It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Interesting finds in X/Y 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So any new moves on old pokes, new abilities, odd moves learned, info on new items etc. Post em here.

Seen Venipede w/ speed boost and Duskull and Dusknoir with Frisk in the Battle Maison.
Got an Ability Capsule:
-Does not work on pokes with one ability
-Does not work on pokes with hidden abilities
-Will not give hidden abilities

Gogoat learns Milk Drink at lv 58

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Another signature move stolen… Miltank's held that one for a while, hasn't she?

I know one thing. This game is huge. Either that, or I'm grinding too much...I'm not even to the second gym yet, and I already have a Bagon and a Gardevoir…grinding is much easier here…

umm…I probably don't know of anything of much value for this thread yet, actually, though I did see on Celebi that fathers can pass hidden abilities now… I've also seen a shiny Honedge and Gengar-M on the internet. If I never get any other shinies, I at least want those two.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

EXP.share is now a key item and effects ALL Pokemon in your party. The effects can be turned on or off via the item in your bag.

I was actually kinda shocked to see this. I was really not expecting it, and I like it.

SNORLAX LYING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD.

Yes it is bolded. That's how cool it is. And how Excited I was to see that little nod to the Gen I games.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Speaking of nods to Gen I, I did notice that Santalune Forest has a similar layout to Viridian Forest. And, as GofD may have implied with the Snorlax blocking the road, the PokeFlute has made a return, although you don't seem to get to keep it.

Also, Berries have returned, with a field south of Route 7 that has six rows of six mounds. You can make your own mulch, using three berries, including Surprise Mulch if you use three of the same type of berries (or at least three Oran or three Pecha). If you plant two different species of berries next to each other, there is a chance that they will cross pollinate, and create different type of berry on one or both of the trees, according to the individual species; surprise mulch increases the chance of this happening. Also, the harvests are pretty substantial, from what I've seen. I've only had one harvest of eleven trees, and they seemed to fall in the range of seven to fifteen berries per tree.

You only have to water them once, but you do have to weed them, and pokemon (or at least a Volbeat as far as I've seen) will 'attack' your trees. The Old and Good rods have returned as well.

I also noticed that my character did a little twirl on her skates when I did a three-sixty on the circle pad.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:14 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is kinda obvious, but Kalos is apparently supposed to be France. Lumiose City is Paris. It's even called the "City of Lights" in the game and there is an Eiffle Tower-like structure in the center. Unless it is supposed to have cities that mimic different famous cities across the world.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:23 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The best thing I've found so far is a trainer quote. I forget his name, but he was a male swimmer on the route connecting to the Sea Spirit's Den. His opening line was something like: "I swam here all the way from Hoenn, but I still have enough energy for a battle." It took me a second to notice just how ludicrous that was. He swam from Japan to France. That's two whole oceans.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was teriffied while skating down a path and a pokemon jumped out of the bushes and attacked me. and after spend an hour i a grass patch looking for specific natures, thinking that I've seen everything in there, only to walk through it once and Still find a pokemon i hadn't seen yet.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Was considering making a new thread for this, but here seems just as good:

Strange souvenir
Given to you by a hiker

"An ornament depicting a pokemon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos"
"There was also a maid outside who hinted that you maybe shouldn't sell the item or throw it away, so it'll obviously be of use at some point in the future. The backpacker also states that the region he's talking about is not any of the previous five"

A lot of the above is speculation for me cause I haven't got there yet. But a lot of sources confirming it.

So - unlockable/downloadable second region in the future ala Gold/Silver? (there have been a LOT of nods to original generations here). Hopefully it means were getting more than 69 new pokemon + events?
An item for an event pokemon in Pokémon Z which is set in a different area?

A new Ranger game?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The Z legendary is Zygarde the Order Pokemon. It's a counterpart to both Yveltal and Xerneas, having an ability that nullifies both their auras. Also, the legendary birds seem to be roaming the land.
And to make GofD even happier, notice the similarities between Santalune and Viridian Forest, as well as the fisherman bridge in Route 16.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:11 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

cant remember where but it was before that parfum mansion...
i battled a psychic and his last line was a shoutout to dbz.
your power is over 9000! or something like that.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:26 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Only just noticed how awesome the TM/HM screen is. As opposed to booting it up then going to the pokemon overview screen to see what critters are able or unable - you just scroll down and the info as to who can learn it appears on the left.

Loads of little time savers throughout the game like that.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Someone in Lumiose says "Professor Oak's grandson came in Kalos to study. He learnt to say 'Bonjour' when he greeted someone, but he still said 'Smell ya later!' when he left."
I laughed a lot when I saw that.
Also, again in Lumiose there's a building where you have a relatively scary experience with some flicking lights and a Hex Maniac. Some say it might be related to a future event.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:53 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I found that when offering a pokemon on the GTS you can ask for "Volcanian" in return and will count as a valid search. However, there isn't any pokemon named Volcanian, so event legendary perhaps? Also, I've found that a lot of people on the PSS have their character look exactly like some gym leaders amd elite four members, yet I still haven't found a way to do this myself.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wailord_2 wrote:
I found that when offering a pokemon on the GTS you can ask for "Volcanian" in return and will count as a valid search. However, there isn't any pokemon named Volcanian, so event legendary perhaps? Also, I've found that a lot of people on the PSS have their character look exactly like some gym leaders amd elite four members, yet I still haven't found a way to do this myself.

I know that some at Smogon have noted Volcanian as well. They have also noted a Hoopa and a Diancie, so I think I know the general…location of our Gen VI faerie.

As for your profile shot, if you go into your profile on the PSS, and then press on your figurehead, offer you the choice between 'Public Icon' and 'Profile Image'. Going into 'Public Icon', you will be allowed to choose between your avatar's own appearance, and several other preset icons, including the gym leaders, the Elite Four, and the Champion, as well as shots of the various trainer varieties. All of this presumably depends on whether you've met them or not, in my case. I didn't find this feature until after I had beaten the game.

I, myself, have noticed that breeding is so much easier in this game. Between Friend Safari Dittos, the new (and improved) use of the Destiny Knot, and the guy who evaluates IVs eliminating the need for time consuming calculations, I don't know that I'll ever be able to go back and seriously breed in a past game. Which is quite sad, as Gardevoir, as I see it, all but requires Hyper Voice to be viable as a Mega, and Hyper Voice is a BW2 tutor move, and thus non-breedable in X. But already, even without Hyper Voice, I have a ralts with four perfect IVs after only a few hours of breeding and three generations.

…Maybe the tutors will return in Z?

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So was on ranking battle this morning.

Seismic toss Chansey.... and being wifi it spammed minimize as well...

Apparently it learns it in X/Y somehow? (Previously only from FRLG tutor)

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Now that's interesting... I don't do ranked matches because I don't have good IVs, but this is weird indeed. Maybe it can learn it through breeding now?

Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

An easy way to get tons of battle points fast is to go the Battle Institute, take a battle test, and immediately forfeit every match. They give you 3 BP and an EV wing anyway. Seems legit.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasonTheChef wrote:
So was on ranking battle this morning.

Seismic toss Chansey.... and being wifi it spammed minimize as well...

Apparently it learns it in X/Y somehow? (Previously only from FRLG tutor)

You can do a breeding chain to pass the egg move from Smeargle to Mawile to Chansey.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]