It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Pokeballs-stop the madness! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

How in the world do they fit Pokemon into those tiny,cramped-up,airtight capsules? To some extent I can understand small ones like Caterpie will fit,but what about the ginormous ones like Groudon??! Huh?! How the :censored: do you fit something that big,which can crush you with the tip of his toe claw,into that palm-sized prison and expect him to be happy and healthy???!!! And just as a last thought,how does the PC hold your pokemon?! {caterpie} {umbreon} {espeon} {salamence}

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm assuming you don't watch the show or you've never played a 3D Pokemon game. When entering a pokeball, they shrink down into presumably the right size to fit in the Poke Balls.And when they're released, they go back to full size.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanx for the reply but unless its not on my profile,I live in South africa and pokemon isn't that common. The tv series doesn't air here so you're right,I don't watch the series. But still,how the pokemon themselves fit in?

:D :D

Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've theories ranging from Pokemon being 'high energy life forms' and as such can be converted into raw energy or some such, to poke balls (and apicots) opening mini sub-dimensional pockets. This isn't something that I've researched very thoroughly, however. I do remember that apicots had some sort of universe-bending applications. Either that, or the machines that they are fitted with do. But apparently poke ball technology itself might be rather new. The fourth movie showed that Samuel Oak used some sort of bottle-like capsule to hold his charmeleon some forty years prior to the present. The energy theory could contribute to Bill's storage system technology, as well as the transfer of pokemon and pokeballs alike, where the pokeballs themselves have the capability of being converted into pure energy.

This is a subject that was never explored in depth by the series (as far as I know), and there several theories floating around the Internet. It is partially meant to add to the 'mystique' of the series, I think.

Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Either of those theorys work just fine with me. MAGIC or turing into pure energy.

"Dude, when you think about it, we're nothing more than pixels on somebody's screen."
-Dasher

"Wait, what? I though I was a Pokemon."
-Psycho, in reply

My theory is that the pokeballs turn the Pokemon directly into pixels and data (The red light that sucks the Pokemon in, is just that process in action), which fit into a 1-bit hardrive inside the Pokeball. They become nothing more than data and pure information, which can be triggered into re-building the entire being out of chemicals and loose bio-matter floating in the air and such in the environment around the Pokeball. Thus, every time they go into the Pokeball, all of their molecules go flying out into the air while the pure data of their being (DNA) is sucked into the containment capsule. And when they get out, their entire cellular structure re-builds itself automatcially from their DNA. If you were to plug the Pokeball into a computer somehow, you could even transfer these pixels/data/DNA into a storage system/world (the PC in the games, perhaps?) that the pokemon can temporarily reside in. But, be careful not to let them into the internet directly. The Pokemon would get lost in the free-flow of information and dissapitate entirely.
The 1-bit hardrive in the Pokeball contains a virtual environment in which the Pokemon can wander, sleep, think about random things, etc. while they wait to be reformed from pure data.

But that's just my thoughts.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
Either of those theorys work just fine with me. MAGIC or turing into pure energy.

"Dude, when you think about it, we're nothing more than pixels on somebody's screen."
-Dasher

-Psycho, in reply

My theory is that the pokeballs turn the Pokemon directly into pixels and data (The red light that sucks the Pokemon in, is just that process in action), which fit into a 1-bit hardrive inside the Pokeball. They become nothing more than data and pure information, which can be triggered into re-building the entire being out of chemicals and loose bio-matter floating in the air and such in the environment around the Pokeball. Thus, every time they go into the Pokeball, all of their molecules go flying out into the air while the pure data of their being (DNA) is sucked into the containment capsule. And when they get out, their entire cellular structure re-builds itself automatcially from their DNA. If you were to plug the Pokeball into a computer somehow, you could even transfer these pixels/data/DNA into a storage system/world (the PC in the games, perhaps?) that the pokemon can temporarily reside in. But, be careful not to let them into the internet directly. The Pokemon would get lost in the free-flow of information and dissapitate entirely.
The 1-bit hardrive in the Pokeball contains a virtual environment in which the Pokemon can wander, sleep, think about random things, etc. while they wait to be reformed from pure data.

That sounds like it could be painful if not done quickly enough, but it does have merit. After all, we know that they have the technology to turn real-world matter into cyber-data, although the one episode that showed this to apply to more than Porygon was banned and the subject was largely left alone after that. This could also be used to explain teleportation pads, which do seem more likely to be tied to pokeball technology than the theory that I had when I was younger, that there was an Abra hiding under each one. Those are some fast fusion reactions if this is the case, though.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think it's bigger on the inside.

CuteKirlia wrote:

-Dasher

-Psycho, in reply

Sorry to be that guy, but:
Going by the name, a 1 bit hard drive would be a hard drive that stores a single bit, which would be completely useless for pretty much everything.
If they were going to be electronic-ized, then I think what would appear "inside" the pokeball would just be a sort of scanned copy, since you can't convert matter into computer data directly, which means the red light could destroying the pokemon so that you don't have a clone army running around.

Another question:
Why can't you put anything you want inside a pokeball? Like a person or an object or an animal.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

First off, I don't actually know how much a bit is anyways. So, I would suppose it's just a hardrive big enough to fit the pokemon in it's data form.

Different55 wrote:
...then I think what would appear "inside" the pokeball would just be a sort of scanned copy, since you can't convert matter into computer data directly, which means the red light could destroying the pokemon so that you don't have a clone army running around.

Another question:
Why can't you put anything you want inside a pokeball? Like a person or an object or an animal.

To the scanned copy thing, you're right about that sort of. What I was trying to say, was that this is a scientific process that would theoretically, yes, take apar the pokemon before putting the DNA in the ball. The information on the DNA is converted to computer data that can re-build the pokemon afterwards. I hope I'm making sense here.

A person's DNA is different from a Pokemon's, and the pokeball is only wired to store Pokemon DNA. There are no animals in the pokemon world (anymore).

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

One bit is a single 1 or 0. One byte is 8 bits. One kilobyte is 1024 bytes, and so on.

What makes you say "anymore"?

Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Because it's just normal Pokemon now, no animals right? My brother said that they once had an actual dog, not a dog-Pokemon in one of the shows. But I really can't be sure of that, though I posted the (anymore) anyways.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Weird, this suggests that animals still exist, but you never actually see them in-game. Makes me wonder what happened to cause such a low population when many pokemon can be found hiding in even the smallest patch of overgrown grass.

Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
First off, I don't actually know how much a bit is anyways. So, I would suppose it's just a hardrive big enough to fit the pokemon in it's data form.

Different55 wrote:
...then I think what would appear "inside" the pokeball would just be a sort of scanned copy, since you can't convert matter into computer data directly, which means the red light could destroying the pokemon so that you don't have a clone army running around.

Another question:

To the scanned copy thing, you're right about that sort of. What I was trying to say, was that this is a scientific process that would theoretically, yes, take apar the pokemon before putting the DNA in the ball. The information on the DNA is converted to computer data that can re-build the pokemon afterwards. I hope I'm making sense here.

A person's DNA is different from a Pokemon's, and the pokeball is only wired to store Pokemon DNA. There are no animals in the pokemon world (anymore).

This makes perfect sense to me and is my theory exactly.
If you've ever closely watched a Pokemon being summoned into a pokeball than you'll notice how it's form is caught by a beam produced by the Pokeball which dissolves the form into light and just before it disappears that light is merged with the beam. So it appears the process is something like atom splitting and repairing. When a Pokemon is summoned into the Pokeball it's form seems to be converted into pure energy or raw DNA information.
Consider Mewtwo, It's form; color, build etc had to be assembled from information the lab created into the form which appeared in the tank. The way a pokemon would reassemble when released from a pokeball would probably work the same way.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It can't rebuild a Pokemon from DNA. All memories, age, and non-genetic traits would be lost.
Atom splitting would just be turning the thing to dust. Less than dust. You aren't ever going to get it back.

My opinion is that it's the power of imagination.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can't believe I'm still bothering to argue for this. :mrgreen:

IN THE DEFENSE OF MY THEORY, "atoms splitting" doesn't mean they completely get torn apart, like down to the electrons and such. It just means that the atoms separate their bonds with each other.

As to memories, I'm trying to come up with a way to adjust my theory so to account for the knowledge stored in brain cells...

But I suppose imagination or magic works for now. :D Then though, maybe I could use some gadget of some kind to hook my brain up to an empty Pokeball and "dream in" a Pokemon.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
I can't believe I'm still bothering to argue for this. :mrgreen:

Same here. :P But at least there's some sort of discussion/debate/argument going on here.

CuteKirlia wrote:
IN THE DEFENSE OF MY THEORY, "atoms splitting" doesn't mean they completely get torn apart, like down to the electrons and such. It just means that the atoms separate their bonds with each other.

You've still got less-than-dust, and a large amount of it at that; too much to fit into a pokeball. It makes me wonder what they'd be made out of.

CuteKirlia wrote:
As to memories, I'm trying to come up with a way to adjust my theory so to account for the knowledge stored in brain cells...

But I suppose imagination or magic works for now. :D Then though, maybe I could use some gadget of some kind to hook my brain up to an empty Pokeball and "dream in" a Pokemon.

Interesting idea, but you'd probably have to end up designing it on a computer or something before it can be done, kinda like what they did for Mewtwo, I guess.

Another possibility is that it's actually bigger on the inside, and the pokemon is still living inside. That would explain why they're able to break out of the pokeball (pikachu, wobbuffet, and every wild pokemon) instead of being inanimate like they would be if they were stored away as information, and why pokerus still fades away while they're in the pokeballs instead of freezing in place like it would in the same scenario. It doesn't explain the PC system, though.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Different55 wrote:
You've still got less-than-dust, and a large amount of it at that; too much to fit into a pokeball. It makes me wonder what they'd be made out of.

I did say
CuteKirlia wrote:
...can be triggered into re-building the entire being out of chemicals and loose bio-matter floating in the air and such in the environment around the Pokeball. Thus, every time they go into the Pokeball, all of their molecules go flying out into the air while the pure data of their being (DNA) is sucked into the containment capsule. And when they get out, their entire cellular structure re-builds itself automatically from their DNA.

So the atoms disperse instantaneously into the air. There's a lot of these loose atoms hanging around in the world from Pokemon in Pokeballs, and that's where a Pokemon gets the atoms it uses to reform itself out of DNA code.
As to memories; I'm still thinking...

Different55 wrote:
Another possibility is that it's actually bigger on the inside, and the pokemon is still living inside. That would explain why they're able to break out of the pokeball (pikachu, wobbuffet, and every wild pokemon) instead of being inanimate like they would be if they were stored away as information, and why pokerus still fades away while they're in the pokeballs instead of freezing in place like it would in the same scenario. It doesn't explain the PC system, though.

Oh gosh, it's Hermione's Bag syndrome all over again. You know that Cilian can fit a table, chairs, a grill, and various other cookware all into his bag at once? Same with Brock. So, we could just put Pokeballs off as Anime Logic if ones looks at it that way.
Huh, funny; my theory explains PC boxes, but not escaping and Pokerus, while this one explains escaping and Pokerus, but not the PC.

Oh, and the Shadow Triad teleport by means of an Abra hidden in their hair. I just looked back at;

Kiga wrote:
That sounds like it could be painful if not done quickly enough, but it does have merit. After all, we know that they have the technology to turn real-world matter into cyber-data, although the one episode that showed this to apply to more than Porygon was banned and the subject was largely left alone after that. This could also be used to explain teleportation pads, which do seem more likely to be tied to pokeball technology than the theory that I had when I was younger, that there was an Abra hiding under each one. Those are some fast fusion reactions if this is the case, though.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:

I did say
CuteKirlia wrote:
...can be triggered into re-building the entire being out of chemicals and loose bio-matter floating in the air and such in the environment around the Pokeball. Thus, every time they go into the Pokeball, all of their molecules go flying out into the air while the pure data of their being (DNA) is sucked into the containment capsule. And when they get out, their entire cellular structure re-builds itself automatically from their DNA.

So the atoms disperse instantaneously into the air. There's a lot of these loose atoms hanging around in the world from Pokemon in Pokeballs, and that's where a Pokemon gets the atoms it uses to reform itself out of DNA code.
As to memories; I'm still thinking...

Huh, I didn't even see that there. Anyway, the problem with this is rebuilding from the dust floating in the air. There's not enough. Assuming the dust starts spreading evenly, it'd be too thinly spread to get to unless the pokeball had a very far reach. Large Pokemon would require an enormous amount of dust. There's also no way to distinguish between dust and people/plant. You could end up deconstructing humans to summon Pokemon.

Your discussion of the teleports gave me an idea. I'll add it to the post or make a new one when it works.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Memories would still remain intact as long as all other structures remained intact.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]