It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 17 types forever? NOPE WE GOT FAIRIES! 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Interesting. So Ralts as Kirlia are part-Fairy too. I suppose Gallade stays Fighting/Psychic in spite of this.
Frost wrote:
-Moonblast: Special, 95 BP, 100% accuracy, has a chance to lower the target's SA. (learned by Sylveon and Gardevoir)
KNOWN FAIRY-RELATED ABILITIES:
-FAIRY AURA: Increases the power of Fairy-type moves for all Pokemon in play. (Xerneas)
-PIXILATE: All Normal-type moves become Fairy-type moves for this Pokemon. (Mega Gardevoir)

I shall make good use of this new knowledge ASAP. ;) Sparkle's getting some normal moves, and a blast of moonlight for X! And a Mega Stone. Can't forget that. I wonder, if there will be wild Ralts somewhere, just because of Gardevoir getting such a great boost. I'd like that too.

Something that has recently crossed my mind is that, will Spiritomb be weak to Fairy? Seems a good way to get rid of Wondertomb hacks, and it's annoying how nothing suppereffects it in the first place. So, I'm hoping for such an outcome.
Hey Frost, any news on Rapidash relating to Fairy typage? 8-)

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
Interesting. So Ralts as Kirlia are part-Fairy too. I suppose Gallade stays Fighting/Psychic in spite of this.
Frost wrote:
-Moonblast: Special, 95 BP, 100% accuracy, has a chance to lower the target's SA. (learned by Sylveon and Gardevoir)
KNOWN FAIRY-RELATED ABILITIES:
-FAIRY AURA: Increases the power of Fairy-type moves for all Pokemon in play. (Xerneas)
-PIXILATE: All Normal-type moves become Fairy-type moves for this Pokemon. (Mega Gardevoir)

I shall make good use of this new knowledge ASAP. ;) Sparkle's getting some normal moves, and a blast of moonlight for X! And a Mega Stone. Can't forget that. I wonder, if there will be wild Ralts somewhere, just because of Gardevoir getting such a great boost. I'd like that too.

Something that has recently crossed my mind is that, will Spiritomb be weak to Fairy? Seems a good way to get rid of Wondertomb hacks, and it's annoying how nothing suppereffects it in the first place. So, I'm hoping for such an outcome.

Sorry, I know that I'm not Frost, but I can answer your questions…

Ralts will be number 64 in the Central Kalos Pokedex, so she will be available at some point prior to the Elite Four. I cannot say when, however. Gallade does indeed keep his original sub-type. Apparently, Gardevoirite does not turn up prior to the Elite Four, however. At least not as far as the leaks have been able to find.

Spiritomb and Sableye do finally have a weakness that does not need any setup first, so the Faeries are officially killing off Wondertomb and Wondereye.

I'm sorry, but I yet to see anything at all new in store for Rapidash… Not even a Mega. Although, Fire does resist Fairy type attacks… Maybe Frost has, but I wouldn't know of it.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
-No evidence either way: Chansey line,

Can confirm not-fairy, Iron head did neutral damage.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:52 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Where is evidence of this? I've checked SPP, Bulbagarden and Smogon and see not a word about Chansey anywhere. I haven't even heard a peep about Chansey being in XY at all.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

For me it was just personal experience, fought a blissey in the battle maison Super single battles. Also can confirm Togetic is fairy, Shadow sneak hits neutral.

Next time I see one I'll take a pic.

CuteKirlia wrote:
Hey Frost, any news on Rapidash relating to Fairy typage? 8-) [/color]

This I can confirm as Pure-Fire, a preschooler has one in one of the Looker missions. Used Iron head and was not effective.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasonTheChef wrote:
CuteKirlia wrote:

This I can confirm as Pure-Fire, a preschooler has one in one of the Looker missions. Used Iron head and was not effective.

Aww...

:(

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:59 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Somebody else on Smogon confirmed Mason's discovery about Blissey. Which is really stupid. Flavor-wise it makes no sense at all and it feels like the only reason they didn't make the Chansey line part Fairy is because they're scared of competitive battlers throwing a fit over Blissey/Eviolite Chansey being part Fairy. :|

I don't really understand a lot of their decisions when it came to which older Pokemon got to be Fairies. How are Mr. Mime and Wigglytuff more Fairy-like than Chansey? How is Whimsicott more of a Fairy than Bellossom (god help them from my rage if Lilligant remains Grass, BTW...)? Why are Marill and Dedenne part Fairy but not Pikachu or any of Pikachu's other clones? Why are there so many monotype Pokemon in the Fairy egg group who didn't become Fairy-type?

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:03 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hmm... Rapidash remained untouched.
I can't really say if this is a good idea or not, it has the potential to be a powerhouse.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:02 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

So it seems like NONE of the following are Fairy:
-Snorunt and Glalie
-Dunsparce
-Milotic
-Skitty and Delcatty
-Plusle and Minun
-Audino
-Lilligant
-Misdreavus and Mismagius
-Happiny, Chansey and Blissey

I ordered them from least to most in how much them not being Fairy-type bothers me, with the first few being "Yeah, I can understand why they're not, it would have been nice but they were longshots" and the last few being "HOW THE HELL IS THIS NOT A FAIRY???" But really Mr. Mime being a Fairy-type over ANY of these Pokemon is a freaking joke.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7