It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Pokemon Viruses: Good or Bad? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I've heard that a Pokemon can get an infection called a "Pokerus". And from what I've read, they seem pretty awesome! But I was wondering: After the infection wares off after about 3 days, are there any after-effects that can take place? Such as the game not functioning properly etc. Or is it just a one off thing? Please feel free to share your stories and experiences. :)

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You don't have to yell! I'm right here!

It doubles EV gains. Good thing. Anything infected keeps it forever, the only thing that goes away is the ability to spread it, so you have to keep a carrier in the PC to keep being able to spread it.

I've gotten it twice, once in Ruby, once in White. How lucky for me.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Your game will function fine, it's something that was intentionally put in the games. 8-)

Check out Psypoke's pokerus guide - from what I remember though the chance of your Pokemon catching Pokerus is even more rare than encountering a shiny -- so good luck with encountering it. ;)

Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

You might get lucky like I did and get it from a trade in GTS! or you can just trade with me if you want. Which version do you have?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've seen 12 shinies but never got any Pokerus... :(

Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:09 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In Pokemon Gold (my first game), my Onix got Pokerus. I thought it was a bad thing because I thought the Onix evolves when it is at lvl. 50 (i was a newbie) and it didn't evolved while I trained it. I got Pokerus for the second time in Pokemon Black, when I caught a Slowpoke.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

pokerus is stupid because you get the stupid face :|

Tue May 07, 2013 4:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

filter wrote:
pokerus is stupid because you get the stupid face :|

...honestly? It's one of the best things that can happen. The EV's your Pokemon gains are doubled for a while until it runs off. It's extremely useful when training a Pokemon for competitive battling. So what if there's a little icon on its information page?

Wed May 08, 2013 5:09 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

the face shows that you cheated and that your pokémon is not happy about it
everyone trades pokérus nobody catches it themself they just play dirty and the face looks bad
train your pokémon honestly and it will look better

Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

^please read this
http://www.psypokes.com/lab/pokerus.php

Pokerus is a good thing and benifits your Pokemon growth and EV's

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Thu May 16, 2013 2:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

filter wrote:
everyone trades pokérus nobody catches it themself they just play dirty and the face looks bad

How is that cheating? It's an actual game mechanic. It's like a bonus round where you get double EVs. There is absolutely nothing bad about it. And trading with someone to receive a Pokemon with Pokerus does happen, but it's not like it's breaking any holy laws of Pokemon.

You sir, obviously are either a very bad troll or a potato.

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Thu May 16, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 16, 2013 4:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Can we not call people stupid, please? It's one of those trigger words for me.

Thu May 16, 2013 4:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Charphlokenapoar wrote:

Ignorant?

Black Friend Code --- 5158 2229 2547

Thu May 16, 2013 5:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I think everyone will find the replacement better.

Thu May 16, 2013 7:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

SanguinaryScientist wrote:
Charphlokenapoar wrote:

Ignorant?

Perfectly acceptable and probably correct.

Story time. When I was in the sixth grade, a friend and I were minding our own GOD-FRIGGIN-DANG business at a lunch table, and this dude comes up to us looking to start problems. I don't know why exactly, probably a self-confidence issue, but whatever the case, we ignored him. Until he started calling me stupid, then I lost it and bashed his face into the table and was suspended. (I know, right? That's it?) So, yeah, not real fond of that word for some strange reason that a therapist a few years down the road will probably help me figure out, causing me to reunite with my father after an untold amount of years (untold because I haven't told you) with tears and punches and hugs and more punches and, finally, alcohol. Which will then lead to more punches.

Thu May 16, 2013 8:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
filter wrote:

How is that cheating? It's an actual game mechanic. It's like a bonus round where you get double EVs. There is absolutely nothing bad about it. And trading with someone to receive a Pokemon with Pokerus does happen, but it's not like it's breaking any holy laws of Pokemon.

I guess I'll be the potato. And I agree, this face is really horrible, but well, it helps alot in training!
But I personaly dont care so much about heavy training, I have no friends to compete with, or they just sux :(

Thu May 16, 2013 10:32 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Remind me again why we all refuelled a fight that died long ago?

Oh and Twisty, its permanent, even after the contaminating affects are gone, the EV double remains.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Fri May 17, 2013 4:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My mistake. I had thought that it only lasted the few days, but I guess it doesn't! I'll have to start spreading it through my party when I begin to EV train some Pokemon.

Fri May 17, 2013 5:10 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
My mistake. I had thought that it only lasted the few days, but I guess it doesn't! I'll have to start spreading it through my party when I begin to EV train some Pokemon.

The spreading ability disappear after few days, but if you leave a pokemon in the box, the virus will be "frozen", so the spreading ability will be here forever.

Fri May 17, 2013 10:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes, I understand that. I had just meant about the double EVs. Maybe I'm not explaining this well enough... :lol:

Fri May 17, 2013 11:17 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
GhostPony750 wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:

The spreading ability disappear after few days, but if you leave a pokemon in the box, the virus will be "frozen", so the spreading ability will be here forever.

I think it only keeps it frozen for a few days. It all actually comes down to the nature I think.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sun May 19, 2013 1:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pokerus only lasts a specific amount of time when in the party, ranging from a couple of days to possibly a week depending on the strain it catches. But if an infected Pokemon is in the box, it won't "age" and be kept indefinitely until it is taken out, and the clock begins to tick again.

Sun May 19, 2013 7:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

twistedturtwig wrote:
filter wrote:

the face is your punishment for being lazy and using pokérus
I just don't support it.

Mon May 20, 2013 4:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

filter wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:
filter wrote:

the face is your punishment for being lazy and using pokérus
I just don't support it.

Ok, I'm done arguing. Apparently basic logic doesn't exist in this part of the internet.

Twisty: 0
Trolls: 1

Mon May 20, 2013 4:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokérus?

WHY DO YOU THINK IT IS A BAD THING?

You get double EVs! That's awesome! More power! Good. Very, very good. It would never do anything bad to your save file.

XD Yup...

Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]