It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The XY FAQ-Ask any XY questions here! 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since most regions have their own FAQ, I guess it's time to make one for Kalos as well. Post all questions regarding XY and any future Gen VI games here, so as not to make multiple threads for them.

Before asking your question, check out the XY section of the site as well as the XY walkthrough. If you can't find what you're looking for there, please go ahead and post your question here. If you know the answer to other users' open questions, please help them out!

If you are looking to share FCs, please see this thread.

If you are looking to discuss movesets, stats, battle strategies, competitive teams or are looking for opponents, please visit the Battle Tower.

If you are looking to trade Pokemon, check out Pokemon Stadium.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
If I were to delete my save file for the game, would it allow me to redo the Torchic Distribution for my newly created save file there after?...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I doubt it, seeing as Mystery Gift is a different part than the save file. I think the event saves your Game Card ID, not your trainer's.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:57 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You could try trading the Torchic to someone and then testing it yourself, if you have someone to trust to return the Torchic to you. I wouldn't know with any certainty whether or not you can reset and receive the same event. At one point, some time ago, I would have said yes, but now…?

Actually, this was my plan for Torchic and Y.

Do you want to collect Torchics and Blazikenite, or do you really want to restart the game? If it's the former, I saw on Smogon that male hidden ability holders can apparently pass on their abilities now.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:52 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Kiga wrote:
You could try trading the Torchic to someone and then testing it yourself, if you have someone to trust to return the Torchic to you. I wouldn't know with any certainty whether or not you can reset and receive the same event. At one point, some time ago, I would have said yes, but now…?

Actually, this was my plan for Torchic and Y.

Do you want to collect Torchics and Blazikenite, or do you really want to restart the game? If it's the former, I saw on Smogon that male hidden ability holders can apparently pass on their abilities now.

I know I was able to before this game but I figured if I clean slate, also deleting the Torchic then I could still do the Mystery Gift in my newly started game. I just want to start my game over as until the Global Link is open I want to get a feel for what I really want to use going through the game & what not as this game has ALOT of pokemon I kind of want to use through the Journey. I don't really trust anyone to return my Torchic if I were to trade it to them to hold on to until I can get it back...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Lawence Codye

I…don't really know what to tell you then. I fully understand what you mean by the sheer amount of usable pokemon here, but…well you could risk a reset, but you could just as easily risk trading the Torchic for someone to hold for you, as well. Have you already received the Torchic? I think that there's an Inkay event live as well that you could use to test, but I think that it's password activated, unlike the Torchic. Other than that, I can't really say much.

I have a question, myself, about the GTS.

I've been searching for a Ditto, and whenever I find one that I can trade for, it either tells me that the Ditto in question has already been traded, even though the offer will remain for a while after, or there will be an error, and I will be forced shut off my system.

I am wondering if this is just a bug in the system, and if so, has anyone else experienced this? Or could I just have a setting wrong somewhere. I'm not sure exactly what the issue is. I haven't formally seen one, and I'm filtering out 'Special' pokemon and pokemon that I don't have. Could there be an issue there?

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

it's a bug I've had that happen mainly with trading for the other starters or trying to get {moltres} or {articuno}. theres also a bug in lumiose city in some spots when saving.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 pm
Profile YIM
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

I guess I will take the 2 sources saying yes at their word then & I have also heard about that save file bug when loading up save in Lumiose City but never had it happen to me yet(though I have only saved in the Pokemon Lab)...

Seeing as it has been more then a week since the game came out, has anyone been able to not wear a hat on their trainer in the game or is that impossible to be without?...

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hats are required and must be stylish, We Team Fortress 2 now.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:52 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

About the Ditto & GTS question - this is something that's been going on for as long as I've been using the GTS. So I guess its business as usual.
PS: I would like to personally pay a visit to each & every troll who destroys the integrity of the GTS....grrrr.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Does anyone if the male has to breed with a female to pass the Hidden Ability, or if Ditto is enough?

Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ChillBill wrote:
Does anyone if the male has to breed with a female to pass the Hidden Ability, or if Ditto is enough?

Ditto works now.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

MasonTheChef wrote:
ChillBill wrote:

Ditto works now.

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Back up here, so now the MALE can also pass down the Hidden Ability, and NOT just the female? Is it still the same chance? Does it increase if BOTH parents have the Hidden Ability?

(Sorry, mind Might be a bit blown.)

Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:58 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Seems like most of the breeding mechanics have changed somewhat.

Ability with mother stays the same, but if mother is ditto there is a slim chance the offspring will get it.
The baby is in the same pokeball the mother was in - not just a standard pokeball.
Egg moves can come from mother and father now.
There seems to be a way of passing on more IVs as well. But I don't care about that so much so haven't really looked into it.

Does anybody know how to pet your pokemon after a battle? Ive seen loads of references to it, but cant seem to figure out how to do it!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Superpull wrote:
There seems to be a way of passing on more IVs as well. But I don't care about that so much so haven't really looked into it.

Does anybody know how to pet your pokemon after a battle? Ive seen loads of references to it, but cant seem to figure out how to do it!

If one of your parents is holding a Destiny Knot, five IVs get passed down from between them, rather than the usual three. This is especially useful when you consider that all Friend Zone pokemon (and so all Friend Zone Dittos) will have two perfect IVs when they are generated, and all pokemon from the No Eggs breed group (Azurill and Riolu) will have three perfect IVs when they're generated in the wild. This makes the competitive breeding process much easier. I don't know what happens when you give the other parent a Power item, however, aside from losing the guarantee of the child's nature.

Amie is the only way that I know of that involves 'rewarding and praising' a pokemon. I don't really know if petting a pokemon directly after battle does anything, but it does seem like something that would be a good way to earn affection. It would be nice if you could apply healing items, or even TMs and things like rare candies, in person, though.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:13 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

petting them after a battle can only be done with max amie bond and gives extra experience points.

Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:27 am
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

But what are the actual key inputs to pet?

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

you have to play with it in the amie and feed it pokepuff and play games with it. the amie is 1 screen before super training. I have max bond with my delphox and sylveon.

Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Pokemon Master wrote:
you have to play with it in the amie and feed it pokepuff and play games with it. the amie is 1 screen before super training. I have max bond with my delphox and sylveon.

I think what Superpull meant was, how do you pet the pokemon in the over world after a battle, other than through Amie. I'm fairly certain that you don't need max affection to pet a pokemon at all...

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

you can only pet it in the amie until you get max affection afterwards you can pet it after it beats another pokemon or you catch another pokemon. other then that you can't. you pet it after battle or capture by moving the stylus on the bottom screen.

Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:36 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

for some reason when my nincada evolved even though I had a slot open in my party I didn't get a {shedinja}.

Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Pokemon Master wrote:
for some reason when my nincada evolved even though I had a slot open in my party I didn't get a {shedinja}.

Did you have a spare poke ball in your bag?

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

just my master ball I had forgot that I needed a spare pokeball. I haven't needed to use it to catch anything yet.

Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:

Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:08 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

There are that many pokemon nowadays it's starting to get difficult to remember all the little nuances for evolution.

Oh, RE: petting.
When a battle is won the touch screen 'greys' out. At this point if you rotate the stylus on the screen the pokemon in the top screen gets petted.

Only seen clips of this yet and not had a chance to confirm it

Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

you can pet them if you have max amie bond. I always pet my sylveon and delphox after a battle or capture.

Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:

Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:22 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next