It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Werewolf 23 - Trust Issues - N5 Ends October 4th 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Game freeze!
I just got back from one helluva night at a Three Days Grace concert. My ears are ringing and my legs are tired. I need sleep, as it's almost 1am right now. I'l update tomorrow.
People who sent in Night roles, you will recieve your results around the same time as the update.

Goodbye
"

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Excerpt from The Log of H.W. wrote:
Dawn, Day 2

Everyone made their way to the Community Center for pancakes this morning. Two people were missing. Then, as if on cue, Gus stumbled in, now with a gash in his head.
"Hey, everybody! Who wants to eat some food!" I had stated the obvious and called him drunk, but he was more cognitive than expected. "Why the hell you are calling me drunk?" he slurred.
"Well, it's kind of obvious when you have a bottle of Jose Cuevero in your hand, and half of it's gone." A boy spoke up. He said he was from Jersey, a Hugh School track star.
"All ya'll f**kas is jealous!" I held back laughter as I've never heard a drunken French accent before. "At least the college boy can party hard!"
At that moment, we stopped. Where was he? After an hour of searching, in parties, we finally found, rather Gus tripped over, the man.
"Gus, you drunk!" The man who seemed unfortunately stuck in Green Lantern cosplay said. "He's not passed out; he's dead!"

Mektar has died!
He was:

Quote:
NAME: Ripley
FRANCHISE/ALIGN: Dark Horse/Non-Scum

You shall kill all Xenomorphs. Why? Because you hate them. What other reasons do you need?

Active Ability: Colonial Marines
It'll take two more Marks to kill you.

Power 1: They're creating more?
Destroy any Dead Space or Dark Horse Item you come into contact with. PM me FLAMETHROWER and the name of the item any time to activate this.

WINCON 1: Destroy all Dead Space and Dark Horse Items
WINCON 2: Eliminate all threats

Marks:
GhostPony750 - 3/4

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:24 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Goddamnit, HW. Your stupid Trollball item framed me! I knew you guys wouldn't be able to figure out that I was forced to speak in riddles, I'm too good at making them. Whatever. *dies*

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mektar wrote:
Goddamnit, HW. Your stupid Trollball item framed me! I knew you guys wouldn't be able to figure out that I was forced to speak in riddles, I'm too good at making them. Whatever. *dies*

Does this mean that random string of stuff actually meant something? Can anybody figure out what he meant?
Quoted for your convenience:
Mektar wrote:
Who among us has been forcefully given the body of a lion and the voice of a tyrant?

EDIT: Could he be talking about an item? We were all "forcefully given" things, although I'm not sure what "the body of a lion and the voice of a tyrant" could be.

So 4 marks were made last night? With only 3 scum, and this:
Quote:
9. Whichever scummy PMs me first decides who gets killed. THE FIRST PM, GUYS. The scum will know who each other are; but it will be up to them to decide whether to work as a team, and work it out before PMing me, or to try to control the game by themselves... DUNDUNDUN.

does it mean that non-scum are handing out marks, too? Or can scum hand out multiple marks per person per night? What qualifies a person as scum in this game? There are several groups of threats, are all of them counted as scum?

And we can't just wait around for information from deaths like some people suggested yesterday.

Quote:
4. What should I look for in the recaps?
Information on what happened during the Day or Night is summed up in the recap. VERY RARELY will the style and/or reveal of death give anything away.

Like last game, the death reveals nothing, or it reveals something so infrequently that we're all likely to be dead before that happens. The only "reliable" source of information would be abilities. Anybody have some bits of information from last night that they'd be able and willing to share?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:55 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Geez, a non-scum who basically had 6 hit points was OHKO'd? That's not good for team non-scum.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:48 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

JsXtm wrote:
Geez, a non-scum who basically had 6 hit points was OHKO'd? That's not good for team non-scum.

I agree.

...which means that marks are probably not the only way to kill someone. His 6 HP didn't seem to mean a thing; he was just outright killed (because I really doubt there's some sort of ability that gives someone 6 marks, when it takes 4 to kill someone normally).

GP may very well be dead tomorrow as well, so we'll be down 2 - whether or not GP is a wolf remains to be seen, though. Either his mark from before is multiplying, or someone (or multiple someones) is/are giving him more. It's most likely him being given more.

I'd say a bit more but I think Different actually summed it up quite well. I'm quizzical about Mektar's voice-of-lion body-of-tyrant message too. It must mean something.
And part of me thinks that Green Lantern cosplay bit means something too, but that sounds a bit too stupid even for me.

Different55 wrote:

Not to cast doubt, but what makes you so certain there's 3 scum?

Quote:
2. Who are the werewolves?
A: your face, your face, aaannndddd...... your face.

...that doesn't count.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Different55 wrote:

Where are you getting the number 4 marks from? Unless I'm reading something wrong, weren't there just the two more that GhostPony received?

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

...Why do people not seem to understand that descriptions of people are things that are representative of themselves. In this case, Green Lantern cosplay is descriptive of somebody...

Goodbye
"

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:44 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

huh yeah. I must not have noticed he said 4 marks. It is only 2. *blinks*

Haunted Water wrote:
...Why do people not seem to understand that descriptions of people are things that are representative of themselves. In this case, Green Lantern cosplay is descriptive of somebody...

Well, this is you we're talking about here. You could be saying random things with no particular rhyme or reason to them.

That, and I've never been a fan of over-analyzing game updates, so...

Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wailord_2 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Where are you getting the number 4 marks from? Unless I'm reading something wrong, weren't there just the two more that GhostPony received?

Sorry, my number was off. I accidentally misread Mektar's role card thing and thought that it only took 2 marks to kill him.
2 marks for ghostpony, then 6 more marks to OHKO Mektar makes 8 marks in total in one night, although I don't think that Mektar was given 6 marks separately. There's probably a OHKO ability out there, making 2 marks and someone with a OHKO ability who may or may not be scum.

DNA wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Not to cast doubt, but what makes you so certain there's 3 scum?

Because HW said so: http://psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 25#p501939
Quote for your convenience:
Haunted Water wrote:
Hey guys, Sign-ups are closed. They'll be 3 Scum, 13 Non-Scum. This is because some non-scum do not need to survive and/or kill scum team to win.
The game will start one week from now.

What's all this about green lantern cosplay?

Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

DNA wrote:
Haunted Water wrote:

Well, this is you we're talking about here. You could be saying random things with no particular rhyme or reason to them.

That, and I've never been a fan of over-analyzing game updates, so...

Characters in H.W.'s logs (so far):

undergrad Art student from Chicago - Mektar (?)
man from Quebec, Gus Pony, Gus - GhostPony750
boy from Jersey, a High School track star - twistedturtwig
man who seemed unfortunately stuck in Green Lantern cosplay - Wailord_2

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:40 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Ah, right, he did say that. Don't know why I blanked on that.

@CG: Oh.
Well, that was painless. HW is more boring than I thought he was.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:57 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: On Pilgramage, on this nice little planet called Earth. I don't think they've noticed me yet.
Cherrygrove wrote:
Characters in H.W.'s logs (so far):

undergrad Art student from Chicago - Mektar (?)
man from Quebec, Gus Pony, Gus - GhostPony750
boy from Jersey, a High School track star - twistedturtwig
man who seemed unfortunately stuck in Green Lantern cosplay - Wailord_2

So HW know enough stuff about everybody to make them a character? Not sure if that's creepy and I should be scared of him, or if I should applaud him for good researching skills, or if he is only making detailed characters out of people he's know for a long time, and knows well.

Anyway, back on topic, body of a lion and voice of a tyrant... Scar from the Lion King? I really have no idea... I guess it's safe to assume that whatever it was he was asking for was an item, probably from either Dead Space or Dark Horse, since his goal was to destroy items from these games. And since he used the words "forcefully given", we can assume the item does something bad.

This is turning out to be one very interesting game... And I'm terrified.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If you had seen my role, you would know he doesn't.
Mektar was 99% killed with a one-shot ability, since in a game with marks it would be ridiculously overpowered to have someone that can outright kill more than one time. Whether they managed to learn Mektar's PM or just shot in the dark I don't know. If they are wolves, they either have some sort of seering ability which let them know of Mektar's 6 HP and then they used their killing move to take him out, or they're really lucky that their dumb move worked out. If they're not wolves, then again they aren't really good. Assuming this is an ability, whoever used it must either be scum and have himslef access to seering abilities or do it through his team, or non-scum who wasted a powerful killing move for show. The chance of someone having both a seering ability AND an one-shot kill are low, so I'll drop it.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:30 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It's safe to say that Mektar was killed by the Scum. It's hard to tell if they knew anything about his abilities or if they just got lucky and managed to take out someone with 6 HP. My understanding of the rules is that when we vote during the day, that's for a kill, not just a mark on whoever got voted out, otherwise this would take forever. I think the Marks are only in use by some characters' special abilities, and if they accumulate enough then they would die.

So, the questions are who is the scum who killed Mektar, and who hurt GhostPony750. I believe that the Scum know who each other are, so odds are good that whoever hurt GhostPony750 is scum as well (possible that GhostPony is ALSO scum and they're trying to throw things off, but it feels early to try to be that misdirected). It's also reasonable to believe that the same person did NOT do both of those actions, so likely at least two of the scum were active during the night.

GhostPony750, what do you have to say for yourself? Why would someone want you dead? Are you scum? Do you know something about the scum?

Also, I hate to say it, but Mektar only made one in-game post, which was extremely cryptic, and then he got killed by scum. So, maybe if we can figure out who he was pointing the finger at, we can find his killer?

One more tidbit, SanguinaryScientist, James86134, and torchie13125 have not been online since the Night phase started, so they are above suspicion for these two actions.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
(possible that GhostPony is ALSO scum and they're trying to throw things off, but it feels early to try to be that misdirected)

Nah, that doesn't make any sense. GP almost has enough marks to be dead. Why would the scum put one of their own members at risk like this so early in the game? No, it's my opinion that GP is not scum at all. He may know something about them, but he's not one of them.

Quote:
So, maybe if we can figure out who he was pointing the finger at, we can find his killer?

Maybe not his killer, but he was trying to tell us something. It may be hinting at a part of someone else's role, an item, or maybe even a win condition. I don't know if it's a lead to his killer, though... Somehow, I doubt this. But I could be wrong.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmmm. You know what? Mektar's poetry could point to...
Gahh, I got nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. It might make more sense after someone else dies, as morbid as that sounds.

But you know what?
I like my music anyway.

Heheheh... Wait for it...

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:
I like my music

I'm already regretting making this role

Goodbye
"

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:23 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have succeeded apparently...
Kinda wish I didn't.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

…Did that not make sense for anyone else?

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

It's HW. You should expect things to not make sense.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Midday update in about 4 hours, guys.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

SOMEONE had to get that role... heh...

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

>7 hours later
>still no midday update

Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next