion. This is backed up by the Pokedex, and even though Dewgong's name resembles dugong, it's modelled more after the much sleeker sea lion. Though Seel IS a seal and a cute one at that. ^.^ For that matter, Spheal and Sealeo look like sea lions but Walrein is named after/looks like a walrus.

-The Poliwag family should be split up into two sections, but that's getting really nitpicky. Technically, Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Poliwrath are tadpoles, the baby form of frogs. Politoed is the only true frog from the family.

-Pinsir is a stag beetle. This is also Pinsir's species. Speaking of which, Volbeat and Illumise are both listed as 'fireflies' for their species in the video game's Pokedex.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next