It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Pokemon Types by Image 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Whose that one Pokemon that you wish you could reassign its type by image

for my its Gyarados (Water/Flying type). i mean come on, Gyarados just screams out Dragon. if that's not the image of a Dragon, idk what is.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've been wondering this too... why flying type?
It's just... random. :|

Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Water/Dragon is a pretty good type combo so Gyarados would've liked that but I think it has some connection to how some highly experienced Magikarp being able to jump really high (kind of like flying).

I would probably make the Porygon family Normal and Psychic

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah i mean there is no need for the flying type...most dragons (in the myths) fly anyway so if Gyarados was a dragon, there would be no need to explain why it fly's

plus, it looks so much like the dragons used in the festivals in china.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Porygon Normal and Psychic...ummm hadn't thought about that one, but i can see Porygon being a Psychic Pokemon. Heck it learns practically every Psychic move anyway.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:48 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

bobertleoroy wrote:
Porygon Normal and Psychic...ummm hadn't thought about that one, but i can see Porygon being a Psychic Pokemon. Heck it learns practically every Psychic move anyway.

They probably didn't do it because Porygon is supposed to be a machine, so he isn't technically capable of being "psychic". Although how it's able to use their moves is still a mystery.

The one that confused me (and this is a very random Pokemon) was Baltoy. For whatever reason, I could never ever remember that it was part Psychic. >_>

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

actually Guardian that's a good point about Porygon, it is technically a "Machine". So why not Steel as well.

what do you think Baltoy should have been?

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Machines don't necessarily have to be metal, although a Steel-type evolution would have been interesting.

Baltoy seems like it would be pure Ground to me. I really didn't register the Psychic type in my head.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

see i don't know how to classify Baltoy at all. i mean in my head, all Ground type Pokemon should be, well, on the ground...Baltoy and Claydol both float so in this theory, neither should be ground

however, Baltoy and Claydol are made of clay, something that comes from the earth/ground, so in that regards Ground type does make since.

idk, perhaps i would make both Pokemon Rock type if i had a choice.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:30 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

If they had a strong magnetic core, they could theoretically levitate. Whether or not it's realistic is up to debate, but hey there are horses on fire in these games so!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i didn't think about the magnetic core aspect. that's quite interesting and could support the reason behind ground type.

haha these are the types of conversations i like though, it makes you think...regardless if its just a game of made up creatures.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:13 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{charizard} Why not a Fire/Dragon?

Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gyarados was originally a Water/Dragon, which would make it only weak to Dragon, since water resists ice.. This would make it nearly impossible to kill since in Gen I the only damaging Dragon type move was Dragon Rage, which only does 40 damage. Therefore meaning that Gyarados had nothing super effective against it. And I'm pretty sure thats also why Charizard isn't Fire/Dragon, but I'm not toatlyy sure about that one.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

bobertleoroy wrote:
i didn't think about the magnetic core aspect. that's quite interesting and could support the reason behind ground type.

haha these are the types of conversations i like though, it makes you think...regardless if its just a game of made up creatures.

I think that the ground type is more influenced by being made out of clay than being magnetic. Also, I thought that baltoy used its psychic powers to levitate.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think it's because I always give it Psychic, but I feel {magmar} should be Fire/Psychic.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jynx doesn't look very icy. Or psychic-y. It looks kinda normal-y.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would want {charizard} to be a Fire/Dragon, well it looks like a dragon and it would be more suitable for it

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:47 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Why are people still asking for Charizard to be Fire/Dragon? Get Pokemon X and Mega Evolve it. Problem Solved.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Not really. There are plenty of problems still. Some people don't like mega evolutions, some people don't like the new games, some people don't have the money to buy new things, and this is the kanto forum, not the kalos one.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:00 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm not a huge fan of Mega Evolutions but its not the end of the world. I think Nido's final evolutions should be part fighting!

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quote:
Not really. There are plenty of problems still. Some people don't like mega evolutions, some people don't like the new games, some people don't have the money to buy new things, and this is the kanto forum, not the kalos one.

Ok Mr.Technical/Worst Case Scenario. I realize what forum this is, but people have already made references to other regions/generations before me in this thread, it's no big deal as long as it stays on topic. And well if disliking Mega Evolutions is getting in the way of you using Charizard as a Dragon type Pokemon after all these years then that's your problem. And the new games are really good. No Pokemon game is perfect, but it's still Pokemon, and we all like Pokemon. Money is an issue though, especially when you're at that age where you can't get money to get stuff yourself, but your parents don't feel like getting you crap. But at this point (especially since Christmas, and maybe Hanukkah for some people, passed), I don't think affordability is an issue, at least for the Pokemon fans I'm friends with. There's still some people who didn't get and may never get the DS Pokemon games. That's just their thing.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, I need to work on the worst case scenario bit of my personality. That's annoying for everyone when it happens and it ends up irritating me as well.

The only thing that's stopped me from getting any pokemon games since Gen III is that I don't have enough money. I'll probably eventually get the DS pokemon games. 5 years from now or whatever. Are the new games becoming 3DS exclusive yet or could I still get them all with just a DS?

I think Abra looks a bit like a bug type. It almost looks like he has an exoskeleton like Beedrill.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]