It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Least Favorite (Unova) Pokemon 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm not going to comment, I'm not going to comment, I'm not going to-- Screw it.
Quote:
To anyone who's completely hating on 5th or even 4th generation (sometimes 3rd, which at this point is ridiculous since they've been around for 10 years counting the Japanese release of R/S), you gotta be more compassionate.
And why do we have to be more compassionate? There are reasons why some hate pokemon that others like and both parties have reasons. I used to hate Venusuar because of a bad childhood memory.
Quote:
If this generation came 1st, people would like it better.
:objection: That's a VERY BIG 'if'. But of course, people would, because they would have nothing to compare it to. Castlevania 2, for example, would have screwed the whole franchise over had it been first.
Quote:
As for my least favorite Unova pokemon, I guess Patrat. Simply because it's not that strong or good looking.
Normal type. Last I checked, Normal types weren't all that strong unless paired with a 2nd type.
Quote:
Basculin and Stunfisk aren't all bad. And don't complain about Basculin's 2 forms when there's still Unown.

Frost almost beat me to it. Almost.
Let's take a look at a few Gen V pokemon that have unique/rare typings.
Rare:
Emolga (Zapdos is the only other pokemon that I can recall that is electric flying)
Heatmor
Durant (and all the other Gen V steel bugs)
Unique:
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Moletta (both forms)
Victini
Stunfisk
Galvantula line
Golurk line
Chandelure line

I'm sure there is more, but I think I got enough. Stunfisk, though, isnt a bad idea. It's a good idea that got crapped on.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My least favorite is the Vanillite line as when I first saw this one my only thought is "are you kidding me an ice cream pokemon." Not to mention Vanilluxe has one of those annoying only a few shades away shiny forms.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really dislike Bouffolunt and Deerling, if that was spelled right. A lot of it is because of Sap Sipper, their usual ability. First time I beat Alder, he has a Bouffolunt. I decide to have my Gallade up Energy Ball.
EPIC FAIL. :frustrated:
Deering is dislikable... just because it seems a little dumb to me. The seasons thing annoyed me a little in the first place. The silly smiling Deerling that changed color was a bit more annoying. Funny thing is, I like Sawsbuck. They change appearances, not colors and that's ok.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't much like Deerling or Sawsbuck either…

I mean, the concept of changing with the season is interesting, but it was somewhat poorly pulled off in my opinion. So Sawsbuck's antlers and (leaf) manes change, and Deerling changes colors that I can't quite care to remember the order of. At least Castforn changes type. Minus the deer motif, when I was first introduced (no puns today, haha!) to Sawsbuck, or its concept at the very least, I thought that it might change type with its form, like Grass in the spring, Fire in the summer, Ground in the fall, and Ice in the winter, or maybe an ability that relied on the season. Looking back, I realize that this was a tad bit unfair, but I was still disappointed that it wasn't carried just a bit further. Sawsbuck might as well be related to Hippowdon for as much as the differing forms concept was played out.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Deerling and Sawsbuck are cool and you know maybe giving them types based on the season is something they will add later on. Rotom's forms didn't get new types until the next generation after their release. I hope seasons continue in Pokemon X and Y and don't get shafted like Pokemon encounters dependent on time of day.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Meh. It is true that I've never used Sawsbuck. I wouldn't start with Piplup for years because I didn't like Empoleon. When I finally did, it turned out that Empoleon (and the cute little penguin) became one of my favorite starters. If I can ever get around to it, I'll give Sawsbuck a chance, but my opinion is operating mostly off an old disappointment here.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Without a doubt, Trubbish and Garbodor. I've never really liked overflowing garbage bags, so I guess that's why I'm not too fond of them. Then there's the ice cream cones... I love ice cream, but don't want it able to attack me.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Why do people complain about ice-cream? Might as well start hating on Swirlix, the cotton candy pokemon now.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:21 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:
Why do people complain about ice-cream? Might as well start hating on Swirlix, the cotton candy pokemon now.

What a wonderful idea! I'll start right now. :mrgreen:

Well, my least favorite pokemon (Burnzz!!!!!) is Gothitelle.

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

NOOOOOO, WHY DO YOU HATER HER? SHE'S GARDEVOIR'S ALTERNATE PERSONALITY! NOOO! At least you don't hate gardevoir, that would be tragety... Do you? I hope not, because it would be sad to send a legion of Kirlia after your soul.

For some reason, this reminds me of a dream I had, where Nintendoe added a Knight-counterpart to Gothitelle in X and Y... It was weird.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nah, Gothitelle was an attempt to appeal to Gardevoir and Goth fans. For me, at least, it wasn't too successful… I think it was the accordion-like design, really...

btw…I HATEZ that ISE CREME and GARBGE and COTON CADNY Pokimanz. So unorginal!

sigh…Just following the bandwagon. But no, I do respect the right of opinion.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:21 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Oh cool, a Gothmuppet discussion!

Gardevoir is everything Gothmuppet wishes it could be. Gothmuppet is just a watered-down version with all of the flaws and none of the perks.

Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

True enough. But where do you possibly pull the term, "Gothmuppet" from? It makes Gothitelle sound like a Shuppet or something.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
True enough. But where do you possibly pull the term, "Gothmuppet" from? It makes Gothitelle sound like a Shuppet or something.

I think DNA is referring to the similarities that Gothitelle shares with the Muppets. I could be wrong, though, but she does look somewhat like a puppet. The Muppets freaked me out when I was a kid, though, so I don't know them that well.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ah. Now that makes sense.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:23 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Kiga wrote:
I think DNA is referring to the similarities that Gothitelle shares with the Muppets. I could be wrong, though, but she does look somewhat like a puppet. The Muppets freaked me out when I was a kid, though, so I don't know them that well.

You got it.
It's also what Frost calls Gothitelle, so it's rubbed off on me.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I never heard Frost mention Gothitelle, so I wouldn't know. Dialga darn it, the name's sounding pretty cool to me too... Gothmuppet. I think I'll steal that term as well. :P

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Least Favorite Unova Pokemon is by FAR Emolga. Think back to all those times you are Audino-Training, and you stumble upon an Emolga. You think you can kill it; Static or Thunder Wave occurs. Moreover. ELESA'S Emolgas. Oh my lord. I probably cried at least twice through out the MANY battles I had with her.

I created this banner, and I'm trying out new things, cause I need to work on this.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:19 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Okay, here's another one: Vanillite
everyone wrote:
Omg you hater!!!1!

I have the right to dislike a pokemon. :P
And also, its design is simply awful, it looks like ice cream.
everyone wrote:
Genwunner, it isn't ice cream!!!

It is a fact, indeed. But another fact is that it looks like ice cream, you can't deny it.
Yes, maybe it could be ice cream, but still look good, but look those faces; awful, and there is too much details on it.
everyone wrote:
Yet, you don't complain about magnemite, noob

Yes, magnemite is a metal ball with magnets and screw, but at least it looks good.
I can't say the same thing for magnezone tho.

And let's do the same thing with Garbodor.

People usually tend to support what is hated. When they came out, everyone was like "awful", and seeing how it was bandwagonned and everything, they started to support it. It happens all the time, it's psychology. But it is awful-looking. Same thing with Slurpuff; horrible.

Society like to see weak things defeat autority.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:10 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My least favourite unova pokemon by far has to be either patrat or basculin. I mean early game patrat can be such a pain, you can't go 30 seconds in the grass without a patrat popping up it just uses up so much time. Basculin is rhe magikarp of unova nuff said :frustrated:

Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

To say Basculin is at the same level of Magikarp would be obsurd. Basculin is not even close to being as bad as Magikarp, but probably is around Corsola and Luvdisc's range, if not slightly above. It's pretty much a novelty Pokemon.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Before I say anything, I must ask WHY DO PEOPLE HATE UNOVA? People say Trubbish is stupid, but what's Muk then? Koffing? Blobs. Honestly...

I never really liked Lilipup. Yes, the thing is adorable. But the fact it appears EVERYWHERE as MANY trainers' Pokémon is annoying. And Patrat is cute, but weak.

XD Yup...

Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lillipup's commonness with trainers is probably a reflection of how many people in real life are dog owners.

And honestly beats me why Unova gets as much hate as it does. Generation 5 was solid for the most part. But that's the way the world works sometimes. Last hired, first fired. Why the new kid can find it hard to make friends at school. It takes a while. Now that Generation 6 is out, people will be more focused on topics concerning that Generation. Ultimately some people's opinions change and some don't so don't let it get to you.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:29 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

This topic is also specifically about your least favorite Unova Pokemon mostly because it's in the Unova forum and was made when BW first came out.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:44 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thebluepik1 wrote:
Before I say anything, I must ask WHY DO PEOPLE HATE UNOVA? People say Trubbish is stupid, but what's Muk then? Koffing? Blobs. Honestly...

Before I say anything, if people say trubbish is stupid, then what the heck to muk and/or koffing have to do with anything? Nothing. Honestly...

I don't like whatever that ice cream-looking pokemon is because it makes me feel conflicted. I want to eat it because, and I don't care what anyone says about this, it's ice cream. But it has a face. I generally make it a rule to not eat faces, but I've never encountered this problem with ice cream before. Can I just wipe it's face off then eat it?

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next