It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Super Smash Bros 4 
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Captain Olimar and his Pikmin have been confirmed, along with what I'm assuming is the new Pikmin stage.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm shocked they haven't officially revealed the names of any stages yet.

Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:12 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

DatVu wrote:
(But Frost will say that Donkey Kong is a Nintendo original which makes it different and they should add Dixie whereas Resident Evil isn't, and even though 0 is Nintendo exclusive, Rebecca isn't as representative. Then I'll say something like yeah, but Snake isn't exclusive and Sonic isn't an original, so it makes just as much sense. And then Frost will be all, but Dixie's in more games and ****, and I'll be like, Rebecca adds more dynamic like Snake whereas Dixie could be clone-like, and Frost will say no, Dixie's different cause x, y, z, and Rebecca could be a Snake clone, and I'll think, agree to disagree, and stop posting and we'll get no where.)

I just want to kill dudes with her hair. :(

Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, I just checked the Smashbros website today and noticed that the Picture of the Day today, it showed Wii Fit Trainer and Villager in the 3ds version, so it confirms that those will be in both versions and they will have the same roster.

Also, since no one else said anything about it, Luigi was confirmed a couple of weeks ago, you know, in case anyone ever doubted that he was coming back.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:49 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I would love if they took out snake and replaced him with big boss. Big boss is freaking amazing

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:45 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Also, since no one else said anything about it, Luigi was confirmed a couple of weeks ago, you know, in case anyone ever doubted that he was coming back.

I don't think Luigi being confirmed is shocking, but rather the timing of it. Usually at this point they only confirm the 3rd party characters and those available from the start (keeping that in mind, looks like Megaman will be unlockable). This could potentially mean for the 1st time in the series, Luigi will be available from the start. However, they might've just hastened his revelation to coincide with the "Year of Luigi".

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

8-) Oh yeah, Weegee time. Immature time, too. Whenever someone mentions Luigi here, I just magically appear. ^^

I'M JUST SO EXCITED THAT THERE'S A NEW SMASH BROTHERS!

Let's see... Pit's new design is cool, Olimar is coming back, Toon Link is apparently returning as well (even though he is on a new stage as a background character), Mega Man will be the best 3rd party fighter ever, and the fact that Villager and Wii Fit Trainer are both being welcomed... I'm patiently awaiting the new Smash Brothers. I. WANT. IT.

XD Yup...

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:43 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Also Marth is back. I wonder if Ike will be brought back too. I think so since he seems like a popular Fire Emblem character outside of Japan. It's nice to have one of them speak English.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

:o MARTHA'S BACK? :D YAY!

*coughs*

I'm not fangirling... *innocent smile* I'm glad he's back. Marth deserves it. He needs to come back. So does Ike.

Wait a minute... *looks at Olimar picture, then notices something* STEVE! THE RED HAS A LEAF! :D

XD Yup...

Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:52 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

The new challenger, as revealed during today's Nintendo Direct is...

Rosalina & Luma. Rosalina seems to use the Luma as a puppet instead of it being its own entity like with the Ice Climbers.

Also it seems to have confirmed Rainbow Road as a new stage.

And a new trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPdutb_6DZU

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

21 characters (counting Pikmin+Olimar and Rosalina+Luma as 1 each) have been revealed so far

from SSB; available from start: Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu
from SSB; unlockable: Luigi
from SSBM; available from start: Peach, Bowser, Zelda
from SSBM; unlockable: Marth
from SSBB; available from star: Pit, Pikmin+Olimar, King Dedede
from SSBB; unlockable: Toon Link, Sonic
newcomers: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Megaman, Rosalina+Luma

Notable players that haven't been announced yet who many were probably expecting to be early reveals (if they were to come back): Yoshi, Wario, Meta Knight, and maybe to some extent Ike and Diddy Kong. Jigglypuff was revealed pretty late for SSB despite being an original SSB character, and Captain Falcon and Ness, if they are coming back, we will probably have to wait as well.

Since Luigi, Marth, and Toon Link have been revealed this early, they might be available from the start, since in SSBB they revealed all the starting characters earlier than the unlockable players, aside from the 3rd party characters. So I'm thinking Megaman will probably be unlockable as well.

Also about 1/4 of the characters so far are female, which I think is interesting. But really aside from bringing back Ice Climbers for Nana and if Jigglypuff is considered female due to its personality and male/female ratio, not too many possibilities left for major female players. I think Birdo or Dixie Kong would be a stretch, and Krystal from Starfox would likely just be another clone.

Also if they do add another 3rd party character, Pacman or Crash Bandicoot or Spyro would be the first ones that come off the top of my head. I'd like Snake to return but a lot of people are doubting it. And they might still keep it at 2 3rd party characters as well.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

vaporterra wrote:
Also if they do add another 3rd party character, Pacman or Crash Bandicoot or Spyro would be the first ones that come off the top of my head. I'd like Snake to return but a lot of people are doubting it. And they might still keep it at 2 3rd party characters as well.

I would be so happy if more 3rd party characters were added, ESPECIALLY Spyro. I would absolutely play the **** out of any SSB game including Spyro. And hey, if they added Cynder to the lineup too, even better.

I'm also just going to state that I'm relieved Lucario's back. I thought for sure that he was going to get cut or replaced by Zoroark or something.

sad but rad

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Post Nintendo Direct update:
-you can play as either male or female Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac will have a retro outfit as a costume choice. Not sure if male/female Wii Fit Trainers will be counted as separate players but if they are, I guess we have some more clones.
-Yoshi, Charizard(not Pokemon Trainer, Ivysaur, or Squirtle), Sheik(separate from Zelda), and ZSS(separate from standard Samus) return. Zelda and Sheik have new B-down moves.
-Greninja is a new playable character
-Smash run will be a 3DS exclusive new mode. Several enemies from Subspace Emissary and Nintendo Games will appear, including Chandelure.
-Lucario and Charizard seem to Mega Evolve for their final smash
-Olimar now only has 3 Pikmin max following him around.
-Many new and returning Poke Ball Pokemon were announced including Meowth, Metagross, Staryu, Entei, Keldeo, Victini, and Xerneas. Also a separate item, the Master Ball, will be the only Poke Ball that releases legendary Pokemon.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:08 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

So hyped for the games. The fact that the 3ds version is coming out 1st is a terrible idea though. They should want to push more Wii u sales. And Samus is still blatant eye candy, unfortunately. Also, PLAYABLE GRENINJA. Great choice, imo. If forms were still in, I could also see Aegislash in that slot.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well it's not necessarily a bad idea since that means people with 3DS's (me) only have to wait a few more months. Also they're waiting for Winter for Wii U because of holiday season shopping.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 am
THE POWER IS ON!

So these are the characters from the older games that haven't been confirmed as returning yet:
Captain Falcon, Dr. Mario, Falco, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Meta Knight, Mewtwo, Ness, Pichu, ROB, Roy, Snake, Squirtle, Wario, Wolf, Young Link

The only omissions that really surprise me so far are Ganondorf, because he's a Zelda mainstay, and Wario, because he's a unique character in Smash and pretty important in general. Falcon, Ness and Jigglypuff I fully expect to be there as hidden characters once again. Young Link basically lives on in the form of Toon Link ( :roll: ).

The only ones I'd personally miss if they don't make it to SSB4 are Jigglypuff and the Ice Climbers because they're unique cute characters and have been around for multiple Smash games now. Conversely, I would not care if the following characters DID NOT return: one of Falco/Wolf, Pichu (lol), Lucas and Roy because they are all clones. If they were actually changed up from their counterparts I'd be okay with it.

I don't expect Squirtle or Ivysaur to return as it's confirmed that there are no "changing" characters and, frankly, Ivysaur being in Brawl in the first place was a push. I also think we would have heard about Snake returning by now if that were happening.

Thought on the new characters confirmed so far (Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Greninja, Palutena, Mii, Mega Man): Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer and Palutena are all kind of WTF choices, Palutena being the most WTF to me, but at least they're making up for Brawl's total lack of new females and I will definitely use Rosalina. Greninja being selected in favor of any other Starter/Legendary/etc is another head scratcher for me to be honest, but still an interesting choice nonetheless. Pac-Man and Mega Man are both great third-party choices and have Nintendo ties. <3 Little Mac as the token retro-ish character is fantastic and I will use him too. Having Villager AND Mii feels a little redundant and I'm over Miis being inserted as playable characters into every Nintendo game lately.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:56 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, I think that Thanatos would be a much better fit than Palutena. We need more villains, he's funny, and has an amazing assortment of moves. Other than that, I was quite impressed by Nintendo's presentation this year. We have a clear winner of E3.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:20 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Robin and Lucina from Fire Emblem confirmed today, along with Captain Falcon's return.

Still waiting on my Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers confirmation. Also, four Fire Emblem characters is a bit ridiculous. Nothing against the series but it is not a huge seller and so IMO it shouldn't have more representation than basically every other series besides Mario and Pokemon.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I watched the video live, and was impressed. People seem to be complaining that Lucina is just a Marth clone, but it's more than that. Of all the character clones they've made in the past, Lucina is the first female one. I think Nintendo is making a conscious effort to ensure a larger percentage of female and androgynous characters in the roster and increase the game's audience. The Wii Fit Trainer, the Villager, the Miis, and now Robin offer both gender options, while newcomers like Rosalina and Palutena are just as welcome. While only Sheik and Samus stray from the ever-present 'princess' stereotype, it's still great that we can show future generations of gamers that women can be just as good at beating the crap out of dinosaurs as men are.

Mektar out.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:16 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Mektar wrote:
While only Sheik and Samus stray from the ever-present 'princess' stereotype,

Also I don't care if Sheik IS Zelda. To me he counts as male.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:44 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Anyway, they just leaked a probably legit video of the final roster. I can see why they kept these newcomers hidden, they're all either awful or unnecessary. I shall now rant about most of them, so stop reading now if you are skeptical or don't want spoilers.

Ganondorf has the same moveset
It would have made so much more sense to give the almighty Ganondorf a moveset that better captures how he acts in the Zelda games. Then F-Zero's main antagonist, Black Shadow, could have joined in the fray with his old one, providing more exposure for that franchise. But, they blew it.

No Ice Climbers
Frost will be sad to hear this. They were very unique, and many liked playing as the cute couple in previous games. The devs were problably just too lazy to program them, as I'm almost positive they're more complicated than all the other characters.

Xenoblade's Shulk is playable
EDIT: This one is official
Bah. I didn't like Xenoblade nearly as much as Last Story, but that's not the problem here. The problem is that Shulk is such a bland character, despite being the protagonist. He's just some dude who figured out how to get a magic sword to work. Out of all seven playable characters in the game, I used him the least. Fiora, on the other hand, is a badass android chick with shoulder mounted laser drones who duel-wields huge daggers. Why is she not playable instead?

Bowser Jr. is playable
We needed more villains, but not this one. He even fights in his stupid clown car like a wimp. Should have been King K. Rool in this slot.

Duck Hunt Dog is playable
W-W-WHY??? At least Wii Fit Trainer can kick stuff, what possibly could have motivated Sakurai to do this? I cannot comprehend this madness.

Mektar out.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Duck Hunt Dog is okay for the lulz but screw Bowser Jr. and dropping the Ice Climbers. HOWEVER if Dixie Kong is in and Mewtwo returns (I've seen full select screen rosters but they could also just be fake leaks), that mitigates some of the damage. Also lol they're never going to change Ganondorf at this point.

ETA: OKAY ALSO this "Ice Climbers were cut because of 3DS limitations" thing just needs to stop. The 3DS can handle 4 Rosalina/Luma, 4 Olimar/12 Pikmin, 4 Duck Hunt Dog/ducks and (if they're in) 12 Chorus Kids on screen at once. I'm not buying tech limitations as the reason.

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:35 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

-OUT: Ice Climbers, Ivysaur, Lucas, Snake, Squirtle, Wolf
-STILL OUT: Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy, Young Link
-NOT IN: Ridley, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men
-BACK IN: Dr. Mario
-NEWLY IN: Alph, Bowser Jr./Koopaling, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Greninja, Little Mac, Lucina, Mega Man, Miis, Pac-Man, Palutena, Robins, Rosalina, Shulk, Villagers, Wii Fitters

FROST'S VERDICT: The only lamentable cut was the Ice Climbers and I can't wrap my mind around how four Olimars and twelve Pikmin, four Duck Hunt dogs + ducks or four Rosalina and Lumas were acceptable for the 3DS hardware but four Popos and Nanas were too much and we had to lose them. I do think it's cool that Bowser Jr. and Olimar can swap out for all of the Koopalings and Alpha, and I am SUPER excited about these additions: Little Mac and Rosalina. I am super lamed out by these additions: Mii Fighters and DARK PIT. With Nintendo actually adding new characters to Mario Kart 8 DLC, I am hopeful that Smash 4's roster may grow in the future and possibility bring back some of the cut veterans.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I played that demo, and I got close to suicide when I noticed that Jigglypuff wasn't available. Then, following, my habits, I grabbed Pikachu, and the joystick slipped out of my thumb's grab and I just died.

Seriously, the controls are horrifyingly bad. It was like "Pikachu, nooo!" everytime I tried to do a side attack. I guess I'll need to build a device that will encourage the joystick to visit the sides of the hole sometimes.

Ps. Young Link is in the 3DS version.

Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm looking forward to playing it online with the people on my friends list

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:08 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next