It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Harry Potter VI: Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Amphy, you're sooooo mean... LOL, I love you XD :wink:

I hope my prediction on who's going to die is correct as well. And I'm almost 100% sure on who's the half-blood prince.

But who dies (besides Hermione :P ), I've got no clue...

The book came out today. I've seen costing around 100 reais (40 dollars), but I've found a shop that's selling it for 70 reais (28 dollars). However, I guess I'm just borrowing from a friend (in english, of course).

Really? I got my book for $19 at Barnes and Noble.. (I was second in line; got up at 6:30 and waited at the store until it opened at eight...)

I wouldn't be too sure about who the HBP is... I guess I can't say who I thought it was either because that's a spoiler too. Ahh, well, <insert rant here>

My gosh that ending was a killer though, and she's not going to whip up the final book for like five years, is she? Or else she's going to decide she's made enough money to stop writing the books, and we should be happy with the Fan Fictions we have to go with.

... Not at all happy with the now confirmed 'ships... The two I didn't want to happen.

{sandslash} This is Kipper. He's my cave HM helper and secret base-er. He's my friend.

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:49 pm
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

I highly advise that if you plan to read the 6th, that you read the first 5 first. It ties everything together quite well and explains a lot, you also need the back story. The relationships quite flatly suck...also there are two distinct words she used which I thought "woah interesting choice of words there" because she used them as their old meanings.

She is definately going to write the 7th, as she hasn't finished telling the story :P I doubt she'll write more HP after that. The 5th one took 3 years to write and release, the 6th 2...so I'm predicting 3 years again for the 7th as she said that will probably be the longest.

I thought this book was one of, if not the best of the series.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm going to get it sometime, when I have money and I'll be able to get it for $15 dollar at Barns & Noble (discount cards rock!) and I also reserved a copy Mwahahaha!! Anyway I have some predictions on the book, like who'll die and stuff. You know when I was reading the 5th book I was really hoping that Sirius would be the DADA teacher, but then the sad part in that book happened and kinda crushed my dreams, he would've been a 8|7(|-|||| DADA teacher!! But anywho I really hope it's as good as you say guys it is!

And also, OMG somebody killed Hermione!!! :P

Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i just finished it like 2 minutes before posting this i got it at a borders in califrona(family vacation) for thirty bucks. i was on the second chapter when my little brother started fliping throuh it. i was just sitting in the car when al of a suden i hear oh my god __________ dies! my mom told him off bad for that. i personaly think this was the best so far the relationship is a big twist i didn't see and kind of suprised me. the comedy with some serton hexes is quite funny but over all i give it

9 {staryu} out of 10 :P

Last edited by xenogenesis on Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i got half blood prince yester (hence my absence) i read 261 pages then fell asleep :) i got it for only 22.50 at costco

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I couldn't expect for it no longer, so I had to buy it. I'm starting Chapter 6 (I'm currently at page 113). As a nice-Snape lover I hope in that chapter (yes, that one) he's only faking. :roll:

Note. I've accidentaly clicked on the "last post" symbol in the TV/Movies/Book Discussion board and it led me to Amphy's new topic. Before I read everything I saw in big letters SPOILERS, but I was a bit late and I've discovered something...I always tell myself I don't mind spoilers, but I guess I'm feeling a bit...bad, knowing who dies before it happens now that I'm reading the book... :P

Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:36 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

this is weird,ok my mum comes in my room this morning,and says"i hope your not mad at me",and i go"why should i be?","well,becuz i told the librarian not to hold the new harry potter book for you" " ::shock: why?!?!!?" and then she gave me the hp book :D .and something wierder,she had my dad pick it up :shock: ,and most of you guys prolly know that my dad is like anti-harry potter :lol: i bet he had a fit!

anyhow,im 300 pages thru and its pretty good so far! :D btw,my paid only $18!!!at a stupid little grocery store :!:

great avy by kryten!!

Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I just finished the book, a few hours ago, and, OMFG, It Was sweet!!!!!
One word to it- Wow!

Hope you guys/girls have fun reading!!!

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3