Not enough items? 

Enough items or not enough?
Enough 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Not enough 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 9

Not enough items? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Do you think there are too little of any item in the 6th gen games? Cast your vote tell us why and discus your fealings about it.

I think there are enough items but getting them can be long and repetitive.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:29 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Same as all previous games.
if your goal is to "collect 'em all" then there isn't enough items in the game (gotta choose between Scizor and Steelix for example).
Of course you can trade, but then your hoping that somebody is willing to trade you quite a difficult pokemon to get (a Politoed for example) for one that is readily available in the game.

If your goal is just to breed an online competitive team, then there is more than sufficient items to do what you need to do.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Right then, (double post sorry) research done:

2 Dawn Stones. One in Route 3 using surf & Super training playing "These Long Shots Are No Long Shot"
1 deepsea tooth. One in Azure bay, southern island
1 deepsea scale. One in Azure bay, southern island
1 Dragon scale = Terminus cave
1 Dubious disk = 32bp in Maison
3 Dusk Stones. One in Lavere town, one in Terminus Cave and one playing "Watch Out! That's One Tricky Second Half"
1 Electrizer = 32bp in Maison
4 Fire Stones. One in route 9 and buy 3 in Lumiose shop for 6300
2 Kings Rock. One of Lysandre in Lumiose city. Rumours of them on wild Hariyama/pancham??
5 Leaf Stones. Route 8. One in Lavere whilst dowsing and buy 3 in Lumiose shop for 6300
1 Magmarizer = 32bp in Maison
2 Metal Coats. Inside the pokeball factory. Rumours of wild magneton??
6 Moon stones. One in Reflection cave, one in Terminus cave. Win 4 playing "Drag Down Hydreigon"
1 Prism scale = Building in Lumiose (next to Richissime)
1 Protector = lost hotel
1 Razor Claw = 48bp in Maison
1 Razor Fang = 48bp in Maison
1 Reaper Cloth = Terminus Cave
1 Sachet = Cyllage city (Y) or 32bp in Maison (X)
3 Shiny Stones = Route 12 and get 2 playing "An Opening of Lightning-Quick Attacks!"
4 Sun Stones. Route 12, Shalour (Swap for intriguing stone). Need 2 from playing "Drag Down Hydreigon"
3 Thunder Stones. Route 10, dowsing in Route 11 and rock smash in Route 12.
1 Upgrade = 32bp in Maison
6 Water Stones. Route 8, Route 12 and buy 4 in Lumiose for 8400
1 Whipped dream = Cyllage city (X) or 32bp in Maison (Y)

So those in red are ones I need verification from.
By my count you need 256 battle points (but as you get 50 for going on a 20 game streak that seems easier than in the past)
You also need to spam Drag Down Hydreigon in Super training (can anyone verify the success rate yet of these games?)

If people have first hand experience of finding Kings rocks/metal coats on wild pokemon then I will happily change my opinion. It will also confirm X/Y to be my favourite generation so far

Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:37 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well I'm going to go and frisk a bunch of panchams today.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It is possible to find trade items on wild pokemon certainly, and I don't see why past holders would necessarily change.

Various combinations of the Slowpoke line and the Poliwag line have been known to hold the King's Rock in most of the games that they have been in, and the same is true of Magnemite and Bronzor for Metal Coat. Chinchou and Relicanth and then Carvanha and Basculin have been known to hold DeepSea scales and teeth in the past, respectively. And Bagon and Horsea tend to carry dragon scales with them. Frisking would be a good idea to confirm this, as I'm pretty sure that most, if not all of these pokemon can be found in-game.

The games, Sinnoh and Unova especially, have been good about making sure that we can get as much as we need, we just have to find it. Kalos shouldn't be any different. I notice that you didn't mention the Oval Stone, though...

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:21 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'd breed with the Luck incense to be honest, traditionally found that a quicker route.

So add:
1 Luck Incense = 9600 from shop in Courmarine
or
1 Oval Stone = Dungeon in pokemon village
to the above haha.

Just added thief to a mon and will start spamming it

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

covet works just as well as thief and eevee's from the friend safari come knowing it and I got a metal coat off a magneton in the friend safari with it.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 am
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

According to Celebi, Prism Scales can be a very rare find via Pick Up starting at level fifty.

Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm willing to bet Route 3 comes early on in the game. That's good, because I'm going to have Gallade... It vaguely annoys me that the games only ever offer 2 Dawn Stones, in my expirence, because I have a tendancy to use them all on Gallade. Even when I rather want a Froslass. You probably didn't need to know that, but oh well.
Note: I don't have any expirence on finding Items in Kalos because I don't have the game yet or anything.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:40 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yeah, start on route 1 and you get to route 3 before the 1st gym. Ralts is then found on route 4 immediately after you get your first badge.

Gallade is my slot 1 pokemon when I go on a catching spree - mean look, hypnosis, false swipe and theif (although Haunter is a long way away to breed mean look). Took me an absurd amount of time to find a male one as well.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:17 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

well cute charm is quite useful for looking for a specific gender if the pokemon is lead spot in your party I noticed that when I had my sylveon as my lead pokemon when I had to level it up quickly. that mechanic is still in use. I had my sylveon before the shalour city gym.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:03 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]