It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Ruby Sapphire Remake, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sappire 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Something special... Jirachi? You can't have more special than this.

Maybe an item for a Jirachi event in the game. "We will see". Now imma go sleep...

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The official video for this month's reveals has been released, detailing Groudon and Kyogre's new abilities in particular.

Primordial Sea, Primal Kyogre's ability, makes rainfall heavy, and cancels out all fire-type moves while it's in effect, and it's new move is Origin Pulse. Likewise, Primal Groudon's ability Desolate Land cancels out all water-type moves, finally giving some insight about how Groudon was able to fight Kyogre on level ground; his move is Precipice Blades. Both Origin Pulse and Precipice Blades are supposed to be able to hit multiple opponents. Additionally, both weather conditions seem to be permanent as long as the caller is on the field, or presumable, until Rayquaza enters the battle; if the caller leaves, then the weather returns to the standard sun or rain. Speaking of Rayquaza, although they didn't show anything special about it, they have finally acknowledged it.

Heh, these abilities are more of what I imagined when I read the RS Manga.

Also, the demo has apparently been confirmed for western release.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've noticed that M-Sharpedo seems to lack those saw blades in all footage other than the corocoro art pic. Did GF finally say "we need to lose some spikes/stripes?

Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
I've noticed that M-Sharpedo seems to lack those saw blades in all footage other than the corocoro art pic. Did GF finally say "we need to lose some spikes/stripes?

Hmm... that would be amazing.

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, Mega Rayquaza has been revealed. There isn't really a clean picture of it yet, but it looks very interesting.

It retains its Dragon-Flying typing, but its ability, Delta Stream, calls a new form of weather that causes moves that would be super effective against a targeted Flying-type, Ice, Rock, and Electric types, to be treated as though they were Normal-types. That is, under the effects of Delta Stream, all Flying-types in battle lose their weaknesses. What this means for Rayquaza, is that it is effectively a pure Dragon-type, but with the STAB and resistances of a Flying-type as well.

Rayquaza also gets a signature move in Dragon Ascent, which is supposed to be the strongest Flying-type move, but, apparently reduces Rayquaza's Defense and Special Defense.

Personally, I find Rayquaza's new form to be interesting, and I think it fits pretty well.

Also, a bit of lore has been released:

Quote:
It was a primal age, early in the world's history... The natural world was overflowing with energy. That energy granted Groudon and Kyogre an overwhelming power. Seeking ever more of that energy for themselves, the two clashed again and again, and their battles cast the people and Pokémon of Hoenn into great danger. Brimming with the overwhelming power granted by the energy of nature, this transformation was named by later people "Primal Reversion." And the people called their tormentors Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.

One Pokémon looked down upon this battle from the sky above. The Pokémon that dances in the heavens: Rayquaza. Rayquaza is venerated by the people of Hoenn as their protector and savior. When Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre had battled for 20 dawns and 20 nights, the world began to lose its natural balance and tilt toward destruction. The people, unable to endure any more, cried out to their mighty savior Rayquaza before a great stone that shone with rainbow brilliance. And a change came upon Rayquaza, weaving in the sky above Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Suffused in brilliant light, its body began to transform visibly. And then...

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!
I was on the official pokemon website, and I saw this. I had to hold back a scream of joy.

M. Rayquaza is in my opnion, is one of two of the BEST LOOKING MEGAS RELEASED FOR THIS GAME. (2nd being M. Swampert).

The overall desgin is very majestic and emphsizes its power. Delta Stream is an interesting ability though ill need to see it in battle for final judgment.

As for this OP Flying move. Makes sense, since he IS the sky high pokemon.

I am interested to see how he mega evolves since he does not follow the normal mega stone way.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:03 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My God. I think I have a new favorite Pokémon.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can't see well in that video, but it looks nice. I kind of dislike the thing it have infront of his face, but the yellow thingies floating around him are great.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
I can't see well in that video, but it looks nice. I kind of dislike the thing it have infront of his face, but the yellow thingies floating around him are great.

Well, those are just his lower horns turned forward into a triangular shape. The Greek letter Delta is a simple triangle, which they translated well here, if only because it matches the theme that Kyogre and Groudon set with Alpha and Omega, but I think it still looks good on him. It also gives me just a bit more hope that Delta Emerald might actually be a thing; I think that I would prefer it and Z to X2 and Y2 at any rate.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:02 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm really looking forward to these remakes, I'll probably buy Omega Ruby firsts.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

please have kecleon in oras

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Beiber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signiature.

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I still prefer my Gallade and Gardevoir, but I have to admit; Mega Rayquaza is absolutely stunning. And that new ability is going to wreck weather-centered teams up, I know.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, those two panels on rayquaza's face are slightly tilted, so it looks better. (Finally a good picture)
But I think it's body would have looked better in dark grey with texture than black.

Still amazing design :)

Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:04 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

MEGA BEEDRILL!!!!!!1!!1!1 Also, Pigeot and Lati@s. One of these is better designed than the others.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Beedrill is one of the most underrated (in my opinion) Pokemon, ever. So this is great! And also horrifyingly applicable to my childhood memories of swarms of beedrill in the anime.

Pidgeot on the other hand...looks kind of uninspired to me. From the shot, it just appears as though they've cropped her crest, and dipped the tips of her wing and tail feathers in blue dye. No Guard Hurricane will be her calling card, though. It's nice to see Mega Latias and Mega Latios be finally revealed. There were way too many naysayers out there.

I get the sense that they're focusing on Hoenn and Kanto pokemon now, because of the remakes of Gen III (Ruby and Sapphire, but also Fire Red and Leaf Green). If this is the case, then we'll probably see more Johto and Sinnoh pokemon get Mega Evolutions in Gen VII.

About the included legendaries, Dialga and Palkia weren't unexpected, nor were Zekrom or Reshiram, although I thought that they had a less likely chance. The Eon Flute item may make an event for Navel Rock unnecessary, as apparently it allows for travel to distant islands where (non-event) legendaries reside. Birth Island and Faraway Island on the other hand, especially with the confirmation of the Eon Ticket, are looking more likely.

I wonder what the chances of an Azure Flute are...no, probably not as likely.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:12 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have to say, I was QUITE surprised to see Beedrill and Pidgeot Mega's.

Mega Pidgeot...does not look to have much "pop". But the no guard ability, and a stab Hurricane?.....This makes me want to use Pidgeot.

Mega Beedrill looks fierce. And Adaptability makes it even more fierce. I do feel like this helps Beedrill ALOT, Im not exactly 100% sure if this makes Beedrill more usefull. I personally dont think well be seeing Beedrill in OU cause of this Mega.

AS for the lati@s mega's. Meh. not really impressed.

So flying so now kinda like surfing? am I reading that right? THATS COOL! (if thats how it is).

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mega Steelix:

The return of the Crystal Onix! I thought that those references had been lost even before Tracey was. He gets Sand Force and retains his Ground-Steel typing, although I wouldn't have been surprised to see an Electric subtype, given the apparent magnetism in play. (Studiously ignores Nosepass and Probopass...)

Edit: Apparently some is posting screenshots of Steelix's stats, and someone on Smogon has used them to calculate these:

75/125/230/55/100/30
0/+40/+30/0/+35/0

Mega Glalie:

...Well, Glalie is literally just a floating head, I don't really know what I had expected. He suddenly looks much more frightening, and befitting of his demonic origin. I wonder if that jaw closes... Surprisingly, Glalie is still pure Ice, I'd have expected a Dark, or at the very least a Rock subtype. He also gets the ability Refrigerate, with Return and Explosion.

Likewise with Steelix, Glalie apparently has stats as well:

80/120/80/120/80/100
0/+40/0/+40/0/+20

Also, here's the official artwork for Mega Rayquaza:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:26 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You have no idea how pumped I am for Mega Glalie. I bred a shiny Snorunt a while back because shiny Glalie looks terrifying with its glowing red eyes. All will kneel before Bonechill!

Mektar out.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Are Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie happening? This isnt some Joke is it? Mainly cause those 2 Mega's Look SWEET.

I think the Mega will help Glalie greatly. He's one of my favorite Ice types, but, his move pool, stats and abilitys where....Meh at best for me. Hopefully Ill be able to use him greatly (mainly in some WiFi battles, hopefully, maybe).

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
Are Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie happening? This isnt some Joke is it? Mainly cause those 2 Mega's Look SWEET.

I think the Mega will help Glalie greatly. He's one of my favorite Ice types, but, his move pool, stats and abilitys where....Meh at best for me. Hopefully Ill be able to use him greatly (mainly in some WiFi battles, hopefully, maybe).

They were revealed with the demos. Players in Korea and Europe apparently get Mega Glalie in their demos, and players in Japan get Steelix at some point. This probably means good things if it goes region by region.

Also, it seems that US demos have finally been announced; we'll get them starting on the twenty-first, if we have a registered Pokemon Trainer Club account by the twentieth, from what I've read.

Also, I do believe that Fly has just virtually become an item through the Eon Flute:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I really hope that the story will not change much...
Hope steven gets mega metagross.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:31 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:
GofD wrote:

They were revealed with the demos. Players in Korea and Europe apparently get Mega Glalie in their demos, and players in Japan get Steelix at some point. This probably means good things if it goes region by region.

Also, it seems that US demos have finally been announced; we'll get them starting on the twenty-first, if we have a registered Pokemon Trainer Club account by the twentieth, from what I've read.

Each region gets its own exclusive mega's, or does each region reveal a new mega of the demos? Either way, hopefully this means a lot of GOOD mega's.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It might just be those two, Australia seems to have received Glalie as well.

There's a new feature through the PokeNav called the DexNav, which apparently works like the habitat function in BW2. However, if you have already captured a pokemon in the area, it will allow you to specifically seek out that pokemon and make it appear in the over world grass, and sneak up on it. It seems that any pokemon caught in this way will have an egg move, and a chance at it's hidden ability.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Curse you, curiosity! Aw well, the mined information wasn't really that important. Anyway, Smogon's ORAS Research Thread has everything unofficially recovered from the demo, including everything from trainer class images to trainer teams, as well as new Egg, Level-up, TM, and Tutor learn sets, although the actual tutor and TM lists were not found, and have only be guessed at.

Anyway, here are some spoilers that I thought were pertinent.

Highlight to view spoiler.
Crunch Gyarados FTW!

Mega Beedrill looks scary, but it's killed by priority. Had a major Special Attack cut, and he now has 150/15/145 offenses, plus Adaptability, but absolutely paper thin defenses.

Mega Slowbro with 95/180/80 defenses, with a 130 special attack and a reliable recovery move. Say hello to the King of Bulky Waters.

Hoopa evidently either gets a Mega, or a new form. Discussion seems to lean toward an alternate form, due to an odd increase in stats (+80 overall), and no change in ability, but does go from Psychic-Ghost to Psychic-Dark, and apparently looks like an evil clown.

Lopunny does get HJK, and has over 130 in both attack and speed.

Mega Gallade gets the defense and speed boosts that Gardevoir so desperately needed (68/165/95/65/115/110)

Hyper Voice, Knock Off, and Stealth Rock seem to return as tutor moves, Defog is not one; Diggersby gets Foul Play and Florges gets Synthesis through tutors

Last edited by Kiga on Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:24 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

highvoltagepikachu wrote:
I GOTTA GO BUY A 3DS RIGHT NOW, I AM SO EXCITED I CANT WAIT WOO HOO

:mrgreen: yyuyuuyuu

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next