It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Power Rangers: Celebrating 20 Years with Megaforce! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Make it 4 or 5. What would a girl-only Power Rangers team be like?
Still, I agree with the ratings except in 2 cases:
Ninja Storm was not that great for me. OK, it was fun, but nothing special.
Lost Galaxy always was my favorite. It was the first I ever saw, too. Its whole idea and plot really appealed to me.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So it blew my mind to find out that the first power rangers we knew in the states were really about season 5-6 in Japan. The originals were in black and white and just a team of 3 in some G-force style outfits. Was pretty rad walking through the power ranger museum in Kyoto. Not looking forward to Pirate Power Rangers, kind of seemed dumb.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:07 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, the basis for the first season of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, was the sixteenth season of Sentai in Japan. Sentai started in 1975, so it wasn't in black and white, and the first team (named Goranger) had five members that corresponded to the typical PR/SS setup of Red, Blue, Yellow, Green/Black and Pink.

Also Megaforce premiered yesterday and I saw the episode this morning. I am tentatively optimistic. The acting is a hell of a lot better than Samurai's, at the very least.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Must have just been the pictures then, since when I was there the photos for the first power rangers were black and white and had only 3 people in them.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:24 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Watched a bit of the Japanese versions while living there though, and the plots are different a bit too, kind of makes more sense and flows better.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Megaforce is actually pretty good so far. I would tentatively rank it above the final three Kalish seasons, Wild Force and Super/Samurai for certain. The best thing about it, and where Samurai failed horrifically, is that I like almost all of the cast/characters. Emma and Gia are much better female characters than Emily and Mia were -- seriously, Gia is freaking awesome, and in the last episode she basically led the other three Rangers into battle by calmly gesturing at the foot soldiers, all while Troy was out wandering ditches trying find Robo Knight -- and Noah and Jake are both better than Kevin and Mike. The only flaw is that the Red Ranger Troy, AKA the guy who is supposed to be carrying the show, is even more of a block of wood than JAYDEN was. Ugh. But this show kind of has a bad history of casting the worst actor of the bunch as the Red Ranger.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am a really big ranger/sentai/rider fan. I love the first season of MMPR. I am re watching every series on Netflix right now and I'm on Dino Thunder. I stopped watching it half way through In Space. In Space is my second favorite season. Though I think sentai is a lot better and kamen rider is better than sentai. Megaforce is really eh right now. And what they are doing for Super Megaforce brings me to tears since Gokaiger is my favorite sentai team.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I usually take Rangers vs. Sentai on a case by case basis. MMPR Season 1, for example, I think is better than Zyuranger because Zyuranger's heroes are quite dull, as the focus is on annoying children at their expense, and Bandora is the only interesting character. MMPR Season 3 and Kakuranger are quite different from each other but I found them equally appealing for different reasons. RPM is a vast improvement on Go-Onger. And then there are seasons (mostly under Kalish or Tzachor) that are basically pale imitations of the Sentai like, Mystic Force vs. Magiranger or Super/Samurai vs Shinkenger.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:56 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I am trying to collect one figure of every Power Ranger/Ranger-like ally in celebration of Super Megaforce, in which the Rangers can morph into every previous Ranger power. Here is my progress so far:

It's Morphin Time! (Missing: Billy)

Go Go Power Rangers! (Missing: Blue and White Rangers)

Ninja Ranger Power! (Missing: Ninjor and the Alien Rangers)

It's Morphin Time! Power Rangers ZEO!

Shift into Turbo! (Missing: Phantom)

Let's Rocket!

Go Galactic! (Missing: Pink)

Lightspeed Rescue! (Missing: Yellow)

Time for Time Force!

Wild Access!

Ninja/Thunder/Samurai Storm, Ranger Form! HA!

Dino Thunder, Power Up! HA!

SPD, Emergency! (No official Kat or Nova Ranger figures exist. :()

Magical Source, Mystic Force! (No official Mystic White or Gatekeeper Figures exist. :()

Overdrive, Accelerate!

Jungle Beast, Spirit Unleashed! (Missing: Wolf, Rhino, Shark, Jarrod and Camille.)

RPM, Get in Gear! (Missing: Gold and Silver.)

Go Go Samurai! (Missing: Female Red, Blue, Green and Pink.)

It's Morphin' Time! Go Go Megaforce!

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wow, a huge collection. o_O

Is there any figures still in their boxes? Or they they actually have a value?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:48 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

For the first six or so teams, I had those toys as a kid and obviously opened and played with them, and pretty much all of the later toys I got in a lot listing and they were open too. I've only bought Samurai and Megaforce figures in their original packaging and I'll be opening those too when I get them because they won't accumulate any real value over time. Some PR items have value but it's mostly the original toys or Deluxe Megazords still in their packaging, or random later releases that were super hard to find. The girl Rangers tend to be more valuable because they make less figures of them than the guys. But overall it's definitely a cheaper thing to collect than Pokemon cards.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2