It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Mega Evolutions 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:
What? Mega Banette?
Yes, I like the design. Banette are just cool in general anyways. There's something about it that I like... might train one up now just for the purpose. :D

Yep, I agree, its design is really great. probably my favorite mega evo.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:18 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Kiga wrote:
It's already been stated that no Kalos pokemon will have a Mega Form.

I know that already, it still is just as sad as ever imo I mean a feature like that that effects not 1 new Pokemon though? Oh well, just another thing I don't like about Mega Evolution...

Kiga wrote:
This is similar to Frost's disappointment with the lack of benefits for Ice types. I agree some pokemon are going to be ignored when it comes to Mega forms, similar to the way Ice is unfavored, and it would be nice to see good things happen for both cases, but Pokemon isn't perfect, and Nintendo can't be fair to every pokemon and keep the game balanced. Some pokemon are just going to draw the short straw. They do have some idea of what they are doing.

For the love of-it isn't that some pokemon are getting the low end of the stick but that half of the confirmed Mega Evolutions are for pokemon who I repeat...JUST DIDN'T NEED THEM. Now I learn that Tyranitar not only gets one but it also gets to keep it's weather generating ability for some reason. They have some idea of what they are doing alright, nothing game changing enough imo. At least some pokemon that actually needed them got them but some notable mentions have just been left out at least from the confirmed list & it's just sad...

Kiga wrote:
Yes, I know that Charizard X is a Charizard turned Shiny upon evolution, but first impressions are important. My first impression when I saw it was that it was a confirmation that Mega Pokemon will retain similar Shiny schemes. Then I saw the tusks.

Charizard X is Black. Shiny Charizard is Black. It is not unfair to say that there aren't similarities.

Alright but who said it was unfair to say that there were similarities cause that is not obviously NOT what was the intention of my statement & I don't see how one would feel the need to mention this at all what so ever. I was just saying that it wasn't Shiny cause what I got from the statement seemed to be saying simply that one thought it was. I also wish from 4th Gen to now they would have just kept Shiny Charizard more Black rather then that dark gray affair cause I don't see that as Black, I just don't...

Love Mega Aggron, needed & looks awesome & sleek. Hate Mega Tyranitar with a passion I have never witnessed before in my life I hate it I mean it is literally a pointless creation. Mega Gengar I don't mind as much but only cause it seems to have gone a bit in the Haunter direction visually & there was something else but I don't love it by any means...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

^ wah…? Old. I can't even fully remember what my argument was about… Umm…it seems that there were misunderstandings on both sides… I apologize.

Tyranitar-M isn't too bad, all things considered… There are pokemon with much worse designs, but I can understand some of where you are coming from. The Devil's Face design of the body is a bit on the gaudy side.

So... given that no one seems to have found any Starter Megas outside of Kanto, what are the chances that they and Legendary Megas will be Event only (such as Blazikenite…)? The list that Frost provided did include the Lati siblings, and it hasn't been wrong so far. In fact, aside from them, the only one left is Jynx.

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You get to choose a Kanto starter early in the game, and you get its correpsonding stone. Mega Evolution is later available in the game and the first Pokemon you can use it with is Lucario.
Edit: confirming the existence of Mega Ampharos.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mega Lati@s just shown up?

This, coupled with the strange souvenir, the backpacker comments the woman in the lift and other little bits really has me thinking there is another big surprise in store for this generation.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

So…is it just me, or have the Latis evolved into the same thing, aesthetically? I wonder if the boosts will be any better than Soul Dew...

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:21 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Quote:
the complete list of trademarked Mega Evolutions was Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Aggron, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Abomasnow.

Quote:
trademarked Mega Evolutions Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl,

Quote:
trademarked Mega Evolutions Jynx

Quote:
Mega Jynx

I hate you for teasing me and then leaving me out to dry, Gamefreak. Every single other Mega Evolution that was trademarked eventually happened EXCEPT FOR HER.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:42 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Frost wrote:
Quote:
the complete list of trademarked Mega Evolutions was Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Aggron, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Abomasnow.

Quote:
trademarked Mega Evolutions Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl,

Quote:
trademarked Mega Evolutions Jynx

Quote:
Mega Jynx

I hate you for teasing me and then leaving me out to dry, Gamefreak. Every single other Mega Evolution that was trademarked eventually happened EXCEPT FOR HER.

yet.....

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I can't be optimistic about the existence of a Mega Jynx in XY. What would be the purpose of not making her one of the Megas you can get during regular gameplay, like Alakazam, Medicham, Gardevoir, etc? Blaziken, Latias and Latios are the only known Event-exclusive Megas we've seen so far, and those three Pokemon are actually popular enough to warrant such a distinction. An event Mega Jynx would thrill me and her other three fans while half the Internet would be complaining because Jynx is unpopular and "ugly" and formerly racist, etc.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:
I can't be optimistic about the existence of a Mega Jynx in XY. What would be the purpose of not making her one of the Megas you can get during regular gameplay, like Alakazam, Medicham, Gardevoir, etc? Blaziken, Latias and Latios are the only known Event-exclusive Megas we've seen so far, and those three Pokemon are actually popular enough to warrant such a distinction. An event Mega Jynx would thrill me and her other three fans while half the Internet would be complaining because Jynx is unpopular and "ugly" and formerly racist, etc.

While it is likely, very likely in fact, we don't yet know that Latiosite and Latiasite are event exclusive. At least, not as far as I know, other than the fact that no one seems to have found them in regular gameplay. That said, they, along with any other legendary evolution, as well as the starter and perhaps, if, if, there is one, the Raichu evolution, are most probably events.

As for Mega-Jynx, optimism aside, I don't find it likely that her name being on that list of trademarks is coincidental. Not when every other name on that list has a Mega. I don't find it all too likely that Jynxite will be an event, either, although it is certainly possible. If anything, if Jynxite isn't being held off for Z for whatever reason, I would find it more likely that Jynxite will correspond with Bank, as a gift or reward. Pokemon Bank is released around Christmas, a holiday that Jynx has been related to in the past. It's just a theory, though.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
and formerly racist, etc.

This is the primary reason right here IMO. Jynx, Kadabra, and Porygon are all doomed to a "barely there" status in the games.

Personally I was hoping for a Porygon3D evo/mega.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
and formerly racist

Only because she had black skin... fk logic. :/
It could have been white, pink, purple, green, or whatever, but as soon as something is black it's racist.

Ah... society. Too much hatred on this color.
-------------
Anyway... there is a latios/latias mega evo?

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:03 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

GhostPony750 wrote:
Frost wrote:
and formerly racist

It could have been white, pink, purple, green, or whatever, but as soon as something is black it's racist.

-------------

well, that's either a cultural misunderstanding or you're just unaware of the situation.

It's racist because there was a tradition of this in the UK/US:

Which is hideously racist and Jynx looked an awful lot like she was "Blacked-up"/a minstrel. there was 100% no racism in the Japanese culture that spawned her, but it's just something that translates abominably.

and yeah, there is 2 new megas. They look identical but one is smaller apparently:

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GhostPony750 wrote:
Frost wrote:
and formerly racist

-------------

The limitation on the Gameboy were Black/Gray/White so not much choice there.

To me I always thought Jynx had no skin, and was just a shadow/spirit considering her fainting animations on Stadium/PBR showed just her hair falling to the ground.

On-topic:

I'm a bit surprised that both megaLati@s look identical. But It would work good with the theory that Soul Dew is their Mega Stone.

Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Geovanni dies one and for all. Mega Mewtwo Y (If that's the on with the tail) is growing on me.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7