It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Ruby Sapphire Remake, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sappire 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Altaria looks great. A bit chubby, but I like it. :)
Lopunny... well, I used to hate that pokemon, but now I hate it more. I can't help but see a slight resemblance to poop. And I already hated bows made of flesh.
Salamence... the face and the tail is a great improvement, but the removal of two legs is not. And the wiiings... I expected better from a favorite sincerely.

Except for Altaria, megas are a huge disappoitment this time.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
Altaria looks great. A bit chubby, but I like it. :)
Lopunny... well, I used to hate that pokemon, but now I hate it more. I can't help but see a slight resemblance to poop. And I already hated bows made of flesh.
Salamence... the face and the tail is a great improvement, but the removal of two legs is not. And the wiiings... I expected better from a favorite sincerely.

Except for Altaria, megas are a huge disappoitment this time.

Lopunny's not poop! She's cute! Very cute! And those bows made of flesh...she's a bunny. Why do you think flesh, and not fur? She's hardly odd when it comes to different forms of hair growth.

Also, and I just wanted to point this out because this a common point of complaint on Smogon already, but if you look closely as Salamence, it actually appears that he tucks his forelegs into the growths on his shoulders that act as shoulder plates, so that bit does even out a bit. His design isn't normal, per say, but it's not like there's a dramatic difference when compared to the wings he normally has. Now, if he had wings like a charizard, that'd be different, but Salamence has always had an 'off' wing structure.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
Lopunny is less of a sex object now.

With those torn-pantyhose legs, don't underestimate the communities of that kind...

Mega Altaria looks sweet, not sure about usefulness, assuming it stays defensive.

Mega Lopunny looks decent, nice typing with Scrappy but It'll depend on how it's stats fall. 76 Base attack will take a lot those 100 BST to become good.

Mega Mence.... if it didn't have the metal thing it would of been ok, but it just looks silly/bad (Maybe it would make more sense if Salamence flew backwards using his mouth as the jet exhaust.) It will be intresting to see how it's played, with a boosting item it's likely set to always be a DD set, so DD/Fire Blast/EQ or Dragon Claw/Return seem like it'll be predicable enough to play around. ...Smogon will still ban it.

Pikachu formes are like the Rotom of this gen. Still some of those moves boosted by light ball will make Pikachu somewhat useable.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

https://twitter.com/PokeWizardCali/stat ... 2486308864

Bagon gets pushed 9 spots back from its Hoenn Pokedex number in Generation 3 so at least 9 Pokemon are being added to the Hoenn Pokedex

The safest bet is that Budew, Roserade, Chingling, Magnezone, Rhyperior, Gallade, Probopoass, Dusknoir, and Froslass are those 9 Pokemon being added. However since Lopunny got a Mega Evolution (and all Pokemon who received Mega Evolutions in Pokemon X and Y except Blaziken due to its ties with an event for those games), it could be Buneary and Lopunny joining in at Budew and Chingling's expense, and make the Rose and Pure Incenses available after the main story is completed.

There's also the possibility of pulling a Sinnoh and expanding the Pokedex from where it previously left off (Platinum's expanded Pokedex was 152-210, continuing from the 151 of Diamond and Pearl)

I wouldn't count on Diancie being in the Pokedex since right now I consider it "the Blaziken" in this scenario.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It could just as easily be Magnezone and Probopass who get cut; the closest existing location in Hoenn that would facilitate their evolutions would be New Mauville, but if that were true, then they would be able to evolve in the originals. GF actively avoids implementing new evolutionary methods for old pokemon. Espeon and Umbreon were the perfect candidates for evolution via the sun and moon stones respectively, but because Umbreon didn't exist in Gen I, and the moon stone did, they didn't use that method.

I really do hope that the additional nine spots are for new relations, though. It wouldn't be that difficult to add in a new area to allow for magnetic evolutions; that have already shown a willingness to do this by adding the Magma hideout in between Ruby/Sapphire, and Emerald. Anyway, I could easily see them adding more pokemon after Metagross, or even Salamence, but before Regice.

For the most part, I'd expect a lot of the new pokemon to be available via horde battles, which have been confirmed to return. Dewford Cave seems to have 4 Makuhita + 1 Geodude hordes, with Whismur hordes in Rusterf Cave, and Numel hordes in Fiery Path. Also, Trainer Hordes now exist, according to the official site. They showed a 5 vs 1 Magma Grunt battle in what appears to be Slateport city, most likely around the museum, given the levels.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Trainer hordes will definitely give the games a bit more of an Anime feel I think. I'm excited.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, apparently, the Korean website has accidentally leaked Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino.

Slowbro (...predicatably) has Shell Armor, and should hopefully have the defenses of a Cloyster. Unfortunately, it loses Regenerator, but at least it still has Slack Off. I think it looks cute, in an "Oh God I'm Being Eaten" sort of way. I mean, his face just tells you that he's aware that there is a jaw containing some very large teeth circling his neck, and Oh God, they're coming from the wrong direction... The fact that he's managed to punch out holes for his forearms and tail might speak of a slow digestion, but at least he's managed to regain the use of his limbs. Very cute, in a sort of dark kind of way. By the way, he seems to stand upright on the tip of his tail, and the eyes that are now on the back of his neck are still glaring. It makes me completely rethink my perception of Slowbro. Poor Slowking.

Audino, like Altaria, gains a Fairy sub-type, and she gets Healer. She's cute, but not in a way that really makes me fall in love with her. It's just a very natural look; her design is very nurse-like, angelic, even. But, I always found Audino to be an odd pokemon anyway, and she's never really been a favorite of mine; I think I took way too many out back in White and White 2 to really appreciate her. It's probably sad that I prefer the mammal being eaten alive by a shellfish over her, but I think that it may be the darker aspect of my humor speaking...

So, Slowpoke, Audino, and Buneary for the Hoenn Dex 2.0?

Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:16 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Mega Slowbro is now the new site mascot. This is not up for debate.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm not sure about Megabro.... how can it stand on that tail. I really like the concept though, and I hope Slowking gets a Mega for the opposite
(Slowpoke overtaking the Shellder.)

Audino really fits into the group of Megas that should just be an evolution.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MasonTheChef wrote:
I'm not sure about Megabro.... how can it stand on that tail.

Here's the flavor text for Megabro:

Quote:
Energy was focused in the Shellder biting Slowbro's tail, and the result was that the hardness of the shell increased and it became an immensely hard suit of armor that can be damaged by no one. When the battle begins Mega Slowbro uses its tail to stand up straight and it propels itself like a spring.

This actually makes a lot of sense for Slowbro, the Hermit Crab Pokemon. Where ever Megabro exist naturally in the wild, I could easily see them living on their sides. It seems that they use their tails, (and minds, they are psychic-types, after all) to puff themselves up, in a sense, in the face a perceived threat, much like many real world animals. Because of this, I have to say that Mega Slowbro has one of my favorite designs, because it's something that I could actually see older slowbro becoming naturally, assuming the shellder continues to grow.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Being honest.....Not a big fan of Megabro or Audino.....

Mega Lopbunny- Never interested in Lopbunny.....Still not.

Mega Altaria- Ill have to admit a very interesting typing...... but again, never interested in Altaria, and this still doesn't make me interested.

Mega Mence- I like the Design, and yet I dont like the design. Its an Iffy one for me.

Contests and the Pickachu Costumes- Staying as far away from those as I can.

The past few posts for me...have been meh.

#Mega Shedinja

Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Someone needs an attitude check. The rest of the Pokemon world is getting pumped for remakes everyone's been waiting for. I mean this in the nicest way, lighten up :) But hey ultimately it's your opinion and I feel like I do a good job of respecting them. Hopefully this doesn't discourage you from getting those games.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vaporterra wrote:
Someone needs an attitude check. The rest of the Pokemon world is getting pumped for remakes everyone's been waiting for. I mean this in the nicest way, lighten up :) But hey ultimately it's your opinion and I feel like I do a good job of respecting them. Hopefully this doesn't discourage you from getting those games.

Oh dont me get wrong, Im EXTREMELY PUMPED FOR THESE GAMES. if anything, you should be telling me to calm down (DANG IT NOVEMBER GET HERE SOONER! ALSO WHY SO FREAKIN CLOSE TO X-MAS! IM NOT ALLOWED TO BUY STUFF LIKE THAT BEFORE X-MAS! WHY NINTENDO WHY! WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME! I WANT IT NOW TAKE MY MONEY!!!!)

Im just not a fan of the Mega's that have been released as of now for the remakes, that and contests and "dress up" Bore me, so kinda hard to be into that for me.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mega Audino makes me squee. I have this thing for angelic Pokemon.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's that time again! New Megas!

Mega Gallade Confirmed! He seems to follow Gardevoir, in that he loses the green in his body, opting for white instead, which I think is a nice touch. His chest horn also becomes much smaller, in contrast with Gardevoir; and it makes me wonder if he loses some of his empathetic powers as a result. He gets some sort of cape, though, that look like they may have some sort of functionality.

His arm blades...well they look like they mean business. This isn't augmented by the fact that his hands and feet have etherial flames on them, nope. Actually, the cape and the white body remind me of a nice tuxedo, and the horn a corsage, in direct relations o Gardevoir's ballroom gown. Yes, very nice. He drew a good stick, design wise, here.

This also reconfirms Wally, confirms that he will have a Gallade on his final team, and confirms that he will eventually be capable of Mega Evolution. Yay character development!

Mega Sharpedo... ... Oh my God, I'm having flashbacks of Garchomp's cleft...and I'm still not totally used it. Looking at his profile from the side, he looks alright, just a longer version of the shark that we all know and love, and design wise, this one actually makes sense. Still going to need to get used to it, though. It, like Gallade, retains it's typing, and it has Strong Jaw, which boosts the power of biting moves by fifty percent (I had to look this up, sorry), and it's getting boosts in all of its stats.

No matter what it looks like, this thing is going to be very threatening on the competitive side; I just have to point that out. It's already decently fast and fairly strong; if it runs Protect and Speed Boost, and builds up some speed before evolving, then it will have a fast Crunch that has a higher base power than M Gardevoir's Hyper Voice (80*1.5*1.5=180 > 175.5=90*1.3*1.5), and given that most offensive megas seem to get an attack boost just shy of a life orb boost, this would put M Sharpedo in the 155-160 range in attack. The thing the three wall breakers (M Gardevoir, M Medicham, M Heracross) lack is speed and reliable priority.

M Sharpedo looks like it will be just about around M Gardevoir's power level with Crunch, and it won't have to worry about steel-types resisting it. It'll have the speed the other three have dreamed of, and it has a STAB priority in Aqua Jet. I'm just grateful that it is naturally very, very frail, and that will draw away from it's attack boost (hopefully), and that it has no access to attack boosting moves. If this thing acts at all like I think it will, it's going to be something to watch for in the future.

Mega Camerupt... I'm very much torn here. On one hand, I want to say that it got off worse than Sharpedo did, design wise. It's literally just a mini furry volcano with legs, a head, a tail, and a decorative rock fountain to catch its magma. The flares of hair want to make me stare (hah!), and it even has Team Magma's symbol sharpie-d grown into its forehead. On the other hand, I want to say that it's cute! It's so determined now, compare to the way it normally is, and again, its head makes me want to stare. It was also a nice touch to have the rocks (the main three) grow out of those rings. This is basically the epitome of something that just should not exist, and yet it does, and I find myself fascinated by it.

It has Sheer Force, it loses speed, but gains increases everywhere else. Between Camerupt and Sharpedo, Mega Mightyena is basically a no go, for now.

In addition, more information about Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre has been released. Primal Kyogre will have the ability Sea of Beginnings, which will call a new weather that is termed as Strong Rain, while Primal Groudon's ability is Land of Endings, which calls out Strong Sunlight, respectively. Nothing is known about the weather effects, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was the return of perma ran and sun. Additionally, Groudon's new signature move is called Cliff's Blade.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:53 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What bugs me about M-Camerupt is that it's two volcanoes became one. Other than that I'm ok with it.
M-Sharpedo has way too many stripes, way too many..
M-Gallade is ok, I expected more green on him though. Inb4 Sailor moon/tux guy fan art.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:19 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Gallade is very well designed. Mega Sharpedo should have been this. I am indifferent towards Camerupt.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Gallade is very well designed, but I'm not sure what seems to look like arthritis on his hips. And the flames must be some kind of aura.

For Sharpedo, we have another case of overdetailed, but it doesn't look bad. Remove the six theet on his nose and it's all right.

And Camerupt; omg, what have they done.... http://img.desmotivaciones.es/201307/25D.jpg

Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Again, The mega Designs Dissapoint me. Not a fan of Camerupt and not a fan of Gallade to begin with, so there Mega's are meh.

Mega Sharpedo....Nintendo was trying to hard to be honest. Why does he have "teeth" on his snout? He's not a saw shark...

Im still looking forward to the remakes and the Primal Version of Groudon and Kyrogre. But overall im not looking forward to the Mega's.

Also, why no Primal Rayquazza Confirmation yet?

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*Off in the distance, one can hear a certain shipper girl running around in circles and squeeing over Mega Gallade with a passion that would put most other nutcases to SHAME for lack of initiative.*

That.
That is so beautiful.
That is so beautiful, that my brain keeps exploding and reforming.

Mega Sharpedo is a lil' bit ugly, but definitely a threat to be watching. Camrupt, it's a bit cute and the fountain catching the magma definitely catches my eye. But, I prefer Gallade.

<3 <3 <3
*Still squeeing. . . gosh, will it ever end?*

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mega Gallade retains Psychic-Fighting typing. Alright, I didn't expect a change there. Ability: Inner Focus...

*stares...faceplants*

*sigh...* Troll on, Troll Freak, Troll on.

He still looks great, though!

On a higher note, "Mega" Rayquaza has been confirmed to make an appearance in an upcoming demo! ...I think. Apparently Rayquaza is supposed to hold a secret to Mega Evolution in the demo, and a new mega will be revealed in said demo...I'm confusing myself, I think. I'm too tired, so I'll just repost what Serebii had to say, instead of paraphrasing:

Quote:
Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution. It also states about the demo version of the game. You will see a Mega Evolution for the first time in this demo, and you can then transfer it, as well as items you collect, over to the main games when they are released. It is also hinted that, if you play the demo every day, something special will happen.

I don't know what or where the demo is, or why they are leading us on with Rayquaza being linked to a mega without flat out confirming that Rayquaza is the mega, one that everyone wants. Ugh... I'll say it again, Troll on, Troll Freak, Troll on.

man I'm grouchy... I'm not going to be able to sleep now...

Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

First off, Cute Kirila is Banned from sugar until after ORAS is released.

Second:

Kiga wrote:
Quote:
Rayquaza is also said to hold a secret to Mega Evolution. It also states about the demo version of the game. You will see a Mega Evolution for the first time in this demo, and you can then transfer it, as well as items you collect, over to the main games when they are released. It is also hinted that, if you play the demo every day, something special will happen.

This intrigues me. Is it a Confirmation? Is it something different? The quote is vague at best, and pretty much makes one keep on wondering.

I would also like to know where this demo is. TO GOOGLE!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:47 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GofD wrote:
I would also like to know where this demo is. TO GOOGLE!

Apparently, there will be a serial code released in the October issue of CoroCoro, that will give us access to a trial version of ORAS(!), likely accessible through the eshop on the 3DS, where we will be able to pick between Grovyle, Combusken, and Marshtomp. A new mega will be released within the demo, we will be able to collect items, and everything is supposed to be able to transferred over to ORAS later on. Also, if you play it every day, something 'special' is supposed to happen.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

....Is this for Japan Only? Or will it be Worldwide?

Cause if its world wide, Ill most defiantly be wanting to play it.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm...not sure. CoroCoro is a Japanese publication, so it might just be for the Japanese players, but Pokemon is playing fully on a global stage now (where everyone gets everything that's pertinent around the same time), so I'm willing to bet that there will be localized distribution as well, especially if it is through the eShop. It should be out around October fifteenth, though, so we'll likely know more about it then.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next