It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 Werewolf 23 - Trust Issues - N5 Ends October 4th 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You said you could be a useful ally against the wolves. How so? If we find a wolf, it's easier to lynch them instead of waiting for you to slowly mark them. By the time that you're able to do that, you'd be pretty close to dead yourself from retaliatory marks, and you'd be fully dead by the next night. You'd be a slow suicide bomber.

I'm not saying that you're a wolf, I'm saying that you can't help us fight the wolves, assuming we're even able to identify one. I think you do have some use, but this isn't it, and I'm not sure what it is.

Also, this:
ChillBill wrote:
First, he is not completely cleared. Second, if he really can place marks as he says, then he's the equivalent of a serial [stabber]. Serial [stabbers] are one of the most dangerous roles for the town, are often indies, and usually not a bad lynch.

Replaced killer with stabber because he only marks people.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Game freeze.
No posting until my next update.

Goodbye
"

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So we have two modkills. A majority was not reached (4:3 ratio).
The modkills are:

James86134
He was
Quote:
NAME: Jacob Danik
FRANCHISE/ALIGN: Dead Space/Self

You're a Unitologist Zealot who will stop at nothing to initiate Convergence, an event that turns people and corpses alike into Necromorphs. Oh, and you hate Isaac Clarke.

Immunity: Zealot
You cannot be killed or Marked by the Necromorph.

Power 1: TURN IT OFF
Keep the Codex from Isaac Clarke. PM me ELEVATE and a username to change the Codex's holder. This can be done up to twice per day. This Power will fail if the targeted user isn't holding the Codex.

[LOCKED]Power 2: Power Down
Wait for the Necromorph to activate its 1st Power. You will convert to Scum. PM me CONVERGENCE AWAITS to activate an interesting power.

------
CONVERGENCE AWAITS
Endgame everyone, except the Necromorph and yourself
------

WINCON 1: Win as Scum
WINCON 2: Kill Isaac Clarke
WINCON 3: CONVERGENCE AWAITS

The second was torchie13125
She was
Quote:
NAME: Necromorph
FRANCHISE/ALIGN: Dead Space/Scum

WE MUST BE WHOLE WE MUST BE WHOLE WE MUST BE WHOLE WE MUST BE WHOLE WE MUST BE WHOLE KILL ISAAC CLARKE WE MUST BE WHOLE TURN IT OFF MAKE US WHOLE

Active Ability: Hunter
It takes 2 more Marks to kill you.

Power 1: TURN IT OFF
When you hold the Codex and Machine, combine them to unlock Power 3. PM me TURN IT OFF, and Jacob Danik will become scum and combine the items.

Power 2: KILL ISAAC CLARKE
If you find Clarke, PM me MAKE US WHOLE and they will receive 3 Marks.

------

Power 3: HAIL THE BRETHREN MOON
You will endgame in two more night phases.

-------

WINCON 1: Eliminate all threats
WINCON 2: HAIL THE BRETHREN MOON

Fletchling was passed the Tequila and the Birdseed. Since the Tequila has lesser priority, it was destroyed.
Wailord_2 is no longer restricted.
Marks:
Fletchling - 3/4
GhostPony750 - 2/4
Kiga - 1/4
Wailord_2 - 1/4

Night 3 ends August 16th!

Goodbye
"

Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So...um...has Night 3 ended?

Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have the update planned to come out tonight.
I've had no computer internet access recently, so I've been browsing from my phone.

Goodbye
"

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Vote: Haunted Water

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Haunted Water wrote:
I have the update planned to come out tonight.
I've had no computer internet access recently, so I've been browsing from my phone.

I need to be able to c/p. Which I can't do from my POS phone.

Goodbye
"

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

SanguinaryScientist has died! He was:
Quote:
NAME: Isaac Clarke
FRANCHISE/ALIGN: Dead Space/Non-Scum

Your Isaac Clarke, an engineer who is rather good at fixing things.... And killing them space zambies, too. Now, you're left in a foreign place, with only a Scavenger Bot, yourself, and your trusty Plasma Cutter.

Active Ability 1: Curb Stomp
Take any items from those whom you kill (final lynch vote or Power 2).

Active Ability 2: Kinesis Module
Redirect any seering or killing abilities (other than the scum NK) back towards the user. You will not know if this happened.

Power 1: Stasis Module
PM me STASIS SHOT and a username to activate. The user won't be able to speak (if used during the night) or activate any of their abilities, including their Active Abilities (if used during the day). This may kill the target.

Power 2: Plasma Cutter
Add one Mark upon a user of your choice by PMing me DISMEMBER and their username. This can only be used at Night.

WINCON 1: Combine the Codex and the Machine.
WINCON 2: Eliminate all threats

Marks:
Fletchling - 3/4
GhostPony750 - 2/4
Kiga - 1/4
Wailord_2 - 1/4
DNA - 1/4

CuteKirlia wrote:
VOTE: FLETCHLING

Because the Birdseed makes me wary. I am probably allowed to state whether or whether not I actually have a wincon, right? In response to Scientist.

You may paraphrase your wincon, but you cannot c/p it.

Goodbye
"

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:04 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I didn't mark anyone tonight, as you guys requested.

As far as Marks go we have a few explanations:

~SS probably marked Fletchling too, because he, like me, has an ability that marks people at night.
~This doesn't, however, explain who's placing marks during the day.
~There's only 1 new mark, and it was me. It could be SS, it might not be. All the other marks are the same, and the tequila is thankfully gone.

Now for the night kill.

~He was definitely killed by scum. Active Ability 2 basically confirms this. If he wasn't, the other guy would be dead, not him.
~I'm not sure if he used Stasis Shot on anyone. I almost said W_2, but he was handed the Egg. If anyone else could inexplicably not talk, we should go look.
~It looks like he had an instant win-con just like James and Torchie, which might explain why he asked for the Codex/Machine to be returned to him. Apparently they all have the same win-con, but SS was working against James/Torchie instead.

Did I miss anything?

Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Was planning on saying something like "Well, it seems like Isaac Clarke will have an easy life for the rest of the game, since 2 (and quite possibly all) of the people from his franchise just got modkilled." but then he died.

What does NK mean? iNstaKill?

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Different55 wrote:
Was planning on saying something like "Well, it seems like Isaac Clarke will have an easy life for the rest of the game, since 2 (and quite possibly all) of the people from his franchise just got modkilled." but then he died.

What does NK mean? iNstaKill?

Pretty much, unfortunately.

And NK stands for Night Kill.

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:42 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

...am I seriously coming back after an entire Saturday of me having a social life, and no new posts?
Where is everybody?

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm here, waiting for someone else to post. I don't have anything to say at the moment. We've got next to nothing to go on, but we can't let another night go by where the wolves get another kill closer to winning.

Do we want to try lynching DNA or Fletchling again? I think fletchling is safe; sounds like his wincon is just life and birdseed. We have no idea at the moment what DNA wants and he's a potential threat if he turns on us. All we have is his word that he's not going to mark someone. We have no idea if he's following through on those promises or not. To be honest, I find it slightly suspicious that the wolves aren't going after him, but maybe they're trying to confuse us.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Incoming wall of text

Quote:
To be honest, I find it slightly suspicious that the wolves aren't going after him, but maybe they're trying to confuse us.

Well, somebody marked me last night, and that was the only new mark placed. Was that SS or was that someone else? It's hard to tell.

Another observation I made, and it might be only a small point, but all the people who've died thus far have been really strong roles in some form or another:

Mektar: Badass space marine (I forgot his name), who took a whopping 6 marks to kill
JsXtm: Joel, someone who spells death for the Clicker
James: Jacob Danik, someone who can cooperate with the Necromorph
Torchie: The Necromorph, who with Jacob can end the game instantly
SS: Isaac, the guy who's working against Jacob/Necromorph

I've also noticed that, with the exception of the two MK'd ones, they said something to suggest they might be a threat. I looked over the thread in brief and noticed a few things:
~Mektar, before the game started, said 'Werewolf genocide incoming' probably in reference to his role card, then began to speak cryptically the next day, due to the Trollball (I think). The next day he's dead.
~JsXtm remarks during the following day that he suspects me of being dangerous since he saw me put a mark on somebody. The next day he's also dead.
~SS said that at the end of the last day he asked for the Codex and Machine to be returned to him. Shortly thereafter James/Torchie were modkilled, and their roles revealed them to be huge threats to him, since they directly referenced the Codex and Machine. The following day, he is dead too.

What I'm getting out of this is that there are a few patterns involved here. I can think of 3 possibilities, any 1 of which might be true or false:

~The Scum team is themed either partially or entirely around Dead Space. This is suggested by Torchie's role, and the fact that SS died immediately after 2 threats to him were killed off. From my perspective, it seems that there's at least 1 more player out there who wants the Codex and Machine, most likely another scum.

~The Scum team, or at least one member thereof, revolves around giving marks, either in whole or in part, potentially as a secondary win condition. This is suggested by JsXtm's suspicion of me involves me placing marks, and his subsequent death the very next day. (I'll say more about this point later in the post as I still have a bit more to say on it.)

~The Scum team is partially themed around Mektar's faction (which was called...Dark Horse? I think). I don't know how likely this is as Mektar was the first one to die and he could have just been a 'test kill' so this theory is just shaky at best.

Returning to the point about placing marks. There are at least 5 people in this game who are confirmed to be able to place marks, and there may be more besides.

• Torchie. She gives marks, though only specifically to Isaac and he gets exactly 3.
  • SS. He can give a mark to someone once per night. He may have been the one to give extra marks to Fletchling 2 nights ago (it was Fletchling, right? I know there was one unaccounted for) and myself last night. However, it may not have been. There is no way to tell now that JsXtm is gone.
  • DNA (myself). I can give a mark to someone once per night. I have also said that I will refrain from doing so. Both of these statements are claims I have made, and thus are open to speculation by the rest of you. I will continue to assert that they are true and will continue to act in such a manner, as my word is only as good as my actions.
  • Fletchling. His marking procedure is only conditional, as seen by Kiga being passed the birdseed, either by Fletchling or someone else. I forget what he said the criteria are, but I think Fletchling said he had to pass it to someone else to mark that player. If that's the case and his wincon is (allegedly) to hold onto the birdseed until game's end, why pass it at all?
  • An unknown player who can mark others during the day. I don't know who this is, except based on the past few days of events I know he exists, because he marked GP and SS during that time.

It's possible that there's a 6th one and that SS wasn't the one who marked me last night, but I can't say that for sure. For now I am going to assume that a 6th marker does not exist unless it is strongly suggested otherwise.

Of those 5, 2 of them are dead and the remaining 3 come under suspicion, simply because they can give marks and their word is all we have (I'm not trying to exclude myself from this here). The way I see it, because of that, we're all equally dangerous. The 5th unknown player is most likely either part of the scum faction or has distributing marks as a form of his win condition. Either way, what I find most mystifying is that no one's tried to kill Fletchling yet by placing the 4th mark, which is rather strange.

...okay, that last bit's not entirely true. I was holding the tequila and wanted to destroy it (since it's a dangerous item no matter how you look at it), and I thought if a dead player was holding an item, the item would be destroyed. Thus I passed it to Fletchling with the intent of destroying the tequila, but the birdseed got to him first so he's still alive. Either way, the tequila's gone and that's all I wanted.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:19 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Seeing how I do not wish for this game to end in a scum win - even though there's no town faction in this game - I grow somewhat wary. Thus, I have to look over recent posts in this thread and try and make an informed decision.

My suspicions lead me to do this, at least for now.

VOTE: CuteKirlia

There are a few reasons behind this.

First, due to the most recent 3 deaths, anyone who is related to Dead Space or has held the respective items (Codex/Machine) come under suspicion. Of those, both CuteKirlia and ChillBill are confirmed to have held them at some point - CK has held Machine Part 2, and CB the Codex.

So why am I voting for CK and not CB? I have a good reason for this. (At least, I'd like to believe it's good.)

At the end of the last day, CB posted in this otherwise-dead topic and pushed for a lynch. This is decidedly not scum-like behavior. (This could be a front to detract attention from himself and he could be scum too. I won't discount the possibility yet, but I want to go with something less shaky.)

CK has been lying very under-the-radar during this game. She has remarked at having a rather unusual win condition though hasn't said anything else (no one else even really brought up the topic of wincons), and when she does post, it's usually to post the phrase "I like my music" and then promptly vanish. Being under-the-radar is scum-like behavior, as scum tend to not draw attention to themselves - if they can get away without being noticed, they can simply end the game on night kills alone.

That's why I'm voting for CK today, until further notice. I await your defense, shipper girl.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Now that you mention it, her taste in music is a bit odd. I don't think HW would give someone a trollish ability like
Quote:
it's supposed to play music.

and then not do anything at all or give any explanation. If that ability was supposed to play music, then there would be music, late or not.

Withholding my vote for the moment to wait for a response from CK.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

HW mentioned in the last round that a majority is needed for a lynch. Right now we have 11 people so someone needs 6 votes to get lynched... judging by how the days have been going, I don't think we'll get any lynches for a while.

Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't want the day to end while I'm still waiting for someone who might not show up.

VOTE: CuteKirlia for now

Where is everyone, anyway?

Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Different55 wrote:
Where is everyone, anyway?

Well, I'm not that good at these kind of games, so I can't really help for now. o_O
I'll join the bandwagon and vote against CuteKirlia, because it is indeed strange.

[color]Vote: CuteKirlia[/color]

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sorry, my house's ha some internet issues and drama, so absence. ANYWAYS!
HW, BEATS BY CHRIS BROWN. That is the summation of my defense. Hope I am using that right?

MY OTHER DEFENSES: I have little to no idea how to actually play this - though I am enjoying it - and that Machine part I mentioned? That was randomly passed to me. I don't know who, I don't know what it does, I don't even know if I still have it.

P.S. sorry for the absence.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's... actually a pretty clever defense. *waits for HW's possible response*

Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:55 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Different55 wrote:
That's... actually a pretty clever defense. *waits for HW's possible response*

... ...
... ...
HW I swear to Fletchling if that role effect drives us all mad with insane music, you will be the first virgin sacrifice that I will give to Dread Lord to make it stop

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OH, YEAH!

I like my music too, don't I?

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:49 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

...you're going to be the second, just in case the first one doesn't work.

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:00 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

...so CK, while we're waiting for HW to do or not do something, do you have any actual words to say in your defense as to why I'm voting for you?

While I understand that having wacky Internet lately is fair enough, on prior days you have only been posting once or twice with "I like my music" and leaving anyway, not saying much else. This doesn't sit well with me.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next