Dragon Tamer

and
{pikachu} static
thunderbolt - substitute - sweet kiss - attract

use substitute then sweet kiss, attract the use static to your advantige

Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:24 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Hey leet for, I won't explain EVs to you here because it's a little complicated. For more information on EVs, go to this link: http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/rs/evguide.php

Do note that DVs are different from EVs though. For more information on DVs, go to this link: http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~psypoke/rs/dvguide.php

As for your Pikachu, the moveset is quite standard since most people use Tbolt, Sweet Kiss, and attract. The only difference is that you have Substitute over Twave. I also can't see how Attract will make use of Static, so try explaining a little more :)

As for AMitch's Primeape, the set does look creative, though perhaps Protect would have too few PP to last you through longer battles. Perhaps you can try it out on Netbattle or something and tell us about the results.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Perhaps you can try it out on Netbattle or something and tell us about the results.

Yeah, about that . . .

Position for Official Wierd Set Tester is now open. Anyone with access to an online battling program who might be interested, shoot me a PM.

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:18 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

{feebas} Level 14
Splash
-
-
-

Strategy: Use Splash 40 times and beat the opponent with Struggle!

Ok, just kidding. Here's my Slaking.

{slaking}@leftovers
Hyper Beam
Amnesia
Curse
Rest

Not sure if this can be considered creative or not. I thought since Slaking missed every other turn, using an offensive movest would not be too effective after all. Thus, this Slaking is designed to be a tank. Amnesia and Curse are used to raise the Defenses while the Leftovers and Rest restore Hp. Hyper Beam is used to hit the opponent in between the turns used to slack.

Comments?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Wow, quite a few to catch up on . . . I'll work backwards:

~Snow's Slacking~
Sweet. I think I know what the EVs would be, but the nature has me stumped. Gimme 'em and I'll add this one to the list.

~leet for's Pikachu~
This is virtually standard set Number Two for Raichu. Needs some more originality . . . and a Lightball.

~Amitch's Primeape~
I like the looks of it a lot, but I've had Swagger come back to bite me in the face multiple times. This one looks like one we may need to test (when we get a Tester! :P Still accepting applications!)

~Glalie's Dusclops~
Tell me how this is better than the one we've got and you'll have a contender (see the first post of this thread). No offense, of course, but we don't want multiples of each Pokemon running around.

And I've decided to add psycho_freak's Kecleon and RaichuLatias's Mewtwo. Congratulations, guys.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

~leet for's Pikachu~
This is virtually standard set Number Two for Raichu. Needs some more originality . . . and a Lightball.

I remember an old Pika set from the GSC days,

Pikachu @ Light Ball/Brightpowder

Endure
Reversal
T-Wave/Agility
Thunderbolt/Surf

This one was sort of standard, T-wave the opponent, or Agility, so you're faster, Endure when you think the opponent will attack, Then Reversal for power, physical power. Thunderbolt and Surf are just attacks you can use (Plus the power-up of Light Ball, if you have it), while you're waiting for the foe to attack you for Endure.

I think this one will work in Emerald, since I think Emerald has an Endure Tutor, and hopefully Pika can still get Reversal though breeding.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:41 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Anyone with access to an online battling program who might be interested, shoot me a PM.

How would I get access to an online battling program?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:20 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

For the nature of my Slaking I was thinking Careful, since Slaking has no Special Attacks. As for the EV spread, it should be fairly obvious: both defenses and the remaining on HP.

Here's a new one I thought of:
{flygon}@leftovers
Bite
Dragonbreath
Sand Tomb
Toxic

I don't know if it could work, but this Flygon works as a mini annoyer and a toxi-trapper. Trap the opponent with Sand Tomb, which is sort of a Mean Look that deals damage but cannot hit Flying types. Use Toxic, and then annoy the opponent with paralysis from Dragonbreath and Flinching with Bite. Double Team can be an alternative move as well. As for the EVs, perhaps it should be spread over both defenses so as to make it last longer. Alternatively EVs over Special Attack and either one of the defenses will be okay as well. As for the nature, I was thinking Modest, so as to boost Dragonbreath and Bite. Even if Sand Tomb's damage is affected, this moveset should work fine as Sand Tomb's main purpose is still to trap the opponent and not to inflict damage. Again, I hope you guys will give your comments.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Online battling programs like Netbattle (obtainable at http://www.tvsian.com) or others, whose names fail me, can be found all over the Internet. If NetBattle doesn't appeal to you, go to Google and punch in "Pokemon BattleBots."

~RL's Pikachu~
I like it a lot, but a good nature fails me. +Attack or +Speed, but minus what?

~Snow's Flygon~
Ah, I dunno, I'm pretty fond of the Flygon we've already got on the list . . . it was mine, after all. :P

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:37 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Haha, yeah that Flygon looks good but whoever said we can't have two Flygons in that list? After all this topic is creative movesets and not creative pokemon, meaning there can be multiple movesets for each Pokemon. Just an idea.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

~RL's Pikachu~
I like it a lot, but a good nature fails me. +Attack or +Speed, but minus what?

I was thinking + Attack - Defense (I think it's Lonely), though you could also do an = nature.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Xatu@Leftovers
Calm: 252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Toxic
Rest
Wish
Haze

Running in to a steel type would be a bad thing, otherwise it's brilliant for stalling. It needs haze. Rest+Wish is just evil. Toxic to do damage.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm game for testing on netbattle, especially if anyone wants to help me out.

Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:57 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Aren't you gonna add that Slaking to the list? q=

Anyway, regarding your Xatu, Achilles, I kinda like it. Rest and Wish together with Haze looks crazy to me. But like what you said, you'd better pray you don't meet a Steel type. Just one reminder: not just Steel types, but Poison types are resistant to Toxic as well.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

just having a little bit of fun. Felt like making a non-standard moveset for a standard pokemon

Ludicolo@ Leftovers
Substitute
Leech Seed
Swords Dance
Body Slam/other physical move

use substitute, then use leech seed. leftovers and leech seed will cover your substitute cost, and your defense is high, so your substitute should be able to take quite a bit, so you're free to boost your attack and use your physical attack. I simply said body slam for paralysis purposes, but it can really be any move (I'd suggest one that your team can cover weaknesses/immunities to. Hell, you could try HP ghost for all I care, so long as it works for you)

I'm thinking a +Speed -SpAtk. nature with 252 EVs in Speed, then the rest either all in Defense or split in Defense and SpDef.

Eh, worth a shot.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{celebi} @ Leftovers /// Adament

EVs: 252 Speed, 129 Attack, 129 Defense

Move1: Baton Pass
Move2: Ancient Power
Move3: Substitute
Move4: Swords Dance

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Aren't you gonna add that Slaking to the list? q=

Anyway, regarding your Xatu, Achilles, I kinda like it. Rest and Wish together with Haze looks crazy to me. But like what you said, you'd better pray you don't meet a Steel type. Just one reminder: not just Steel types, but Poison types are resistant to Toxic as well.
Well Haze is there since every team needs a hazer and if you wanna keep Xatu out there for a while you better haze.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:46 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well Haze is there since every team needs a hazer and if you wanna keep Xatu out there for a while you better haze.

I meant crazy as in, crazy in a good way. If not I would not have said I liked your Xatu in the first place.

Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:19 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

AMitch showed me that BattleNet today. Crazy stuff. I think he's getting a pretty good hang of it...

[tester...???]

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have been playing on NetBattle a lot, testing out some of the guys that were put up here.

There are only two that I found that I really liked. The Breloom is very very useful. Considering it is extremely fast it usually gets off the first attack with spore. Then I just Bulk Up and Body Slam the guy to death.

Also, the Lanturn is an extremely good staller. The only problem with him is that he might come up against a Lapras with Water Absorb or something of the like.

I also saw another UU(I think?) guy that I like. A guy had a Ninjask out that was nice. I think the moveset was:

{ninjask}
Substitute
Swords Dance
Baton Pass
...Probably some healing or attack move.

The speed boost that it gets per-turn also gets passed. So hand that off to an Ursaring with Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Earthquake and Mega Kick and prepare to sweep.

If anyone has any guys that they want me to test, just ask.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I want that Charizard from a while back tested. He owns.

Also, all the ones you and I talk about in person. Start testing those, dude.

Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{mewtwo} @ Leftovers | Pressure | Calm Nature
Toxic - Barrier - Amnesia -Recover/Psychic /T-bolt/Ice Beam/F-thrower
EVs: 252 Speed, 252 HP, 6 Speed/Special Attack
Submitted by: RaichuLatias

Actually for EVs I meant,

Speed - 252 - HP -252 - Defense - 6 (With Recover)

Speed allows you to be faster and HP Helps with Recover.

Speed - 252 - Special Attack - 252 - Defense - 6 (With Special Attack)

2 Words "Special" and "Sweep"

Sorry if I was confusing when I posted it.

And I have again another weird legendary.

*Emerald Swagger Move Tutor needed*

{mew} Modest @ Leftovers or Leppa Berry
EVs - Defense 252 - Special Attack 252 - HP 6 (With D-Team)

If with Explosion,

EVs - Defense 252 - Attack - 129 - Special Attack - 129.

Swagger
Double Team/Explosion
T-Wave
Dragon Claw

Not good for long battles, but extremely annoying! Start out with Swagger, followed by T-Wave and Double Team. and sweep with Dragon Claw. Okay I know what you're thinking, why Dragon Claw? Dragon type moves are normal effective against every type except Dragon (2x) and Steel (1/2), so you will only have trouble with steel types. You could also do Explosion over D-Team since you will be faster :twisted: (thanks to T-Wave).

~{raichu}{latias}

Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

AMitch's Ninjask - Too standard, I have that (and SilverWind) on my RSE team.

RL's Mew - Interesting, though the EV's need to be changed a little bit, I also think DragonClaw is a much better option. If you have an annoyer I recommend you put EV's in HP, more HP makes you last longer (it's hard to explain though in this situation it is a bit better than having them in defenses), you can also put more EV's into more offensive catagories. So I recommend:

HP - 252 Sp.Att -252 Speed - 6

Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't understand the inflation of special attack; isn't Dragon a physical type of attack?

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Dragon is a special typed attack, it would probably be better if it was physical since most dragon typed have high physical attack stats.

Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1449 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 58  Next