It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Ruby Sapphire Remake, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sappire 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

...Pokemon Platinum, seventeen times. Pretty close.

Back on topic, I WILL GET THIS IF I CAN. They are certain to have RALTS, which = Mega Gardevoir, so duhhh beside transferring mine special ones.

Mega Milotic... yes, and Mega Roserade. Why not?
HURRY UP GAMEFREAKKK
BEFORE I EXPLODE FROM FREAKING OUT

...oh, and Groundon and Kyogre confirmed to not be Megas, right? They look pretty sweet to me either way.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mega Sableye is great. o_O They have been bright enough not to build up a huge monster and put random gems everywhere. So yep, I like it. :)

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I like it...but.....not a fan of the Giant Crystal it hides behind though. Other than that it looks great.

Also I am currently throwing my wallet at my screen, trying to get Nintendo to hurry up and give me Omega Ruby....

Its not working.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, could the circled shape be a return of the Distortion World?

It looks quite similar to the original rendition, and, depending on how you look at it, it could be said that it opens above Mt. Pyre.

Here's the Sinnoh map for comparison:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To start, I no see the battle Frontier.

Second more to the point about the distortion World. I want to say.......dont get your hopes up. I mean...its kinda viable, but I wouldnt be surprised if its something else.

Third, Im happy the map stayed the same. Im still looking towards November with a happy smile. Hoping to see more Megas as well.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey guys: Jirachi, Mirage Island, the regis. :o

Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:34 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

There's a blotched out spot, they've got something under there they want to reveal. I personally think it's the Frontier returning ^^

Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Fletchling wrote:
There's a blotched out spot, they've got something under there they want to reveal. I personally think it's the Frontier returning ^^

The splotch is in the wrong spot for it to be the battle Frontier. The battle Frontier should be down in the Bottom right corner.

After thinking about it, I think the spot might have to do with something about the Primal forms.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(Super) Secret Bases have been announced! As has the return of capture the flag!

It seems as though we are able to invite other players, dubbed "Secret Pals", to stay in our base, and by doing so, we can gain their support in the form of special abilities, which will most likely be something similar to O-Powers. We will also, apparently, be able to register (Super) Secret Bases through QR Codes, as opposed to just over the Internet, which seems to indicate that they are trying to get over the hurdle that not everyone has Internet access.

Well, I don't know if it will do any good or not, but I should probably get started on that Mono-Healing Wish-Blissey team...

Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What bugs me about the base reveal is that it's going back to representing other trainers as set class sprites. I really hope they don't remove character customization in this game. (I hate how Brendan looks.)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Coro Coro leak time!

Mega Metagross has been leaked, and it is confirmed that Steven has one, and it appears that there will be different pokemon in Hoenn than before.

Last edited by Kiga on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dafuq is this. o_O It reminds me the Angel in the Resistance serie.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For a Mega, it was looking good until they added a spike to his face. :/

My guess for ability is Tough Claws.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MasonTheChef wrote:

Actually, I've seen the theory that MegaGross is a fusion of Metagross and a Metang, where the Metang's arms are MegaGross' lower front set. From what's visible, there are six arms four in the front and two in the back, Metang's side spines and nose are present, and there are even eyeholes below the ridge. What makes this theory, and MegaGross' design in particular, interesting, is that it would fit perfectly with the Beldum line's biological history.

Tough Claws seems like a good guess, as does Iron Fist. Anything aside from Clear Body or Light Metal would probably be good, to be honest.

Please no Honey Gather, GF.

Edit:

Actually, someone just pointed this out:

There seems to be a Beldum hidden in there as well.

As if Metagross didn't look mean enough already... Already a much better design than MegaChomp.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Things to do to improve mega metagross:

-Remove these two legs behind. So it's floating. (Omg levitate
-Remove that spike on its face, useless and ugly detail, which doesn't even have texture. Just a straight spike...
-Add some texture to the claws, the body! A few cracks here and here would be great.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:57 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

MasonTheChef wrote:

The first scan Kiga posted reveals the ability to be Clear Body.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cherrygrove wrote:
MasonTheChef wrote:

The first scan Kiga posted reveals the ability to be Clear Body.

Do you mean this?

I think that's part of the profile for regular Metagross, and it's the only indication that I can see or make out that says Clear Body.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:37 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Oh yes, you are correct.

The text where I am quite sure its actual ability is listed is really blurry but かたいツメ (tough claws) kind of matches what can be made out.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im really not a fan of the design. I feel like they really could have done better on this one.

Better looking than Mega Pinsir though.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:47 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I actually like the spike, makes the thing look more like Metang. What I don't like is that the face X is gold now. The shiny becomes less special.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Always loved Generation 3. My favorite out of all the generations I've played. I'm pumped about this.

When it comes to the mega evolutions of the starters, I'm not fond of Swampert's design. It looks like he ate too many Krabby Patties. Blaziken was in X and Y and it looks like his design hasn't changed any and his design is still cool. My favorite design out of the three is Sceptie, plus he gains dragon characteristics in the process. It makes me wonder if they gave his mega dragon characteristics because he can learn Dragon Claw via TM. Nonetheless, I like it.

I believe more mega evolutions will be announced. I would like to see one for Flygon, Mightyena, Zangoose and Seviper.

Harry Dunne: I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little rockier than this.
Lloyd Christmas: Yeah, that John Denver is full of sh*t, man.

"Everybody gets caught up in these dunks. If someone dunked on you, then you go down and hit a three, who’s ahead?" – Larry Bird

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mektar wrote:
I actually like the spike, makes the thing look more like Metang. What I don't like is that the face X is gold now. The shiny becomes less special.

I don't mind the spike either. It makes sense, though it also wouldn't look bad if they put it on top of its head.

It's shiny was the best one of all of them that I've seen. I agree that it dulls down the value, but at least it gives a taste for trainers who have never had a shiny Metagross, or have never obtained one before.

Harry Dunne: I thought the Rocky Mountains would be a little rockier than this.
Lloyd Christmas: Yeah, that John Denver is full of sh*t, man.

"Everybody gets caught up in these dunks. If someone dunked on you, then you go down and hit a three, who’s ahead?" – Larry Bird

Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So, uh... new Megas time!

Mega Altaria, who is Dragon-Fairy with Pixilate.

She had this coming - a lot of Hoenn Pokemon, in particular, need megas to stay relevant; perhaps more so than Johto and Sinnoh at the moment, as Hoenn and Kanto are technically the oldest games, if you consider that Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver are still somewhat relevant in the younger generation of players - Platinum being '08 and HGSS being '10; whereas Fire Red and Leaf Green were '04 and Emerald was '05.

Anyway, yeah, Fairy-type Altaria seems to have always been an idea in the eyes of the community, and she gets Hyper Voice as an egg move. I would think of her as competition for M-Gardevoir, but the highest stat boost a mega has received in any one stat has been 50; Altaria sits at a base 70 special attack, so at most, she'll still be weaker than Gardevoir's base form, stat wise. Going by her other stats, and her move pool though, I'd say that she'll be more of a defensive and supportive mega - she gets Feather Dance, Refresh, Perish Song and Roost.

Also, stand aside, Mega Amphy!

-

Mega Lopunny, who is Normal-Fighting with Scrappy.

This is probably a good indication that Buneary will be in Hoenn, especially as she wasn't in Kalos, and they try to consolidate each generation so that every pokemon is available. She's so cute, though! With her bows, and her torn tights, and the way she looks like a Battle Girl now, and she's still smiling! I want one!

Scrappy means that her there will be no immunity to her stabs, so Normal now has perfect neutrality. She doesn't have much in the way of base stats though, which is unfortunate - she's more defensive with a high speed, which is an odd combination. Even with a maxed out attack, she'd peak at 126. She does have a huge move pool, though, especially on the supportive side - Baton Pass, Healing Wish, Teeter Dance, Thunder Wave, Encore, Magic Coat, and so on.

-

Mega Salamence with Aerilate, but no change in typing (not that the design even indicates anything different...).

Keeping an open mind is good. My first impression was "What. The. Hell". He loses his front legs, almost all of his bulk, and his wings fuse to his tail. Honestly, it looks like Salamence and Metagross traded design themes, while still maintaining a draconic and robotic appearance overall. But the more I look at it, the more it appeals to me. There will be a speed boost, of that, there is no doubt. It reminds me of...one of those military planes...a 747, right? Either that or a UFO.

But Bagon has always been known to want to fly, to the point that likely, over the period of several thousand years, A) millions jumped to their deaths before evolving to have hard heads and strong neck and spinal supports, and B) looking at Salamence now, his wings look new, in a Darwinistic sense. They have a poor design, especially for such a large body, and it kind of looks unnatural. Here though, it's kind of like looking at what Salamence will eventually evolve into; he's very streamlined and aerodynamic. I have long held the belief that Mega Evolutions are simply a means of artificially and temporarily forcing a pokemon to take a possible form that they will become after thousand of years of Darwinism, and Salamence fits the bill perfectly.

On the competitive side, that speed boost is happening. Not much to take advantage of Aerilate with, only Return and Double-Edge, but he does get Dragon Dance and Roost, and has a decent amount of bulk, and a much better Hp than many other megas. Actually, he does get Thrash, which might be devastating alongside Outrage. With the plating around his belly, it looks like he'll only gain physical bulk, which is good. For everyone who is afraid of Mega Pinsir, Salamence, at his base, has 20 less attack and 5 less speed, his Stealth Rock weakness isn't as bad, and he has the option of Intimidate or Moxie before evolving, as well as Dragon Dance, and reliable recovery, with the option to run power moves on the special side of the spectrum as well. Pinsir, on paper, only has Swords Dance, Quick Attack, and a less common, less reliable double weakness over him. As it is, I fear we may soon be longing for the days of Mega-Pinsir.

-

Also, for questions about what happens to a shiny Metagross' cross, now that they mega form's is gold? It goes cobalt, with a silver body! But why does this matter? It's not like we'll be able to get a beldum until after the game anyway, right? Wrong! It seems that there will be an event, similar to the Torchic event, in which we receive a *Shiny* Beldum, holding a Metagrossite! Squee!

...Ah, yeah, sorry...I just had a monster and two cups of coffee to pull off an all-nighter... But it's so exciting! I've always wanted to train a Beldum in Hoenn, and here's a legitimately shiny one for free!

Also, Cobalt:

Also, Pikachu is the new Rotom...

Rock Star gets Meteor Mash
Ph.D gets Electric Terrain
Pop Star gets Draining Kiss
Belle gets Icicle Crash
and Libre gets Flying Press

No word on any sort of type changes though, but they all make sense in some way, excluding Belle's Icicle Crash.

Not only that, but these forms seem to be available outside of Contests, although even if she's not an event, I'd still be surprised if just any Pikachu could dress up like this. It may turn out that she'll have some sort of relation to the Notch-Eared Pichu, who, if I recall, existed only in the last set of remakes.

I just had to check the news...and spend two hours, the morning of exam day, writing analysis's...ugh.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kiga wrote:
Summary of what Kirlia is looking at; Altaria Mega! Lopunny Mega! Such squee!

You literally exploded my brain with this, almost (but not to the extent) as Mega Gardevoir did. Suddenly, I'm glad I spent all that time breeding for a near-perfect shiny Buneary.
Though, Altaria's design. . . it is kind of pretty. I can't really put a direct name on it, but she reminds me of something. Hrrgh. You know, those people with white wigs, the way aristocrats used to dress in Europe? Yeah, like that.

As to Salamence, it seems like it might have trouble getting into the air by itself, but meh. Reminds me a little of the Lati@s, to be honest.
The special Pikachu seem interesting, but they add special stuff to Pikachu all the time. There's so many event Pikachu. It IS the mascot of the franchise, but still.

What I want to see are Mega Gallade, Roserade, and/or Luxray. That would be SWEET. Luxray's already got some difficulties due to lacking Physical Electric moves. Give them some love, Game Freak!

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Sweet. My favorite is Mega Altaria, it's so fluffy! I need a plushie of it immediately! Lopunny is less of a sex object now, and instead kicks ghosts in the face, which is nice. Salamence looks like some sort of demented flying pick-axe, would not use. But, it will likely be the most useful of the three competitively. Also pikachu costumes with new moves. Time to evolve my shiny event Pichu.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next