It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 What will your Kalos team/playthrough be? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Now that all the new pokemon have been shown and the release is only a few days away, how do you plan to become the Kalos pokemon champion?

I'll be doing a mild speedrun, hoping to finish the E4 in a day.

Froakie-->Greninja (special sweeper)
Honedge-->Doublade (No Aegislash, stats are too fickle IMO for a speed run, also hoping for eviolite.)
Skiddo--> Gogoat (physical tank poke and handy transport)
Squirtle+fletchling as HM slaves.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't know yet, but I'm gonna have Zygarde and Talonflamme for sure.

But I don't even know if I'm going to buy the game, I don't have a 3DS and I don't plan buying one.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:10 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I plan to use Greninja, Talonflame, Aegislash, and Meowstic (female) as my core. Froakie is my favourite starter, Talonflame is a really fast Fire type and should be fun to use, Aegislash changing between Blade and Shield formes in-battle sounds pretty neat and I like the Psychic cat's design. I also planned on having Ampharos on my team, mainly for it's Mega evolution, but unfortunately Ampharosite is found post-E4 where there supposedly is not much to do so it will probably be rotating in the final spots on my team along with Clawitzer, Diggersby, Venusaur, HM slaves and maybe others.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I…don't quite know yet. I know that I plan to start with Fennekin and Charmander, and I want to use the Torchic, but, even if the full regional dex isn't accessible pre-League there will still be hundreds of pokemon to choose from, and 450 guaranteed to be available in the game.

I think I'll start by using a core trio of Delphox, Gardevoir, and a water or flying type, preferably physical, and then rotate out the last three positions, before ultimately deciding on a final group of six, if I can. As of this moment, I think I'm just end up deciding as I go, but I do know that Delphox and Gardevoir are definite. There is the problem with huge pokedexes like this; Unova I granted a boon in limiting the amount of pokemon available in the main storyline.

I like Aegislash, Goodra, and Florges, but I really want to use Mienshao, I never did and Unova, and I want to use a Chandelure again, if I can.

I haven't decided which game I want to play first, though, but I'm leaning towards Y. As much as I like Charizard X, and I do, I like Mewtwo Y more, and I want to train him. Zygarde as well.

So, Cherrygrove and I have similar strategies. Grinding might pose a challenge, though, as I tend to over-grind.

Maybe someone could set a tournament or something up in a few months, where we can only use our in-game teams?

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:

Maybe someone could set a tournament or something up in a few months, where we can only use our in-game teams?

I think we have a Battle Tower that can do that. :P

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:07 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Based on my experience with White, what I plan my team as will end up having very little to do with what my team will actually be. I had twelve Pokemon picked out for my possible Unova team, a total of THREE of those (Samurott, Krookodile, and Galvantula) ended up being used at all, and that's after I knew what moves they could learn.

Really, my only certainty is Greninja, since I have never dropped my starter from my main-story team, and I'm not about to start doing so with my ninja-frog. I have my eyes on Goodra and Aegislash as well, but, as I've already explained, there's a good chance I don't even use them, especially given the presence of so many past-gen Pokemon in X/Y.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:16 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I want to use any of:
Greninja
Charizard
Goodra
Malamar
Sylveon
Dragalge
Aurorus
Hawlucha
Dedenne

Depending on availability of them and their mega stones, I'd also like:
Mawile
Ampharos
Gardevoir

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'ma go with:
Gardevoir (That's a DUH.)
Delphox (Never dump the starter.)
Flabebe (I forgot the evolution's name, looks like a Kirlia. Awesome.)
Azumaril (HM Slave.)
Meowstic (Girl or boy, girl or boy...?)
Bulbasaur (Easy Grass-type)

That's my team. I tend to plan a team previously, catch all the members of the team, and forget any other pokemon until I've gotten the Champion outta the way. Afterwards, I'll play around with Aegislash, Goodra, whatever tweaks my interest.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
Flabebe (I forgot the evolution's name, looks like a Kirlia. Awesome.)

Actually, it seems that Floette evolves again, into Florges. I can't find a good picture, but she seems to be like a more flower oriented Leavanny. She was another pokemon that I was looking at training.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah... Replace what I wrote with

Eviolite Doublade
-SD
-Scared Sword
-Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak

Smash Everything, laugh at everything but Pyroars Fire blast.

Game started 12:15am Game beat 4:45pm
Now to post-game collect all TMs ,Items, and BP for when pokemon Bank opens.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:07 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

YOU HAVE IT ALREADY?!?! OH MY GOSH, YOU MUST HAVE PRE-ORDERED IT. I AM ENVIOUS BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IT UNTIL CHRISTMAS, MAYBE NOT EVEN THEN.

I'm so jelous... 'Cept jelous isn't nice, so I'll pretend I'm not.

Cool name for your Doublade though. Chef's Knife. Nice. I'ma name mine Link.
How did you beat that is so little time? It takes me a week or two, because I usually need to grind my pokemon to death before the Elite Four. Not to mention difficulty beating Candice when half your party pokemon are weak to ice, none of them is strong against it, it takes forever to train up the Vulpix egg traded to your game, and you don't have any moves good against ice in your current party team anyways...

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I got it last night a one. There's nothing that makes you realize how much of a nerd you are until you are standing with a group of obvious nerds in the back of a Walmart at midnight, and you seem to know the most about the game, and are only one of two who have preordered...

Should this thread be changed to "What is your Kalos team"?

…Mason, you work way too fast. I just now got my Charmander…

About the grinding, though, CuteKirlia; Exp. Share is now a key item with a similar effect as the Exp. All from Red and Blue, except it doesn't split the experience, and you can toggle it on and off. The pokemon battling gets full experience, and the rest of your party gets half of that for free. I don't know the full effect, though, but when I tested it, I had a full party of six. I don't know whether this is true if you have less, or what happens if you switch the battler. All I know is that when you grind one pokemon, the rest get half of what they gained. It's awesome.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sweet! That'll make things so much more easier once I got my Y or X. No wonder Mason's already gotten through. With that, I'd get done in a sixth of the time I'd normally do, because I'd not have to train them all up one by one or two by two with an Exp. Share typical of the older versions. Yes!

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

CuteKirlia wrote:
Sweet! That'll make things so much more easier once I got my Y or X. No wonder Mason's already gotten through. With that, I'd get done in a sixth of the time I'd normally do, because I'd not have to train them all up one by one or two by two with an Exp. Share typical of the older versions. Yes!

Actually I turned it off right away, just used Honedge/Doublade and a few gift pokes given thruout the game.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I don't know all of the Pokémon in these new games, or when they're available or what their attacks are (I like to plan things out), but I'll definitely have Delphox, and Pyroar and Talonflame look cool so they'll be in my team as well. Don't know what else.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:10 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I tend to build a team around what I think will beat the e4 and champ early doors.

So im thinking:

Barbaracle (water for Pyroar, Torkal and Chandelure and rock to take out Talonflame)
Steelix (Ground move to take out Klefki, Probopass, Scizor and Aegislash)
Aurorus (ice moves against Dragalge, Altaria, Druddigon and Noivern)
Rotom (Electric for Clawitzer, Starmie, Gyrados, Barbaracle

Then for the champ:
Rotom > Hawlucha
Wigglytuff > Tyrantrum (and wigglytuff beat blue for me back in the day so I always try and keep him about)
Wigglytuff > Aurorus
Aurorus > Gourgeist
Wigglytuff > Goodra
Steelix > Mega Gard (attacking the part fairy typing)

So Barbaracle, Steelix, Aurorus, Rotom, Wigglytuff and probably Chesnaught who wont do anything (for no other reason than, as mentioned by another poster, I keep my always starter).

there are 2 flaws to my plan so far:
-Getting a steelix pre-champion. (hopefully PSS is going to come through for me there and that you can trade with items and no glitches)
-That probopass may well have earthquake/earth power which will rip through my Steelix. (Might throw in a fighting Chesnaught there actually)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Superpull wrote:
-Getting a steelix pre-champion. (hopefully PSS is going to come through for me there and that you can trade with items and no glitches)

"Thumper" the Steelix can be received for a small, one time payment of one Luvdisc, in the town with the second Gym. If you decide to make this one easy payment, then we hope that you will enjoy "Thumper".

Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:
"Thumper" the Steelix can be received for a small, one time payment of one Luvdisc, in the town with the second Gym. If you decide to make this one easy payment, then we hope that you will enjoy "Thumper".

Hey now... I quite enjoyed the Quackin' That I got early game. It's now lv 80 and is my HM slave and False Swiper.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

MasonTheChef wrote:
Kiga wrote:

Hey now... I quite enjoyed the Quackin' That I got early game. It's now lv 80 and is my HM slave and False Swiper.

Oh no, I wasn't making fun of it. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I guess I'm just a bit giddy, and I was trying to be funny and make a point…

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:28 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Kiga wrote:
MasonTheChef wrote:
Kiga wrote:

Oh no, I wasn't making fun of it. I'm sorry if it came off that way. I guess I'm just a bit giddy, and I was trying to be funny and make a point…

For the awesome information given you are allowed to come across as you want. (although Thumper is an awful name)

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Kiga wrote:
MasonTheChef wrote:
Kiga wrote:

I was trying to be funny too.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeesh…Internet sarcasm is a pain.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:28 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Currently: Braixen, Flabebe, Azurill, Ralts. Squirtle and Snorlax are the only other Pokemon I've caught -- Torchic's Mystery Gift was acquired and awaiting the fun that is soft resetting eight thousand times -- and they both promptly went into the PC because I prefer using new Pokemon in new games. Yeah, I know, Azumarill and Gardevoir aren't new, but it feels like they are thanks to their new types.

Expected final team: Delphox, Florges, Azumarill, Gardevoir, Sylveon and Aromatisse or Malamar (this hag getting Superpower + Contrary makes me want to use her even though the rest of the team is Delphox + Fairies <3). I would have used Mawile but you don't get Mawilite until the post-game so... :/

Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

currently my team is delphox, farfetch'd, gogoat, aurorus, venusaur, and lapras . the aurorus is shiny.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:06 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My team is currently Fragadier, Fletchinder, Ivysaur, Helioptile, Pancham, Tyrunt. This team wil hopefully carry me through (I'll evolve them all of course).

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next