It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Mega Evolutions 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

^You haven't seen Chesnaut yet, have you?

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You know, these forms change the base stats for some of the pokemon, right? I wonder, will these new stats will affect Hidden Power at all? They'll need to create new calculations to include Fairy anyway.

Meh, it would be easiest to only use the base stats of the base pokemon for the calculation, wouldn't it? Still, I'm curious about what they'll do here.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:34 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

I'm pretty sure that HP wouldn't change, since it uses IVs to determine the type. A pokemon's IVs won't change even through evolution.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Crap, you're right. Sorry about that. I'm trying to write a calculator, and my goal, primarily, is to solve for IVs, before using them to solve for Hidden Power, using the Base Stats as one of the sets of variables. I accidentally associated the Base Stats with the Hidden Power calculation because of this. Sorry about that, just ignore my last post.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:46 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Serpentsounds wrote:
I'm pretty sure that HP wouldn't change, since it uses IVs to determine the type. A pokemon's IVs won't change even through evolution.

Buuuuuuuuuuut since Fairy-type is now a thing, it probably means HP has to be completely redone to accommodate for that.

...har har har.

Your HP Grass Zapdos doesn't have HP Grass anymore.

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have some information about Mega Gyarados, Gengar, and Gardevoir, that seems to be from a reliable source...

Highlight to view spoiler.
Alright…so, according to Smogon's data collection page, Mega-Gyarados loses its Flying subtype in exchange for a Dark subtype, and Mega-Gengar has a base 170 Special Attack, base 130 Speed, and Shadow Tag. This is getting interesting. And a bit frightening - I have trouble with Gengar already.

And then Gardevoir is a bit lower down the page. She does get a speed boost, it's 100 now, as opposed to her original 80. But her Specials are frightening, now, if they are accurate, which at the moment is debatable; apparently the source did not provide the nature or the EVs alongside the stats and level. As it is, they have her with 135 for Special Defense and 175 for Special Attack. She also gets the ability Pixilate, which turns Normal moves over to the Fae; basically, Mega-Gardevoir gets three STABS.

Honestly, these Megas seem to be running base totals in the range of 580 to 630, not including Mewtwo, both of whom's forms beat out Arceus, and Absol, who seems to be low, at 560. This puts them at least on level with the weakest of the Legendaries, if these numbers are to be believed.

Smogon is one of the few sites that I trust, though, so I'm a bit more inclined to believe them than some other random site.

So. Two Days left. Ugh.

Edit: Mega Gengar was officially revealed this morning by CoroCoro on Celebi, alongside Mega Tyranitar and Mega Aggron, who each keep their original typing. Tyranitar-M keeps Sandstream, and Aggron-M now has Filter as an ability.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:02 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The reason all the megas have such absurd stats is because they don't get to use held items. For defensive megas especially, this is a huge problem, as you lose access to things like Lum berries and the almighty Leftovers. I doubt that Mega Aggron will see much use because of that.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually MegaAggron loses it's rock type and becomes pure-steel, along with it's likely defences and only taking 1.5 from Fight/fire/ground it may be quite a bit more useful than Aggron.

A few megas, now that I see the stats I'm not too worried about them wrecking the meta. As Mektar says the loss of item and perhaps ability for what may be not even a full stage boost in stats/inferior ability.

CharizardX/Y, Blastoise, Maybe Gengar, Maybe Aggron, Lucario and Abomasnow are the only Megas I see so far having a impact. With Blaziken likely being banned.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

*Sees Mega TTar* HOLY FREAKIN COW HE LOOKS LIKE A BEAST!

*sees Mega Gengar "offically"* Yeaaaaaaah, hes gonna rip out your soul, chew on your soul, swallow, then spit you back up and do it all over again.

*Sees Mega Aggron* HOLY (insert 4 letter word here). HE LOOKS LIKE HE CAN KILL YOU WITH HIS PINKY!

They may not affect they Meta, they may not even see competions.... But I sure as HECK gonna enjoy wreaking stuff with Mega Aggron. Seriously, that guy loooks SWEEEEEEEEET!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Mektar wrote:
The reason all the megas have such absurd stats is because they don't get to use held items. For defensive megas especially, this is a huge problem, as you lose access to things like Lum berries and the almighty Leftovers. I doubt that Mega Aggron will see much use because of that.

I was simply referencing what seemed to be the spread of the new BST, and comparing them to non-Mega Pokemon…

Aggron-M may not be as poorly off as you seem to suggest. He already has a substantial physical defense and a good attack; what's really hurting him now is the double weakness and the poor Hp. The speed can be overlooked, and I don't see this form getting much there. Now, with Filter, Aggron has a multitude of resistances and only a few half-weaknesses. I'm hoping they focus on Hp and attack, honestly, because if they treat defense like they did special attack on Gengar-M and Gardevoir-M, and they probably will, then he'll be bulkier (defense stat wise) than Shuckle. But still, it's too early to really tell what good he'll do.

Either way, Aggron-M and Tyranitar-M are still beasts, aesthetically speaking.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

This is great! Sparkle will get so awesome, amped up with whatever good special Normal moves I can find, and whatever good special Fairy moves, and she'll PWN with Psychic. Go awesome Sp Atk Boost! It is mildly disapointing that her speed won't much raise though... but consider her teamed up with Xerenas for extra Fairy-power-PWNage. I might actually win some online battles now. Plus, it will be so cool to see a shiny Mega Gardevoir!I'm going crazy just thinking about it!

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:03 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You know, normally I wouldn't object to mega-evolution, except they're giving it to things that could just as easy be given a normal evolution, and they're just going out of the way to make them OP...and obnoxious-looking.

It's quickly becoming the most pointless, and annoying, mechanic I've ever seen in a Pokemon game, possible in any game.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED MEGA EVOLUTION LIST:
1-2. Charizard X (Fire/Dragon with Tough Claws) and Y (Fire/Flying with Drought)
3-4. Mewtwo X (Psychic/Fighting with Steadfast) and Y (Psychic with Insomnia)
5. Ampharos (Electric/Dragon with Mold Breaker)
6. Mawile (Steel/Fairy with Pure Power)
7. Absol (Dark with Magic Bounce)
8. Blaziken (Fire/Fighting with Speed Boost)
9. Lucario (Steel/Fighting with Adaptability)
10. Kangaskhan (Normal with Parental Bond)
11. Garchomp (Dragon/Ground with Sand Force)
12. Venusaur (Grass/Poison with Thick Fat)
13. Blastoise (Water with Mega Launcher)
14. Gengar (Ghost/Poison with Shadow Tag)
15. Aggron (Steel with Filter)
16. Tyranitar (Dark/Rock with Sandstream)

MEGA EVOLUTIONS REVEALED BY LEAKERS:
17. Aerodactyl (Rock/Flying with Tough Claws)
18. Gyarados (Water/Dark with Mold Breaker)
19. Abomasnow (Grass/Ice with Snow Warning)
20. Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy with Pixilate)
21. Medicham (Psychic/Fighting with Pure Power)
22. Pinsir (Bug/Flying with Aerilate)
23. Banette (Ghost with Prankster)
24. Heracross (Bug/Fighting with Skill Link)
25. Alakazam (Psychic with Trace)
26. Houndoom (Dark/Fire with Solar Power)
27. Manectric (Electric with Intimidate)

RUMORED MEGA EVOLUTIONS:
-Jynx, Scizor, Latias and Latios (included in a list of trademarked Mega Evolution names - all others on this list became real Mega Evolutions)
-Druddigon, Arcanine and Galvantula (Mega Stones mentioned/rumored for them by leakers but no photo evidence ever given)

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Celebi has leaked Mega-Heracross. It is still Bug-Fighting, and it has the ability Skill Link. Its new form reminds me of an atlas beetle, rather than the rhinoceros beetle that Heracross normally is. I have no idea what the arms are supposed to be fashioned after, though.

Even though Pinsir needed an evolution, I can't see Pinsir-M ever being a natural evolution like Mawile-M had the potential to be.

Between Heracross, Pinsir, and the list of trademarked names, I can't see Scizor not receiving a Mega.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, does Mega-Evolution take place in-between turns, or during a turn?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:10 am
THE POWER IS ON!

For what it's worth, the complete list of trademarked Mega Evolutions surfaced after the original six Megas and Kangaskhan were known, and was Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Aggron, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Abomasnow. Bolded ones eventually received Mega Evolutions. Note that the list didn't have Venusaur or Garchomp, so it wasn't an exhaustive list of possibilities.

Mega Heracross's design is really, really bad. Mega Pinsir's type is really, really bad. Mega Banette is lulzy <3

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Frost wrote:
For what it's worth, the complete list of trademarked Mega Evolutions surfaced after the original six Megas and Kangaskhan were known, and was Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Aggron, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Abomasnow. Bolded ones eventually received Mega Evolutions. Note that the list didn't have Venusaur or Garchomp, so it wasn't an exhaustive list of possibilities.

Mega Heracross's design is really, really bad. Mega Pinsir's type is really, really bad. Mega Banette is lulzy <3

Soo, out of the list, how many of them have 2 Megas like Charizard and Mewtow? Or are these the only two that have the feature?

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

*twitches*

Mega-Alakazam has been leaked…

Does anyone remember when, in the original Yu-Gi-Oh, Joey aged the Dark Magician a thousand years? Yeah, Alakazam-M reminds me of that. Only with five spoons and a star shaped head and a huge nose. Not the best design…and not nearly as striking as either of the Charizard or Gengar.

He is still pure psychic, and has Trace.

And sadly, there seems to be no indication of double forms. I hope they explain that…they could have at least done the same for Venusaur and Blastoise.

If favoritism is the only reason behind Charizard's two forms, then I wouldn't be surprised if Raichu has two as well.

Edit:

Houndoom-M (from the front) looks pretty good. I think I'll like him. He has Solar Power. It seems that although Houndoom is exclusive to X, Houndoomite is exclusive to Y.

As for Manectric-M…it takes the cake, as far as poor designs are concerned. That mane (is it?) can't be good for its spine. That's a shame. I actually have a shiny Manectric, and I would have hoped that its shiny form would be more interesting. I can just tell that this form is going to be defensive. It comes with Intimidate, which may support this theory.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:08 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Pinsir's type is really bad, but let it grab a moxie boost before evolving and give it quick attack+Double-edge/Thrash off of a Flying STAB it it'll be quite a beast. Plus at least this way it's a bug/flying that doesn't lose 50% to SR.

Alakazam, I'm glad you were dropped from being my favorite pokemon years ago. Dat design... {hitmontop} (But using Trace at will seems pretty good.)

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What is that thing :shock:
http://s.mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1919790-3-00540.png
OMFG, it looks ridiculous! D:

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:32 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Mega Scizor Confirmed. Looks very 'meh' to me. All the others I've seen have been either very epic or just terrible (see Heracross').

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Is it just me, or does it look like Scizor's claws have been replaced with buzz saws? Geez, that alone is enough to make me like 'im. And he keeps Technician! He looks somewhat bulkier, but he will definitely have an attack boost. I wonder if it will be enough to match a Choice Band…Technician Scizor with the boost from band, and without the drawback. Sounds interesting.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I feel left behind here. :( Where do you guys find this stuff? I need to see them to judge them.
GhostPony750 wrote:
What is that thing :shock:
http://s.mlpforums.com/uploads/post_images/img-1919790-3-00540.png
OMFG, it looks ridiculous! D:

Thanks for the link, I agree. What's wit the pointy-bit at the top? It looks like it should fall over flat on it's face...

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

CuteKirlia wrote:
I feel left behind here. :( Where do you guys find this stuff? I need to see them to judge them.

Sorry, I didn't think to try to post a link. Frost (I think it's Frost, anyway…) hates this site, though, so there's a filter on Celebi's Japanese name. You can find the leaks, at least most of the ones that I'm referencing, at http://www.sere bi.net. Mind the space.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:15 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Mektar wrote:
Mega Scizor Confirmed. Looks very 'meh' to me. All the others I've seen have been either very epic or just terrible (see Heracross').

Will name mine Clamps. For reasons.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thank you Kiga. I needed that.

If I have to say, half of them are confirmed abominations to my mind, (Pincer, Heracross, Medicham, Manetric, Alakazam, Abomasnow, Har har har the latter). They are somewhat over-designed, something has been exhagerated waaaay too much for these Megas. Ribbons out of Medichams head for no obvious reason? Spike on Heracross? Giant mane for Manetric (Now I'm glad Luxray didn't get a Mega!)?
Pincer and Abomasnow just look... demonic. In a bad way.
Alakazam? No... just no.

On the other hand, we got Mega-Gardevoir (Get the megastone by trading to get a Ralts in-game, whoo! Cool dress, look good in pink, huh?), Mega Absol (WINGS! WINGS!), Mega Charizard Y (Dragonic, better than before), and Mega Banette...

What? Mega Banette?
Yes, I like the design. Banette are just cool in general anyways. There's something about it that I like... might train one up now just for the purpose. :D

Meeeeeega Gardevoir... Can't wait until Christmas...

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next