It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What is the pokemon, that you can't play a game without? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I agree with the 'generation to generation' thing... it really depends on what generation game I'm playing ^^; Might as well join you guys in necromancing xP

Kanto: Starter (usually Blastoise), Pidgeot, Dragonite
Johto: Typhlosion, Ampharos, Quagsire, Crobat
Hoenn: I've only ever played with one team, since I cherish my Emerald team >.> They are Blaziken, Rayquaza, Zangoose, Jolteon, Tyranitar, and Starmie
Sinnoh: Starter (usually Empoleon), Staraptor, Garchomp
Unova: Samurott, Chandelure, Excadrill

...I don't have X or Y (nor a 3DS, tbh) x;

Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I can't go without those HM Slaves.
Geodude - Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength
Marill - Waterfall, Whirlpool, Dive, Surf
Oddish/Bellsprout - Cut, Flash

But as for the main team, I normally try mixing it up all the time but there are some I end up using more than others such as the starter, Crobat, Jolteon, Gallade, Excadrill ect.

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well since this topic seems to be revived, if I had to choose one pokemon that I must have on my team it would be Gyarados. They are easy to get and incredibly useful early game and late. I have had one in every generation. I love that shiny gyarados was a big deal in Gen 2 and Gen 4 (intro). Also I used a Gyarados on my first gen 1 team for battles with friends and my gen 4 competitive team as my lead. It was pretty effective for a while too! {gyarados}

{venusaur} {arcanine} {starmie} {rhydon} {dragonite} {alakazam}

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:46 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I always try to get myself a Tyranitar ever since Generation II in Gold version. It has become one of my favorite Pokemon. I choose Pokemon Y over X also is because of Larvitar is available in Y only.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's kind of a dilemma for you though because in a lot of games like GSC, FRLG, and Colosseum Tyranitar's line is only available very late in the game. But in XD I think you can get Larvitar a bit earlier and maybe some recent games have been more lenient about that as well.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{graveler} or any other that has Rollout. It's a hand on the wheel.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

‹–––––––– look over there

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Beiber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signiature.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi! It looks like it's been a while since anyone has posted here. I really love the question, so here's my answer, if it wasn't obvious. :D

I vaguely remember the first time I ever caught a Ralts in Sapphire. All it could do was growl, and I was like, "Huh?" But then, I read its Pokedex entry, and I felt an emotional connection with the idea of such a Pokemon -- a Psychic type whose primary communication is emotion. I observed how it became stronger as Kirlia, and then I met Gardevoir, who has since been my favorite of any generation. :)

In any game where I can find Gardevoir, I usually evolve one as soon as possible, and it becomes quite useful as a Special Sweeper. Initially, I thought the Synchronize ability was really great, but then I got a Gardevoir with Trace, and so many possibilities appeared that I had a lot of fun planning spontaneous strategies based on whichever opponents I had. Gardevoir quickly surpassed my starter Pokemon and I was able to eventually defeat the Elite Four with minimal assistance from Pokemon other than Gardevoir.

With the introduction of the Fairy type in X and Y, the very first thing I wanted to find out was how Gardevoir had changed, and I was very impressed with the battle enhancements as well as the additional challenge of watching out for Poison and Steel. Then, I noticed Mega Gardevoir. My main concern with the Mega Evolution is that I don't know how to make the best use of the Pixilate ability. I could use the Return technique and have it become Fairy type, but Return does physical damage, which isn't the best. Even so, Gardevoir is still my favorite; I just prefer to give it a different item and stick with Trace when battling.

Another favorite Pokemon of mine since X is Florges! All of its evolutions are so very cute and adorable! I raised a Level 8 Flabebe all the way to a level 92 Florges and now it's an amazing battler alongside Gardevoir. I know Florges is a late bloomer (get it? :roll: ) in the generations, but my experience would be quite different without one.

Some day, I'll create a team of only purple Pokemon :twisted: , and try to beat the Elite Four. I wonder if that's possible? I always want the purple ones.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The starters.
Honestly though it's probably snorlax. He is on a lot of my teams. {snorlax}

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3